Something About Nothing............ #14

Need to figure out what’s for dinner
BBQ carry out or Domino’s pizza

Never made it to the grocery store today

Let’s lay off the political stuff
Thought I posted to you about that a few days ago
Ah, OK, I didn't realise simply saying that a strike that was only announced yesterday will likely impact what is probably our last holiday as a family (with zero comment on the nature of the reasons or my feelings about them) was political.
If the flights were cancelled for any other reason, would that be equally unacceptable?
I guess as consumers of healthcare who will suffer as a result of those, different, strikes and as consumers of travel who will be impacted, we are just acceptable collateral damage, best not to have feelings about it, in case it's construed as political, huh?

Welcome to Friday!!! Yay!

Glad you enjoyed the fete, even without winning a raffle. I hope your trip has no issues, and hope you all have a most fabulous time.

Hope Keisha’s afternoon flight went well, and will be waking up to some awesome fun today.

I should get to bed. Good night and yay! It’s Friday!

Yay for Charade to be done her paper. Good luck with the math today.

Today? Tea and a warm home, how nice is that?

Weather. Yeah. Not a Winter weather fan here. But no matter, alarm is off, but I’m up early anyway. in that predawn cool. Thus, I’m happy house feels warm, as we are just two degrees above freezing. Yes, that rainy wind from the South is gone, and an Arctic system is ready to set up. Ack. Glad they are saying most of that stuff from the Arctic will go South of us. Poor Charade, maybe. Thought today, will be enjoying a golden sunrise and a full day of sun. But that wind is still around. So bad hair alert. 14 mph gusts. Hehe, as tied up hair I will be. Maybe even my ball cap. Sigh.

Well with it being almost the middle of December, our 10 day forecast shows some wet chances, and highs in the mid 40’s, with a few 30’s highs in there too. Worse saying the wet on Monday could be snow showers, but the rest is just rain. Either way, ugh. I like that full days of sun. But my car always has a windshield scraper, blanket, and winter hat and gloves. And a jug of windshield cleaner. Unless you are the lead car, wet means icky windows when in traffic.

And so, a pep in step today. Lazy Friday. Woot! Hehe, last night, little one asked what is in store for today. Well, time to meet up with my sister, to plot and scheme, what we want to bake next weekend. Hence will be showing what wants to make, what we have already bought or have, then some shopping to get ready. Promised her a diner lunch. There’s two Jewish diners where she enjoys their soup. The one I like more, is sorta on the way to meet up, but on the way with a little off the main way enough. The other is directly on the way up. But don’t care. Both have delicious food. I think that little bit way one is where we will be. May get some bakery goods from there too, on way out, as will be nice to enjoy, as we decide our baking plans. Lazy Friday. Woot indeed. I so appreciate these three day weekends.

Therefore these wishes: May all have a most Fabulous Friday and that most happy and Wonderful Weekend.

Last edited:
It's Friday :cool1:

I am looking forward to the weekend - even though I am working both days. But that is alright. With only a couple of weeks until Xmas, I will get extra days off over the Christmas holiday. The office for my main job is closed between Xmas and New Years - and I have asked for that time off from the second job, as I am watching gd between the 2 holidays as her daycare is closed then but dd and sil are both still working. So Grammie to the rescue!

No tree decorating last night. I picked up a shift as someone called in sick. Tonight I think will be order in pizza, and decorate the tree and house!!!! For some reason, I am MORE than ready and excited to decorate and get my Christmas Cheer on!!!! I might even pick up some eggnog to whip up some yummy drinks. Eggnog paralyzers - here we come!!!! I know that drink is a crazy canuck thing...but they sure are yummy. I can't drink too many of them, but I sure do enjoy one or two during the holiday season :drinking1

I am not sure what else the weekend has in store - probably some gift wrapping. It is a light christmas since we are heading to Florida in spring. We were hoping to lock in dates last weekend, but of course it was a super busy short weekend, we didn't get to lock in any dates. I am hoping to find a sweet deal on flights for late April/May.

Not the best picture, but the wreath on my front door:
VERY pretty!!!! I love that it has lights on it.
BBQ carry out or Domino’s pizza

Never made it to the grocery store today
Ooooo yummy! That sounds delicious. I think it's pizza on our menu tonight. Pizza is supposed to be the easiest meal to order. For us, there is always a fight. Pappa John's seems to be the one we can all agree on.
Finished and submitted my paper. Going to bed now. Math tomorrow.
Yay on submitting the paper! You will get through the semester one paper at a time.
Lazy Friday. Woot! Hehe, last night, little one asked what is in store for today. Well, time to meet up with my sister, to plot and scheme, what we want to bake next weekend. Hence will be showing what wants to make, what we have already bought or have, then some shopping to get ready. Promised her a diner lunch.
How lucky are you that you can get together with your sister to do things like that! I envy people who have family that live close to them so that you can do things like that. I do miss live close to my family where I would get to do things like that.
Enjoy your extra long weekend!!!

Well, I should shuffle a few more papers. There is always a paper to shuffle around.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Saturday is here. House is warm. Felt good after a long hot shower. DH wants to get going. But thinking Illl get moving soon. Yeah, we both were up hours ago.

Yay, baking day. And nicely below freezing, 26 degrees days that outdoor thermometer. Cool in my book. But still, rain to hold off until tomorrow. So, a sunny morning that turns to clouds by lunchtime. No matter. Kitchen will be warm with all the cookies and other we are doing today. Tea and coffee will be flowing as well.

Super stupendously beautiful Saturday to all. And hope that 80 degrees day Keisha is having, means she and family are having that most fabulous time.

Good Saturday Morning everyone.

It is 14 days and 18 hours until Christmas.
30677ADD-B59F-484C-8B7F-E6825AFD1214.gif

A8594CB7-F5F3-4CB0-9CB8-7862ABAB39EE.gif

CD112AA9-CB98-4DF1-AD10-DAA504AE1B0F.gif

E989FA6B-3121-49EE-B514-FE1E57202EF1.gif

1E930001-6DDA-4195-A10E-F8C49FB41C37.gif

lol.....I`m not a fan of squirrels in general, so maybe a no on the ornaments...neither of us can remember buying it last Christmas at Universal.......guess we must have.
Hubby likes to feed the squirrels here. We have some that are just about as big as cats.

If the food gets low they have been known to come and tap on the kitchen window….LOL

J is adorable!! He is growing so quickly, you are so fortunate to be able to spend so much time with him, and he obviously loves being with you too.
He is a sweet little fella. I do enjoy spending time with him.

Not the best picture, but the wreath on my front door:
Pretty wreath.

orlando’s best kept secret is…earl the squirrel is a rodent. I do find the backstory amusing, fits in with U being a bit left of center.
It is funny.

Hope you and the family had a safe and uneventful trip into Orlando. Enjoy the Florida sun.

Sending get well prayers to all who are sick.

My younger sister K and I made the trip yesterday to Nashville to the Mall at Green Hills. We had a wonderful time enjoying some sister time, shopping and having lunch.

I had to laugh at this little lit up dog Christmas display outside one of the stores, My sister saw it and pointed it out to me.

FDEBCA6C-7B4B-41EC-AA86-91505C5845E8.jpeg

This is a very nice Mall with plenty of choices for shopping. They have added a few more nice stores since I was last there.

The Macy’s Store there was beautiful and had 3 floors. I found this beautiful Christmas pillow and thought is would be a good addition to the Christmas cheer in the house.

Like Halloween you can never have to many Christmas decorations I guess.

6CDC7238-90C0-4EA9-9170-E2DD99B97B90.jpeg

I like Crate and Barrel store and they had one there and I was able to find some nice things.

They also had one of the nicest Willams and Sonoma Stores I have been in.

Later in the evening after we arrived back in our area we stopped into Cracker Barrel for dinner. We were sat a a table near the Christmas tree and fire place. I had not been to Cracker Barrel and in a long time. The food and service were very good and the Christmas vibe was nice. This was a nice way to round out a great day of sister time and shopping.

Up early this morning. Think I might try and go back to bed for a little while.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone doing whatever it is that makes you happy.

Yay, baking day. And nicely below freezing, 26 degrees days that outdoor thermometer. Cool in my book. But still, rain to hold off until tomorrow. So, a sunny morning that turns to clouds by lunchtime. No matter. Kitchen will be warm with all the cookies and other we are doing today. Tea and coffee will be flowing as well.

Sounds like a perfect baking day.

@Robo56 the toppers are all fondant except the wreath is piped buttercream. I’ve booked to do a Disney class in January.

Love the dog picture. I took this one today outside the Lyme Regis RNLI (our lifeboat rescue service) made from old galoshes!
F4845AB4-4E9F-44F5-B5F3-7EFEF3760F69.jpeg
We are down in Sidmouth for a few days. It always feels like coming home. Last night we went to the Donkey Sanctuary Carol service - it was beautiful. Tonight we are going to illuminated gardens and a Christmas market.
There is snow at home but luckily just frosty down here.
Lynne hope the baking went well.

Indeedy we are Enjoying the beautiful weather here. DS took a pool day, while the mr & I went to MK that was wildly crowded. For those who are familiar, the line for Astro orbiter

and end of “lightening lane” for the haunted mansion. We were less than half that line & it took a solid 20 minutes to reach attraction entrance.

58579C9C-6230-4286-8332-CDC4EBAC5C0A.jpeg
ADBD444B-D891-4A29-8E71-ED65D73DFDCA.jpeg
So pretty! Doing the MVMCP in a few days
0651DC8B-394A-43FF-8272-ED45A57B3602.jpeg

We’re having having fun driving the rental this trip, BMW s2
867BBAFF-1454-4A5F-8F69-BB52D027261E.jpeg
Finished up night at White Castle. Just the thing after the heavy Disney meals
76AB0891-4B83-4AFA-908D-7B2DF19288F0.jpeg
Yes, that is a 30 pack lol. Will serve as lunch one day lol

Nice to hear of everyone’s holiday preps and activities!

Attachments

• 797A5E85-591B-4B6C-845B-D6AED1BDD2B7.jpeg
    797A5E85-591B-4B6C-845B-D6AED1BDD2B7.jpeg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1
Yay, a live report from Keisha. Have party fun. We did that one year. Was nice, and probably much cheaper than now. Great pictures and yay, for that sweet rental car score. Hehe, leftover burgers. Not a fan of those burgers, but yay for easy meal. And looking like great weather.

Love that pictures of booted dogs, Real.

Very nice pillow Robo. Always nice to have holiday pillows around. Sweet to spend time with your sister, and shop, with lunch together at a pretty mall.

Well baking and making we were. Round 2 is next weekend. Did 4 types of cookies, delicious peanut butter fudge we made from a new recipe we found ( a keeper), and so many milk chocolate dipped pretzel sticks with some that had been rolled in three different types sprinkles, some with chopped peanuts, and some with crushed peppermints, with store looking chocolate pieces from a mold we had.

And yeah, did take an early evening nap, as blamed it on a very restless bed mate the night before. Hence I’m up way too early. Hehe, but so is he this morning, as last evening napping was him as well. I made some tea, but may try to get back to sleep soon. He may try, or may see him with eyes closed in his chair in front of our largest tv, with is on right now.

Have a most lovely Sunday today. A rainy one for us. Saying light rain in the morning, so hoping to not get that wet, as have have to get gas for the car, and some bills to pay. Will be soggy as we drag those trash cans to the curb tonight, as heavy bands of rain to start by lunchtime, and continue through the evening. Glad I’m south enough, as just north of me, wintery mix. No snow, but cool enough feeling rain though. And alarm ready to be set.

Yeah, shorter day week day routine this week, with office party day in there this week. Glad the rain is a one day event, before our next chances at the end of this week. Hehe, getting closer to that week of lazy to end the year. Woot!

so many milk chocolate dipped pretzel sticks with some that had been rolled in three different types sprinkles, some with chopped peanuts, and some with crushed peppermints,
I’ve yet to find the perfect chocolate coating for them

Have tried using MW & stove top double boiler

No matter what type/brand/fat additive, they all have that faint white bloom on them after a week or so
:confused3

My choc covered cherries come out well but, are refrigerated & never last more than a day or two before being gobbled up

Unsolved mystery

Have a lovely Sunday all. Our Epcot day my blood has already thinned. Cooler this am 69 & breezy. If I were home would think it a heat wave lol

Oh Keisha, never had issues with my chocolates. Use either local candy company chips, or lately, found at that Target, fancy chocolate brand of chips, and both work great. Found the white with sparkles at Michael’s, and those worked great every time. Used the milk chocolate yesterday, and have dark and white, with the sparkle white, to use next weekend. Have used the dark chocolate for strawberries at Thanksgiving for dessert, and they came out so delicious, some people were not even waiting until the chocolate hardened, was that good. Will do sone marshmallows too. We like the dark chocolate for them mor.

Use a double boiler, just until chocolate seems to be totally melted, then turn heat off, and use. We do as many pretzels as can, then when not much left, use it for the molds we have, and this time, even had just a little left, crumbled up a few l broken pretzel pieces, tossed in a handful of chopped peanuts, and dropped two clumps of them chocolate covered. We used to put them in freezer to set, but was so cold out yesterday, placed on porch for a good few minutes, and they set rather fast. Hope with the cloudy weather and cooler 70’s, you are having, you all are still enjoying your trip. I’d much rather be there. Guess not north enough, as wintery mix just changed to a light rain. At least we are close to 40. Sigh. Winter? Rather be south right now, for sure.

Need to tell little one, older one left, how about us get going?

Happy Sunday afternoon. I have finished my billing and bookkeeping class and will now concentrate on math for the rest of the week. I have 2 more exams to take and then the semester will be over.

The university released the commencement schedule. Thankfully we don't have any conflicts. Dh has to be at the school of communications degree presentation on Thursday, May 11 at 10:00, B has her ceremony on Thursday at 2:00, and mine is Friday at 10:00. The big ceremony for the entire university is Friday at 7:00.

Poor Charade, maybe.
??? I think I missed something.

No tree decorating last night. I picked up a shift as someone called in sick. Tonight I think will be order in pizza, and decorate the tree and house!!!! For some reason, I am MORE than ready and excited to decorate and get my Christmas Cheer on!!!!
Did you get all of your decorating done? We are doing minimal decorating this year since we won't be home at Christmas.

I had to laugh at this little lit up dog Christmas display outside one of the stores, My sister saw it and pointed it out to me.
Too funny.

Love the dog picture. I took this one today outside the Lyme Regis RNLI (our lifeboat rescue service) made from old galoshes!
Cute and very clever.

Finished up night at White Castle. Just the thing after the heavy Disney meals
I haven't had a White Castle burger in ages. Probably a couple of decades.

Well baking and making we were. Round 2 is next weekend. Did 4 types of cookies, delicious peanut butter fudge we made from a new recipe we found ( a keeper), and so many milk chocolate dipped pretzel sticks with some that had been rolled in three different types sprinkles, some with chopped peanuts, and some with crushed peppermints, with store looking chocolate pieces from a mold we had.
If anyone needs me I will be at Lynne's house eating cookies.

No matter what type/brand/fat additive, they all have that faint white bloom on them after a week or so
Chocolate never lasts more than a week at my house.

I'm off to take a math exam. Later I need to finish wrapping presents. I have 2 more and then I am finished.

I’ll have to ship all our baking and chocolate items to Charade and Mac, and Keisha too. If you’d pm me address, will at least send a card your way.

Charade, meant that thunderstorms that came by the other day, stayed South of me. But rainy Sunday we have been having.

Did get gas, over 30 cents lower than last week. Would like to see even lower gas prices. Also paid bill, and did some shopping. Talked with sister, all is ready for our round 2.

Well, cans at curb, and deciding what for dinner. May just pick up one of those cooked chicken packs, and make my own chicken noodle soup. Bought wide egg noodles, so I guess more proper looking noodle soup this time. Seems like that kinda day. Cool, rainy and wet and damp feeling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter