Something About Nothing............ #14

One of those busy days.

Enjoyed dinner, didn`t eat a whole lot but it was nice. I baked some stem ginger cookies today....just for me as Tom doesn`t like them :rolleyes1 Nice with a pot of tea.

Full moon tonight…….🌕

Hey Pumpkin……cheesecake sounds lovely! I’m sure you’ll do a good job……and glad you have some milder weather again….yes, being cold makes us grumpy……..

Time for bed here…….had a martini earlier…….nice!

Good evening everyone. I came to a good stopping place in my studies, so I am taking some time to post. I actually had a really good day at work today. One of the insurance problems I have been working on since January had finally been resolved. We are also getting payments from Medicaid for all of the claims they short paid my boss during 2019 and 2020. This should amount to a few thousand dollars.

Funny story - DH got a call from someone representing the university athletics department. Someone called to complain that he was too loud at the last football game. Too loud.....at a football game. The complaint came from a fan of the opposing team. We are assuming the person was just upset that their team lost. Normally nothing would have been said, but since dh is faculty they felt like they at least needed to inform him.

I`m guessing I had a restless night as Tom asked me if I remembered chatting in my sleep a couple of times......er, obviously not! At one point I apparently looked towards our bedroom door that you can`t actually see from our bed as it`s round a corner, but I said oh you`re here again......lol.....not sure whether to laugh or be scared! My dreams are infamous!
That's hilarious. I have crazy dreams too, but I don't think I've ever talked in my sleep.
The snow started Friday evening as we were sitting down to eat...
I know you're in Canada, but it still seems too soon for snow.
Yes...it's Skip the Dishes! Or Door Dash! I should have clarified
When you first said skipped I thought you meant you didn't get any Tim's. Now Door Dash I understand.
Thus, all enjoy a taco or two, or even just dream of a taco eating day, and today is that day. Taco Tuesday is here. Woot!
No tacos for me today, but I did have a chimichanga for lunch. Close enough?
the only thing productive i did today was i voted in GA
That was a good productive thing to do today.

I'm a little annoyed. Usually I watch reruns of something like Castle or Murder She Wrote before I go to bed, but now both Hallmark and Lifetime are just showing their Christmas movies. Ugh.

Guess I'll jus go to bed.

Sounds like you saved the day on that insurance claim from January

It’s great you have been able to put that issue to bed!

Good evening everyone. I came to a good stopping place in my studies, so I am taking some time to post. I actually had a really good day at work today. One of the insurance problems I have been working on since January had finally been resolved. We are also getting payments from Medicaid for all of the claims they short paid my boss during 2019 and 2020. This should amount to a few thousand dollars.

Funny story - DH got a call from someone representing the university athletics department. Someone called to complain that he was too loud at the last football game. Too loud.....at a football game. The complaint came from a fan of the opposing team. We are assuming the person was just upset that their team lost. Normally nothing would have been said, but since dh is faculty they felt like they at least needed to inform him.

That's hilarious. I have crazy dreams too, but I don't think I've ever talked in my sleep.

I know you're in Canada, but it still seems too soon for snow.

When you first said skipped I thought you meant you didn't get any Tim's. Now Door Dash I understand.

No tacos for me today, but I did have a chimichanga for lunch. Close enough?

That was a good productive thing to do today.

I'm a little annoyed. Usually I watch reruns of something like Castle or Murder She Wrote before I go to bed, but now both Hallmark and Lifetime are just showing their Christmas movies. Ugh.

Guess I'll jus go to bed.

Nice work on the insurance claim!

Oh good grief someone complained about a man being too noisy at a football game????? Jeez.....people do like to get offended over every little darn thing don`t they and they need to let everyone know about it today!! Shame they don`t have anything else to worry about.....file that complaint with the contempt and laughter it deserves.

Skipped to us means missing something......I skipped lunch or I skipped going to the gym....not that I ever skip lunch!!!!

Much as though I adore and love Christmas a little too much, I can`t get into those daytime Christmas movies. The houses and towns always look so gorgeous, but the storylines are just a little too twee for me. I do have friends though that love them though and watch them all.......

Sad to hear of the death of Leslie Phillips yesterday, most famous in the USA for being the voice of the sorting hat in Harry Potter but a marvellously charismatic actor who has entertained us for many years in the UK playing the lovable cad at times. Very funny man who everyone adored. Ding - Dong!! And Dan McCafferty of 70s group Nazareth, Bill Treacher another English actor very famous over here......we`re losing so many icons again this year.

Early night last night for us and very mild through the night again, same this morning but supposed to rain all through the morning before brightening up again apparently.

Heading out shopping this morning, going to pick up the new winter coat, they have it in now, so will get that and try to do some other shopping too and drop some stuff off to the charity store and pop some donations into the food bank collection place, my goodness they are struggling for more donations.

BBQ pork fillet tonight with baked cauliflower cheese as our side and Tom picked up some mange tout (snow peas) so will do that for him too as I line them up with green beans as the veg of the devil!! Not for me.

Toast with lemon curd this morning.......not everyone`s choice I`m sure, but....love it with a huge pot of tea!

i-jcvH9p2-S.gif

i-mrmkWCD-S.gif

Happy Wednesday :)

B6DDB702-D0E3-4DBF-B1B0-3995699F0DAE.jpeg

Yay! That mid week feeling is here. Whopper of a Wednesday, yes. That hump of day, for yay as camel reminding us, that our holiday Friday is that much closer.

Ooh what a clear overnight sky does. Well, did see a very white and bright full moon in the sky in the early evening last night. But a clear sky drops the temps quick. Flirting with freezing temps, as went to 35 in the wee hours, and 36 out now. Cool start. And cool, almost seasonal high temp. Pair of fives today. 55 the high. And do hear my heater on this morning.

Some people. Yeah, people are loud at sports games. Screaming for your team to win is a normal response from a fan watching. Hope your DH got a laugh from that complaint, Charade. Getting closer to end of your semester. And yay for getting that issue resolved after all those months. And even nicer to get more money for those senior who had payments that were short.

Pumpkin, hope the cheesecake came out perfect. Nice to find those cookie crumbs. Hope you have warmer weather, enough to melt that snow.

And so, tea for me, a throw over my legs, and up already for that week day routine.

Have a most wonderful Wednesday.

Good morning, ☀️ I’ll have. Rocking those shades with a jacket for lunchtime walk.

Ooh those getting wet today with the hurricane hitting the Southern area today. Stay dry and safe. That storm will be like a Nor’easter, as it’s comes up the coastline. and will give us a very rainy Friday. Umbrellas and jackets worn as we honor our veterans. So even though cool out, enjoying this sunny day today. No umbrellas needed yet.

Well, still no new coat.....so much for the txt it`s in......lol.....will get it next week sometime, I`m in no hurry.

Busy day in the end, getting sorted for doing the childrens book reading sessions again, will start next week with them too, I`ve missed that, another lady was doing it while I was away and then had the flu, but look forward to it again.

Pork fillet is marinading for tonight, smells good already and will make cheese sauce later for the cauliflower and apart from that not much else to do tonight, getting a little cooler tonight after such a mild day I don`t think our heating has been on since first thing this morning. That`ll change as we won`t be cold in the house, our house is very naturally warm in general....really good cavity wall insulation, roof insulation and good windows so no draughts.

Time for tea and a doughnut.....store bought!!

Hey all. First day I’ve been productive since the vaxxs. I just was dragging yesterday and freezing despite it being so warm. Spent day on couch wrapped in a couple of throws drinking hot tea

today, went out & grabbed three big turkey breasts and plopped in kitchen freezer I had to clear out to fit the. Resulted in making up a huge pot of chili and taking out a small pkg of boneless chicken breasts that morphed in chicken salad. I put apples, raisins & cranberries in mine The mr will gladly eat a package of teriyaki shrimp to help me out re space Lol
I still think for over all design Dead Man‘s Pier was awesome. That was an original house and a fantastic one at that.
Absolutely agree. :scratchin Believe it’s my favorite house of all time
Hubby has MD appointment this afternoon so I need to get moving.
Good luck
Hope you both do well afterwards.
Oh, he got walloped this ‘round. Such a high fever by the end of the day. Back to normal today, was on a ladder re-pointing a few bricks and trimming bushes
The snow started Friday evening as we were sitting down to eat...and it hasn't stopped yet
no way
And a voting one for me,
we do the mail in, hope they never eliminate it
the only thing productive i did today was i voted in GA

Trying to catch up reading the threads now
Looks like you get to do a do-over in a month
Someone called to complain that he was too loud at the last football game. Too loud.....at a football game
whaaat? Talk about an oxymoron

spent my time today clearing out my closet
and donated the clothes to an organization

tomorrow I will be in a panic looking for the black slacks that probably were in the bag of donated clothes

Mr Mac said he was not fond of my dinner plans for us.
He said can we do that meal tomorrow as he has a taste for Taco Bell…

I don’t need to be asked twice
Taco Bell here we come!

Hey all. First day I’ve been productive since the vaxxs. I just was dragging yesterday and freezing despite it being so warm. Spent day on couch wrapped in a couple of throws drinking hot tea

today, went out & grabbed three big turkey breasts and plopped in kitchen freezer I had to clear out to fit the. Resulted in making up a huge pot of chili and taking out a small pkg of boneless chicken breasts that morphed in chicken salad. I put apples, raisins & cranberries in mine The mr will gladly eat a package of teriyaki shrimp to help me out re space Lol

Absolutely agree. :scratchin Believe it’s my favorite house of all time

Good luck

Oh, he got walloped this ‘round. Such a high fever by the end of the day. Back to normal today, was on a ladder re-pointing a few bricks and trimming bushes

no way

we do the mail in, hope they never eliminate it

Looks like you get to do a do-over in a month

whaaat? Talk about an oxymoron

Glad to hear you`re both over the worst, those jabs can really knock folks out, I was so tired after mine, thankfully that was it.

I love dried cranberries in my salads....dreid fruit and jalapenos make a great addition to a huge green salad! Sounds good......your husband is a gem helping you out like that.....lol.....anything with teriyaki or shrimp is good!!!!

tomorrow I will be in a panic looking for the black slacks that probably were in the bag of donated clothes

Mr Mac said he was not fond of my dinner plans for us.
He said can we do that meal tomorrow as he has a taste for Taco Bell…

I don’t need to be asked twice
Taco Bell here we come!

lol....Tom once asked me where his dark blue long sleeved shirt was......he never wore it, so it went into the charity bag for donation.......oops!!! I feigned ignorance as to what shirt he was talking about.....lol......

Hope you enjoyed those tacos!!

It is blowing a hoolie here.....been wild all night and still growling outside this morning, no rain though but my goodness that wind is noisy. I still slept all night though...apparently!! I`m guessing Tom didn`t. Sun is just coming up now and it does look beautiful, but very red which doesn`t bode well.

A day in today again, getting some deliveries this morning and got our electrician coming this afternoon to have a look at adding and changing lighting for us. Tradesmen are so busy I`m glad he can fit us in again. Although goodness knows when the work will get done.

Croissants with lemon curd this morning for me, Tom will have his usual cereal......then I might do some baking this morning. After cleaning of course.....joy!!

Simple chicken, white wine and cream meal tonight, little parmentier potatoes too and maybe roasted carrots. Lunch is coronation chicken on those croissants as they are huge.

Have a good one.......

i-dTwzvWw-S.gif

cv6-S.jpg

Keisha glad you are both improving. Im
Not having the booster this time as I was yellow carded last time. Have had the flu one and just take care when out still.

Pumpkin the cheesecake sounds lovely. I do a Keto base with ground almonds that is gluten free.

Charade is your studying for a specific qualification - apologies I missed that.

Taco for Mac tonight. We are having a Sunday roast dinner tonight as I bought everything forgetting Kev and I are going into Manchester on Sunday for a concert and will visit the Christmas markets and will be eating at Fazenda which is great for us - all meats which are beautifully cooked.

Sunday Emma and I took the children to Disney On Ice #Dreambig in Manchester. It really was a wonderful show with snow, bubbles and a fire breathing dragon!

DS and DIL are meant to be off to Orlando tomorrow with little one but hurricane warnings are disrupting flights so they will have to wait and see. Were hoping to use her employee flights. If they go we are having their dog Ted for 10 days.

Kev has finished fitting out the utility room and is painting today. I will do the glossing but he will have the walls done in no time.

Pumpkin can we have a picture of your snow? We rarely get a good layer these days.

Stay well all x

Real, good to hear from you. How fun kids for kids to see that show. I think it comes to my City soon. And how nice to have a Christmas market with a good meal. Some of those markets will open in a few weeks. May get little one and I to go into the City for it. There’s an Italian bakery in the nearby market, that we definitely get items from there if in town around there. Freshly piped filling in the cannolis? Yes please. Hope flight goes as planned, and how nice to enjoy the dog sitting. Lucky pup.

Ah, Mac clearing out closets and enjoying a no Taco Bell meal. Sounds like s perfect day for you. Hope you are feeling good today.

And so, that day of the week, my window is this:
64F8D9FF-ABE3-42E6-8A5F-CD59C44FC79A.jpeg

Yep, still arrived about 1/2 hour before this shot. Yep, even with the time back to standard time, I’m still that before dawn early riser. But as you can see, sunrise is a half hour from now, and that golden horizon says another glorious sunny ☀️ day for us. Yeah, and with that storm coming to soak us tomorrow, a tad bit warmer, as yay, 67 the high. Much better than the temps after that storm goes by. Next week only see in the 40’s for the high. Sigh. Commuting. Don’t know how I was used to it.

But doing my part this Thirsty Throw Back Thursday. Ah, no teapot here. But the water from the bottle is steaming hot. So an endless supply of hot water for my tea. Yay, on my second cup, almost ready for the third. Am thirsty this morning, apparently.

So a most Terrific Thirsty Thursday to all. Throw back a drink of choice or two, good to be hydrated. Body needs to not be parched. Heat exhaustion nope. So do your part.

Good morning.

I missed a hump day stop in...but made it for Thirsty Thursday.

My tea is long gone, but I brewed up another quick mug to have. It was needed.

Busy day yesterday. I left work to head to see my nail gal - then realized my appointment was for today. I am not sure why I thought it was yesterday...but I will be glad to have my appointment today. They are long and I held off filing them down, as she likes to work with the length...then file them down after. I was a little hard this set with painting dd's house and then helping them move. Working at HomeSense doesn't help sometimes either when lifting or moving pieces of furniture. So I just went home early and enjoyed the house while it was quiet!

Weather is still cold today - but warming up to more tolerable levels overnight. We are climatized to the cold weather. Sigh. At least the sun is shinning today. I will soak up all the vitamin D I can get.

Hope you have warmer weather, enough to melt that snow.
Yah....the probably won't happen in our area. I know where dd used to live the snow would come and go all season. Here...once it's here...it's here. We may get warmer weather to melt most of it, but there will always be lingering snow.
getting sorted for doing the childrens book reading sessions again, will start next week with them too, I`ve missed that, another lady was doing it while I was away and then had the flu, but look forward to it again.
It's great you are doing that again! At least you know your new jacket is on the way to you ;)
I need to do another closet clean out again. It is always great to clear out and refresh an area again.
Pumpkin can we have a picture of your snow? We rarely get a good layer these days.
I will try to get a good/nice one and tag you in it lol. For those who love the idea of snow - it's nice for about 5 minutes. After that....it's cold, frustrating, and requires sooo much work. I never even liked it as a child. HATED having recess and having to dress up to go out for a few minutes only to come back in again - rinse and repeat.

Well, I should shuffle a few more papers around.

Have a great day everyone!

I missed a hump day stop in...but made it for Thirsty Thursday.

My tea is long gone, but I brewed up another quick mug to have. It was needed.

Busy day yesterday. I left work to head to see my nail gal - then realized my appointment was for today. I am not sure why I thought it was yesterday...but I will be glad to have my appointment today. They are long and I held off filing them down, as she likes to work with the length...then file them down after. I was a little hard this set with painting dd's house and then helping them move. Working at HomeSense doesn't help sometimes either when lifting or moving pieces of furniture. So I just went home early and enjoyed the house while it was quiet!

Weather is still cold today - but warming up to more tolerable levels overnight. We are climatized to the cold weather. Sigh. At least the sun is shinning today. I will soak up all the vitamin D I can get.

Yah....the probably won't happen in our area. I know where dd used to live the snow would come and go all season. Here...once it's here...it's here. We may get warmer weather to melt most of it, but there will always be lingering snow.

It's great you are doing that again! At least you know your new jacket is on the way to you ;)

I need to do another closet clean out again. It is always great to clear out and refresh an area again.

I will try to get a good/nice one and tag you in it lol. For those who love the idea of snow - it's nice for about 5 minutes. After that....it's cold, frustrating, and requires sooo much work. I never even liked it as a child. HATED having recess and having to dress up to go out for a few minutes only to come back in again - rinse and repeat.

Well, I should shuffle a few more papers around.

Have a great day everyone!

lol...it`s easy to mix up days for appointments, hope you enjoy your time with her today. Yes moving things around is not good for nails.

Glad it`s not as nasty for you now, but winter is certainly coming to us all.

Yes, looking forward to Monday morning, I think it`s Monday, will have to check tomorrow, and yes coat should be here by Thursday next week!!

Have a lovely day....

Well our gorgeous sunrise didn`t last long......dull and grey all day, and blowing a gale, but it`s not overly cold just yet.

Managed to get a fair bit done today, and our electrician popped round to see us, so hopefully he`ll get to us soon, he`s another who is incredibly busy. Lamps on by 3.45 today, but my friend drove up and mentioned how cosy our home always looks with all the table lamps on when it gets darker, I do think homes look cosy like that too.

Still breezy but it`s dying down a little now.

Time for a pot of tea and some stem ginger cookies......🫖🍪

Not having the booster this time as I was yellow carded last time
Did u have a reaction?
Sunday Emma and I took the children to Disney On Ice #Dreambig in Manchester. It really was a wonderful show with snow, bubbles and a fire breathing dragon!
They do a great job with the shows here too.
Freshly piped filling in the cannolis? Yes please.
Indeed! A good cannoli is hard to find outside the north east.
So I just went home early and enjoyed the house while it was quiet
i feel you. Have always been the first to wake from time my kids were little to now. Enjoyed that quiet time in the AM with my cuppa

have the kiddo here for a few days, school holiday. Must’ve worn her out, was outside with the pooch, came back in and she was zonked out on couch. Lol

Looks like I am the night shift here.
Getting a cold spell tonight and it’s only 69 right now
Due rain anytime tonight and temps will be nippy tomorrow
Saturday will be cold in my area and not excited about that

Sending Mr Mac to the grocery store in the morning and hope it won’t be pouring rain

Completely bare cupboards so no putting shopping off tomorrow.

I do hope he does not buy liver…

i feel you. Have always been the first to wake from time my kids were little to now. Enjoyed that quiet time in the AM with my cuppa

have the kiddo here for a few days, school holiday. Must’ve worn her out, was outside with the pooch, came back in and she was zonked out on couch. Lol

lol....your GD is a little bundle of energy....you must have worn her out!!! Hope the cookies were good......

I made some stem ginger ones yesterday, not the best.....I think I`ll stick to using crystalised ginger, I think it`s called candied ginger in the US.....that`s my favourite!

Looks like I am the night shift here.
Getting a cold spell tonight and it’s only 69 right now
Due rain anytime tonight and temps will be nippy tomorrow
Saturday will be cold in my area and not excited about that

Sending Mr Mac to the grocery store in the morning and hope it won’t be pouring rain

Completely bare cupboards so no putting shopping off tomorrow.

I do hope he does not buy liver…

Oh no one wants liver mac!

Shame you have some cooler weather coming up.....it`ll pass. You don`t usually get a lot of rain do you in your area?

Up and out early this morning, have a few things to sort out this morning, some shopping to do and a birthday gift drop off for one of our friends.....he is the big 60!!! They fly to Paris tonight for a long weekend to celebrate.

Then 11am we have the two minute silence for Armistice Day, so every shop and business make the announcement the silence is coming up and everything stops for a mark of respect. And rightly so.

No idea for lunch, but dinner is chicken in pepper sauce. Will make the sauce later.

And another weekend coming up....tomorrow we`ll drive over to watch Kyle do his 50th Park Run......they sometimes do something fun for milestones, so Kyle has hired a fancy dress outfit.......it`s only 5K they do on Saturdays, so he`ll be able to run it ok.....we`ve seen it and it is fabulous, but he`s keeping it a surprise from his running group who will all be there. Good turnout of around 300 folks every week and the event runs up and down the UK every week. Should be fun.

Early breakfast this morning......lots of tea and toast.......

i-JKjjRDs-S.gif

cv63-M.png

Happy Friday......​

Holiday Friday, and I’m still up way too early, but hehe, so is DH. While the sky is clear now, those rain chances start around mid morning, and last all day.

No matter, a date lunch, as DH enjoys a meal at a burger place we both like. And with both of us available on a holiday day, it will be nice to share a meal with him, as we haven’t had that opportunity much lately.

And so, a day to remember those military members no longer with us, and to thank those still with us. Have a Fabulous Veteran’s Day Friday.

Woot to a holiday making it a three day weekend.

Keisha yes I had a severe reaction. Original and first booster were AZ no issues. Next was Pfizer and I was so unwell. Hit my stomach first (which is my weak point) but then absolutely everything. Had to be reported and took me 2-3 weeks to get over.

Mac we like liver here though not eaten often. Is the only offal I will eat. Most meats are good with me though I’m not a huge eater of pork.

Lynne hope you enjoy your lunch date. We are looking forward to our meal out before the concert on Sunday.
I went into town this morning for my hair and so was there as veterans gathered at 11 to pay respects. Big parade and gathering is on Sunday morning.

Unfortunately DS and DIL did not get on the Orlando flight but got on as Premium seated to Atlanta. Will return direct so they were ok with that. I currently have the two dogs fighting to be pole position on my knee!

Don’t get chance for much crafting at the moment so I’m booking on some classes in the run up to Christmas. So that’s my task this afternoon to start getting organised. Hopefully will inspire me.

Happy Friday all x

My goodness towns were busy today. But, got all I needed for today which was nice. Lovely sunny day but still very breezy.

11am everything stopped for the two minute silence and everyone around participated. Always quite an emotional moment really. Sunday we`ll go to the Remembrance Service in the town next to us where all the veterans gather too for the service.

Stopped into a local cafe where we planned to have lunch, and today they offering free lunches for folks who had been in the armed forces......it was mobbed, we`ve never seen that place so busy!!!

So we walked round for lunch into one of the pubs where it was much quieter and we had a couple of lovely sandwiches, I had shrimp and smoked salmon on white and Tom had a cheddar, ham and sandwich pickle baguette......and as we had dropped the car off, we shared a bottle of red wine......nice!!

Doubt we`ll eat pepper chicken tonight now!

Going to wrap some presents I picked up this morning, I do like getting organised fairly early. And make a pot of tea......

RF, I always dread the Atlanta airport
Maybe the crowds there are not a problem for your kids
I put it on par as Ohare airport in chicago

For me to get to Orlando, i have two flights
Chattanooga to Atlanta to Orlando
One time flew north to chicago and got my direct flight from there to Orlando.

i am the only one that enjoys liver
Mr Mac and my sons hates it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter