Something About Nothing............ #14

More storms mac?? Your area is being hit recently.....it`ll pick up, your weather is always amazing.

Enjoyed the book group back up and running, I think it works well with just 8 of us, we`ll see....none of us really want to ask anyone else to join as we all kind of gel.

Didn`t go out for lunch, so had grilled sandwiches and made spicy chicken kebabs with spicy couscous and salad tonight. It is still so mild here for us, 6.30pm in the last week in October and it`s almost 70F.........windows open all day and no heating on......ideal!!

Day in tomorrow, have groceries coming and a man coming to pick up a case of wine.....they sent the wrong mix.....so we have to keep four for the inconvenience and they`ll take away the other 12. Not a bad deal.

Tonight, time for tea and ginger cupcakes with buttercream frosting.......very healthy I`m told :rolleyes1 ....but they`re so good!!!

Thanks Mac. Glad you enjoyed your Taco night. Keto and Pioppi are both low carb so not easy for someone who likes to cook and bake. It worked for me previously but this is a different problem - with my heart. Waiting for further investigation.

Littlest grand baby is a boy. Such a cutie. This is the one we never thought would happen as my son and DIL had been together 17 years before he came along. They are wonderful parents. The two we live with absolutely love it when he comes to stay - he thinks they are hilarious!
C819281D-9A0D-48FC-9F66-74F075422DC9.jpeg

We are at Chatsworth now and had a beautiful warm day. Amazing colours in the parkland and very busy around the stately home as they prepare for fireworks this weekend, Christmas markets starting next week and the Christmas decorated house also begins in a few weeks.

Finally getting to do a hump day stop in!

I am so glad it's hump day - Friday is on the horizon. Probably a half day as we are heading back to the city again to help the kids move into their house. We will be bringing dumb and dumber with us too, so they can be back with their mom and dad lol. Dh commented last night that we will probably miss them when they do home. And he is right. We will miss them. They have been really good for us - besides the fact that as soon as we sit down, they are immediately in our personal space - we don't really even know they are around. They just hang out with us.

Quick hello. Classes started again yesterday, so I will be AWOL at least until i figure out how bad the course load is. One of my classes requires 7 essays and a research paper :crazy2:
I hope the next semester is smooth sailing and goes quickly for you.
Health problems have got me back on Keto/Pioppi way of eating. Not easy doing different meals when we’re all together but I’m on a roll to try and take my part in keeping healthy. So all meals planned and prepped for us two over the next 5 days. Caravan fridge and freezer loaded up.
I have not heard of Pioppi. I hope that you find success in them. That is NOT easy. Enjoy your time in the caravan (rv) I know we do love to do that as well. The picture of the little one :lovestruc Such a cutie!!!!
I am over the moon with the new flooring and the stairs look wonderful with a dark grey carpet all the way up on the landings too....looks beautiful. And other rooms done look just as good too. I was worried the comfy chairs in the hall would look odd as they are quite light, but works lovely. Tom`s relieved we`re not changing them!
Love the smell of new things!!! It's great you love the changes that were made!
Tried new recipe with an intriguing chicken marinade of honey mustard salad dressing, teriyaki sauce & hot sauce.
Yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got our first Book group of the winter this morning, we`ve lost a couple of members as they wanted night times only, but that didn`t suit the majority, so sadly they said they couldn`t keep coming along. There`s still 8 of us which is nice. And it`s nice to just get together again too.
That sounds like a nice little group to get together and chat!
And ooh that fog was still very thick this morning. Very dark drive, and thank you to tow truck blocking the lane, so had to wait til traffic passed before could go around. But quick enough commute. And warm again, as already 64 degrees with close to 70 this afternoon. Though those cloudy conditions will last all day. No matter, still took my sunglasses, and hoping to rock them on my lunchtime walk.
I hope you were able to walk over lunch. Much too cool here now without bundling up for long walks outside now. I'll pass. I don't do cold very well.
went out to eat dinner at Taco Bell last night
Typical Tuesday meal
Getting back into our Tuesdays
Some how i did not click on send when i wrote this last night.
That sounds like something that I may or may not have done a time or two :rolleyes1

Well, I should go rustle up some papers to shuffle around.

Have a great day everyone!

I quite enjoy reading and viewing the family pictures all are sharing.
Cute Kids!!!

Yup had some storms fall thru last night and again right now.
Keeps our temps lower

Did get quite a bit of rain during last night and more to come in a few hours

I was having a peace full day until I received a call at 2 today from the dental surgery group that they had a cancellation and did I want to fill it

Only took me a new york minute to say yes
Called at 2 and in the dental chair at 2:45
Had a root canal and should be in 4 weeks I can have a crown done with my family dentist.

Woot.. looking forward to that and be able to eat things I have missed.

:wave:Running all day.

Ever expect a day to be truly horrific and wind up being thrilled it just turned out horrible? Guess you need to file that under the lessor of all evils:scratchinand be glad everyone is still vertical.:wizard:

Well needed :rotfl2: over camel’s costume.

Finally getting to do a hump day stop in!

I am so glad it's hump day - Friday is on the horizon. Probably a half day as we are heading back to the city again to help the kids move into their house. We will be bringing dumb and dumber with us too, so they can be back with their mom and dad lol. Dh commented last night that we will probably miss them when they do home. And he is right. We will miss them. They have been really good for us - besides the fact that as soon as we sit down, they are immediately in our personal space - we don't really even know they are around. They just hang out with us.

I hope the next semester is smooth sailing and goes quickly for you.

I have not heard of Pioppi. I hope that you find success in them. That is NOT easy. Enjoy your time in the caravan (rv) I know we do love to do that as well. The picture of the little one :lovestruc Such a cutie!!!!

Love the smell of new things!!! It's great you love the changes that were made!

Yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That sounds like a nice little group to get together and chat!

I hope you were able to walk over lunch. Much too cool here now without bundling up for long walks outside now. I'll pass. I don't do cold very well.

That sounds like something that I may or may not have done a time or two :rolleyes1

Well, I should go rustle up some papers to shuffle around.

Have a great day everyone!

You have a busy weekend ahead, hope their move goes smoothly with no issues and hope they love their new home!!

I don`t do it often, but when I look after one of my friend`s dogs Poppy, I do kind of miss her when she`s gone......not in the mornings though when it`s cold wet and miserable......lol......I doubt we`ll ever have a dog!

Yes, it`s a nice little group, we all get on well and the book chat is about half of our meeting, the rest is a good old chin wag.....always nice.

Yes, when it gets too cold, walking outside is not for me either. I`m a hot house plant person, not a cold one.

I quite enjoy reading and viewing the family pictures all are sharing.
Cute Kids!!!

Yup had some storms fall thru last night and again right now.
Keeps our temps lower

Did get quite a bit of rain during last night and more to come in a few hours

I was having a peace full day until I received a call at 2 today from the dental surgery group that they had a cancellation and did I want to fill it

Had a root canal and should be in 4 weeks I can have a crown done with my family dentist.

Woot.. looking forward to that and be able to eat things I have missed.

Wow, not much notice at all, but I know you`re glad to have the procedure starting again. Yes, being able to eat anything you like again is something to celebrate!!!

We`ve had a lot of rain too over this last few weeks.....

:wave:Running all day.

Ever expect a day to be truly horrific and wind up being thrilled it just turned out horrible? Guess you need to file that under the lessor of all evils:scratchinand be glad everyone is still vertical.:wizard:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Another night with windows open and the duvet was pushed to the bottom of the bed as it was just so mild. Won`t say warm, but it`s certainly mild.

Grocery delivery today, some store cupboard ingredients mainly and large household items, butcher delivery coming too and no txt to say the wine is being picked up yet. So, we`ll have a day in and do some more cleaning as there`s still some dust around and just a general catch up on little jobs that need to be done.

Chicken in pepper sauce for dinner tonight, griddled large mushrooms and Tom wants chips (fries) but I`ll do parmentier potatoes for me, he`ll probably just say he`ll have them too when I start making dinner.

Will also do some baking as I`m in today, and maybe not much else after the cleaning is done.

First croissants and tea, will think about Thirsty Thursday later tonight......

i-hCDmjk3-M.gif

cv89-M.jpg

Happy Thursday 🥂

Yep, what a day makes in the weather department. Clear skies. The sun has returned. Well, sunrise still an hour and half away. But nice to see a very dark sky with stars, not clouds. Cool, as barely getting over 60 degrees the high. And may be a bad hair day. Saying 18 mph gusts. But hey, rocking those shades in bright sun, for my lunchtime walk? Yep!

And time to refill that tea mug again. So a thirsty Thursday for me.

Hope all have a terrific Thirsty Thursday, and yay for Keisha posting staying alive. Hehe saw a sign that said if zombies were chasing us, I’d trip you. Ha, if ever? Eh, only zombies I ever want to see are fake ones. LoL to a sign like that.

Yeah, early risers couple. Glad DH has the same schedule as me, Though when the kids were young, he was the morning detail. Ah, cannot wait for that Friday feeling. Starting next week, decided to have a three day weekend for over a month. Yep, lazy Fridays loading to start next week. And thanks to a holiday one next month being in there too, to keep that lazy Friday being off going even longer. As if the holiday coming up is not already fully decorating the stores. No, not our Thanksgiving one. :laughing:

Morning all. ::yes::

Up early to book my May Southwest flights. Prices went up, no surprise there, but paid with points anyway. Glad nonstops were available. Have a great day everyone!

Glad you got flights sorted Aurora.....nice you could use points!! And non stop, excellent....hope you have a great day too....:)

Weird day today with the weather, warm but dark and cloudy. Supposed to be raining this morning, but never appeared I`m glad to say, but it`s looked like it all day.

Got the house cleaned again, did all the bathrooms and all the floors, even did some of the inside windows. There`s too many to do on the one day, but the window cleaner was here this week, so it shows up any little mark on the inside. And even managed some TR which I didn`t expect to be able to do.

Didn`t get any baking done though, I run out of time.

Pepper sauce is made, chicken has been in the slow cooker all day and last minute mushrooms will be griddled, some carrots in the slow cooker too. Then a lazy night ahead for us with some phone calls to make.

Booked our meals out for Christmas Eve and Boxing Night in Scotland, will be at my sister`s on Christmas Day, all booked into our favourite hotel for that stay.

Pot of tea time......

It's Thirsty Thursday - with me drinking my tea :surfweb: lol

We have another chinook coming in. Which is great with the warmer winds...but boy it is WINDY!!!!!! Not my idea of a nice day...but...it's keeping that s-word away - until at least next week it will be coming :sad: Oh well, that's what I get for living in Santa Land!

Worked my shift last night - that will be the last one until later next week. So I finally have a little breather to catch up on a few things. I need to do my floors tonight and wash some laundry before we head to the city tomorrow to help the kids. Not much resting for me! But the kids have the movers moving the heavy stuff today. So we will be left with the boxes. So I'll help set up the house with dd or take our grandaughter out so dd can get some things done on her own. Whatever they need us for...we are there!

It's great you were able to get it done!!!! It will be great when you can eat all the things you want again!
Ah, cannot wait for that Friday feeling. Starting next week, decided to have a three day weekend for over a month. Yep, lazy Fridays loading to start next week. And thanks to a holiday one next month being in there too, to keep that lazy Friday being off going even longer. As if the holiday coming up is not already fully decorating the stores. No, not our Thanksgiving one. :laughing:
That is awesome!!!! Enjoy those three day weekends!!!!
Up early to book my May Southwest flights. Prices went up, no surprise there, but paid with points anyway. Glad nonstops were available. Have a great day everyone!
Yay for getting the flights booked - especially the direct flights
Got the house cleaned again, did all the bathrooms and all the floors, even did some of the inside windows. There`s too many to do on the one day, but the window cleaner was here this week, so it shows up any little mark on the inside. And even managed some TR which I didn`t expect to be able to do.

Didn`t get any baking done though, I run out of time.

Pepper sauce is made, chicken has been in the slow cooker all day and last minute mushrooms will be griddled, some carrots in the slow cooker too.
It feels good to get that cleaning done - especially the windows!

Your chicken sounds very yummy!!!!!! With all the cooking I do, I have trouble using my slow cooker of all things!!!! What is supposed to be the easiest - turns alllllllllllllll my meat into shoe leather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's discouraging. I do take any slow cooker recipe and use it in the instant pot...and I have a perfect meal. Like seriously - how does that happen :scared: It drives me nuts!!!!!

Alright...I should probably start shuffling some of these papers. Gotta love being the "paper wench"...and I say that with pride!!!!!! When you work with all men and live with all men - you tend to be a little " rough around the edges" :rolleyes1 at times lol.

Have a great day everyone!!!!!

It's Thirsty Thursday - with me drinking my tea :surfweb: lol

We have another chinook coming in. Which is great with the warmer winds...but boy it is WINDY!!!!!! Not my idea of a nice day...but...it's keeping that s-word away - until at least next week it will be coming :sad: Oh well, that's what I get for living in Santa Land!

Worked my shift last night - that will be the last one until later next week. So I finally have a little breather to catch up on a few things. I need to do my floors tonight and wash some laundry before we head to the city tomorrow to help the kids. Not much resting for me! But the kids have the movers moving the heavy stuff today. So we will be left with the boxes. So I'll help set up the house with dd or take our grandaughter out so dd can get some things done on her own. Whatever they need us for...we are there!

It's great you were able to get it done!!!! It will be great when you can eat all the things you want again!

That is awesome!!!! Enjoy those three day weekends!!!!

Yay for getting the flights booked - especially the direct flights

It feels good to get that cleaning done - especially the windows!

Your chicken sounds very yummy!!!!!! With all the cooking I do, I have trouble using my slow cooker of all things!!!! What is supposed to be the easiest - turns alllllllllllllll my meat into shoe leather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's discouraging. I do take any slow cooker recipe and use it in the instant pot...and I have a perfect meal. Like seriously - how does that happen :scared: It drives me nuts!!!!!

Alright...I should probably start shuffling some of these papers. Gotta love being the "paper wench"...and I say that with pride!!!!!! When you work with all men and live with all men - you tend to be a little " rough around the edges" :rolleyes1 at times lol.

Have a great day everyone!!!!!

Really?? I find the slow cooker cooks meat of any kind till it`s melting....never have I had anything turn out tough. I wonder why you`ve found that.....I`m curious what you`re doing for that to happen.....lol......

Sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead, your daughter will be so glad of your help whatever it may be.

Dinner was gorgeous....chicken soft and full of flavour, home made pepper sauce, carrots and mushrooms.....chicken breasts were bigger than I realised so we`re full to bursting. Won`t eat anything else tonight.

Starting our new book tonight, not sure what I think of it yet, will give it a chance though.

Our clocks go back in the UK this weekend, I like gaining an hour!!

The dental surgery I had yesterday went fine!
All went smooth.
I had sedation and out for one hour and felt decent rest of that day.

so today stopped by my dentist office to get an appointment to start the next procedure and have the molar crowned.

The first available opening for the new crown work is February 2023
My dentist is completely booked up until then
I am stunned …. 4 months to wait?

I did ask to be on the list that I am available anytime if spur of the moment an opening would pop up.
It’s always a possibility.

I am tired of soup, applesauce, and all soft foods
No way I want to wait for the crowns to be done.

There are great dentists in my area and there are some duds so I will tough it out and hope my dentist has some cancellations I can snag any time this year

Our weather is still warm for the daytime and rain is gone out of my area.
Yes, Mr Mac still has the ac set up but it’s not running much at all today.

I have an electric blanket on my bed which I turn on each night so I can sleep well.

(He is good for his bed with a sheet and soft blanket and I have my electric blanket on at level 8.)

This month has gone by quickly for me.
Had to believe it will soon be November.

The year has gone fast for me.

Hope all are doing good !

All went smooth.

so today stopped by my dentist office to get an appointment to start the next procedure and have the molar crowned.

The first available opening for the new crown work is February 2023
My dentist is completely booked up until then
I am stunned …. 4 months to wait?

I did ask to be on the list that I am available anytime if spur of the moment an opening would pop up.
It’s always a possibility.

I am tired of soup, applesauce, and all soft foods
No way I want to wait for the crowns to be done.

There are great dentists in my area and there are some duds so I will tough it out and hope my dentist has some cancellations I can snag any time this year

Our weather is still warm for the daytime and rain is gone out of my area.
Yes, Mr Mac still has the ac set up but it’s not running much at all today.

I have an electric blanket on my bed which I turn on each night so I can sleep well.

(He is good for his bed with a sheet and soft blanket and I have my electric blanket on at level 8.)

This month has gone by quickly for me.
Had to believe it will soon be November.

The year has gone fast for me.

Hope all are doing good !

It does seem like a long wait mac, hopefully you`ll get a cancellation and can get sorted a little earlier. I think it`s the same over here, I had to cancel my check up due to being delayed by Hurricane Ian, expected it to be next year but got an appointment the week after next which wasn`t so bad.

But, I agree, the year has flown past so quickly! It`s November on Tuesday!!

Breezy this morning but supposed to get rain later although it`s still unbelievably mild for the time of year.

Going to have my once or twice a year egg this morning, farmer dropped a fresh batch off last night, so doing Eggs Benedict this morning for us before we head out to look for some new light fittings for all newly decorated areas. And feels like I`m going back to the 1970`s, but they are threatening power cuts in the New Year, probably won`t happen, but going to stock up on regular candles just in case. Although Tom says I have a million Yankee Candles that would light us up for a year.....lol.....maybe not.

And I have some ideas for Christmas presents, so might pick something up today, I did make a start in Florida though.

Haven`t thought about lunch or dinner yet, will see when I get back today and what we fancy later, might have pizza......will keep breadmaking till tomorrow, my rosemary in the garden never really stops growing so we have it in abundance, glad we both like rosemary in dishes.

i-ZNv3sQz-S.jpg

cv96-S.jpg

😁

Have a wonderful Friday 🍹

C737E394-551C-43B9-9E74-181B8F58C0F9.gif

Yay! It’s finally a Friday. And the last one in October. Yay, time is flying by.

Ooh time change this weekend for Schumi. Yep, nice to get that hour back. Though I am hoping our government passes that we stay with daylight savings. I think I’d rather stay with standard, but not having to adjust time because of saving daylight when we had never done it before, would be fine with me. Our time change is next weekend.

Ack, Mac that is way too long to wait for finishing with your crown. Hopefully, get another cancellation you can fill in for, in the next week or two. Sending good thoughts that happens.

Weather for us. Clear, but that high weather system is staying just far enough North, so the clouds will fill the air to make it a cool and overcast Friday. 43 degrees out now. But no rain in those clouds, they are just going to hang around. And a woot, as high weather system comes back around by tomorrow night, and a gloriously sunny Saturday will grace us. But jackets. Cool end to thiis week. And while saying some rain to fall on the trick or treaters, now saying rain may be delayed to make those tacos soggy instead.

But woot, even though high temps today and the weekend are hanging in the 50’s, I hope forecast is right, as 72 degrees predicted the high next Saturday. Hehe, even with 64 the high yesterday, little one was in shorts. Said not quite ready to put them away yet. Was like how nice is that to be warm enough for shorts at the end of October. Though may see her in pants today. I surely will be.

So a most Fabulous Friday to all. And a most perfect lazy wonderful weekend. Fall fun hopefully in there this weekend to all too. And hope Agavegirl is having a fabulous time with the HHN haunts this weekend.

Woot a Friday. :dancer:

Good Friday morning everyone :wave:

It is 4 days until Halloween.
CCC0A4AC-941A-4EF1-B527-0715051003B9.gif

Glad to hear your dad improved and is doing much better, such a worry for you, happy you were able to chat to him, hearing from them eases our worries at times.

Sounds like you have everything in hand for your party, I agree, the more the merrier at parties.

Glad your grandsons team won, but agree, it’s a hard watch.

Yes, hope the SA are ok. That’s the zone I was quite scared in as it was just completely engulfed with people, I lost Tom and couldn’t move at one point. In all my years of visiting for HHN I’ve never experienced that before.

Have a lovely week……

What a lazy day again……..ended up not BBQing as the rain started and forgot to stop till about an hour ago. Torrential at times and we had some lightning out to sea, quite spectacular.

So, griddled the food I had brought out inside and had a kind of picnic dinner tonight just the two of us. Little bits and pieces, made some potato salad and a mixed salad.

Watching the Austin F1 GP right now, then I think it’ll be an early night.

Yearly eye check up tomorrow and some shopping to get from several places, some a bit of a drive. But, we have all day to do it.

Going to make us a hot chocolate before bed tonight…….hope we have marshmallows…….:)
Thanks Carole. Hope all is well with everyone in your family.

Dad and half sister are still coming for a visit.

Grandson has a game at Western Kentucky tomorrow.

Sounds like a nice grilled dinner.

Robo, good to hear dad is okay. Worrying at his age when sick. Great for grandson’s team to win. Nice to go out with family for good pizza. I wish we had a very good pizza place near us. We generally have decent ones. But lately, none are what we like.
We have a few nice pizza places around here to choose from. Hubby likes the thin crust at the place we ate at last Saturday.

Got a clean bill of health with the eye test.....never enjoy the air blowing into your eyes......but, has to be done.

That test is like Dr Dooms. You know it is going to happen you just don’t know when. I’am not a fan, but know it is necessary.

I started back working at Homesense ( Homegoods as you US peeps know it ) again and getting back into the swing of working the extra shifts has thrown me a little bit. But after tonight, I should be able to get a better handle on things again.
Homegoods is one of my favorite stores for decorations.

robbie - oh, lots to consider re the back injections. I’ve heard the same advice several times. Traction and PT has fixed me up each go-round well enough, knock on wood. Hope you can slip thru with lesser intervention And soon be back in fine form

Back is still tender, but doing well thank you. Seems like everyone who has back issues has treatments that work well for them when
they have a flare up. Glad to hear you have a combo that works for you.

Quick hello. Classes started again yesterday, so I will be AWOL at least until i figure out how bad the course load is. One of my classes requires 7 essays and a research paper :crazy2:

Hang in there Charade. It will be over before you know it and you will be glad you did it.

Health problems have got me back on Keto/Pioppi way of eating. Not easy doing different meals when we’re all together but I’m on a roll to try and take my part in keeping healthy. So all meals planned and prepped for us two over the next 5 days. Caravan fridge and freezer loaded u
Hope you start to feel better soon.

I am over the moon with the new flooring and the stairs look wonderful with a dark grey carpet all the way up on the landings too....looks beautiful. And other rooms done look just as good too. I was worried the comfy chairs in the hall would look odd as they are quite light, but works lovely. Tom`s relieved we`re not changing them!
Great to hear your flooring worked out well.

Littlest grand baby is a boy. Such a cutie. This is the one we never thought would happen as my son and DIL had been together 17 years before he came along. They are wonderful parents. The two we live with absolutely love it when he comes to stay - he thinks they are hilarious!
What a cute little fellow.

Mac hope all your dental work gets done for you soon.

So nice of you and your hubby to help your kids move into their house.

Going to have my once or twice a year egg this morning, farmer dropped a fresh batch off last night, so doing Eggs Benedict

That’s my favorite breakfast. Don’t have it very often, but it is delicious.

Lynne hope your tea is hot and delicious this morning.

And I have some ideas for Christmas presents, so might pick something up today, I did make a start in Florida though.

I started shopping presents back in July when I was in Orlando. It is always nice to find some nice pieces on vacation.

Macy’s has been having very nice sales on women’s fragrances, men’s cologne, jewelry, makeups etc. The sales lady said they are already doing Christmas sales early. So I have picked up a few things from them too.

Bad thing is found a purse I thought I needed at the Mall.

I have already wrapped some gifts for Christmas.

Not much going on here. Just having my morning coffee. Looking out the window.

The weather here has been so nice. So trying to get out and enjoy it.

I will get out tomorrow and pick up few more things needed for Halloween party. I ordered all the baked goods from two places.

My daughter in law asked me if I was going to make my creepy finger cookies. I will see if I can find the other two ingredients when I go out tomorrow.

I saw these little cherry Halloween pies online
E0C07760-5629-4CC4-93E8-79A00D8B6081.jpeg

People are so clever with the food ideas they come up with.

Lazy day today.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone.

Good Friday morning everyone :wave:

It is 4 days until Halloween.
View attachment 714376

Thanks Carole. Hope all is well with everyone in your family.

Dad and half sister are still coming for a visit.

Grandson has a game at Western Kentucky tomorrow.

Sounds like a nice grilled dinner.

We have a few nice pizza places around here to choose from. Hubby likes the thin crust at the place we ate at last Saturday.

Got a clean bill of health with the eye test.....never enjoy the air blowing into your eyes......but, has to be done.

That test is like Dr Dooms. You know it is going to happen you just don’t know when. I’am not a fan, but know it is necessary.

Back is still tender, but doing well thank you. Seems like everyone who has back issues has treatments that work well for them when
they have a flare up. Glad to hear you have a combo that works for you.

Hang in there Charade. It will be over before you know it and you will be glad you did it.

Hope you start to feel better soon.

Great to hear your flooring worked out well.

What a cute little fellow.

Mac hope all your dental work gets done for you soon.

So nice of you and your hubby to help your kids move into their house.

Going to have my once or twice a year egg this morning, farmer dropped a fresh batch off last night, so doing Eggs Benedict

That’s my favorite breakfast. Don’t have it very often, but it is delicious.

Lynne hope your tea is hot and delicious this morning.

I started shopping presents back in July when I was in Orlando. It is always nice to find some nice pieces on vacation.

Macy’s has been having very nice sales on women’s fragrances, men’s cologne, jewelry, makeups etc. The sales lady said they are already doing Christmas sales early. So I have picked up a few things from them too.

Not much going on here. Just having my morning coffee. Looking out the window.

The weather here has been so nice. So trying to get out and enjoy it.

I will get out tomorrow and pick up few more things needed for Halloween party. I ordered all the baked goods from two places.

My daughter in law asked me if I was going to make my creepy finger cookies. I will see if I can find the other two ingredients when I go out tomorrow.

I saw these little cherry Halloween pies online
View attachment 714381

People are so clever with the food ideas they come up with.

Lazy day today.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone.

Love the look of the cherry pies Robbie......anything cherry I`m there!! Yes, there are some very clever folks about.

Yes, we`re all doing good thanks.....hope your back is doing much better too!

It`s nice to be a little organised for Christmas, I have wrapped a couple, and found five gifts I forgot I bought......lol....I think I hid them a little too well!! And it`s nice to be able to get out when the weather is nice.

Hope you weekend goes well and you get all you need for your party.

Man we had a lot of rain this morning....looked like a real winters day, this afternoon is like a summers day. Too breezy to sit outside but we stayed in the kitchen with the doors wide open and it was very pleasant.

I did get new lighting fixtures, but I think the one for the downstairs hall is too small and looks lost, really thought it would be large enough. Other ones just don`t look right, so will take them back on Monday and try to find something else.

And ordered a couple of items for Etsy......never really looked there before but they have some wonderful things. I seem to have found a new hobby!!!!

Got some lamb mince so plan on making kofta kebabs tonight with spicy couscous again and a little salad. I have all the spices to mix with the lamb so it`ll be lovely.

And a nice red wine to go with it 🍷

It's Fun Day Friday :flower1: Yahoooooooo!!!

It's been a week! Thank goodness for a half day today. Dh and I are meeting his brother who came into town for the weekend for lunch before we head to the city. It's too bad they picked this weekend to visit :sad1: We won't get much time with them over the winter months. It's harder for them to visit in the winter. Weather plays such a huge part of that!
But at least we get to spend a little bit of time and get in a good chin waggle.

I have the dogs all packed up and ready to go. We will miss dumb and dumber! They have been good company for us - and dh is sad that they are going home. I am past the point of wanting a full-time pet again. We want and do too much travelling now to have one without having to worry about making arrangements for a dog while we are gone. And in all honesty, I don't think I could make that decision again to old age hits. My heart shattered into pieces when I had to make that decision. I can't do it again. But they will be welcome to come visit again anytime.

I am ready to hit the road and see my sweet pea!!!! I didn't get to see her much the other weekend when I was helping to paint. So this weekend will be full of hugs, and time spent together!

Really?? I find the slow cooker cooks meat of any kind till it`s melting....never have I had anything turn out tough. I wonder why you`ve found that.....I`m curious what you`re doing for that to happen.....lol.....
I have bought 3 different ones. I use the low or warm setting...and it is still too hot. I don't know, it just doesn't work for me. I have basically given up on using one. I do pull it out once in awhile. I made chili in it on the weekend - which turned out great. But to put a roast or chicken in it...it comes out dry dry dry!
All went smooth.
It's great to hear it went smoothly and you are recovering! I hope you are able it completed before the 4 month time-frame. Guess that means , it is a great dental practice!
Yes, I come home covered in glitter these days. But I do love moving and creating displays with all the pretty things ;)

A woman can never have too many purses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have barely even started shopping yet :sad2:
And ordered a couple of items for Etsy......never really looked there before but they have some wonderful things. I seem to have found a new hobby!!!!
I love Etsy!!!! It's amazing what you can find on there. I recently bought a gag gift for my BIL's girlfriend. I found some crocheted slippers that have male anatomy crocheted onto the top :blush: I little vulgar - maybe, but they will sure get a belly laugh!!!!

Well, I should get started and shuffle these papers so I can get out of here before lunch

Have a great day everyone!!!!

It's Fun Day Friday :flower1: Yahoooooooo!!!

It's been a week! Thank goodness for a half day today. Dh and I are meeting his brother who came into town for the weekend for lunch before we head to the city. It's too bad they picked this weekend to visit :sad1: We won't get much time with them over the winter months. It's harder for them to visit in the winter. Weather plays such a huge part of that!
But at least we get to spend a little bit of time and get in a good chin waggle.

I have the dogs all packed up and ready to go. We will miss dumb and dumber! They have been good company for us - and dh is sad that they are going home. I am past the point of wanting a full-time pet again. We want and do too much travelling now to have one without having to worry about making arrangements for a dog while we are gone. And in all honesty, I don't think I could make that decision again to old age hits. My heart shattered into pieces when I had to make that decision. I can't do it again. But they will be welcome to come visit again anytime.

I am ready to hit the road and see my sweet pea!!!! I didn't get to see her much the other weekend when I was helping to paint. So this weekend will be full of hugs, and time spent together!

I have bought 3 different ones. I use the low or warm setting...and it is still too hot. I don't know, it just doesn't work for me. I have basically given up on using one. I do pull it out once in awhile. I made chili in it on the weekend - which turned out great. But to put a roast or chicken in it...it comes out dry dry dry!

It's great to hear it went smoothly and you are recovering! I hope you are able it completed before the 4 month time-frame. Guess that means , it is a great dental practice!

Yes, I come home covered in glitter these days. But I do love moving and creating displays with all the pretty things ;)

A woman can never have too many purses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have barely even started shopping yet :sad2:

I love Etsy!!!! It's amazing what you can find on there. I recently bought a gag gift for my BIL's girlfriend. I found some crocheted slippers that have male anatomy crocheted onto the top :blush: I little vulgar - maybe, but they will sure get a belly laugh!!!!

Well, I should get started and shuffle these papers so I can get out of here before lunch

Have a great day everyone!!!!

lol…..I don‘t know what to say with the slow cookers…..funnily enough I never do a joint of beef in the slow cookers, I prefer them done in the Aga or regular oven. But all other meats I vary how I cook them…..depends on the meal on the day I suppose.

I think I’m going to be Etsy’s newest fan! My goodness you’re spoiled for choice and some beautiful things. Oh I love gag gifts…..we do all sorts for each other among friends…..love the weird things you can buy booby or naughty shaped……ice cube trays, baking trays……you can imagine…….lol……all in good clean fun!

Have a lovely weekend with your little grand……and yes, lots of hugs are in order.

Kebabs were a big success. Moulded the meat on metal skewers and griddled, nice sides too.

Still milder than ever here, but not a complaint…..we’re enjoying it as it will change.

Thinking of doing a Potter marathon this weekend in honour of Robbie Coltrane….would be fun.

I love crisps…..or potato chips, but one of our stores has brought out a Christmas pudding flavour bag. Of course I had to try them…..Tom hates them, I find them weirdly nice for some reason, and I shouldn’t!! Wouldn‘t buy them again though……..

Always love a Friday night…….

Pumpkin I wish that was the case but it is not.
The dentist is fully booked up for the straight 4 months out.
It was planned to have the crown done anytime the root canal was done.
So until the next step is done, a continuing soft diet for food.

My dentist office only is open 4 days each week but he only works 3.5 days.

He is a keeper and well worth the wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter