Something About Nothing............ #14

Well, we did make the Fisherman`s Choir after all....it was a cold stand as they were singing outisde in the Church grounds for some unknown reason.....thank goodness for warm coat, gloves, hat and scarf. It was lovely though and we were glad we made it, it was busy though.

Came straight back home, made a pot of tea and finished some TR, now thinking of making some lunch.......will be a light lunch of smoked salmon and some shrimp.....won`t bother with bread or anything too filling.

Lazy afternoon ahead.......

Good Saturday morning everyone.

It is 7 days 15 hours and 34 minutes until Christmas.

0DDAB17E-9721-4F3F-8A3A-6662E591AED7.gif

B22A12FB-63FF-4BD3-8E56-9357CF54DFB8.gif

Santa knows Harry’s pet Snowy Owl Hedwig.
789EFF8C-D83B-492C-9D56-D5F720D32C08.gif

1F841B62-E883-4725-B918-5A3E4B4AEFB1.gif

Well baking and making we were. Round 2 is next weekend. Did 4 types of cookies, delicious peanut butter fudge we made from a new recipe we found ( a keeper), and so many milk chocolate dipped pretzel sticks with some that had been rolled in three different types sprinkles, some with chopped peanuts, and some with crushed peppermints, with store looking chocolate pieces from a mold we had.
Sounds like a successful baking event.

new park bag This trip. Posting for our comrade who loves purple
Nice park bag. My niece loves NightMare Before Christmas. I have to admit it does kinda of grow on one. I remember she wanted me to watch the movie with her when she was 10 it is really cute and a Disney classic.

Enjoy your vacation. Thank you for sharing pictures.

Dinner pkg at LE cellier was an excellent splurge. Couldn’t finish my filet. The merry elf did it justice
Food looks yummy.

Thank you again to the special San ladies for your lovely comments recently, mac, Janet, Maria Ruth and Robbie......always appreciate your kind words. Lindsey`s funeral is today, certainly sending all her family and friends prayers today to get through that, I have no idea how they will. It`s been a tough week since we heard the news. Thank you.
You are welcome. What a terrible sad thing to happen to such a beautiful young lady. I can’t imagine the pain and loss her family and her friends who loved her sweet spirit so much are feeling. Continued prayers for everyone.

Your friend getting you our for a walk on the beach was a good idea. Just getting outside and communing with God and nature are a wonderful balm for the soul.

The sausage rolls I baked last night were lovely. They don`t look particularly appealing I guess, but tasty. So easy to make and this was one batch, we freeze some and use them at get togethers where there are a lot of us and we`re doing a buffet. Our Boxing Day gathering we usually make about 200 of these. Some have cranberry sauce through the sausagemeat along with leeks, ground black peppercorns, garlic and onion seasoning. They are lush. We had 5 each for lunch and they are very filling.
Those sausage rolls look amazing.

So I FINALLY landed a job with our health authority!!! I am super excited, as this was part of my plan. It is only part-time, but it is my foot in the door.
Congratulations on the job.

These past 8 weeks seemed to take forever. Spring semester doesn't start until January 16. I am going to enjoy the break. B is waiting for one of her professors to finish grading and then post the final grade. I just ordered her books for next semester. I can't believe we are almost done.
Congratulations on getting the semester over with. Sounds like you did great on your grades.

Don`t laugh......a rough equivalent, we are paying $8.75/$9 a gallon for fuel..
I guess I will not complain at all over the $2.64 I paid at the pump yesterday. That is a lot for a gallon of gas. Unbelievable.

Shopping went good last night. Once more gift to buy, then we will be done. Stocking stuffers are done. I will be wrapping tonight. I already told ds's they are banished to their rooms for the evening. Not that it is different than any other night, but there is no wandering into the kitchen for a night snack. I know what we want to buy for the last gift, so it is a quick visit to a store downtown. I think I will call ahead and check if they have what I am looking for, just to save a trip incase they do not have it.
Always nice to have a successful shopping trip.

Today I am 55.
Happy belated birthday.

3ACF158B-8313-4BEF-AA04-EA749877D46A.gif

Ho Ho Ho.......just over a week till Christmas Day and it feels like it. Lots of activities in our village this coming week and saw our lights on the other night around the village, all the shops have really done us proud this year again and our tree looks fabulous. We have two churches and one has a beautiful star in the steeple and we can see it from up here at night, lovely.

Your village sounds beautiful with all the Christmas decorations.

RFF the boot doggy picture is awesome. Whoever thought that up is pretty swift.

Lots of things going on here. A sad week to say the least. Family came in from out of town.

I did get out and pick up a couple things for Hubby yesterday for Christmas. Just need to wrap those things today.

Big Christmas Eve celebration will be here before you know it. I buy a particular type of ham and the local grocer finally got them in so I went by there yesterday and picked that up plus some other things I felt might be hard to find next week.

A week from today the house will be filled with cheer and lots of family love. That is well needed after the week we just had. It is always so good to have the little ones in the house excited for gift opening.

The country Christmas breakfast meal went over so big last Christmas Eve that I’am doing it again this year. Our son-in-law who is not a big eater had 3 brimming plates last year. So I will use that as a good sign. Everyone else enjoyed it too.

Granddaughter and her hubby were over the other night and made a special request for the cinnamon rolls I made last year. So I will make those too. I made plenty of them and I sent some to his families Christmas celebration and his family liked them too. So I will make extra to send with them again this year.

Carole I would love to have your sausage roll recipe to try and make if you would like to share it. The rolls look so good.

I have been on the fence about cookie making this year. In years past my sister K and I would have a cookie making marathon. I will figure it out.

Sending Christmas cheer to everyone.

Have a wonderful day doing whatever it is that makes you happy.

This is roughly our list....all of these are our favourites and yes, every year we watch them. Not sure if we have a favourite of the comedies as they are all classics.

Trading Places
Love Actually
Christmas Chronicles 1&2
Muppet Christmas Carol
Scrooged
Home Alone 1&2
Christmas Vacation
The Grinch (Jim Carrey)
A Christmas Carol (1938)
A Christmas Carol (1984)
Die Hard 1&2
The Ghost Breakers and The Cat and the Canary....both Bob hope classics and a Sunday afternoon double.
Harry Potter and the Philosopher`s Stone.
Bridget Jones Diary if we have time.
Wizard of Oz

Scrooge with Alastair Sim and White Christmas are always our last two movies, usually Christmas Eve unless we go to Scotland, then it`s the day before we leave.

The 1951 Alastair Sim version is the quintessential Christmas Carol version for us, a complete classic and very like the way he is represented in the book, our absolute favourite. He is Ebenezer Scrooge. I have many copies of the book too as it`s my favourite Dickens book out of all of them. I read it every December, a different one every year. This year I`m reading one I bought in the New York Public Library, it`s almost a miniature one, but so cute.

We`re odd, neither of us like It`s a Wonderful Life and Miracle on 34th St, the original one is my go to movie if I want to snooze......lol......

Being healthy isn`t easy, especially this time of year. You`ll do fine......that`s our problem too, we like food and drink, but good food and decent drinks, and we seem to be very good to ourselves!!

Thank you, we will....have a lovely Friday night too......

Stuff him pumpkin....you`ll soon be off and yes, that is a win for you!! You deserve it, good things come to those who wait.

Indoor Golf simulations???? Er no, I`d rather be at home too.....enjoy whatever you do. I don`t miss going to corporate events or parties with folks I didn`t know, and usually it was no alcohol due to where the business was based, so not much fun if our usual gang weren`t over with us. Yes, meals out just spending time with friends is always priceless.

I love sparkles.....I have a sparkly red blouse and a purple kind of sparkly dress to choose from. I`ll see what I feel like and see what the other ladies are wearing, no snow forecast so I might get away with the dress and shoes......I don`t get my hair done till Tuesday, but will do my best with what I have right now!! Might put it up as it is quite long now, even with a mid colour cut several weeks ago.

Have a great night.

I had to laugh at your comment about Its a Wonderful Life. Confession: it's really not my favorite and I tend to fall asleep watching it too, but Roger loves it so we watch it. I guess it's a tradition now. However, Miracle on 34th street is a favorite that I've been watching since I was a kid, many, many years ago:)

I have never heard of some of the movies on your list, such as: The Christmas Cronicles, The Ghost Breakers, and the Cat and the Canary, I thought I knew every Bob Hope movie!

Yes, Harry Potter is a must with their Christmasy scenes. I love the series too.

I don't think there is any comparison for Alistair Sim asScrooge! I agree that it is the best Christmas Carol around.

Starting a diet sucks, there is no other word for it! I have always had a weight problem. However, since the Covid with complications last year, I lost a lot of weight. It is definitely Not the way to do it. If it wasn't for that I'd still be battling the weight. I am trying real hard not to gain it back, but it is difficult! There are so many delicious treats at Christmas and I have got to try them all:)

ruth

Good Saturday morning everyone.

It is 7 days 15 hours and 34 minutes until Christmas.

View attachment 725833

View attachment 725834

Santa knows Harry’s pet Snowy Owl Hedwig.
View attachment 725835

View attachment 725836

Sounds like a successful baking event.

Nice park bag. My niece loves NightMare Before Christmas. I have to admit it does kinda of grow on one. I remember she wanted me to watch the movie with her when she was 10 it is really cute and a Disney classic.

Enjoy your vacation. Thank you for sharing pictures.

Food looks yummy.

You are welcome. What a terrible sad thing to happen to such a beautiful young lady. I can’t imagine the pain and loss her family and her friends who loved her sweet spirit so much are feeling. Continued prayers for everyone.

Your friend getting you our for a walk on the beach was a good idea. Just getting outside and communing with God and nature are a wonderful balm for the soul.

Those sausage rolls look amazing.

Congratulations on the job.

Congratulations on getting the semester over with. Sounds like you did great on your grades.

I guess I will not complain at all over the $2.64 I paid at the pump yesterday. That is a lot for a gallon of gas. Unbelievable.

Always nice to have a successful shopping trip.

Happy belated birthday.

View attachment 725848

Your village sounds beautiful with all the Christmas decorations.

RFF the boot doggy picture is awesome. Whoever thought that up is pretty swift.

Lots of things going on here. A sad week to say the least. Family came in from out of town.

I did get out and pick up a couple things for Hubby yesterday for Christmas. Just need to wrap those things today.

Big Christmas Eve celebration will be here before you know it. I buy a particular type of ham and the local grocer finally got them in so I went by there yesterday and picked that up plus some other things I felt might be hard to find next week.

A week from today the house will be filled with cheer and lots of family love. That is well needed after the week we just had. It is always so good to have the little ones in the house excited for gift opening.

The country Christmas breakfast meal went over so big last Christmas Eve that I’am doing it again this year. Our son-in-law who is not a big eater had 3 brimming plates last year. So I will use that as a good sign. Everyone else enjoyed it too.

Granddaughter and her hubby were over the other night and made a special request for the cinnamon rolls I made last year. So I will make those too. I made plenty of them and I sent some to his families Christmas celebration and his family liked them too. So I will make extra to send with them again this year.

Carole I would love to have your sausage roll recipe to try and make if you would like to share it. The rolls look so good.

I have been on the fence about cookie making this year. In years past my sister K and I would have a cookie making marathon. I will figure it out.

Sending Christmas cheer to everyone.

Have a wonderful day doing whatever it is that makes you happy.

I`ll pop the recipe in an email :thumbsup2

Thank you....yes a walk is certainly good for the soul, I was glad she hijacked me.

Yes, we`re very lucky with our village, they do Christmas well, although the village pub we all went to last night, we all said they have the best lights around especially as it`s such a small place.

I`m not much for a big breakfast, but that does sound good what you`re serving again, I imagine it`ll be incredibly popular.

Have a great weekend.

I had to laugh at your comment about Its a Wonderful Life. Confession: it's really not my favorite and I tend to fall asleep watching it too, but Roger loves it so we watch it. I guess it's a tradition now. However, Miracle on 34th street is a favorite that I've been watching since I was a kid, many, many years ago:)

I have never heard of some of the movies on your list, such as: The Christmas Cronicles, The Ghost Breakers, and the Cat and the Canary, I thought I knew every Bob Hope movie!

Yes, Harry Potter is a must with their Christmasy scenes. I love the series too.

I don't think there is any comparison for Alistair Sim asScrooge! I agree that it is the best Christmas Carol around.

Starting a diet sucks, there is no other word for it! I have always had a weight problem. However, since the Covid with complications last year, I lost a lot of weight. It is definitely Not the way to do it. If it wasn't for that I'd still be battling the weight. I am trying real hard not to gain it back, but it is difficult! There are so many delicious treats at Christmas and I have got to try them all:)

ruth

Yes, we both fell asleep during A Wonderful Life......lol......

The Ghost Breakers is one you have to find and watch, It`s Bob Hope at his best, lots of ad libs which are him at his best. Not a Christmas movie in any way, but a good one on a dark cosy winters afternoon.

It`s impossible to diet in December....yes, too many goodies around to even consider it!! January will be here before we know it!!!

Another freezing morning, place is pure white outside with a heavy frost. Possibly more snow today then it should be gone.

So, one of my friends who was out with us last night decided to do a large brunch this morning, so I offered to bake croissants and some Danish Pastries.......me and my big mouth. My afternoon was completely taken up with that, not sure anyone has made croissants before but they are time consuming and don`t always turn out the best. Danish Pastries are the same but you have the added centre`s to fill. Ended up rushing around to get out last night, dropping off the pastries at hers before we left for the dinner. But, they looked great, made plain croissants and cream cheese Danish and some various fruit ones. They`ll go down well this morning.

Dinner was beautiful and so much fun, we all enjoyed what we had and everyone enjoyed the festivities. One of the veg offered was not for many of us though, there was red cabbage but it was very strongly scented with orange and cloves, not many liked that, but everything else was wonderful.

Very late night though with lots of champagne, but still up to get out for our friend`s brunch later. She and her family are Jewish so this isn`t a Christmas brunch, it`s just a get together with friends.

Then this afternoon, more baking as I`m doing a load of shortbread for Kyle`s office colleagues which will do them the next few days, then The Ghost Breakers and tonight The Grinch. Won`t need much for dinner as the brunch will suffice. Might make up some snacks for later if we need them and I kept back a couple of Danish Pastries.

A week till Christmas!!!!!

i-fcJxwH2-S.jpg

cv55-S.jpg

cv59-S.png

Happy Sunday 🎅

Sunday morning it is. I just can’t sleep late. Today, the packing and bagging up all that we made. By the time we were done last night, I decided a long hot bath was needed. Tired feet from being on them most of yesterday.

But as up early. Had bought some caramels. There is some chocolate left, so think I’m going to try to do a peanut turtle. Try to melt the caramels to pour over peanuts that will have placed in a chocolate that I had set, then set and more chocolate to cover the caramel. Wish me luck.

Yay, countdown is 7. Ah yes, a shorter week for me, then yay, over a week to be lazy, I’m so looking forward to relaxing over the holidays. Candle lighting tonight.

Most serene Sunday. I hope this post finds all having a healthy and happy day.

And yes, 29 degrees out right now.

I'm awake way too early today. Cat decided that he was starving at 5:30 this morning.
Yesterday was an uneventful day. I did laundry and a little house cleaning. I cleaned out my closet and now have 2 bags of stuff to donate and 1 bag for the garbage.
I am keeping a close watch on the weather since we are leaving town on Thursday. Right now it's showing potential snow on Friday. That's the day we had planned to go to Dollywood. Dh's original plans for going to Vegas don't seem so crazy now.

I am going to try to get back to sleep.

All are packed and ready to give. I did make those caramel chocolate with peanuts, and they looked and came out fabulous.

Now chilling and ready to get ready, trash to the curb and alarm set.

Yeah. Saying thunderstorms and rain Thursday and Friday for us, Charade.

I'm awake way too early today. Cat decided that he was starving at 5:30 this morning.
Yesterday was an uneventful day. I did laundry and a little house cleaning. I cleaned out my closet and now have 2 bags of stuff to donate and 1 bag for the garbage.
I am keeping a close watch on the weather since we are leaving town on Thursday. Right now it's showing potential snow on Friday. That's the day we had planned to go to Dollywood. Dh's original plans for going to Vegas don't seem so crazy now.

I am going to try to get back to sleep.

Vegas sounds good to me Charade……hope your weather stays decent for your travels in the week.

Brunch was excellent, we all had a lot of fun and ate a lot of food. One or two may have been a little hungover (not me :-) ) but it was so nice and a few folks I haven’t seen in a couple of months. No need for dinner tonight.

I bit into a muffin and someone had put nuts in them……bleurgh! But everything else was lovely, and all my croissants and pastries were all gone, success!

Baked a whole load of shortbread this afternoon, well, Petticoat Tails to give them their correct name……..this is the first batch with half in the tin, I have the other batches and another tin waiting to be filled……

They’re not as dark as they look in the front…….but they are soft to bite into, crumbly and very buttery! But, nothing nicer than to spend time doing some real baking, so tomorrow will do some cakes too I think.

They’ll go down well in the office.

A6C49CD2-39E2-4972-83BE-125517BF7E9C.jpeg

Watching The Ghost Breakers right now, just after 3.30 and it’s almost dark, but oh so cosy with all the tree lights, candles and lamps on. Love a cosy day.

And a very good Monday before Christmas morning.....

Our icy blast has gone, for now, it`s much milder although very windy, so we`re very glad the below freezing temps have gone because it would be so much worse with the wind we now have. 66F today.....not bad at all.

Up and out early this morning as we`re doing a little volunteering, after that a little shopping for a few stocking fillers I had forgotten about, then back home to do some baking and apparently some more wrapping as I did get a few parcels delivered yesterday I had almost forgotten about. This time of year we`re allowed to be a little forgetful ::yes::

Chicken breasts stuffed with brie and cranberry wrapped in proscuitto tonight, breasts are huge though, one between us might be enough, but will probably make two anyway. Might just do some veg and not bother with potato and do a little cranberry gravy. Lunch I have no idea yet, and breakfast is simple toast and marmalade for me.

And looking forward to my salon appointment tomorrow morning......3 and a half hours of being pampered and a good old chat to my stylist. My hair is so long right now!

Time for breakfast and a large pot of tea for us.

i-RCqRH7x-S.jpg

cv66-S.jpg

cv65-S.jpg

Happy Monday.......ho ho ho.......:santa:

Good Monday morning to you too Schumi. Sounds like a busier day for you, and nicer weather day as well. Yay for hair appointment. Mine is Wednesday late afternoon. Looking forward to some pampering.

Weather. Clear skies overnight? Yep. 26 degrees out. But woot, the sun stays sound shining in the clear skies for today and tomorrow. Glorious sunny day, but not out of the highs in the 30’s. Sigh. Then a Siberian blast of coldest air in some time, after giving us those 56 and 60 degree highs with rain to end the week days. So yay, that cold air waits until the rain ends. But ack, to a pair of 20’s, as 22 and 25 degrees the high for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Fitting? I guess so. But happy that blast of frigid weather does not include any wet. And glad at least back into the mid 30’s for next Monday and Tuesday. Ah any 10 day forecast that has no chances of snow? Happy tea drinking camper here. House is warm, and screen is on.

But as a Monday, up that so early hour. Should be hearing the trash trucks by around a little more than an hour from now. Cold trash, and hope that cool feeling wind did not blow any trash around. Still wind this morning, as said 17 mph wind, so making it feel even cooler than that 26 degrees my outdoor thermometer says.

Need to do a bank stop, and pick up later today. So, a busy enough day for me. Though have a pep in my step. As next week, long lazy starts the week day routine this week on Thursday.

Most Marvelous Monday homies. Time to light that second candle tonight, and start to wrap those presents. Or time to start shopping for gifts.

It's that back to work day today

The cold weather moved out of @schumigirl 's neighborhood and moved into ours. It is down right cold. It's that nasty cold that has you running from building to vehicle to building again. OH well, it's that time of year for the colder weather here. It is supposed to warm up for Christmas, but then dip down again for New Years. So we will see and hope that it doesn't dip too low.

Weekend was busy with working, then yesterday I spent most of the day in the kitchen. I got gingersnaps and chocolate chip cookies made, I also whipped up some butter tarts and the dough is made for out a family favorite of a cinnamon twist. They are labor intensive, but worth the labor. I will probably whip up some nuts and bolts - I think you may know them as bits and bites :scratchin a chereio, shreddies, peanut and pretzel combo with a savory/salty taste. I also put cheddar goldfish in mine. There is a revolt here as well as Bugels are no longer in Canada and people (me included) always put those in the nuts and bolts. People are really upset that they are mo longer here. I told dh we need to travel now in Nov so I can fill a suitacase with them to bring them back here and sell for a huge profit!

:wave:
New over here!
Welcome !!!!! :welcome:
so I offered to bake croissants and some Danish Pastries.......me and my big mouth. My afternoon was completely taken up with that, not sure anyone has made croissants before but they are time consuming and don`t always turn out the best. Danish Pastries are the same but you have the added centre`s to fill. Ended up rushing around to get out last night, dropping off the pastries at hers before we left for the dinner. But, they looked great, made plain croissants and cream cheese Danish and some various fruit ones. They`ll go down well this morning.
I want to try croissants. I had it on my to-do list of trying. I have found a few youtube videos explaining how to do it. It is one of the things I really want to try. After watching the videos, I think I could probably do it. I am worried as as butter here is NOT as it used to be. It is extremely hard to whip/cream when baking with it. I am thinking I may have to find one with a higher cream content in it. The manufacturers " say" they haven't changed anything to the processes or additives they are adding to it...but it SUCKS for baking with. So that is the one thing that has held me back from trying it. Not until I find a better brand of butter. There is a scottish one in the grocery store near our home. That might be the winner!

Well, I should get to shuffle a few more papers. I am trying to spread out the work that is left before our Xmas break happens.

Have a great day everyone!

Trash cans back to where they go, kids went shopping, saw stuff they got for them, and think they did good, dinner was eaten, all not hungry after chowing down, and now, evening tea done, so time to say good night to all. Not quite my bedtime yet, but took that very long shower, and in pajamas. Screen for fun viewing until ready for bed.

Yay for Pumpkin doing some cookie baking and like what you call your what I would call like a Chex mix. Cute to say they are nuts and bolts. And yum, to butter tarts.

Clear sky still, so now below freezing, with low of 25 degrees at the end of the overnight, as will be when I leave in the hours before dawn, to commute for the day tomorrow. Will pack my shades for lunchtime walk there. And will take the baking we did, in with me, to share with my coworkers.

Quick good evening. Nothing interesting going on here today. Work was slow. After work I got a haircut. That was probably the most exciting part of the day.
B is still waiting for her grade for one class to post. She's also a little sad because the boy she's had a crush on for the past few years got engaged on Saturday.
I am so ready for our vacation. Just 2 more work days to get through.

It's that back to work day today

The cold weather moved out of @schumigirl 's neighborhood and moved into ours. It is down right cold. It's that nasty cold that has you running from building to vehicle to building again. OH well, it's that time of year for the colder weather here. It is supposed to warm up for Christmas, but then dip down again for New Years. So we will see and hope that it doesn't dip too low.

Weekend was busy with working, then yesterday I spent most of the day in the kitchen. I got gingersnaps and chocolate chip cookies made, I also whipped up some butter tarts and the dough is made for out a family favorite of a cinnamon twist. They are labor intensive, but worth the labor. I will probably whip up some nuts and bolts - I think you may know them as bits and bites :scratchin a chereio, shreddies, peanut and pretzel combo with a savory/salty taste. I also put cheddar goldfish in mine. There is a revolt here as well as Bugels are no longer in Canada and people (me included) always put those in the nuts and bolts. People are really upset that they are mo longer here. I told dh we need to travel now in Nov so I can fill a suitacase with them to bring them back here and sell for a huge profit!

Welcome !!!!! :welcome:

I want to try croissants. I had it on my to-do list of trying. I have found a few youtube videos explaining how to do it. It is one of the things I really want to try. After watching the videos, I think I could probably do it. I am worried as as butter here is NOT as it used to be. It is extremely hard to whip/cream when baking with it. I am thinking I may have to find one with a higher cream content in it. The manufacturers " say" they haven't changed anything to the processes or additives they are adding to it...but it SUCKS for baking with. So that is the one thing that has held me back from trying it. Not until I find a better brand of butter. There is a scottish one in the grocery store near our home. That might be the winner!

Well, I should get to shuffle a few more papers. I am trying to spread out the work that is left before our Xmas break happens.

Have a great day everyone!

I`m sorry we sent you our cold blast! We won`t miss it.......lol......

Ah, a fellow baker who understands ingredients!! Croissants are time consuming, takes longer than Danish Pastries, but so worth it. I wish I`d gotten a picture before they disappeared, but they were perfectly puffed up and yes, buttery......I do only use an expensive butter and it`s worth it, so hope you can find a good one to use.

We still have Bugles over here, I`m not a fan particularly, but I do love BBQ Poppables and we can`t get them anywhere now! Why is it always the things we love that go.

Funnily enough, pretzel things are filling our shelves now......bleurgh......hate them in any form!! What they have to do with Christmas I have no clue!

Quick good evening. Nothing interesting going on here today. Work was slow. After work I got a haircut. That was probably the most exciting part of the day.
B is still waiting for her grade for one class to post. She's also a little sad because the boy she's had a crush on for the past few years got engaged on Saturday.
I am so ready for our vacation. Just 2 more work days to get through.

Aww bless her. That must be horrible for her....and happy new haircut!!

Another mild day again......thankfully.

Got my salon appointment this morning.....hope the annoying woman isn`t there, she always seems to have an appointment same time as me for some reason......but she`s only in for around 40 minutes as she only has a base colour on her hair, not foils for high or low lights. She`s hilarious though as she always listens and if I say I do something she claims to have done it too, quite sad really to be so ready to mimic someone else. My stylist used to do her but passed her on to a junior, can`t say I blame her.

After the salon, we might go out for lunch in the village then we have some more things to buy, just treats to add to what we`re taking to Scotland and I always find something else to pick up.

If we don`t go out for lunch, will make stir fry for dinner, we`ll see what we feel like at lunchtime.

And happy to hear the shortbread I baked again for Kyle`s office went down well.....he sent out an email saying shortbread had been delivered and one of the ladies who works on reception flew upstairs to get some.....lol.....she again said best shortbread she`s ever tasted!!! Nice to hear it`s being enjoyed, I made enough to do them a few days.

Time for breakfast and yes, boring and repetitive comment again......tea is being made......8-)

i-s4LcMWW-M.jpg

cv66-Th.jpg

cv46-M.jpg

5 more sleeps till Christmas.....ho ho ho 🥰

Ho Ho Ho, it’s that Taco Tuesday today. A commuting one, as no need to wait until Thursday, to drive in the rain, though cool enough could also be snow in there. What? At least last day of the year working, will be teleworking.

And so, City is still busy in this early hour. And hot water from that bottle, tea hot enough for me.

Mac can get her Taco Bell meal today. A no cooking one for her, maybe for dinner. To compete, they saying fries going away, was not true. Happy for little one, as she does not like most of the menu at Taco Bell.

Eh, doubt our meals may be tacos today. But ya never know.

Hope your salon visit was calm, Schumi. Lunch out sounds lovely too.

Aw, poor B, Charade. Though a big WOOT, for that 2 day countdown. Safe travels and have a fabulous, fantastic, wonderful time.

Sunny day, ah yes. Looking forward to a beautiful sunrise in the clear sky. Close to a sliver of a moon still high in the sky when I was driving.

Totally Terrific Taco 🌮 Tuesday to all the homies. Single digit countdown for Robo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter