• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

Me Mac is in Ohio now and this week and
Will be seeing his family

I stayed home to take care of the cats

I do have my priorities....lol

Georgina my parental unit was from SE Ohio
He loved that area

Hope you are still reading here and not conked out from the wine....

Yep can develep allergies at any time. something mild can develop into life threatening quickly. I don't like the skin test stuff-had my daughter enrolled in a study and they did bloodwork-much more expensive but more accurate. If she's having trouble breathing it is not wheat. wheat will cause major GI issues. Likely a preservative or some other cross contamination-which is easier to avoid at home too!

So true. Anyone can develop allergies at any age, any time

I developed a specific allergy around 2 years ago when I was 46. Yep, the skin tests can be totally off........wouldn't rely on them at all. Mine didn't show up anything.....but we knew something was wrong. Bloods were the answer for me too. Was sat beside a woman that day who had read up on the Internet what she "thought" was wrong with her.......and had to share "all" her supposed ailments :crazy:........she was so off base it was funny. Internet is wonderful.......but for some......wow! Shouldn't be left alone with it......lol.......hope your DD is ok now.........

Love the Mothman tales.........

Hi Georgina........you have one of my favourite places in your avatar.........love Paris! And the Eiffel Tower.......

Very late night last night......watched 5 episodes of Game of Thrones........didn't think I'd get so into this show.......

Must get up soon...........

Last edited:

Hope you are still reading here and not conked out from the wine....

I did conk out rather early, as I had to get up at 5 AM to get my baby boy (well he's 23) to the airport as he is moving to the Pacific NW. I also have a DD in California so my kids have scattered! Nice places to visit at least.

It always is a good idea to have the kiddies to live in places that would make a great vacation for you

moving to the Pacific NW
We had a mini trip and meeting in Portland, Ore and Stevenson, WA earlier in July! OMG it is gorgeous!!!. Dare I say it??-I think I'd rather go back there again than Disney or Universal if I had to choose...We met up with a fellow Disney COllege Program alum in Portland (she is currently living in Phoenix) and she was spending several weeks in the area to see if she would like it enough to move. Think she is going to move in next year or so-already making plans to visit LOL.

Any one have an older version of iPad mini? Mine keeps glitching and quitting in the middle of apps-doesn't matter the app and happens randomly. Tried restarting, freeing storage, deleting unused apps etc. about to toss the thing against the wall-but it has my recipe app on it (paid for version) and I can't remember the password to transfer all my recipes to another device...

Ah the Mothman. You're in my neck of the woods (SW PA here).

I've never posted on this thread, I was just watching Harry Potter movies all day in honor of his birthday and getting excited for our trip in 7 weeks. Seemed like an appropriate place to say that!

I've had my DS here for a week before he moves to the west coast. It's really nice having adult kids around sometimes. We have been practicing driving since he's been carless in NYC for a couple of years. We went to see Star Trek today also. I'm gonna miss him when he flies away tomorrow.
Welcome Georgina - I'm a newbie here too. Lovely to have your son home for a visit. I'm lucky both my DS and DD live fairly close - so glad because we do spend time together when we can and I get to look after my DD's littlies.

Yes MonyK. My old original iPad could not take all the updates to the operating system, as not enough memory and old parts. I finally had to buy an iPad Air 2 to replace it. Make sure you back up all your apps and info in your apple cloud before giving up the ghost on it. I did find, while most of my stuff transferred fine from the cloud, I had to enter some of my passwords again. Good luck. It was sad to retire that old iPad. It was the first one I had bought and was used for many a year. And to boot, my iPhone is now out of date too, but I am not ready to let that one go right yet. It is called obsolete. Yeah, wish new, replacements were as cheap as a toaster. ::yes::

image.jpeg

Yep, Sunday almost time for dinner, and all are tired. That is what a swim in 84 degree pool does to ya. After flooding rain last night and early this morning, the sun has let everyone know, a hot and humid day was needed.

Here is to an enjoyable Sunday evening. :drinking1

Been an odd day today.........not cold, not warm........just mixed. Did get a BBQ tonight though.......simple though...........

More Game of Thrones tonight.......now nearly bed time.......

August tomorrow???? Already.......::yes::

Thought I read the game of thrones is not being renewed

Season 8 will be the last season.

We're just nearly finished season 2......bit of a way to go for us........DS has bought the books and I think I fancy reading them too......

Welcome Georgina - I'm a newbie here too. Lovely to have your son home for a visit. I'm lucky both my DS and DD live fairly close - so glad because we do spend time together when we can and I get to look after my DD's littlies.

It is so nice to have them back for a visit, and sad to see them go. I have one on the east coast still, she got married this summer and is the one most likely to have our grandchildren eventually. I am heading to CA to help the youngest move back to her dorm for her last year of college - no doubt in my mind she will be in the Bay area or Seattle area when she graduates.

My DH and DS are big sci fi fans and read the George RR Martin books when they first came out. I don't watch GOT; I don't like that much violence.

My fins are killing me! Took our tiny Penny pup to be tested for disc agility at 10am (she needs a lot of work), then we headed to the riverfront so my DD could pokemongo, which lead to some driving and visiting a park for more pokemon, then we took Penny for her bath before dropping her at home and heading back out to grocery shop. Dinner is in the oven and my fat butt is planted on the couch!

Thank you. I am wearing my Ravenclaw shirt (and drinking wine) and dreaming! Ticked at Freeform channel for skipping Order of the Phoenix movie for some reason.

I am originally from Cleveland and Cedar Point is my first amusement park.
They always tend to skip one. I've never understood. One time they boasted about playing "ALL 8 MOVIES" and I was think... That's great. You should every single time though!

i was feeling really icky from some med i took the other day and saturday was fine until the afternoon.

got up this morning after sleeping 7 hours off and on and figured nothing to do so went back to bed before noon.

finally woke up about 5:30 today and have tried to set up the motherland fast pass for my trip.

well, it's now 1 in the morning and i just finished it up.
it is crazy to try to know what you want to do on what day.

and when i did a few of the days, could not get the times i wanted for some rides at MK.
i gave up changing the fp around so i gave up.

i made most of the for haunted mansion for the 3 days i will be at MK.
i like the ride and the other rides i wanted to do, time conflicts by 5 minutes so it could not be booked.

it was either HM or Space mountain for repeat rides each day i am at MK.

pickings were easy for epcot and dhs as there isn't much to choose from.
the tier system at epcot is screwy.

Morning (here) all. Not watched GOT - not my thing - but currently working our way through Containment as we wait for WD to return!
Van all packed and ready to go on our holiday to Devon - collecting DD and littles in an hour and hoping traffic will be lighter travelling on a Monday - Saturday the M5 was at a standstill and radio telling people avoid the area which is what happened to us last year.
Lovely sunny morning so itching to set off to the seaside now!
Yesterday we took advantage of the van to take family to where my big bro drives his train - that he built - DGS loved it and went on a dozen different trains.
image.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter