• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

Good morning homies :flower1:

At work now and it's already hot. I almost didn't make it since I forgot to set my alarm...bad thing is that it was my fastpass selection day. Thank goodness I woke up at 6:50 and was awake enough to get what I wanted. I did online check-in too so I'm all ready to go...is it Sept yet?

Glad you got what you wanted Vicki.......yep, September needs to come around.........don't work too hard!

Oh, Dark skies here smells like rain
Maybe
I hope

Sent you our rain from earlier........that'll sort your plants and grass out........our lawns are greener than ever right now as we've had so much rain and plenty of sunshine too........nice!

Hey Carole...could you please send some of the rain my way? My tomatoes are thirsty.

Lol.......as requested!

I love home grown tomatoes!! Hard to beat them.........

We need a rain smilie and stil waiting on a cocktail smilie too..........:rolleyes1

:drinking::drinking1:umbrella: as close as it gets....we need a cocktail smilie with an umbrella drink almost two for one :duck:

Lol......I hate that beer one :D

A nice little martini glass or even a wine glass would suit me better......large one of course.........:rolleyes1

Hey all! TGIF'ness to all.

Hot, humid, stormy here. Hoping the rain stays away this weekend. Will be driving out to Cedar Point in a few hours with my two oldest DSs et al. If you've been there know it's built on a thin peninsula a few miles long. With all the metal from the coasters, combined with the water of Lake Erie, it's the last place you want to be when a storm rolls thru. Staying at one of the onsite places with indoor water park will occupy them if storm does kick up, if that fails I' my taking a cooler of beverages (adult and otherwise)

Carole - are you suggesting there are thinly disguised TR threads here? Diabolical lol could be the plot for next minion movie!

I, for one, would love to see miscellaneous TRs/picture threads of other places besides U here...admitted travel junkie I am. Not sure if there is a miscellaneous trip report thread her anywhere nor would I khow that would play with the management here lol.

So we have a crazy person who lives in one of our communities that we have a rental in. The community has convents and he believes they need to be followed to a T such as grills are supposed to be stored out of sight. So when you're done grilling on your charcoal grill he expects it to be pulled back into the storage unit as soon as you're done. NOT COOLED down done, just done grilling. He goes over and takes a picture. One time the family was still on the porch eating the dinner they just grilled.

ANYWAYS. the e-mail addressed to us and a few other houses out there the other day said "DEAR TRAILER PARK NEIGHBORS" the end of it said "I am hoping that we don't have chickens and goats roaming these properties any time soon but I would not be surprised." I'm looking for a chicken to borrow and a harness to put it on so I can walk it around on the common area by his house. :)

Got to love by-laws! I actually do enjoy rules, but seriously... let the grill cool down first guy.

HOA doesn't allow outdoor grills to sit outdoors? Makes perfect non-sense.

Lovely pictures Schumi. I hate photos with me on but love to see everyone else! Went with DD to get DGS a pre-holiday hair cut today. Fab just for littlies place called Little Big Heads with a play room, personal IPads loaded with choice of viewing. She began taking him there as they understand his Dyspraxia but as he's always gone he's very relaxed and can sit still. DGD wanted to sit and watch in a little princess chair rather than playing in the other room! Dull weather but mild today - hoping the sun returns soon.

View attachment 184134 View attachment 184135

Aw how cute!

PS am I seeing peppa da pig? One of my favorite kids shows

Wait....

I miscounted
It is not 6 more days before I have to do my do at the motherland. It is 2 more days as of today

That means I have to pick them starting Thursday

I still have no idea what to chose

I'm right behind you. Pick the new frozen ride 1st, 7DMR next, followed by Peter Pan & it all tends to fall in place for me.

All I have is Benadryl right now. So I don't take it often or else I'll fall asleep at work

Another vote for the generic Flonase . When all else fails take a hit of Afrin but not more than a few times a month or you'll blow out (literally) your nose.

Crock pot is just a brand of slow cooker. I'm starting to get very short tempered with their products as of late. My crock pot that's been in storage since college has been discontinued. I was looking up where to purchase a replacement lid and found out it had HORRIBLE reviews. People reporting it completely scorching their food on low. That joker landed itself in the trash. I'm not risking a potential fire risk. My sister's tends to overcook things on low too.....
Guess I will be purchasing a different brand or finding mom's super old one in storage. Anyone else remember the crock pots where the crock was permanently attached? That thing is still the best one we've ever owned just a pain to clean.

Anyone have any recommendations? I need a smaller one for my new place at the parents.

Have you heard about my chicken pasta? It's my favorite. It's a creamy chicken sauce with Italian seasoning. Serve over pasta or rice. Love it! I make it with my olive garden breadsticks,

Will admit to having them in all sizes from extra large to just a quart. Perfect for buffet service vs chafing dishes. I don't mess with the ones with browning elements, timers, etc. Although I do have one that has what I call a haunted mansion design lol.

I go with reviews, Amazon a good place to start. I have had surprisingly good luck as to longetivity with the JCP private brand - cooks.

Hoping we have everything packed, we are leaving for WestVirginia tomorrow for 5 nights. Molly was born in Charlestown and we're visiting some of her old haunts. Bat Boy cave, coal mine tour, Moth Man museum, plus the Greenbrier bunker tour and Falconry lesson. And some horseback riding. Should be fun...a good road trip with the Caddy. I've had The Beast 5 years and it only has 16K miles.

If driving thru Beckly, WV, remember the speed trap there. Have wanted to do the Greenbrier bunker tour. Feel free to share pics.
Good morning homies :flower1:

At work now and it's already hot. I almost didn't make it since I forgot to set my alarm...bad thing is that it was my fastpass selection day. Thank goodness I woke up at 6:50 and was awake enough to get what I wanted. I did online check-in too so I'm all ready to go...is it Sept yet?

Have a great trip squirlz.

Nice minions Robo.

Yea!

I can see cedar point all lit up when at Kelleys island
Me Mac is going there tomorrow for vacation

I will be home as have appointments set up for next week

Have a fun mini vacation Keisha !!

Had a great 4 days with the nephew at IOA/US/Aquatica! Loved PBH and was definitely worth it for the EP and early entry but just couldn't justify it normally living here since I really don't think it took any longer to get there from our house than once you figure in the walking time from the room to the boat and then the time on the boat. But if I was visiting from anywhere else, I don't think you could beat it. We had a room directly overlooking the pool so a bit loud during the afternoon with music blasting but very convenient to both the pool (obviously) and the boat. We ate lunch at the restaurant at the pool and really enjoyed it.

Got on pretty much everything multiple times. Only had a couple issues with some really arrogant/obnoxious TM's - once at RRR and once at (believe it or not) ET. Strangely enough both named Corey, although definitely not the same Corey. ;) Most other TM's (especially at the hotel!) were great. Overall though, let's just say that I don't have the energy of an 11-year-old anymore. ;) Glad to have some recovery time now!

Hot, humid, stormy here. Hoping the rain stays away this weekend. Will be driving out to Cedar Point in a few hours with my two oldest DSs et al. If you've been there know it's built on a thin peninsula a few miles long. With all the metal from the coasters, combined with the water of Lake Erie, it's the last place you want to be when a storm rolls thru. Staying at one of the onsite places with indoor water park will occupy them if storm does kick up, if that fails I' my taking a cooler of beverages (adult and otherwise).

When we lived in Michigan, for about 8 years we spent 30+ days a summer camping in a popup at Cedar Point (spread out over the summer/fall). I can't tell you how many times we spent huddled in one of the hotel lobbies or a restroom waiting out storms. And I can remember many times battening down the hatches in the popup and waiting it out, or setting up in a complete monsoon (you would be astounded how fast you can get a popup set up in that situation!).

Our HOA allows grills outside but not visible from the street so it's okay in the back yard. I think. At least we haven't been reported yet!

that is a rare incident of having a TM like that.
i never have encountered anything but lovely and helpful staff at UO

Well I found a better price for my flight back to Orlando ($100 on American, nonstop, leaving at 1:40pm), so I went ahead and got my ROF pass. I was gonna get the new Harry Potter play, but I get paid weekly so if need be I can wait till the Friday after it comes out. I wanted to do the later flight, but it was still $145. Plus with the 1:40 flight I can still do early entry and a late breakfast before leaving. Or an early breakfast. Something. I wanted to have at least a little more park time before leaving since Mike (and Vicki) talked me into doing MNSSHP the Sunday I'm there. Plus Mike's CM discount on the tickets helped a bit lol.

Hot, humid, stormy here. Hoping the rain stays away this weekend. Will be driving out to Cedar Point in a few hours with my two oldest DSs et al. If you've been there know it's built on a thin peninsula a few miles long. With all the metal from the coasters, combined with the water of Lake Erie, it's the last place you want to be when a storm rolls thru. Staying at one of the onsite places with indoor water park will occupy them if storm does kick up, if that fails I' my taking a cooler of beverages (adult and otherwise)

Carole - are you suggesting there are thinly disguised TR threads here? Diabolical lol could be the plot for next minion movie!

I, for one, would love to see miscellaneous TRs/picture threads of other places besides U here...admitted travel junkie I am. Not sure if there is a miscellaneous trip report thread her anywhere nor would I khow that would play with the management here lol.

Me?? Suggest such a thing.......:rolleyes1 I can imagine that plot......a new nefarious Svengali leader.......tho that might have been done to death.......:D

Another site I used to go on had miscellaneous trip reports from all over.......good idea.......

Have a great trip.......like the sound of the adult beverages.......... :wave2:

Have a good break Keisha! Yes Peppa Pig looms large in our day with DGD. Miniature figures, plush figures, blankets, clothes - and of course the endless availability of the actual cartoon!
We are having take out fish and chips with DS and DIL tonight. Tomorrow we collect our rental van ready for taking DD and the littlies to the coast in Devon on Monday.
While we've got it we thought tomorrow we'd go collect my parents (better view high up) and take them for a drive in the country and lunch out - they are really looking forward to it.
Sunday we're picking up daughter's family to go to a park some distance away where my brother runs his miniature locomotive along with other rail enthusiasts and their trains. The track is huge right round the park and really good fun to ride on. People queue all day for rides.
So we are hoping it brightens up for us now we are on countdown to holiday.
Happy weekend all!

I love that. Perfect non-sense. Yes, it's against the rules for outdoor grills to be visible when not in use outdoors. At the beach. In Florida. I guarantee people use the grills well more than they use our indoor kitchens. They're thinking about forcing "gas grills only" because the cool down time is sooner and they can be moved quicker than the charcoal ones. OR requiring them to build outdoor kitchens so that it looks nicer. I just roll my eyes... I can't believe they're trying to pacify this guy just because he's annoying.

Did I share that my sister has a wheat allergy? We just learned this. She has been having some problems as of late with allergies and not feeling well. Come to find out she has several food allergies and wheat being the most difficult one. We eat a lot of bread. We're going on a scavenging mission today to hopefully find good alternatives for her. I've already gotten several ingredients to start learning how to make wheat free breads. Wish me luck! She's so down in the dumps about it. We already are not vast variety eaters so taking out one of her main sources of food is a huge blow. We will persevere! If anyone has any good gluten/wheat free recipes or brands PLEASE let me know! This is all so new to us.

Well I was going to go out and pull weeds, but all this talk of travel, TM's, FP's, ADR's, cooking devices, weather and car purchasing made me tired. So I think I will take a nap instead :cat:
image.jpeg

RFF have fun with all your family this weekend and on your trip your Devon.

Keisha have fun on your trip.

Buckeev good luck on the car hunt :car:

Afternoon Mac, Schumi, Tink, Sharky, Lynne, RAPstar, Keisha and Tinyd.

Last edited:
I love that. Perfect non-sense. Yes, it's against the rules for outdoor grills to be visible when not in use outdoors. At the beach. In Florida. I guarantee people use the grills well more than they use our indoor kitchens. They're thinking about forcing "gas grills only" because the cool down time is sooner and they can be moved quicker than the charcoal ones. OR requiring them to build outdoor kitchens so that it looks nicer. I just roll my eyes... I can't believe they're trying to pacify this guy just because he's annoying.

Did I share that my sister has a wheat allergy? We just learned this. She has been having some problems as of late with allergies and not feeling well. Come to find out she has several food allergies and wheat being the most difficult one. We eat a lot of bread. We're going on a scavenging mission today to hopefully find good alternatives for her. I've already gotten several ingredients to start learning how to make wheat free breads. Wish me luck! She's so down in the dumps about it. We already are not vast variety eaters so taking out one of her main sources of food is a huge blow. We will persevere! If anyone has any good gluten/wheat free recipes or brands PLEASE let me know! This is all so new to us.

Try Nuke bread, I love it! I make coconut/almond flour rolls a lot.

eta... give me a few and I will share recipes :daisy:

TinyD so many eateries have gluten free bread and foods these days

Know the parks cater to those with wheat allergies

Should be able to find lots of recipes with Google

Non in my family is gluten free so I'm no help with recipes

Buckeev, I have a headache too. Maybe it will show up in my driveway tomorrow.

Well, storms are gone until the weekend. Muggy as all once the sun came out. No sign of puddles since lunchtime.

Going to see Star Trek tomorrow, looking forward to seeing it.

Now it is what is for dinner game. Kids just came home from camp and are grumpy. Pizza maybe. Too hot to cook. That and maybe our salsa and some chips. Have to take a vote.

image.jpeg

Hey mac I forgot to ask if you got all of the fastpasses you wanted...hope it went well.

No help here on the gluten free stuff tinyD.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter