Something About Nothing ... #12

Have a safe trip mac........have a wonderful time!

Quick drive by before I fall into bed here in the City..........

Been in Manhattan 2 full days now and think we've been everywhere..........Empire State, Rockefeller, River cruise around Manhattan, Macy's, Barney's Today show, Bryant Park and a little of Central Park........

Tomorrow is either WTC and memorial then the village and maybe a walk across the bridge to Brooklyn or Central Park, Tiffany and Plaza..........

Been boiling hot so far.........and tomorrow to be hot again.

Hope youse all good..........

Just- I get to SLEEP IN tomorrow!! First time in forever between work, travel and kids activities....course that means I will promptly wake up at 630 am! Trying to make the most of it by staying up later LOL

Finally got Portland hotel and air tickets booked. 3.5 days in Downtown Portland then on to Skamania Lodge for Worlds Finest Chocolate meetings (although the meetings are only in the am this year and afternoons are reserved for fun-already have a zipline tour booked).

Keep checking prices for a Christmas trip to Florida...this extra money from 2 jobs should be used for fun right? 'Course the oldest DD will probably suck it right out of me with college expenses.

Thing I am gonna go eat a cookie and read a bit before bed

Safe Travels to all those hitting the road soon...

believe it or not, i am going to bed at 10:30 tonight......

have to be up at 2:45 in the morning to leave for my shuttle to the airport. :car:

don't worry, i'll be checking in here as wifi is everywhere.....

5 doctor appointments and i'll be back home on sunday.
5 doctors appointments? Yikes! Is everything ok?
Safe travels & I hope you get good news from the docs!

Just saw that APH rates were posted for OCT. Guess that means I need to start the daily check for November. Think we're doing 13-16. Beat the thanksgiving crowd. If anyone happens to think about it and sees November released holler at me.

Just got done watching we were soldiers. I really shouldn't watch military movies. I had forgotten I had seen that one until it started.

Looking at my calendar June is going to be super boring. Wish I could plan a trip or something but moms house isn't done yet so I've got the business until further notice. It was so nice only having dance to worry about for a week. It's like having a whole bunch of kids but being able to go to the bathroom by yourself. Now... Now the kids are banging on the door. I miss dance week.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Good to hear from you Carole...glad you're having a good time...say hi to your mum for me.

Have a safe trip mac :goodvibes

Coffee time :coffee:

Last edited:
Hope your flight is uneventful, doctor's appointments go well, and safe travels Mac.
And yes, hotel for the holidays had been booked, picked the hotel, changed it, then went back to original hotel. Done, as prices are now quite a bit higher.

th
Yes, Kiesha. Camel needed. Hump day already. Short week does that. Not complaining though.

The sun is up, both kids were cranky, life is good.

th

Well this suxs

Still sitting on plane in Atlanta
Mechanical issues and could be another 30 minutes sitting here

Or could be switched to another plane we are told

Things like this only happen to me

Rant over

That does stink Mac. Yep, I always seem to be the one in the longest line.

Hope you are on your way soon.

th

th

irritates me how the photo pkg has increased in price (surprise, surprise). we would get the base pkg with CD/5X7 inch pic & key chains. Last few times, when just he & me, no pics to commemorate. That's ok, i have a long memory:) Kept telling myself when viewing the pics that I already had several sets at home yet I cannot walk away without peeking at them lol.

no personal cameras permitted when participating in the dolphin swim as to safety for the animals.

Are there no cheap photo options at all? Like can you just buy one if you really want? I won't be doing the dolphin swim so I'm hoping I can at least get good enough for us since it's adults and not a "once in a lifetime with my 5 year old kissing a dolphin" type. ;) But I might want to buy one print if possible.

ps u r permitted to change your date once without penalty if the weather forecast really heads south on you.
Unfortunately I don't think we are since we already changed DS21's from the AP rate to the FL Resident Rate (to get the 14 days of SW/Aquatica) and they emphasized to me that was our one "change" (even though I was giving them more money). Plus, this was one of the last days we could get the AP discount rates before they about double for the summer season so even if they let us change it would have to be like late August which wouldn't help. So I guess we're sucking it up either way.

there are rocky areas in certain parts of the water. not bad as you find on some beaches, but as at the waterparks and when snorkeling, we wear our keen clearwater water shoes to protect our footsies.
Did you wear them during the dolphin swim? Were they like sandals or watershoes? Debating between the two - would there be room in a locker for the other one? What about goggles? Can I wear those if I'd prefer for the lazy river, etc. instead of a mask/snorkle?

lastly, if u have to be 'somewhere' early evening, don't wait until the last hour to hit the showers when it is just slammed in the womens changing area.
If we're not in a hurry (and the weather is holding), can you stay right until closing and then shower after or is that even worse? Should I just plan to change quickly somewhere and stick a hat on my head? :)

Are there no cheap photo options at all? Like can you just buy one if you really want? I won't be doing the dolphin swim so I'm hoping I can at least get good enough for us since it's adults and not a "once in a lifetime with my 5 year old kissing a dolphin" type. ;) But I might want to buy one print if possible.

Unfortunately I don't think we are since we already changed DS21's from the AP rate to the FL Resident Rate (to get the 14 days of SW/Aquatica) and they emphasized to me that was our one "change" (even though I was giving them more money). Plus, this was one of the last days we could get the AP discount rates before they about double for the summer season so even if they let us change it would have to be like late August which wouldn't help. So I guess we're sucking it up either way.

Did you wear them during the dolphin swim? Were they like sandals or watershoes? Debating between the two - would there be room in a locker for the other one? What about goggles? Can I wear those if I'd prefer for the lazy river, etc. instead of a mask/snorkle?

If we're not in a hurry (and the weather is holding), can you stay right until closing and then shower after or is that even worse? Should I just plan to change quickly somewhere and stick a hat on my head? :)
We just wore sandals and left them by a chair when we went in the water. If you have goggles you're free to use them. Snorkel is for the reef. You don't need anything for the lazy river. Lockers are plenty big enough for anything.

RIP Margaritta Kiosk in Epcot & my go-to cheap drunk there lol

noticed a huge price drop in our 4 days @ U in October for Saphirre Falls vs RPH. Ran the numbers past DH and asked if he wanted to change over. Gave me the hairy eye and said he wasn't giving up his sweet, suite or FOTL to save a 'few bucks' well, ok then...since i'm payi

lynne kitties work well on wednesday too. one on a camel would be amazeballs.

marci -

the keen clearwater are enclosed, lightweight sandals with very flexible sole meant to be be used as watershoes but more protection than the nylon type. I wear the heavier version they make H20 as 'shoes' but they are also waterproof but more for hiking thru creeks, etc. anyway, not permitted during the swim, the sand there is baby fine, you won't need them.

sure u could do just goggles, no wake there. we bring our own gear. it reminds me of the snorkle setup at typhoon lagoon in a sense with new set up although you are permitted to swim at will vs the straight line across the pond thing. I liked the old area better, most would disagree with me. the sunscreen is in bag with snorkle stuff, you can ask at that kiosk for just the packets if bringing your own gear

define cheap lol. base pkg (6 pics? around $100, no CD). google discovery cove photo pkg. likely here somewhere too.

idk i usually shower a good hour before closing, then grab a cool one and chill until the guys finish up last minute. It's a girl thing that clogs everything up imo. too much fussing & primping, get in & get out kwim? don't understand the need to blow dry and flat iron your hair there. there's those who use the showers, then head to bathroom stalls to change. duh, enough said there lol.

believe it or not, i am going to bed at 10:30 tonight......

have to be up at 2:45 in the morning to leave for my shuttle to the airport. :car:

don't worry, i'll be checking in here as wifi is everywhere.....

5 doctor appointments and i'll be back home on sunday.

would like to think you are well on your way by now. if equipment delay over 2 hours, ask for compensation lol

poking & prodding aside (eek) enjoy the trip. give that grandbaby a big hug from me:) and text me some cute pics!

Have a safe trip mac........have a wonderful time!

Quick drive by before I fall into bed here in the City..........

Been in Manhattan 2 full days now and think we've been everywhere..........Empire State, Rockefeller, River cruise around Manhattan, Macy's, Barney's Today show, Bryant Park and a little of Central Park........

Tomorrow is either WTC and memorial then the village and maybe a walk across the bridge to Brooklyn or Central Park, Tiffany and Plaza..........

Been boiling hot so far.........and tomorrow to be hot again.

Hope youse all good..........

you've been missed! Sounds like you are hitting all the hot spots, how cool! take lots of pics

Just saw that APH rates were posted for OCT. Guess that means I need to start the daily check for November. Think we're doing 13-16. Beat the thanksgiving crowd. If anyone happens to think about it and sees November released holler at me.

Just got done watching we were soldiers. I really shouldn't watch military movies. I had forgotten I had seen that one until it started.

Looking at my calendar June is going to be super boring. Wish I could plan a trip or something but moms house isn't done yet so I've got the business until further notice. It was so nice only having dance to worry about for a week. It's like having a whole bunch of kids but being able to go to the bathroom by yourself. Now... Now the kids are banging on the door. I miss dance week.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

love most things military (including my guy:)) Patton is one of my favs, apocolypse totally different but great. just don't get roped into tora, tora snoooooze

I thought that was a bowl of dead ants

On shuttle to Atlanta

lol you are on your game!

Last edited:
the keen clearwater are enclosed, lightweight sandals with very flexible sole meant to be be used as watershoes but more protection than the nylon type. I wear the heavier version they make H20 as 'shoes' but they are also waterproof but more for hiking thru creeks, etc. anyway, not permitted during the swim, the sand there is baby fine, you won't need them.

define cheap lol. base pkg (6 pics? around $100, no CD). google discovery cove photo pkg. likely here somewhere too.
Okay, thanks! We both have Keens - pretty sure not that style but a slightly heavier one. May throw the water shoes in as well just in case needed.

By cheap I mean can you just buy one pic for like $30 or is there a minimum?

One more question - do you remember any of the wine options? I've checked out their site and both of the "fluffy" drinks sound fine for any of us. Not beer drinkers so that doesn't matter but I saw pics from the cabanas of the little individual White Zin wines but haven't seen anything for "normal "people beyond "Red & White". Not a big deal - just curious. :)

At this point I'm more worried about the 60's and steady rain forecast for Boston graduation Friday than the "afternoon showers/thunderstorms" forecast for next Monday for DC but any mummy dust welcome for both!

Thanks all!

THEY CLOSED THE MARGARITA STAND AT EPCOT!
Noooooooo!!!!!!!! Wasn't I just telling someone you ALWAYS stop in Mexico?!
Some say that people are overreacting and they're remodeling to make it bigger. I say why the heck would they do this OR even close it right before summer?! Now the line inside is going to be so longgggg. are they even the same margaritas?! OH THE HORROR!

Blah to WDW! Although I've been *****ing about Uni and Loew's.....I'm renewing my AP this weekend. Will I be the first homie here with a plastic pass....:drinking1:drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter