Something About Nothing ... #12

Lynne...I'm waiting for SW anniversary sale on June 16...my flights went up $10 since I've been checking...hope we can get a deal.

EEEEW TindyD. Hope you can rid of them soon. I hate almost all bugs.

I so hope so too Tink. I did purchase, but not happy, as the best price I found that was the only left price, was for a 7:30am leaving. Not looking forward to returning to the airport way before the sunrise. But, if we have to, we do. I keep checking the SW website. For my fall trip, much cheaper, and didn't even do it right away. Thankful though, never close to what I paid. Still also waiting for cheaptickets/orbitz to put out coupon for both trips. So far, only saw to 30 September. I can wait.

Any last minute advice or tips from all you Discovery Cove experts? I've been reading the forums over there and seeing a lot of your names! :) We head out early Thu to Boston but then are doing DC on Monday when we get back so I'm trying to be organized for that as well since it'll obviously be a very early morning that day. It'll be me, DH, and DS21. The two of them are doing the Dolphin Swim and I hope to take pics during it since we really don't want to pay for the photo package. We'll try for as early as possible for the swim (since the forecast, like every day in summer in Orlando, is for afternoon thunderstorms). Anything we really need to bring? Have a waterproof camera and will use our iphones as much as possible besides that. We don't need towels? We "have" to wear the wetsuits everywhere that they give you or is that only for the dolphin swim? Thanks for any help!

Goooood mor... wait... it's afternoon already? o_O Geez where has my day gone!

Fellow Kentuckian Ky I'm glad you got your kiddo safe!

TinyD we get those little buggers every spring and use EcoSafe spray (Walmart) to get them gone. It's quick!

I almost had to put an APB out on my diver snack in shark. I logged in yesterday and he was MIA!

Marcie...the only advice I have is to wear water shoes not so much for the water but that pavement gets hot,hot, hot.

Have fun...DC is amazing.

Any last minute advice or tips from all you Discovery Cove experts? I've been reading the forums over there and seeing a lot of your names! :) We head out early Thu to Boston but then are doing DC on Monday when we get back so I'm trying to be organized for that as well since it'll obviously be a very early morning that day. It'll be me, DH, and DS21. The two of them are doing the Dolphin Swim and I hope to take pics during it since we really don't want to pay for the photo package. We'll try for as early as possible for the swim (since the forecast, like every day in summer in Orlando, is for afternoon thunderstorms). Anything we really need to bring? Have a waterproof camera and will use our iphones as much as possible besides that. We don't need towels? We "have" to wear the wetsuits everywhere that they give you or is that only for the dolphin swim? Thanks for any help!

My DH took pictures from the rocks and some came out pretty good. I always buy the pictures though, as I like the close up with the dolphin that my DH could not get.
You get towels, so you can have as many as you want. If you want fresh, just put the old one in the bin, and take another. Bring a change of clothes, and for me, I always bring my soap and hair soap, as I don't like the what ever is in the pumps. You don't need to wear a wetsuit at all, but the water where the dolphin is and the swim with the fish feels cold. So if it's hot, the water feels even colder. Only thing in the water is to have a vest on. Since I was doing the dolphin with my kids, I put a wetsuit on. Since it was enough to put it on, I left it on until I was ready to get changed. Even ate in it and walked around with it on all day. For your guys, they can decide, and maybe they get get out their wetsuit easier than I did. Kids (teens) also left their wetsuits on until ready to change for the day too. Have one awesome time! We're back this Christmas for round 3.

Is this the same thing? We did it in the bahamas! Was my favorite shore excursion we ever did. Man I miss cruising...
009_9.JPG
042_42.JPG
Above you have my sister Holly, Me, her ex fiance(who I have since badly photoshopped out), my dad, and my mom.
This would have been... 2010?

Well, did you name them?

Everyone should have exotic pets
The bad thing is we kind of feel bad for them. It's a bug life.... poor guys. They need to stay out of the house though! They were in the dogs food first... this started Saturday. They kind of disappeared after the first day of the liquid traps. Apparently they took the holiday weekend off.

Got to bed about 2 this morning and up at 7
Check in morning for SW flight Wednesday
Also got my tsa pre on the boarding pass
Received an email yesterday to arrive at Atl 3 hours before boarding
This will be my first flight out if Atlanta
I'm told it is just the same as O'Hare
So I think I will be fine.

Sept trip booked sometime back with points out of Atlanta so I'm all set until I add in another quick trip
But for that one I will drive

Lynne keep watching for discounts on the rooms
I'm guessing you already have booked and can modify the rate later for your end of the year vacation

Tink it is 95 here and hot
When I got back home from the store, I stayed outside and worked on my flower gardens
Only spent 40 minutes at it as afternoon sun was sizzling

Schumi if you are reading..[GALLERY=]:wave2:[/GALLERY]

And all the lost homies, come back we miss youse!

Vicki I just got an email from SW on a sale you could use

$49 a flight for travel from Atlanta to Orlando between August 23 to a date in November

Travel on Tuesdays and Wednesday's only

Has to be booked by June 2
That is the last booking day

I need to contact sw as my departure from home is a Tuesday
I used points for the flight and can get some back now

Book one of your legs now!

If there is a special June 16, dont know if it will be better
Probably won't have the travel days restriction

Lynne check out the special too!

The hubs traveled out of Atlanta A LOT and hated it. I hope everything goes smoothly for ya!

You don't need much. They provide dolphin-safe sunscreen. If you don't intend to buy photos, don't fall for the trick after the Dolphin Encounter. They'll say something to make you think everyone has to regroup back at the cabana, but it's just the photo sales pitch. We kinda held back like we were gathering our stuff then we split.

Busy weekend, beautiful the whole time (except for downpour right before my BBQ lol). put on my slicker and grilled away. was able to recess outside after an hour or so to dunk kids in the pool:)

struggled today to wake @ 5 am for 1st day of summer w/GD. she wore me out chasing around after her, I'll sleep like the dead tonight!

vicki - I've been hearing rumors as to SWA's big anniversary sales since they came to PIT many years ago. I'm rather OCD as to checking my airfare & rental car rates. Have never seen a deal on that date that beat whatever rate i was currently holding. :confused3 From PIT to MCO the best rate travelling on the weekends tends to come & go on the release date. Perhaps it's just offered on certain routes/dates/times? Regardless, good luck!!!

be at the door before the stated opening time. commandos will still be lined up outside ahead of you. Allow yourself time to eat breakfast but book an early swim time. I do like 10:30 or 11 am. breakfast is digested, you have time to mark out a spot on the beach for your home base and do a quick lay of the land stroll.

they switch out the dolphins but i think the earlier the better, before they get bored and lose interest. That way you can also, relax and do your thing the rest of the day. I do suggest the snorkeling area after the dolphins as to crowds. If it's packed, try later in the afternoon.

irritates me how the photo pkg has increased in price (surprise, surprise). we would get the base pkg with CD/5X7 inch pic & key chains. Last few times, when just he & me, no pics to commemorate. That's ok, i have a long memory:) Kept telling myself when viewing the pics that I already had several sets at home yet I cannot walk away without peeking at them lol.

no personal cameras permitted when participating in the dolphin swim as to safety for the animals.

ps u r permitted to change your date once without penalty if the weather forecast really heads south on you.

there are rocky areas in certain parts of the water. not bad as you find on some beaches, but as at the waterparks and when snorkeling, we wear our keen clearwater water shoes to protect our footsies.

DC is one of the most relaxing places in Orlando imo, hope you have a great experience.

lastly, if u have to be 'somewhere' early evening, don't wait until the last hour to hit the showers when it is just slammed in the womens changing area.

believe it or not, i am going to bed at 10:30 tonight......

have to be up at 2:45 in the morning to leave for my shuttle to the airport. :car:

don't worry, i'll be checking in here as wifi is everywhere.....

5 doctor appointments and i'll be back home on sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter