Somebody's Gonna Pee in a Cup, West Coast - Link to new TR 1/21

It would appear that @SarahDisney is more evil than I am.
I mean... come on! That's just.... mean!!
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Hey, IASW has its place. I appreciate it for what it is and I'm sure we'll ride it. But to use FP+????

I was totally serious, not at all evil. I used FP+ for It's a Small World once, and I will probably do it on my next trip too. It's a very useful FP+.
Really? I've just never really seen much need to use FP+ there. Unless I'd happen to grab one as my 4th or beyond.

OMG! Andy! She's serious! :laughing:
::yes::

Really? I've just never really seen much need to use FP+ there. Unless I'd happen to grab one as my 4th or beyond.

I usually do it as my 9th or 10th.
The way I see it ... if you're gonna do IASW and there is a line, why wouldn't you want to skip that line ... skipping a 15 minute line is better than waiting on it.
But yeah, I wasn't really serious about using it as one of your first 3. Fridays bring out extra sarcasm in me.

Whew... full update to come later. i did get A&E, but had to get it on our last day and it said there was no availability when I searched for all of us. Had to split our FP+ by 2 and 1 with an overlapping window to get it. It killed me to book the FP+ that I booked, but I just had to keep telling myself that it isn't about me... :rolleyes1

Good night!

Fridays bring out extra sarcasm in me.

:laughing: :thumbsup2

Whew... full update to come later. i did get A&E, but had to get it on our last day and it said there was no availability when I searched for all of us. Had to split our FP+ by 2 and 1 with an overlapping window to get it. It killed me to book the FP+ that I booked, but I just had to keep telling myself that it isn't about me... :rolleyes1

Good night!

Glad you got (sort of) what you wanted.
Would it surprise you to learn that I'm quite content to not have to try booking princess M&Gs anymore?

:rolleyes1

Well, that isn't exactly just across town, but hey, why not?

Too true. But it could happen.... I have plenty of friends (and actually family too!) that I could bunk in with. I'd just need a car. Well, that and a few hundred extra dollars. ;)

I get to stay up until midnight to make FP+!!!

How is this not exciting and a non-update, update?

Ooooh! Keep me posted on that! I would meet you out there and we could have fun!

I sure will. Probably won't happen, but I can definitely see it happening next year after I get my job!!

MK FP? Easy! Peoplemover and Swiss Family Treehouse!
Trust me! You won't regret it!!!!
:lmao:

Glad you got (sort of) what you wanted.
Would it surprise you to learn that I'm quite content to not have to try booking princess M&Gs anymore?
I'd say I'm shocked. But I'm not that good of a liar.

Too true. But it could happen.... I have plenty of friends (and actually family too!) that I could bunk in with. I'd just need a car. Well, that and a few hundred extra dollars. ;)
Eh... just jump the turnstile.

How is this not exciting and a non-update, update?
Well, because I really didn't say anything to update the information regarding the trip. I just said it was time for FP+! And I did say it was exciting and used and exclamation point

Good night!

Glad you got what you wanted. From what I have experienced and heard from others, there are basically no FP+ spots for groups larger than 2 with A&E so I just start with that right away just getting one or two of us set with the times we want and then try to copy to rest of party individually. Kind of a pain, but usually works out ok

It would appear that @SarahDisney is more evil than I am.
I mean... come on! That's just.... mean!!

I was totally serious, not at all evil. I used FP+ for It's a Small World once, and I will probably do it on my next trip too. It's a very useful FP+.

OMG! Andy! She's serious! :laughing:

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Good night!
Glad you were able to get it!

Eh... just jump the turnstile.

That. That would be entertainment right there.

Well, because I really didn't say anything to update the information regarding the trip. I just said it was time for FP+! And I did say it was exciting and used and exclamation point

NO, not really, except that FP! time IS super exciting. I'll pretend you're excited when I make the same post. ;)

FP+ and Daily Plans

About 2 weeks ago, I was able to stay up until midnight to try to schedule our FP+ for our trip. It seemed straightforward. But as life tends to do, there was a bit of a background story to all of it.

I knew that our plans would be heavy on things DD would be able to and want to do. So I had no illusions of planning tons of FP+ for the rides I enjoy… you know the ones with a 40”+ height requirement. I figured we might get one FP for BTMRR and one for Space and do the whole rider swap thing. But a couple of weeks before we could schedule our FP+, DW started feeling kind of odd. Nothing bad really, but she felt sure she was pregnant.

She took a test… negative.

Ok, false alarm. But the feeling remained.

The tests came in a 2 pack, so she tried the other one a few days later.

Negative.

Well, ok. Life goes on.

We really weren’t trying to get pregnant. We’d talked about it, but we never really decided for sure if or when we’d want to have another baby.

About a week later, she still just wasn’t feeling right so she bought another test.

This one was most definitely positive.

Apparently nature decided for us. We were going to have 3 kids. This positive test was conveniently the same day as her annual OB appointment and so she was able to confirm the home test and was scheduled for an ultrasound about a week later. Conveniently, it was the day before I could schedule our FP+

Basically, I’m just giving you a little bit of background as to why I did what I did when I scheduled FP+. It was really just a matter of throwing some things together so we had something booked. We had a couple of priorities that we really wanted, such as TSMM and the Frozen M&G. Otherwise, I just wasn’t really feeling it.

I wasn’t sure how DW would be feeling by the time the trip rolled around. I wasn’t sure if we’d even go. We had talked about just canceling because the logistics of everything were going to change and we were waiting on my annual bonus, which has been promised to us by Oct 15, and still hadn’t shown up a month later.

Thankfully, it came last week and the trip is now paid in full, but I was worried. This money was earmarked to pay for this trip!

So basically, my FP+ experience was more of a chore than something that was exciting, if that makes sense. I mean I had to stay up until midnight to book FP+ for a trip that I just hoped would still happen. And I wasn’t even really getting FP+ for things that I really wanted to do.

I’ve never really been crazy about the whole scheduling FP at 60 days out to begin with. I mean, I love planning our trips. And I like being able to find specific windows that fit our plans to schedule certain attractions. I just don’t think I like doing it at 60 days out.

I still have kind of a love/hate relationship with this new system. There are things I love, but there are plenty of things I hate. I’m having a hard time totally buying into and embracing the whole thing.

So I guess I should probably get to the point. Here’s a rundown of what we currently have schedule for our FP+ and a little explanation of what will most likely change.

Wednesday
9:00 – 10:00 Peter Pan
10:20 – 11:20 Enchanted Tales with Belle
12:35 – 1:35 Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Ok… our plan is to make it to the park in time for Rope Drop and ride Peter Pan standby so that we can see the new queue that we always miss because we use FP. But we’re going to be coming from the I Drive area so I’ve made that FP as a fallback. If we miss RD and there’s a line, we can use the FP. If we’re going to be there in time and we’re standing next to the train station waiting on the park to open, I’ll use a few moments of that time to get on my phone and change that PP FP+ to something else in Fantasyland.

ETwB was an obvious choice for DD. She enjoyed it last time and this is a trip about princesses, after all. We’ll do this right before we move on to our lunch ADR in the Beast’s castle. 7DMT is scheduled for right after lunch.

Whether we ride or not, I don’t know. DD is close on the height… I don’t know if she’ll make it or not. If she can ride, she and I will likely ride and then I might change DW’s FP+ and borrow her band to ride Space or something… or we’ll just change hers to something else and DD and I will get our 4th and we’ll move on.

If DD isn’t tall enough to ride, we’ll likely just cancel all of our 7DMT FP+ and use those slots to skip lines on the “lesser” attractions that DD likes to ride.

Thursday
Just a reminder that we’re planning to start our day in EPCOT. Where Soarin’ is closed. So we’re just going to skip FP+ in that park. Our afternoon will be in DHS so our FP+ are as follows.
1:10 – 1:25 Disney Jr Live on Stage
1:55 – 2:55 Toy Story Midway Mania
2:55 – 3:55 Tower of Terror – me only
3:05 – 3:20 For the First Time in Forever Frozen Singalong – DW & DD

We’ll be in EPCOT until our late “breakfast” ADR at Akershus at 11. We’ll leave EPCOT through WS and then either take the boat (most likely) or walk from International Gateway to DHS.

Disney Jr is kind of a throwaway… if we make it in time, DD will enjoy it. If we don’t, no big deal. We definitely wanted to make sure we ride TSMM.

Afterwards we’ll split up. DW and DD will head to the Frozen Singalong and I’ll head to Sunset Blvd. I’ll be honest. I’ve seen the Singalong. It’s a good show. I enjoy it and I love watching DD have a good time there. I’ll admit, I would kind of like to see it with them.

That said, Rock n Rollercoaster will be calling my name. I’ll use the FP to ride Tower of Terror and then walk this way until I’m in the Single Rider line for the best ride in the park. And if the single rider line is closed, like it was all day during our last trip, this might just be where I have my meltdown and things get ugly.

After we re-unite we’ll either spend a little more time in DHS or head back to EPCOT. I like Star Wars, but DW doesn’t. I’m not big on character meets, myself or grabbing a bunch of merchandise, so I’m interested to see what the new Star Wars additions to the park will entail. If there’s a fireworks show or something, we might hang around the studios to see that. If there’s something that seems really interesting to me, we might check it out. I would like to ride Star Tours to hopefully catch the scene from the new movie, but we’ll see. My guess is that the new additions will be mostly character meets and merch so we will end up taking the boat back over to EPCOT to enjoy an evening in the WS and Illuminations.

Friday
9:00 – 10:00 Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
10:00 – 11:00 Pirates of the Caribbean
11:20 – 12:20 Anna & Elsa M&G – DW & DD
2:00 - 1:00 Anna & Elsa M&G – me

Today has the potential to be crazy. It is the Friday of MLK weekend and the crowd calendar seems to indicate an exponential increase in crowds over what we’ll see on Wednesday.

I grabbed another 7DMT in case we want another ride. That is, if we actually got to ride a first time. We should have knocked out Fantasyland on Wednesday, so we want to get over to Adventureland for Pirates, JC, Aladdin’s Carpets and the Tiki Room. Pirates seemed crazy when we were there last year, so we’ll use FP there.

Our last FP for the day will be to meet Anna and Elsa. I was unable to obtain FP+ for all of us at the same time, but I was able to find an overlapping window from 12:00 – 12:20. We’ll probably grab some lunch, meet the princesses and then use our 4th FP+ the rest of the day to do other attractions and likely take a break for a couple of hours.

Not knowing how this trip will go, I’m leaving a little more flexibility. I hinted earlier at a surprise. That has been canceled. I had booked a Wishes Dessert party for Wednesday night, but I’m sure that DW will want to see MSEP at some point. We'd miss it if we're in the Dessert Party and the first MSEP isn’t until 9 on Friday, which will likely be too late for DD. Not to mention that Friday is supposed to be more crowded.

So I figured it might be in our best interest to watch MSEP from Town Square Wednesday night, and then step out onto Main Street to see Wishes. At this point, I’m hoping that we can get out of the park ahead of the crowds, because I’d really like to take DW and DD to the room and return by myself to ride BTMRR and 7DMT after dark during EMH… although Wishes is at 8 and EMH is only until 10.

Odds of this working out are probably pretty slim.

If we don’t get an afternoon break to unpack, I’ll likely have to forget even thinking about returning to the park.

Friday night though, the park is scheduled to be open until 12. I know that DD and DW will not last that late, so hopefully between Wednesday and Friday, I’ll manage to find some time to get my mandatory night time ride on BTMRR and maybe even a night ride on 7DMT.

I think this post has been long enough, but I have one more thing to add. I finally booked my room for Jan 8 when I arrive in Orlando. I chose to stay at Pop. Based on maps I’ve seen, from past years, I don’t think road closures for the Half Marathon should have too much impact on me getting out of Pop and over to I-4 so that I can get to Universal. I like this because I’ll probably take a bus from Pop over to DTD and maybe make a quick stop in at Jock Lindsey’s before I head over to the Boardwalk. I could also consider doing this on the return trip instead… or do it both ways. We’ll see.

Trips to Disney are wonderful things, and fast pass+ and the choices surrounding it make for interesting reading.
But...

Apparently nature decided for us. We were going to have 3 kids.

That right there is the only statement in the post that really matters.
Congratulations and best wishes to all of you.

Congratulations on your wonderful news! :goodvibes

Good FP+ choices. Stinks Soarin won't be open during your trip. I think that is going to effect a lot of people while it is down for so long. I think the update will be great, but since EPCOT really doesn't have a lot of rides and I think Soarin is the most popular, it's really too bad...

It sounds like you have some good plans rolling, and even though they may not all stay the same - you and your family sounds like you are going to have a great trip! I will look forward to reading about how everything goes!

Good idea for staying at POP as well - you can even walk over to AoA if you are feeling up to it! :thumbsup2

Trips to Disney are wonderful things, and fast pass+ and the choices surrounding it make for interesting reading.
But...
Interesting? You're too kind.

That right there is the only statement in the post that really matters.
Congratulations and best wishes to all of you.
Thank you!

Congratulations on your wonderful news! :goodvibes
Thanks!

Good FP+ choices. Stinks Soarin won't be open during your trip. I think that is going to effect a lot of people while it is down for so long. I think the update will be great, but since EPCOT really doesn't have a lot of rides and I think Soarin is the most popular, it's really too bad...
It really does take a lot away. I believe that is one of the few rides that DW would be able to ride while pregnant, too. If it weren't for our plans to eat at Akershus, I'm not sure we'd go to EPCOT. We'll most likely hit Spaceship Earth, Nemo, Living with the Land and Imagination and that will be about it. TT and MS will probably just get cut from any plans since I'd be the only one who could do them anyway.

It sounds like you have some good plans rolling, and even though they may not all stay the same - you and your family sounds like you are going to have a great trip! I will look forward to reading about how everything goes!
Thank you! I hope it all works out ok. I know we're going to have to be flexible so I tried to leave us some wiggle room.

Good idea for staying at POP as well - you can even walk over to AoA if you are feeling up to it! :thumbsup2
I've definitely considered this. And I might. But I do have a dinner ADR in the Boardwalk area and I have plans to meet a few DisDads Friday night for drinks. Pop is going to basically be a place to sleep for a few hours so I probably won't have time to do much exploring from there.

Congratulations on your new baby! Sometimes god just makes choices for us!

Your FP plans sound pretty solid. Your goal is to show your DD a good time and having some of your own fun as well and it sounds like you have a good mix of that.

I'm curious how the whole seasons of the Force plays out at WDW. The new scene in ST is cool. I've seen it about three times now. But do they have the SM overlay? It works great at DL because all of Tommowland is Star Warsed out. But with SM and ST in two different parks it seems weird. Perhaps they only have stuff in DHS.

Sounds like you're going to have a great trip!

Congratulations! That's wonderful news. Your fast passes look great. This will certainly be a special trip for your DD. I was pregnant during a Disney trip and needed lots of rest. If your wife is anything like I was then you should have no trouble putting them to bed and then heading out on your own. Congrats again. It's wonderful news!

Well, I've already passed on my congrats, but I'll do it again here.
Congrats on the baby news!!

I knew that our plans would be heavy on things DD would be able to and want to do.

Been there...

So I had no illusions of planning tons of FP+ for the rides I enjoy… you know the ones with a 40”+ height requirement.

.... done that.

Apparently nature decided for us. We were going to have 3 kids. This positive test was conveniently the same day as her annual OB appointment and so she was able to confirm the home test and was scheduled for an ultrasound about a week later. Conveniently, it was the day before I could schedule our FP+

Baby's are always so convenient, aren't they?

So basically, my FP+ experience was more of a chore than something that was exciting, if that makes sense. I mean I had to stay up until midnight to book FP+ for a trip that I just hoped would still happen. And I wasn’t even really getting FP+ for things that I really wanted to do.

I get it. But too bad. FP window day is supposed to be exciting.

Ok… our plan is to make it to the park in time for Rope Drop and ride Peter Pan standby so that we can see the new queue that we always miss because we use FP.

Perfect. That queue is really well done.

Just a reminder that we’re planning to start our day in EPCOT. Where Soarin’ is closed.

Almost no point in going then, since I presume you won't be doing TT.

So we’re just going to skip FP+ in that park.

Good plan.

And if the single rider line is closed, like it was all day during our last trip, this might just be where I have my meltdown and things get ugly.

Really!!?? I didn't know they closed that!

I hinted earlier at a surprise. That has been canceled. I had booked a Wishes Dessert party for Wednesday night, but I’m sure that DW will want to see MSEP at some point. We'd miss it if we're in the Dessert Party and the first MSEP isn’t until 9 on Friday, which will likely be too late for DD. Not to mention that Friday is supposed to be more crowded.

Too bad. But Wishes with or without dessert is awesome.

At this point, I’m hoping that we can get out of the park ahead of the crowds, because I’d really like to take DW and DD to the room and return by myself to ride BTMRR and 7DMT after dark during EMH…

I did that the first time we took the DDs when they were 4 & 8.
Worked like a charm.
Except I went and rode HM 3 times in a row.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter