• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Some FREE DINING Info & Guidelines

That may be optomistic as there are rumors about there being either NO free dining offered, or being offered only to Moderate & Deluxe, and even then a possibility that it will be QS only. Just sayin' ...

Free dining was started so WDW could fill the parks and resorts during the height of hurricane season. August/September is still the height of hurricane season and they will still need to fill those rooms.

I'm not sure where the rumor that free dining will be QS for all level resorts came from. Other than the fact they have offered that promo to UK visitors in the past, but the UK free dining offers have never had any baring on US free dining offers.

I don't know where the rumors came from but last year there were pins sent out for free dining. The offer was QS for value and mods and reg. DDP for deluxe. Our pin was for June. I have a guess that they were trying this out to see if they could still get people to book with just free QSDP.

I don't know where the rumors came from but last year there were pins sent out for free dining. The offer was QS for value and mods and reg. DDP for deluxe. Our pin was for June. I have a guess that they were trying this out to see if they could still get people to book with just free QSDP.

You're right there were some summer pin codes that had free QS for mods. But, the general public FD codes that were released after that and the FD bounce back offers were QS for values and Regular/Basic FD for Mods and Deluxe resorts. Generally pin codes aren't going to dictate what the general public offers will be. Anything is possible when it comes to Disney and their discounts, but I'm just not seeing the Free Dining situation as bleak as others.

I am certainly HOPING for FD as I have some friends going the end of September and it will really help them out. For them it is a matter of FD and 8 nights or 5 nights w/o FD.

Agreed, you never know with Disney. I am headed there May 13 myself & hoping to book a BB - whatever it may offer.

I think the August - September free dining dates will come out around April 25. There's and outside chance it could be May 16, but probably late April.

Woohoo!!! I hope you're right .... Trying to wait patiently. Do you have any educated guess on IF the promo IS for free dining, what the promo dates might be?

Also, a few threads back I think I saw you mention that you keep a Disney travel blog ... Would you mind sharing the link? I'd be interested in reading! Thanks!! :)

Woohoo!!! I hope you're right .... Trying to wait patiently. Do you have any educated guess on IF the promo IS for free dining, what the promo dates might be?

Also, a few threads back I think I saw you mention that you keep a Disney travel blog ... Would you mind sharing the link? I'd be interested in reading! Thanks!! :)

I think the late summer/early FD dates will probably be August 24 - September 24 or 28. If they really need to fill rooms it could be August 18 - September 24 or 28, give or take a day or two.

My travel blog is from the moms perspective of traveling with a large family and saving money. Disney and free dining are really only headliner topics on there about 3 or 4 times per year - but super hot topics nonetheless. I track and report historic and current discount info for many different travel companies, but I'm a Disney fan EVERY day :-) I don't really feel comfortable sharing my blog name or link on this forum. I've already been told on this board that it is "obnoxious" and "condescending" for me to even mention that I work for a travel site or blog about discounts like free dining. Just don't want to bring any negativity from people like that to my everyday work and life. Though I certainly don't think you would fall in that category :-)

I understand that .... I have no interest in judging anyone ... Just a pure Disney fan who likes to read up and plan!! :)

, I don't really feel comfortable sharing my blog name or link on this forum. I've already been told on this board that it is "obnoxious" and "condescending" for me to even mention that I work for a travel site or blog about discounts like free dining. Just don't want to bring any negativity from people like that to my everyday work and life. Though I certainly don't think you would fall in that category :-)

Wow I just don't understand ppl. This is a wonderful place to learn, get and give tips I never understood why some ppl feel the need to have not only such a terrible attitude but so demeaning of others sometimes on the forum! Such a downer!:confused3

So Sorry you had to deal with that!!

Wow I just don't understand ppl. This is a wonderful place to learn, get and give tips I never understood why some ppl feel the need to have not only such a terrible attitude but so demeaning of others sometimes on the forum! Such a downer!:confused3

So Sorry you had to deal with that!!

Thanks, that's so nice! :-)

It is nice to see people stick up for others on here! I am very new and have had both good and bad conversations. My very first day I had two different people jump me for my poor use of Disney Lingo... really people!? I didn't realize you could turn Disney into a cult;). Since then I have learned a lot from some amazing people who are always there to help. I have been trying to get some details about the free dining offer that "could" happen. If anyone gets any insider info hope you share quick!

Just an educated prediction. Most travel, discount, and Disney bloggers think that's the release date this year - a select few are predicting May 16.

I've also heard May from some ppl who are reliable sources but to me thats a really short window for someone going the end of August your payment is due around the 10th of July for your 45 day mark ! Uggghhh Disney is pushing it this year ! Lol

I've also heard May from some ppl who are reliable sources but to me thats a really short window for someone going the end of August your payment is due around the 10th of July for your 45 day mark ! Uggghhh Disney is pushing it this year ! Lol

I agree, but they have waited until May twice in the past to release the late summer/early fall discounts, so it's not unheard of. But that doesn't make the wait any easier :-)

It is nice to see people stick up for others on here! I am very new and have had both good and bad conversations. My very first day I had two different people jump me for my poor use of Disney Lingo... really people!? I didn't realize you could turn Disney into a cult;). Since then I have learned a lot from some amazing people who are always there to help. I have been trying to get some details about the free dining offer that "could" happen. If anyone gets any insider info hope you share quick!

I like to refer to them as the Dis police :lmao: But fortunately there are a lot more willing to help than those who criticize. You will definitely see info on free dining all over the boards when or if it is announced. :thumbsup2

I like to refer to them as the Dis police :lmao: But fortunately there are a lot more willing to help than those who criticize. You will definitely see info on free dining all over the boards when or if it is announced. :thumbsup2

These boards will BLOW UP! Free Dining release days are insane on these boards, especially when the general public codes are released :-)

These boards will BLOW UP! Free Dining release days are insane on these boards, especially when the general public codes are released :-)

Unfortunately so will the phone lines! I can normally avoid the phone and book on line but I will have to add it to my ressie so Ill have to call in! :scared:

Hopefully the TA line will be a bit better but we have had 90 min waits on the day discounts have been released! Oh crap I will have to add it for clients as well.. Well I better get a patient CM who will do a few transactions in one call.. I remember once they put a limit in the number transactions you could do in one call and then you had to call back..:sad2:

All in all it will be worth it for our trip and for my clients tho~ :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter