Solo Christmas Adventure Day 4 and Home Again

LadyGuene

Earning My Ears
It appears that I am not intended to have an early entry day. I actually woke up early and was ready to head to Epcot before 8:00. When the boat was ready to leave, they couldn't get the back safety latch to close, so we had to wait for another boat to bring someone to come fix it. It didn't take too long, but I wasn't early again! When I got in I headed up front and rode Spaceship Earth, ate breakfast at The Land, rode Imagination, and went to the computer stuff at Innoventions. It was raining at that point so Innoventions got pretty crowded, but I got to do some of the stuff. It is all pretty commercial, but some of it was interesting. Then I headed back to Germany for lunch and finished up with shows by Voices of Liberty, Off Kilter and British Invasion. They were all very good. Went back to the room and laid down for a little bit, then left for MGM to see the Osborne Lights. They were absolutely incredibly, unbelievable. Something that truly has to be seen to be believed. It snowed as you walked down New York Street and then the backlot was completely covered in Christmas lights. An amazing sight! Then I went back to the Boardwalk and had dinner at the Big River Brewing Company, sitting outside on the Boardwalk with a view across the Lagoon of the Yacht and Beach Club all lit up. I had salad and chicken quesadillas, which were quite good, and then had tiramisu for desert. It was wonderful. This is a restaurant that I have read less than glowing reports about, but I enjoyed it very much and will certainly return. Then headed to my room for an early night. Back to reality tomorrow.

And just to wrap up the last day: slept in a little and then headed for Disney Marketplace. did a LOT of shopping (Boy, did I spend money this trip!) and finished up my trip with lunch at Fulton's. Another restaurant that I have read some less than glowing reports about, but I thought it was delicious. The crab cakes were to die for! Light and fluffy, unlike any other crab cakes I've ever had. I also had a clam roll. It was great. Definitely a place I will be returning to.

For those of you thinking of traveling alone in the future, I have to say that this was a wonderful experience. I felt very safe and comfortable at all hours of the day and night in the parks, on the transportation and at the Dolphin. I never had a problem at a restaurant either with getting a PS, getting a seat, or being served. CMs were all very friendly, and I never felt out-of-place, even at a nice sit-down restaurant. I would encourage singles not to avoid the sit-down restaurants because they are alone. I am normally a person who brings a book when I eat alone and I never did that at Disney. I was so comfortable, there was so much to see, service was so prompt and there were always people to talk to - I never felt the need for something to do.

I have wondered what it would be like to spend time at WDW alone. Thanks for your thoughts.

You make me want to ditch the kids and dh and run off to Disney. I think you're right about feeling comfortable alone there. I wouldn't worry for a minute.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. :)

Lisa

<p align=center> <font color=#FF0000 font size=4> Happy Holidays</font>
gift41.gif

<A HREF="http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/lisatx/index.html" TARGET=_blank> <font color=blue font face="Times New Roman" >Visit my DISney website -
trip reports and scrapbook pages!</A>

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I am so envious...I would love to have 4 days to spend by myself at WDW. Maybe someday!

It sounds like you had a great time. I'm seriously considering a solo trip this Spring and was worried about feeling out of place. Your report really set that fear a running! It's so cool that you went to sit-down restaurants, that's half the fun of going to WDW. Now, how do I break the news to my dear teens that their Mother deserves a few days in Florida?

beachc.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter