So we're already up to 500 guests on the cruise. How many does the ship hold?

It is hard meet everyone. I'm not the best conversation breaker so I relied on DIS'ers wearing their name tags. Some didn't wear them all the time.

At some point, we will be able to assume that most anyone we see on the ship will be a DISer! Even without their nametags...

Spot on as usual Paul. It is hard meet everyone. I'm not the best conversation breaker so I relied on DIS'ers wearing their name tags. Some didn't wear them all the time. Especially at dinner. I'm generally not one one to walk up to someone and, "Hey, who are you?" :)

Sorry George. But, the hug and smile I got from you at the Poly Meet was the best ice breaker! :hug:

That's because you look so "scary" ;)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I am the "Shy" type around people I don't know, I don't usually go up to people and strike up conversations - Have to get to know you first. Being that I am getting to know all of you via the Dis and Facebook, I will feel like we are old friends when the cruise comes around and it will be easier to come up and talk to you all.

;):thumbsup2;):thumbsup2;)

At some point, we will be able to assume that most anyone we see on the ship will be a DISer! Even without their nametags...

By the end of the first one, that's what I was doing. Just talking to everyone like I'd known them for years.

Wow - now were over 600! Double the number of PCC 1.0. I think were going to need some larger venue's for the events. :boat:

I think I am going to be sad if the great quantity of podcast cruisers will dilute the quality of special events.

I hope I am wrong.

And I do look forward to meeting everybody. But how? I had over 400 people in my high school class and after four years I didn't know everyone!

I think I am going to be sad if the great quantity of podcast cruisers will dilute the quality of special events.

I hope I am wrong.

And I do look forward to meeting everybody. But how? I had over 400 people in my high school class and after four years I didn't know everyone!

It will be hard for us to meet everyone on a personal basis. I think it will be smaller groups of those of us, who we have become friends online getting together. I think the number, since the pricing was so favorable, includes several extended families of Disers who may or may not attend the DIS large group Events.

I'm sure the quality of the events will be the same as 1.0. I can't imagine the DIS crew having it any other way. Also, this is a great price for a cruise and at an extra magical time of year. I can't imagine not having a fabulous time on board. I hope I get to meet a good amount of you, but at 600+ now, I'm sure it's just physically impossible.

Above posters Tracey and Sam wrote "pricing was so favorable" and "great price for a cruise".

Actually, we are not getting any special lower group pricing. I think AskTracy has already confirmed this.

Just for the heck of it, I requested a quote from another travel agency for a cat 11 for our date sailing.

Exact same quote.
Plus
Bonus On Board Credit for Travel Agent Booking: $25.00
Travel *** Agency Onboard Credit: $50.00

From Dreams we are only getting the $50 onboard credit.

AskTracy, please chime in if you have anything to add.

Mind you, I am extremely happy being part of the Dis Podcast Cruise and know we will be getting plenty of bonuses. I am very happy to be part of the fun group. I am thrilled so many people are joining us.

I just can't figure why people think we are getting a special deal. :confused3

Above posters Tracey and Sam wrote "pricing was so favorable" and "great price for a cruise".

Actually, we are not getting any special lower group pricing. I think AskTracy has already confirmed this.

Just for the heck of it, I requested a quote from another travel agency for a cat 11 for our date sailing.

Exact same quote.
Plus

Mind you, I am extremely happy being part of the Dis Podcast Cruise and know we will be getting plenty of bonuses. I am very happy to be part of the fun group. I am thrilled so many people are joining us.

Hi Lyn

It used to be that Disney Cruise Line offered a small discount ($25 or $50 depending on the cat stateroom and sail date) for reservations booked within a group. That discount cobined with the fact that group space locked in the lowest tier pricing meant that group space was usually less than booking outside of a group at that time.

DCL has changed that policy and they no longer offer pricing discounts for being in a group, just the ability to lock in the lowest tier pricing possible.

The current $25 SBC DCL offers for online bookings cannot be combined with the group status of a reservation (DCL policy, not ours). So it is very possible that depending on another TAs SBC you could get a price as good as, or even better, than the group price and SBC we are offering for this cruise.

The difference, of course, is in the perks.

Obviously I can't tell you what those perks will be yet for our 2010 cruise, it's just too soon to even think about, but here's what podcast cruisers got last year all for the price of the cruise:

* The current SBC
* A welcome bag with tons of swag and snacks
* A party at Castway Cay complete with drinks and one-on-one character time
* Access to an exclusive seminar presented by the Disney Institute
* Access to an exclusive seminar presented by Lee Cockerell (complete with book and signing)
* Access to an exclusive live taping of the podcast
* A fairwell party complete with drinks

There were many other events given by DISers but this is what Dreams Unlimited Travel provided for being a part of the group.

I would expect that the next cruise would have similar but not the exact same things.

So for the price of your cruise (a little less that $1100 for 2 people in cat 11 I beleive) you're getting all that extra stuff for being a part of our group.

Dreams Unlimited Travel could have opted to not hold the group space for this sailing and priced all reservations out of 'regular' space. This would have allowed for opportunity for the online booking SBC.

We opted to lock-in the price and secure the space for our listeners.

Now, it turns out that wasn't really necessary as the price of this cruise has not yet increased, but if it does and we still have group space we can at least still offer the lowest tier pricing possible until we run out of group space or DCL take it away.

Lyn, if you don't feel that the 'potential perks' will be worth it and you'd rather have the extra $25 SBC another TA is offering you please just let Tracy know and she will cancel your booking and have DCL refund your money.

Obviously you have to booked through Dreams Unlimited Travel to have access to any of the DIS Unplugged events.

John

Exact same quote.
Plus

Try getting a quote for another sailing. This particular sailing was well priced. I know inside rooms get a $50 on board credit, verandas get $100. Besides that, you get all the Dreams Unlimited/DIS goodies. I can tell you that any single event hosted by DU/DIS (except perhaps the sailway get together) or gift given by them was more expensive than another $25 onboard credit.

Don't let John know this - but for the friends I made and the fun we had, I'd have paid Dreams DOUBLE what they charged me on the 1st cruise! ::yes::

John is a GENIOUS!!!! Don't tell him that!!! He will surely raise the prices then!!!

I would expect that the next cruise would have similar but not the exact same things.

Lyn, if you don't feel that the 'potential perks' will be worth it and you'd rather have the extra $25 SBC another TA is offering you please just let Tracy know and she will cancel your booking and have DCL refund your money.

Oh, no, John! I am totally onboard with the DIS crew!
Thanks for your well-explained response about pricing. I hope others will also understand the pricing better.

And, yes, the perks (unknown surprises!) will be more than worth it! I have great confidence in that.

I remember a year ago you or Pete saying that you were spending all your commissions and more on treating the cruisers ever so well. Plus all the cruises you gave away.

I am am most certainly looking forwad to seting sail with the many people I have met online. I only wish it was this December, not next December. Oh, the anticipation!

Oh, no, John! I am totally onboard with the DIS crew!
Thanks for your well-explained response about pricing. I hope others will also understand the pricing better.

And, yes, the perks (unknown surprises!) will be more than worth it! I have great confidence in that.

I remember a year ago you or Pete saying that you were spending all your commissions and more on treating the cruisers ever so well. Plus all the cruises you gave away.

I am am most certainly looking forwad to seting sail with the many people I have met online. I only wish it was this December, not next December. Oh, the anticipation!

I think what people mean by "this is a great price" is that this is a great price for a Disney Cruise. The pricing on 1.0 was higher than 2.0.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter