So we're already up to 500 guests on the cruise. How many does the ship hold?

John forgot to list the Palo brunch, to which each and every Dis-er was invited.

That brunch normally runs $15 per person. The Dis and Dreams Unlimited Travel picked up the tab for everyone.

For a party of two...that perk alone outdid the additional $25 shipboard credit.

John forgot to list the Palo brunch, to which each and every Dis-er was invited.

That brunch normally runs $15 per person. The Dis and Dreams Unlimited Travel picked up the tab for everyone.

For a party of two...that perk alone outdid the additional $25 shipboard credit.

And I ate enough to cover at least 3 people's worth! I made sure your money was not squandered, Kevin! :thumbsup2

Oh, my! The Palo brunch... YUM!!! It sounded just delicious!

I remember hearing how hard (challenging?) it was to pull off. The Dis team pulls off some pretty fantastic feats and you leave us expecting all that and more. I don't know what you have planned for POdcast Cruise 2.0, but I know it will be fantastic.

(Please understand, I am really not fussing about the extra shipboard credit from the other TA in any way. I am booked with Dreams and will remain a podcast cruiser! I really appreciate John's explanantion about the cruise pricing. One thing I have learned is the way WDW prices things is that there is little or no difference in price where you purchase the product. All the travel agencies offer the same thing at the same price. No "bargains" or "sales". But they each might add their own kind of "pixie dust". I know I am really going to like Dreams Unlimited's extras!)

Hi Lyn

It used to be that Disney Cruise Line offered a small discount ($25 or $50 depending on the cat stateroom and sail date) for reservations booked within a group. That discount cobined with the fact that group space locked in the lowest tier pricing meant that group space was usually less than booking outside of a group at that time.

DCL has changed that policy and they no longer offer pricing discounts for being in a group, just the ability to lock in the lowest tier pricing possible.

The current $25 SBC DCL offers for online bookings cannot be combined with the group status of a reservation (DCL policy, not ours). So it is very possible that depending on another TAs SBC you could get a price as good as, or even better, than the group price and SBC we are offering for this cruise.

The difference, of course, is in the perks.

Obviously I can't tell you what those perks will be yet for our 2010 cruise, it's just too soon to even think about, but here's what podcast cruisers got last year all for the price of the cruise:

* The current SBC
* A welcome bag with tons of swag and snacks
* A party at Castway Cay complete with drinks and one-on-one character time
* Access to an exclusive seminar presented by the Disney Institute
* Access to an exclusive seminar presented by Lee Cockerell (complete with book and signing)
* Access to an exclusive live taping of the podcast
* A fairwell party complete with drinks

There were many other events given by DISers but this is what Dreams Unlimited Travel provided for being a part of the group.

I would expect that the next cruise would have similar but not the exact same things.

So for the price of your cruise (a little less that $1100 for 2 people in cat 11 I beleive) you're getting all that extra stuff for being a part of our group.

Dreams Unlimited Travel could have opted to not hold the group space for this sailing and priced all reservations out of 'regular' space. This would have allowed for opportunity for the online booking SBC.

We opted to lock-in the price and secure the space for our listeners.

Now, it turns out that wasn't really necessary as the price of this cruise has not yet increased, but if it does and we still have group space we can at least still offer the lowest tier pricing possible until we run out of group space or DCL take it away.

Lyn, if you don't feel that the 'potential perks' will be worth it and you'd rather have the extra $25 SBC another TA is offering you please just let Tracy know and she will cancel your booking and have DCL refund your money.

Obviously you have to booked through Dreams Unlimited Travel to have access to any of the DIS Unplugged events.

John

John...

I thought I heard on one of the podcasts Lee Cockerell will be going on the cruise again. Is that true? I hope so as I would love to hear him speak.

That's still 20% of the ship though!

We're actually over 30% full right now (getting very close to one-third). Keep in mind that although the ship holds 2500, there are still just 877 rooms. So if capacity is based on the rooms being at capacity, we are not going to have 2500 people on the sailing. With people we currently have more than one quarter of the ships capacity.

So we have just over three weeks until Labor Day. My goal still has a chance. Anyone on the fence, get your request in. Just a few more rooms needed to reach my goal for Labor Day :)

Tracy, We are booking additional staterooms this week while we are on-board the Wonder! WooHoo!

We're actually over 30% full right now (getting very close to one-third). Keep in mind that although the ship holds 2500, there are still just 877 rooms. So if capacity is based on the rooms being at capacity, we are not going to have 2500 people on the sailing. With people we currently have more than one quarter of the ships capacity.

So we have just over three weeks until Labor Day. My goal still has a chance. Anyone on the fence, get your request in. Just a few more rooms needed to reach my goal for Labor Day :)

What is your goal? How many rooms are booked right now?

What is your goal? How many rooms are booked right now?

We need 20 more rooms to reach my next goal (first was to double the number of rooms, second was to double the number of people).

Spot on as usual Paul. It is hard meet everyone. I'm not the best conversation breaker so I relied on DIS'ers wearing their name tags. Some didn't wear them all the time. Especially at dinner. I'm generally not one one to walk up to someone and, "Hey, who are you?" :)
Hmmm. I don't know. Isn't this how we met?

LOL... yeah I posted that a little too early... I saw the people growth later. Hope you make it!

John...

I thought I heard on one of the podcasts Lee Cockerell will be going on the cruise again. Is that true? I hope so as I would love to hear him speak.

Yes Lee is going to be there.
And he brings his wife also.....

According to the 8/26 podcast we have now doubled the number we had for PCC 1.0. Wow!! :sail:

According to the 8/26 podcast we have now doubled the number we had for PCC 1.0. Wow!! :sail:

We doubled numbers quite a while ago. Doesn't look like we'll make my goal though of 300 rooms by Labor Day.

We doubled numbers quite a while ago. Doesn't look like we'll make my goal though of 300 rooms by Labor Day.

Hi Tracy. How's Bill doing these days? Send him our best. Have a great rest of the weekend. :goodvibes

Are any of the categories sold out yet at the initial tier pricing? Thanks.

Are any of the categories sold out yet at the initial tier pricing? Thanks.

At this time, no there aren't any categories that are sold out for this date at the initial pricing. I can't guarantee how long this will be the case, but right now it is.

There are very, very few Category 6 and Category 7 staterooms remaining available on the ship however.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter