• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So Many Desserts! A Rare QSDP Review w/ pics! 6/19-6/26 FINISHED!: Wrap Up 8/16

Hi DLR29 - it's lulubelle from the DL boards:wave2:

I just wanted to tell you I read your entire food review and loved every moment. As I have said before, you are such a talented and informative contributor on these boards. Thank you for all the detail and great pics. I hope we can meet up at DLR one of these days. :)

Thanks again and good luck in college. Our DD just finished in May and got her degree - she was on the five year plan but we didn't know that until the fifth year. ;)

Thanks again for such a comprehensive DR. It will really help us plan for meals on our Aptil 2011 trip. Defintely going to fit it Cosmic Ray's!

Thank you SO MUCH for this! We have the QS for just 3 nights our trip in December. I am so going to try Cosmic Rays as the chicken/ribs combo is more than enough for me to share with my DS2. Thanks again for taking the time to do this. So nice of you.;)

WRAP UP!

Hey everybody, I just wanted to finish this up and give you guys a summary of our experience. Overall, we were huge fans of the plan. It saved us money (about $100, but with the price increases, it saved us about $300), and the real benefit was not having to pull out the credit card at every meal. Using snacks for breakfast worked out great, and we even had extra snacks at the end to use for more breakfast items! So yeah, I highly recommend it! :cool1::cool1:

Now on to the evaluation. First we'll start with Food Quality. This is based on the taste, the temperature, the presentation, and the overall satisfaction with the food. In order, from best to worst:

1. Wolfgang Puck's Express
2. Sunshine Seasons
3. Flame Tree BBQ
4. Pecos Bills
5. Cosmic Ray's
6. Yakitori House
7. Toy Story Pizza Planet
8. Casey's Corner
9. Artist's Palette
10. Lotus Blossum
11. Backlot Express
12. Electric Umbrella

Now on to Food Variety/Uniqueness. This for the people who "don't want just burgers"...try these places out. I also took into account the amount of options offered at each place.

2. Sunshine Seasons
3. Yakitori House
4. Cosmic Ray's
5. Artist's Palette
6. Flame Tree BBQ
7. Lotus Blossum
8. Pecos Bills
9. Electric Umbrella
10. Backlot Express
11. Casey's Corner
12. Toy Story Pizza Planet

And finally, how about for those people reading but not on any dining plan? Here, I'll rank based on my opinion of the Value of each place IF someone were to be paying OOP. This takes evaluates price vs. quality.

1. Sunshine Seasons
2. Wolfgang Puck's Express
3. Yakitori House
4. Cosmic Ray's
5. Toy Story Pizza Planet
6. Pecos Bills
7. Artist's Palette
8. Flame Tree BBQ
9. Backlot Express
10. Lotus Blossum
11. Casey's Corner
12. Electric Umbrella

I want to thank everybody for reading. Hopefully I helped each and every one of you with something. If you have more questions just post them and I will be sure to answer them. My TR is still going so if you want to pop on over there, feel free. Otherwise, this is DLR29 signing off! :thumbsup2

Such a great dining review :goodvibes

Thanks so much for taking the time to post such an interesting and imformative report :thumbsup2

Great dining report!

Not many people are able to get through their complete schedule, and I thank you for being able to provide such a valuable resource which I will definitely think about when I'm on my trip. :)

Thank you so much for this report! I will definitely be eating at WPE next month!

WRAP UP!

Now on to the evaluation. First we'll start with Food Quality. This is based on the taste, the temperature, the presentation, and the overall satisfaction with the food. In order, from best to worst:

2. Sunshine Seasons
3. Flame Tree BBQ
4. Pecos Bills
5. Cosmic Ray's
6. Yakitori House
7. Toy Story Pizza Planet
8. Casey's Corner
9. Artist's Palette
10. Lotus Blossum
11. Backlot Express
12. Electric Umbrella

Now on to Food Variety/Uniqueness. This for the people who "don't want just burgers"...try these places out. I also took into account the amount of options offered at each place.

2. Sunshine Seasons
3. Yakitori House
4. Cosmic Ray's
5. Artist's Palette
6. Flame Tree BBQ
7. Lotus Blossum
8. Pecos Bills
9. Electric Umbrella
10. Backlot Express
11. Casey's Corner
12. Toy Story Pizza Planet

And finally, how about for those people reading but not on any dining plan? Here, I'll rank based on my opinion of the Value of each place IF someone were to be paying OOP. This takes evaluates price vs. quality.

1. Sunshine Seasons
2. Wolfgang Puck's Express
3. Yakitori House
4. Cosmic Ray's
5. Toy Story Pizza Planet
6. Pecos Bills
7. Artist's Palette
8. Flame Tree BBQ
9. Backlot Express
10. Lotus Blossum
11. Casey's Corner
12. Electric Umbrella

I want to thank everybody for reading. Hopefully I helped each and every one of you with something. If you have more questions just post them and I will be sure to answer them. My TR is still going so if you want to pop on over there, feel free. Otherwise, this is DLR29 signing off! :thumbsup2

:worship:Thank you DLR29 sooo much for the patience and time you spent here to write this very elaborated and detailed QSDP review! I've read this topic page by page (I subbed! ;) ) and it's one of the most helpuful I've find in the Disboards!:thumbsup2
:dance3:And this 'summ up' is incredible! I'll probably copy and paste this on my 'Sept planning thingies' together with the list of the snacks locations on the DDP and where to find cold snacks around the park (dole whip included! :woohoo:
See you around

what a great dining report! I so thank you for the time and effort you put into it and for the wonderful wrap up report. Did you notice that on all three lists, the same locations seem to come to the top?!?! Like cream I guess :confused3

MickeyMomOfThree, I am glad you volunteered to write a report. That means I do not have too huh? :lmao:

Honestly, my life is so darned complicated and the only break I get, such as it is, is at DW and not having to take picures, make notes and such would be a relief. Besides I know you will do a much better job than I any old way. :hug:

DLR29, set the bar mighty high. I have often lamented the lack of QSDP reports and this one proves what I always said, if you write one they will come and they surely have. Even as a frequent guest I am keeping this report where I can find it again when it gets closer to my time to go. Thank you!:worship:

Slightly Goofy

Have you checked out your count on this thread? Twice as much as one of the biggest one and many, many times more than most of the others.

You are a hit, a bit hit. We love you, we really love you!

Slightly Goofy

DLR29, I hope you have another trip in the works, not just cause we wish the best for you but we NEED another trip report! Please?:worship:

Slightly Goofy

Just found this and wanted to say THANK YOU!! What a fabulous detailed report on the QSDP. You made it seem very appealing and we are actually thinking of giving it a try. Thanks again!:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter