Snacking Around the World @ Epcot

tink9702

DIS Veteran
So on our next trip we want to snack/drink around the world. Mostly snack, but DH does want beer in Germany and I'm thinking of a margarita in Mexico. We also have two children so some stops are more for them! We are planning on splitting this up into two days - Canada to America then Mexico to Italy another day.

Here is what I know we want to eat so far. What else would you recommend?

Canada - popcorn for the kids?
UK - fish&chips
France - Les Halles for pastry or L'Artistan for ice cream (probably both and we'll share)
Morocco -
Japan - shaved ice (kids and DH love it)
America - funnel cakes

Italy - Gelato
Germany - are the paprika chips good? or a bratwurst & beer
China -
Norway -
Mexico - Nachos, tacos & margarita

I think you can get some some baklava in Morocco.
In China you could probably get some egg rolls or an iced tea slushee.

China pavilion has pork buns at the Joy of Tea kiosk. There's also some snacky Chinese food (potstickers, egg rolls, etc.) at the Lotus Blossom Cafe.

Baklava in Morocco.

Oops, I see someone beat me to it! :)

Canada - in the Northwest Mercantile store they sell some maple syrup candy and other Canadian made snacks
Germany - Caramel Corn from Karamell Kuche
China - Ginger Ice Cream
Norway - Cloudberry Horn, Schoolbread

First things first: France - Grand Marnier Slushie. Oh oh oh so good. :drinking1

I'm an outcast who doesn't get the schoolbread obsession. :confused3:confused3 I know, I know...

We typically skip to Germany for a beer & brat or pretzel. :thumbsup2

If you're looking for a sweet treat, I would save room for something yummy from Karamell Kuche in the Germany pavilion or the bakery in France.

Morocco has some great ice creams at the little shop beside the Spice Table- or you could see if you could get some appetizers from Spice Table if they have room. If you want something more substantial you can always order a side of naan bread to share at the CS place there.

China has an amazing strawberry oloong slush (no alcohol) for the kids. The also have various small bites at the Joy of Tea stand in the promenade. Or you can go into Lotus Blossom (CS) for a side of egg rolls if you prefer.

So on our next trip we want to snack/drink around the world. Mostly snack, but DH does want beer in Germany and I'm thinking of a margarita in Mexico. We also have two children so some stops are more for them! We are planning on splitting this up into two days - Canada to America then Mexico to Italy another day.

Here is what I know we want to eat so far. What else would you recommend?

Canada - popcorn for the kids?
UK - fish&chips
France - Les Halles for pastry or L'Artistan for ice cream (probably both and we'll share)
Morocco -
Japan - shaved ice (kids and DH love it)
America - funnel cakes

Italy - Gelato
Germany - are the paprika chips good? or a bratwurst & beer
China -
Norway -
Mexico - Nachos, tacos & margarita

Canada (kind of the Refreshment Area outside of Canada) CRONUT ... with ice cream - yum!!! I wish they would sell Beaver Tails as that would be an awesome Canadian treat!
Definitely 'yes' to the shaved ice (Kaki Gori) in Japan- it's a must do treat for our DD's every trip.
Enjoy!

China - pot stickers. Enough for everyone.
Germany - my husband would not let me post any recommendation about beer in Germany without suggesting the grapefruit beer. The stand near the lagoon has the shortest line (more like a popcorn stand - towards the overhang on the lagoon). Trust him.

Canada - get a cronut instead (croissant/doughnut)
UK - fish&chips yess!
France - Les Halles for pastry or L'Artistan for ice cream (probably both and we'll share) yess!
Morocco - baklava!
Japan - shaved ice (kids and DH love it) yes!
America - funnel cakes

Italy - Gelato yum!
Germany - are the paprika chips good? or a bratwurst & beer <--i would skip the chips and get brat and/or nudle gratin; plus carmel corn
China - egg roll? they have some delish CS options here.
Norway - school bread!
Mexico - Nachos, tacos & margarita <--yep!!

We are firm believers that the pretzels in Germany are far and away better than the other pretzels in the park(s).

As for Morocco, when we were snacking around the world, I followed the Avengers' lead and got shawarma. If you truly want to consider it a snack, it should be shared, but it's mighty good either way.

I would caution you away from the unique ice cream flavors in China. I think I opted for strawberry red bean or something similarly weird...because I generally like that sort of thing. I was severely disappointed, not in the flavor necessarily, but because it was basically packaged in the little peel-off cup that you get in elementary school cafeterias and frozen solid as a rock. I'd probably lean toward an egg roll or a Tipsy Ducks in Love beverage and then just spend a little extra time snacking in Germany or France. If you want ice cream, Italy or France would get my vote.

Wow, I'm hungry now...

Some great ideas for snacks in WS! We love to get carmel popcorn and some of the carmel bars at Karamell kuche in Germany.

If you are snackng around do you have to go into the restaurants and sit down or they have some quick service types for snacks with some things you mention? Asking as we will have kids with us but this sounds better to me than a full sit down lunch at one place. Thanks

We are planning to do this too. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! YUM!

If you are snackng around do you have to go into the restaurants and sit down or they have some quick service types for snacks with some things you mention? Asking as we will have kids with us but this sounds better to me than a full sit down lunch at one place. Thanks

Just about all countries in World Showcase have a counter service place where you just look at the menu, walk up, place your order and then sit down somewhere else. Canada is an exception - no counter service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter