Smartest thing I did on my last cruise:

MDennis28

Mouseketeer
Took a friend for her first cruise ever (my 7th and all on Disney). She will not wear a watch and no matter what, we were late to many meals and shows. I ordered room service for us the night before Castaway Cay. It was delivered right on time that morning. We ate as she finished putting her make-up on and we were able to leave the ship as soon as Leslie announced we were free to do so! Score! Happy dance to another fabulous day in paradise! Going to do this for all my future cruises now (with my DH)!!

Bring a Pirate Dress (and of course mermaid tail, but I'm getting a bright one this year so I don't have to wear the yucky yellow vest)

Bring my tiara and fancy lanyards.

The dumbest thing we did was not bring a camera to the DLounge Princess gathering. We didn't know the professional photographers wouldn't be there. Thanks to our Nice Lady who sent us our princess photos!

The other dumbest thing we did was go to IHOP the morning of port. STOOPID. Between car rental return etc we didn't get to port until almost 2.

...did what I wanted to do and didn't wait on anyone else and didn't care whether they were on time or not, there or not, happy or not, etc.

Bring a Pirate Dress (and of course mermaid tail, but I'm getting a bright one this year so I don't have to wear the yucky yellow vest)

Bring my tiara and fancy lanyards.

The dumbest thing we did was not bring a camera to the DLounge Princess gathering. We didn't know the professional photographers wouldn't be there. Thanks to our Nice Lady who sent us our princess photos!

The other dumbest thing we did was go to IHOP the morning of port. STOOPID. Between car rental return etc we didn't get to port until almost 2.

You'll still have to wear the yucky yellow vest...

Make new friends ! I just love to hear from all our country cousins in the new world and a few from the old also.

Smartest thing we did was:

Hands down it was having an open mind about being assigned to dine with another family! We absolutely LOVED our tablemates and spending time with them in the MDRs made our first ever cruise extra magical. So many fun conversations and our kids had a ball together. We closed down the dining room together many nights.:rotfl: Our families did different things and had different agendas during the days, and it was a lot of fun to come back together each evening and discuss that day's activities.:thumbsup2

Big hugs to our new friends!!:yay:

Best things we did:

Took the time to get to know our servers- we discovered that beneath the rather shy/serious demeanor was a very sweet and funny guy. We still keep in touch.

Made sure our room host knew how much we appreciated his work. We loved him! Towards the end of our 9 days on board he gave us a Magical Moment (private towel folding lessons plus some awesome gifts) and made sure we had yummy treats left in our room each afternoon. We felt very special to be chosen, because he had to make a lot of arrangements with his supervisor to be able to surprise us :)

ColoradoDisneyFreaks said:
You'll still have to wear the yucky yellow vest...

How did I know this would come up... According to the snorkel gear stand CM, it does not need to be inflated (I swim at lower depths with the reef) but is just for visibility. She asked if I had anything bright to wear but my tail was seaweed green and shells were no help. So I'm going to upgrade to a bright probably Hunter's orange tail. No one can miss that and I refuse to inflate anything that is going to cause me to float in the opposite direction due to the strong current. I swim under the water and save myself all energy of the current pushing me back in when I want to go out. I know its not am automatic but my bright tail should be even more visible than their yellow vest tacked to my waist. Visibility will be all I'm using it for. She asked for bright and I intend to deliver.

How did I know this would come up... According to the snorkel gear stand CM, it does not need to be inflated (I swim at lower depths with the reef) but is just for visibility. She asked if I had anything bright to wear but my tail was seaweed green and shells were no help. So I'm going to upgrade to a bright probably Hunter's orange tail. No one can miss that and I refuse to inflate anything that is going to cause me to float in the opposite direction due to the strong current. I swim under the water and save myself all energy of the current pushing me back in when I want to go out. I know its not am automatic but my bright tail should be even more visible than their yellow vest tacked to my waist. Visibility will be all I'm using it for. She asked for bright and I intend to deliver.

Please share your photos. : ) My DDs are obsessed with the mermaid tails. I am considering ordering them for Christmas. I think they would flip if they saw an adult using one on Castaway. They'd probably think you were one of Ariel's sisters and ask for an autograph. Lol.

Getting to know the crew, bringing gifts for them

Participating in the FE's

Doing a cabin crawl, getting to see other kinds of cabins. I now know I would be happy in pretty much any cabin onboard. Deck 1 and 2 are not scary now.

Booking my next cruise (the first night on board!!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter