slo’s WEDNESDAY 4/12 poll - Cats

Cats - Do you have any and how many? (M.C.)

• I’m a cat owner

Votes: 40 31.3%
  • I am not a cat owner

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • I have 1 cat

Votes: 16 12.5%
  • I have 2 cats

Votes: 23 18.0%
  • I have 3 cats

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I have 4 cats

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I have 5 or more cats

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • I was a cat owner in the past

Votes: 40 31.3%
  • I have never owned a cat

Votes: 26 20.3%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters
My cat will be 20 in August!!! She's always been a sweet, indoor cat and would always sit on our laps. Now she's a grande dame and commands us to her. She would be upstairs in the loft (her room) and meowed loudly for us to go sit with her. She will not come to us...lol

I love the photos - so cute!!! :love:
Thanks for posting them

I chose “other” as I have never personally been owned by a cat. I am allergic to some (itchy watery eyes) but not others. When I was a kid we had two, Mellow and for the life of me I can’t remember the others name. I do have a grandkitty Maggie and thankfully I’m not allergic to her so can stay with DD when I visit. In my eyes she can do no wrong which is funny because I’ve never been a cat person.

We have 2 sweet kitties! Just adopted them in January. They are 7 months old and just adorable. They're brother and sister. My kid loves space so their names are Betelgeuse and Luna! ;) We usually call Betelgeuse "beetle" or "beef" - don't ask. :laughing: I love nicknames for pets! View attachment 752700

We had our K.C. for 18 years. We've now had sisters Emerson and Lizzie for 6 years . They can't go more than an hour without sitting on a lap!View attachment 752703View attachment 752704

No cats here. Dogs in the past.

One thing I have never understood was the cat owners who let their cats outside, unattended, wandering the neighborhoods. When I see one of those wandering around, I always think I will be seeing it on one of the main roads, looking like a roofing shingle laying out there. I always feel sorry for those cats.

We have 2 cats. They are 11 and 9. I have had cats since I was 11. When I moved in with DH we each had a cat. Now we are on the second generation of cats after the first 2 lived long lives. My cats are indoor cats.

No cats here. Dogs in the past.

One thing I have never understood was the cat owners who let their cats outside, unattended, wandering the neighborhoods. When I see one of those wandering around, I always think I will be seeing it on one of the main roads, looking like a roofing shingle laying out there. I always feel sorry for those cats.
In the UK the majority of cats are outdoor cats.

My wife and I have had six cats over 41 years of marriage. None now as we are retired and want to be able to take off on a moments notice without worrying not only about finding someone to take care of the cat, but dealing with the stink eye for days after we come home.

I had a cat when I was a teenager into young adulthood (he died young for a cat at age 10), then I fostered several cats over the years for the SPCA and a private rescue. Then no cats for several years.

Now we have an elderly cat that we took in 2 years ago from a good friend of my in-laws who sadly had terminal cancer and couldn't care for her anymore. She has since passed, the cat is starting to have some health problems but she is still doing okay at the moment.

We have 2 rescues...brother and sister. The boy is almost all black and named Stout (aka Stouty boy) and the girl is a Tortie named Ginger (aka Gingy girl). They are sweet but not particularly cuddly. We felt we couldn't have taken one without the other as they were the last of the litter and had spent the most time together.

Before them we had a black cat named Ninja who was a snuggle bug. He lived through 3 dogs. When our last dog passed from Lymphoma and Ninja died unexpectedly 2 weeks later we decided no more dogs for awhile. We thought no more cats either but the house felt empty and these 2 desperately needed a place to live. They bring a lot of joy to our lives. I'm a big believer in indoor cats so that's what we have always done. I totally understand barn cats and warehouse cats and we actually have a warehouse cat where DH and I work who is spoiled to death (not our business and not our cat but everyone who works there visits with him throughout the day). I think that's a different situation. But the warehouse cat still lives in the office and the warehouse. He doesn't go out at all as we work on a main road with a lot of big trucks.

We have had cats but now our dog is terrified of everything so no other animals. The cats we had were so sweet and loving. My grandfather had a cat that was mean and I was afraid of cats as a child. My husband talked me into a kitten when we first married and he was THE BEST. I think cats actually do better as a pair (or more) so I get why people have multiple cats, although 20 is just nuts unless you have a Cat Cafe!

Had several cats growing up. My mom has always loved cats. Dh and I had one for about 12 years after we married.

But several of us are now allergic.

This is my son's cat he rescued from an ex and he had the cat in college. He moved home for this year and so did the cat 🐈‍⬛️.

She does not trigger our allergies as much as others cats. I can pet her and then wash my hands right away without a reaction.

She is about 9 years old. Definitely set in her ways, very different than any cat we've ever had, very much on a time schedule (must eat wet food at 7am and 6pm). Very vocal and hisses quite often for unknown reasons. Is indoor and outdoor- she's much less moody when she can spend time outside. We fear that she may have been mistreated as a kitten.

But she is pretty and has moments of cuteness and sweetness.
8EFA3D4A-.jpg

My grandfather had a cat that was mean and I was afraid of cats as a child.
My parents also had a feral cat that came indoors and was vicious. It would approach visitors and allow people to smooth it and then without warning flip over and sink nails and teeth into their arm refusing to let go. They would try to lift their arm away and the cat would remain attached. Then it would just saunter off.

I wouldn't say that I am a cat "owner", I do however live with a cat. :)

I only have one cat, because that is all she will allow any other cats to be around. She loves people, and is very affectionate. Unfortunately she absolutely hates other cats and will not tolerate them. After I got married, she has learned to live with a dog. She will tolerate the dog as long as the dog doesn't get too close to her. Over the past few years the dog has tried to get close and sniff her... it did not end well for the dog. Every now and then the dog forgets to leave the cat alone, and gets reminded. :rotfl2:

Had several cats growing up. My mom has always loved cats. Dh and I had one for about 12 years after we married.

But several of us are now allergic.

This is my son's cat he rescued from an ex and he had the cat in college. He moved home for this year and so did the cat 🐈‍⬛️.

She does not trigger our allergies as much as others cats. I can pet her and then wash my hands right away without a reaction.

She is about 9 years old. Definitely set in her ways, very different than any cat we've ever had, very much on a time schedule (must eat wet food at 7am and 6pm). Very vocal and hisses quite often for unknown reasons. Is indoor and outdoor- she's much less moody when she can spend time outside. We fear that she may have been mistreated as a kitten.

But she is pretty and has moments of cuteness and sweetness.
View attachment 752913
Awwww…..so cute! ❤️
Thank you for sharing.

We currently have four cats - Severus and Luna our Maine Coons, Loki our Pixie Bob and Hooper our Russian Blue.
Sadly we just recently lost two of our older Maine Coons - Arwen and Salem. Ours are all house cats as well - would never dream of letting them out. The two in the first photo are Hooper and Loki. The second photo is Severus. The third is Luna

Attachments

• 20230319_105856[1].jpg
    20230319_105856[1].jpg
    100 KB · Views: 3
  • 20211019_200009[1].jpg
    20211019_200009[1].jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20200419_185726.jpg
    20200419_185726.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 2
I wouldn't say that I am a cat "owner", I do however live with a cat. :)

I only have one cat, because that is all she will allow any other cats to be around. She loves people, and is very affectionate. Unfortunately she absolutely hates other cats and will not tolerate them. After I got married, she has learned to live with a dog. She will tolerate the dog as long as the dog doesn't get too close to her. Over the past few years the dog has tried to get close and sniff her... it did not end well for the dog. Every now and then the dog forgets to leave the cat alone, and gets reminded. :rotfl2:

She sounds exactly like mine. Is she a tortie?

My daughter adopted a cat a year and a half ago and it is the first time that I have ever lived with a cat. Most times I forget that a cat is in our house because she does not leave her cat tree in my daughter's room except for the necessities and barely ventures to the first floor unless she is pestering someone to feed her :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter