slo’s WEDNESDAY 4/12 poll - Cats

Cats - Do you have any and how many? (M.C.)

• I’m a cat owner

Votes: 40 31.3%
  • I am not a cat owner

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • I have 1 cat

Votes: 16 12.5%
  • I have 2 cats

Votes: 23 18.0%
  • I have 3 cats

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I have 4 cats

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I have 5 or more cats

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • I was a cat owner in the past

Votes: 40 31.3%
  • I have never owned a cat

Votes: 26 20.3%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters
No cats here. Dogs in the past.

One thing I have never understood was the cat owners who let their cats outside, unattended, wandering the neighborhoods. When I see one of those wandering around, I always think I will be seeing it on one of the main roads, looking like a roofing shingle laying out there. I always feel sorry for those cats.

The story is that my grandmother had a female cat that she let roam the neighborhood. It was constantly getting pregnant. My grandfather disposed of the kittens in a gruesome manner. Eventually mama cat got hit by a car.

Not now. Had a very sweet and smart cat for 19 years, who passed last year. Will likely get another one or two in the future. I also had cats growing up.

We have two, Wendy, 10, and Walter, who will be 1 May 5. I’ve had cats pretty much my whole life. I also love dogs, but our last one passed last summer at 16, and our lifestyle doesn’t support having one. II tend to have at least one cat the rest of my life…….01154F6C-200A-41B5-98D6-19E4392911EE.jpeg

Attachments

• 2C892FC1-35EC-401A-A9E8-BC0155A90106.jpeg
    2C892FC1-35EC-401A-A9E8-BC0155A90106.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 3
One thing I have never understood was the cat owners who let their cats outside, unattended, wandering the neighborhoods. When I see one of those wandering around, I always think I will be seeing it on one of the main roads, looking like a roofing shingle laying out there. I always feel sorry for those cats.
I had a Tom Cat that just wasn't meant to be an indoor only cat. I had intended for him to be indoors only when I adopted him, but somehow, he knew what outside was and he just had to be out there. He started spraying and peeing all over the house. When I started letting him out during the day, all that stopped. He would go outside while I was at work and would come in when I got home. He did end up getting hit by a car, which was terribly sad, but he was much happier in his 7 years as an outdoor cat then he would have been in 15 years as an indoor only cat.

We have 3 sweet kitties....Without thinking, I'd first clicked 4. We recently lost one our sweet kitties, and we're still not used to him not being here. Losing our sweet pets is so hard. Our 3 are various ages/stages: 12, 8, and under 1.
Have had cats all throughout my life, and can't imagine not having any!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter