Votes: 29 23.0%
  • I’ve never shopped at Target

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I’ve never shopped at Target - I don’t have one by me

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters
Target is great for a quick trip if I don't feel like going to Walmart. Their women's basics (tanks, t's, etc) are much better than Walmart's. I will pick up snack type stuff at Target from time to time but prefer to do my grocery shopping at Trader Joe's.

I average about once a month over the course of a year. But I might go two or three times in one month and then not again for several months.

It hasn’t been Tar-zjay in years.
Exactly this. I used to be able to wander around Target for a couple of hours and it was almost always a pleasant experience. Now it’s just a hot mess with no product on the shelves, higher prices and no clerks to be found. They’ve “remodeled” mine and it’s now a nightmare to navigate. I’ve gotten to where I avoid going rather than looking forward to it.

Maybe 2-4 times in a year. Meijer and Walmart are closer to me so I shop those regularly. I enjoy Target when I do shop there though. My pet peeve with them is they don’t do automatic checks at their registers, you have to write it out if you’re using a check. And yes, I still use checks😁

Yep our Canadian Target closed down years ago. It was close to my house so did go there but not much. Loved their seasonal stuff. We go there if we are in the U.S was there in January.

People here expected it to be like yours, same brands etc. but it wasn’t. Same as our Walmarts I love shopping in yours .

I think the last Target in Canada closed about 8 years ago. They only lasted a few years. I went once or twice, but preferred Wal-Mart. So no loss.
Biggest flop in Canadian retail history. :( It was a loss to me, considering what we were all expecting. We wanted the amazing American Target we experienced when we border-shopped, instead we got the horrible waste-of-space the Canadian experiment turned out to be, and lost Zellers in the process.

They almost never have what I need if looking for something specific. Other than the 5% gift card discount, I really don't buy much.

I only shop Target online since we don't have any physical stores anywhere near me.

Exactly this. I used to be able to wander around Target for a couple of hours and it was almost always a pleasant experience. Now it’s just a hot mess with no product on the shelves, higher prices and no clerks to be found. They’ve “remodeled” mine and it’s now a nightmare to navigate. I’ve gotten to where I avoid going rather than looking forward to it.

Yeah, the new direction for Target is disappointing. They used to have rules about how the stores were run: No stocking during business hours, no displays in the middle of aisles, no music or PA system, no loud scanners, it should smell of popcorn when you walk in the door. All of those rules, which were intended to differentiate them from the Walmarts and K-Marts, have been discarded. Now, Target is still generally more pleasant than Walmart, but they've slid quite a bit.

I don’t physically go to Target more than a couple times a year, but I order online at least once a month. They often have the refill cards for my prepaid cell phone and my internet hotspot on sale, and their prices on non perishable grocery items, like pasta, are much better than my local grocery. The nearest Target store is about ten miles from me, so it’s much more convenient to shop online.

I rarely shop at Target. There’s a Walmart in the next town over just 5 minutes away which is much easier than driving to Target which is about 15 minutes away especially during the summer when Cedar Point is open. Traffic on that road is horrible.

I honestly don’t understand the love for Target. It’s basically the same thing as Walmart, which I think gets a bad rap.

The closest Target to me is an hour away. I don’t remember the last time I went to it. I picked once every year but it might have been longer.

We maybe either go in or order online every few months could be more or less don’t keep track.

At least a few times a month. There’s one about 15 minutes away, in a convenient location that I pass all the time. There’s another much smaller one 15 minutes in a different direction, called Target Express. They give out good shopping bags for free. (There’s a plastic bag ban here; you are encouraged to reuse bags, and most stores charge for them.) I don’t like Walmart; the only one close is always a mess.

No stocking during business hours, no displays in the middle of aisles, no music or PA system, no loud scanners, it should smell of popcorn when you walk in the door.
I wish they had music. When it’s uncrowded, the silence is very noticeable. LOL, no popcorn here, we’ve got Starbucks coffee.

At least a few times a month. There’s one about 15 minutes away, in a convenient location that I pass all the time. There’s another much smaller one 15 minutes in a different direction, called Target Express. They give out good shopping bags for free. (There’s a plastic bag ban here; you are encouraged to reuse bags, and most stores charge for them.) I don’t like Walmart; the only one close is always a mess.

I wish they had music. When it’s uncrowded, the silence is very noticeable. LOL, no popcorn here, we’ve got Starbucks coffee.

When they get the newest remodel they get music - and it's the worst playlist of all time too. I'd rather hear nothing. Their reasoning used to go like this:

"When you walk into Walmart, what do you immediately hear?"
"BEEP. BLIP. BEEP. CALL FOR...."
"When you walk into Target, what do you hear?"
"..."
"Exactly."

The quietness made for a more upscale experience. That's why they would use walkie talkies instead of a PA and had a drop ceiling as opposed to the warehouse style. They have changed a lot since those days though, and not for the better.

Last edited:
I go to Target a couple of times a month. There are more Targets around than Walmarts. I used to shop Target's groceries but they have gotten expensive. More expensive than my local grocery stores. I like when they have the $5 dollar gift card deals, especially on skin care products. I also like the Target circle APP. Target shipping is also very good,/fast. I used to shop Walmart a lot more but it's not the best kept store and many times if I went for something, it wasn't in stock. Also, got tired of shopping on line. If I bought something on line from Walmart that was from a different vendor other than Walmart, I couldn't return it to Walmart, had to be shipped (and paid) via Fed Ex. I guess that's one reason there is a Fed Ex department in my Walmart right next to returns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter