Votes: 29 23.0%
  • I’ve never shopped at Target

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I’ve never shopped at Target - I don’t have one by me

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters
When they get the newest remodel they get music - and it's the worst playlist of all time too. I'd rather hear nothing. Their reasoning used to go like this:

"When you walk into Walmart, what do you immediately hear?"
"BEEP. BLIP. BEEP. CALL FOR...."
"When you walk into Target, what do you hear?"
"..."
"Exactly."

The quietness made for a more upscale experience. That's why they would use walkie talkies instead of a PA and hada drop ceiling as opposed to the warehouse style. They have changed a lot since those days though, and not for the better.
We’ll see. My local Target was remodeled with a major overhaul only about 5 years ago. They expanded the grocery section to include produce, refrigerated and frozen goods (which they previously didn’t have), among other changes, but it’s still silent.

We’ll see. My local Target was remodeled with a major overhaul only about 5 years ago. They expanded the grocery section to include produce, refrigerated and frozen goods (which they previously didn’t have), among other changes, but it’s still silent.

That's liek the older remodel. The music thing is pretty new.

Target and Target.com have been a pandemic blessing to Dad and I for sure as has Walmart.com. Target is 5 or so minutes away whereas the closest Walmart is a good 45 minutes+ away. We order at least once every month and a half or so on Walmart.com and I'd say a handful of times on Target.com during the year. Very grateful for both!

We go to Target A LOT, sometimes more than once a day. If you are not using the Red Card to buy Disney gift cards to buy everything Disney you are doing it wrong.

I chose once a week, but I almost never go inside Target. Their curbside pickup is the best thing ever!!

Once or twice a year, though since they do soda stream cartridge exchanges, that might increase. I don't really like it. Seems like Walmart with more attractive but still junky stuff. When my kids were little, I bought a bunch of clothes from them once, and they all fell apart. Maybe it's better now.

They carry the vitamins my wife likes, so about every 3 months when she needs more. Although she has now found a brand of Granola they is only available at Target and Costco, and since we don't belong to Costco, we may be going more often.

Maybe every other month.

Over 20 years ago DW wanted a new cookware set that was on sale at Target. They were out of stock so she got a rain check slip and they were supposed to call/e-mail when they got more. She’s still waiting.

I thought the reason Canadian Targets failed is because they didn’t sell fruitcake. :tongue:

Last edited:
Used to go very often, at least once/week, and used to use the pharmacy. Now barely once very few months, ,unless they are having a great special. we like our Target, and it's very convenient, but just use Walmart for general shopping. However, I do order online from the website every month or so. get the 5% off w the redcard, so still patronizing when they have the best deals.

I have a target about a mile from my house. Used to go a couple times a week and spend a lot of money there every month. All that changed a few years ago and now I do my shopping at Costco.

Love Target. I go in person a few times a month, and also shop online. I very rarely go to Walmart since it’s twice as far as the nearest Target, and I prefer Target anyway. We have so many near us. They have a 1 year return policy on their own brands which has come in handy, since I often buy their Cat & Jack brand for my kids. It fits them so well, especially the elastic or adjustable waist bottoms. I’ve gotten better quality clothing and accessories from Target compared to Walmart. They have sales often and good promos on Target Circle. Their dollar spot changes frequently and I like to stop by before a Disney trip to get them some fun activity/coloring things for travel. It’s also my go-to for teacher or birthday gifts and gift cards.

Well Targets and Walmarts aren’t the same here. The only Walmart I will go to is about 35 minutes away. There are a bunch closer that you couldn’t pay me to go in. There are a lot of Targets in the area and we go a few times a month.

Used to go all the time, but over the years the ones around me have gotten junky. Every time I go in stuff is all over the floors, the clothing displays are a mess, and they don't really have anything I want to buy. I go mostly to Meijer or Walmart, and Kroger for my groceries. I used to buy clothes there but their women's clothing has really gone downhill.

We went to one during Christmastime last year, and most of their Christmas stuff was either already sold out or they hadn't stocked it yet. Lots of empty shelves and pegboards.

A couple times a month. We have a small Target in our town and 2 regular sized stores with 15 minutes. Buy most of our household items ( Paper towels, tissues, etc,) along with toiletries & make-up. Only grocery item we buy regularly is cereal.
Not a fan of the nearby Walmarts.

Well Targets and Walmarts aren’t the same here. The only Walmart I will go to is about 35 minutes away. There are a bunch closer that you couldn’t pay me to go in. There are a lot of Targets in the area and we go a few times a month.
Same in my area .The 1 Walmart I would go to is about 20 minutes away, but 4 Targets are closer.

We shop in Target every twelve months when we're in Orlando on holiday. We are in the shop multiple times during the three weeks we are there. We're normally there in December and I love all the Xmas decorations - have to be very restrained - last time we had to pay for an extra suitcase :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter