Skipper Canteen ADR Watch

That's so sad. I really enjoyed the same day reservations and was hoping more restaurants would follow suit. That may be one we have to scratch off our list...

And the Skipper Canteen ADR Watch is complete!

tumblr_o6wq2mLEUC1qht7rbo1_250.gif

LOL, @ElenaJane !

Unbelievable that nearly 6 months ago, I was stressed when making my ADRs, thinking that I would never be able to get Skipper Canteen. And now, less than a week before I leave, I can *finally* make an ADR! Crazy!

But I have it. ADR made! What a relief! No more stressing about trying to get last minute reservations on the day.

As an aside, I would guess that the reason that Disney is finally allowing ADRs for this restaurant is that it didn't have the traffic they expected?

As an aside, I would guess that the reason that Disney is finally allowing ADRs for this restaurant is that it didn't have the traffic they expected?

Disney spent so long "training" everyone to make ADRs and making them feel as though they MUST have ADRs that they set themselves up for it.

I tried to get into Tusker House last minute one time and I was on the reservations site to check while we were leaving Safaris. I THOUGHT it would be easier to go over to the stand and ask for a spot. It was impossible for them. I had to get back on the site and schedule a reservation online for 10 minutes from them and then after about 5 minutes it showed up at the check-in computer. So even some restaurants can't handle walk ups the same.

I wish they could figure out a way to find a middle ground. At the very least the host/hostess should be able to access as many reservations as the customer can through the website. The hostess was amazed at how much availability was coming up on my phone....

Skippers is now taking reservations for the full 180 day window!!

Thank you for letting us know. I appreciate this heads-up that enabled me to get an ADR for my October trip. Your name may be "Cluelyss" but you were in the know ahead of me! :goodvibes

Disney spent so long "training" everyone to make ADRs and making them feel as though they MUST have ADRs that they set themselves up for it.
Exactly!

Thanks so much for the update post!!! As expected, I knew it'd happen at the worst possible time lol (we are in Vancouver waiting for Alaska cruise on the Wonder, trying not to use international data). Saw the email thread update and was able to find some wifi to book our October reservations!! Had to set up DH with a DME account - wouldn't take a reservation for 9 so had to split it up!

For those waiting, I can almost guarantee that the Rivers of Light package for October will also become available in the next few days given I'll have no connectivity for a few days while cruising and that's just how my life works, lol. :thumbsup2. If so, good luck!!

For those waiting, I can almost guarantee that the Rivers of Light package for October will also become available in the next few days given I'll have no connectivity for a few days while cruising and that's just how my life works, lol. :thumbsup2. If so, good luck!!

LOL, I think this is what they call "First World Problems". Enjoy your cruise! :boat:

And along similar lines, I'm off to wash my car because we need some rain.:car: ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter