Skipper Canteen ADR Watch

I was hoping that I could get an ADR for SC but since they are still only allowing walk ups I picked something else. If we have time we may stop in if there is a small wait but with the dining plan I didn't want to leave one point lingering without a plan the whole trip. :/

I was hoping that I could get an ADR for SC but since they are still only allowing walk ups I picked something else. If we have time we may stop in if there is a small wait but with the dining plan I didn't want to leave one point lingering without a plan the whole trip. :/

I don't blame you one bit. I'd feel the same way about it.

FWIW, I have not heard any reports yet of people having trouble getting a same day reservation, especially if you log in first thing in the morning. I've done it myself, and had ample times available to pick from. I'm not even sure how many people know they take same-day reservations at this point? But I do understand how it could definitely be a risk, especially if you're traveling with a large party.

FWIW, I have not heard any reports yet of people having trouble getting a same day reservation, especially if you log in first thing in the morning. I've done it myself, and had ample times available to pick from. I'm not even sure how many people know they take same-day reservations at this point? But I do understand how it could definitely be a risk, especially if you're traveling with a large party.

We have a group of 4 and our MK day has a CP early reservation before the park opens. We may go and see if they have time open for us but we don't want a point hanging over is the whole trip just in case. So we still have that other reservation just in case.

If I can't fit it in this trip I'll fit it in on the next trip in November.

Yea I doubt its an issue I just searched for today for a party of 6 and could still get a reservation at 8 tonight

So no buzz at all on this, huh? I would have thought it was just a delay in starting reservations, not a complete lack of them until day of. Kind of frustrating when they make us plan everything else 180 days in advance. Even the "secret" BOG ADRs were 30-60 days out.

Nothing has changed and I think the method is now working.
Last Sunday we got a same day ADR without any problem but they were too busy to take a walk up. The restaurant was full all day, which is a good sign. Now maybe that is unusual, I don't know. I'd guess that it is more the norm now than it being empty

I was there in April. I didn't like having to get up early on vacation just to make this reservation (which I did by phone), but I was glad I went, and I ended up liking the food a lot more than I expected. The décor and service were also excellent. All so much so, that I went a second time on the same trip, bringing more people, and trying some other menu items. While I feel that their "macaroni and cheese" dish would be better described with a different name, it ended up being my favorite entrée there. In spite of my original misgivings about the odd menu, it is now my favorite restaurant at the Magic Kingdom.

Last edited:
Menu is supposedly getting a facelift. Some of the items rumored to be moving to Tiffins (like the Head on Shrimp), so not sure if the new menu will roll out Memorial Day weekend as well?

We also got a same day reservation and while there they took walk ups. I would definitely wait for this restaurant. It is wonderful, and the same day is working. I wish they would do likewise with more restaurants.

ETA: we did not get up early. I got the reservation while on the way to MK. We are not rope droppers.

We also got a same day reservation and while there they took walk ups. I would definitely wait for this restaurant. It is wonderful, and the same day is working. I wish they would do likewise with more restaurants.

ETA: we did not get up early. I got the reservation while on the way to MK. We are not rope droppers.
Yeah, you don't need to get up early for the ADR. Unless you have a very specific time you can go.

I think the later in the day you go impacts on if they'll take walk up or not. We went about 8:30 last Sunday and they didn't have room for any more walk ups. But I'd guess if you went at say, 1:00 they would.

So no buzz at all on this, huh? I would have thought it was just a delay in starting reservations, not a complete lack of them until day of. Kind of frustrating when they make us plan everything else 180 days in advance. Even the "secret" BOG ADRs were 30-60 days out.
Just checking in on this thread and reading about 'secret' BOG ADRs.... I am not familiar with those, do tell please.

Just checking in on this thread and reading about 'secret' BOG ADRs.... I am not familiar with those, do tell please.
It's the old way they used to book BOG ADR. It was an invite only link that got out on the Internet so it was no longer invite only. That ended and it books just like all other ADR (except for Skippers)

It's the old way they used to book BOG ADR. It was an invite only link that got out on the Internet so it was no longer invite only. That ended and it books just like all other ADR (except for Skippers)
Thank you for the explanation. Wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something I should know about.

Yes, we knew we wanted to try this restaurant and we were having a pretty rough day. We decided to cut out early and we had 2:15 - 2:30 reservations for Skippers. It was a great way to end our day at MK. The most relaxed we'd been all day. As a matter of fact, we did get our reservations early (around 8) but I had been checking for a couple days prior and there were quite a few reservations open on each day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter