"Singin' in the Rain" umbrella question at DHS..... ?

cindyfan

DIS Veteran
Will that entire section be closed off for the construction?
Will they be relocating the umbrella?? That is one of our MUST DO photos every time we go!! It's been so great to see how my DD has changed over the years!

Is there a link to any map yet that shows where the construction begins and what is/or will be blocked off?

no one knows for sure but the list of things closing seems to indicate they will wall off the entire Streets of America, from Commissary Ln (Writer's Stop) all the way to the Coke Bottle

I would be fine with the entire Streets of America being torn down. Since it's no longer a "working studio" it just doesn't fit.

Josh at Easywdw posted a map showing the upcoming closed areas on his latest DHS blog entry. As Yulilin3 said, basically everything from the Writers stop to the back of the park.

hollywood_studios_map_touring_plan_closed.jpg

According to CMs in the Streets of America area, it will all be closed off, and they all have to transfer elsewhere.

I talked to a CM during the lights and she said that there was going to be something left to remember the Streets of America and the lights in the new area. Probably was something she just made up, but anyway, if they do leave like a part of a setup, maybe they would have the umbrella there. But I wouldn't count on it. Though it would fit in well near the Muppets area if they wanted to move it now.

Though it would fit in well near the Muppets area if they wanted to move it now.

I don't think it would "fit" in the Muppets area at all. There's no connection between Muppets and Singin in the Rain, is there?. But it would fit very well if it was put by the GMR. However I think it more likely that it will just be gone for good.

I don't think it would "fit" in the Muppets area at all. There's no connection between Muppets and Singin in the Rain, is there?. But it would fit very well if it was put by the GMR. However I think it more likely that it will just be gone for good.
The Miss Piggy fountain, the brick walls and stone street, it would fit in the area.

I could see it being relocated to "Hollywood Land" up front as it still fits that them .. somewhat.

If not, probably gone.

I don't think it would "fit" in the Muppets area at all. There's no connection between Muppets and Singin in the Rain, is there?. But it would fit very well if it was put by the GMR.
Agreed, since the scene is in GMR.

But they'd have to run a water line to it...maybe relocate it to between Frozen Singalong and GMR, since there's a bathroom nearby.

I would like to see them keep it, but don't really see where it would fit. It is hard to imagine what they are going for. Anyone else think it is really odd that Star Wars launch bay is so far from star tours?

I would like to see them keep it, but don't really see where it would fit. It is hard to imagine what they are going for. Anyone else think it is really odd that Star Wars launch bay is so far from star tours?
Launch Bay is only temporary until they get the land built. It was the only building large enough to house what they were going for

I am here now and I was hanging off of it this morning. Not sure in the future but it is still there

As stated by PP, do not count on anything being left from Streets of America.. That entire area is slated to be closed, demolished, and re-built as an entirely new land.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter