SICK and tired..... Spring break MOLD.....Diamond Horseshoe a must!

drken93

Earning My Ears
OUR Room smelled like mold and there was a leak under the sink ( from behind the wall) read on for details and conclusion.

We stayed Wed, 3/23 to Thursday, 3/31.. room smells are room smells RIGHT? not like home!

Let me start by saying I have been to WDW since there was just the Magic Kingdom. We have stayed on site with only a couple exceptions, and have stayed at mostly MOD to Value resorts to keep the cost down (always Preferred rooms $$) . (Not the point and it shouldn't be). We have NEVER had an issue with our room as we did Spring Break 2016!!! YES- over booked and YES crowded, still not the point, no biggie. read on...

Our vacation started out great ( as all of them do). Did Keys to the Kingdom, returned to ASmovies to drop off the youngest to her cheer team, and back to the kingdom. Find a place to eat was as expected.... impossible with out a resi. HOWEVER........ the liberty Tree stayed by was booked till 9:15 pm and it was around 5 pm. They kindly directed us next door to the newly opened Diamond Horseshoe ( buffet- family style) Great Food!!!! only 7 days open and there were some "bugs" but they did a great job to get them cleared up ( IMO). Get the Beef, BBQ pulled TURKEY is TURKEY not chicken or pork, so don't complain about it.

fast forward...
After a few day into the trip, we noticed that the carpet under our sink in the room was wet, we notified the front desk, figuring this was the cause of the smell in the first place, maybe it would get fixed. we went to the park and returned later that night to the same old smell and no apparent work on the sink. I call the front desk again and Maintenance came right over and determined there was no leaking sink and the problem must be behind the wall, he would step it up a notch and get some one on it asap. We got a call from the manager on site who told us that they determined that there was no health hazard present and we could stay there if we wished or move to a different room the next day ( pack it all up and wait for our new rooms to be ready and unpack it all- two rooms remember?) We were tired and just went to bed to sleep on it. The next morning, we started to feel "sick", thinking we were overdoing it a bit ( like anyone who is a Disney fanatic does). I ran into someone in charge of housekeeping and explained my issue and she stated she was just in our room and agreed that it doesn't smell right. She managed to get the carpet cleaned and the padding replaced under the sink area. THANK you for that, at least some one is trying. We thought it would help.... YEA!!!!!!- not.... The next day.....BOOM!!!! Feeling worse, we demanded to be moved ( just our room) laterally- no waiting- straight to a clean room, we packed, moved and headed to the nearest urgent care center for evaluation (side note: they tried to send us to pop century- REALLY?). I was O.U.T. out! for over 6 hours straight that day- sent the Kids to the parks on their own, ( little kids can move thru lines quickly if they yell MOM, DAD... Just kidding, my kids are older, hence the need for two rooms.) My wife and I turned up NEG. for the flu but took the medicine anyway. Still sick today 4/4

Mold spores are not a thing to push under the rug so to speak.

That night, WDW ASMovies booked the very same room we left because of possible mold. All about the bottom dollar? Could be.

WDW - DID comp us one night. But did not do enough to fix the problem since they rebooked that same room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter