Show off your door!!

Here's a collage of our doors from the 2/16 Fantasy cruise. Except for the pink pirate hat ears, all are my own designs (well, a couple were other things that I adapted.)

Door collage by DarthTod, on Flickr

Love the door DarthTod! We were on the same cruise, didn't see your door, we're you forward? We were in 10654, pretty far aft. Next cruise I'll try what you did, a different door each day!
Still having trouble figuring out how to post pics...thinking I need to switch from the iPad to the computer to be able to do it...

Ok, here is our door from the 2/16 Fantasy cruise.

B149F1CA-C2BF-40D3-A665-49BE50D4CF67-596-00000163D2482EA7_zpsbd1449f3.jpg
[/IMG]

Close ups:

625EDC91-0078-4580-84C2-6BBA2265EE60-596-00000163D69080DE_zps25a8c3ed.jpg

A9AD4E62-ADDA-4014-B8BD-8BC6C117C1D4-596-00000163DBA3D9DD_zps2f338380.jpg

30D1B293-9CE6-466D-B0DC-1D69F64301F8-596-00000163DD86DA3F_zps0fe2e3a7.jpg

And these are the magnets I made for my cousins door...

0CE2D279-9BAC-4B7E-A97F-BA95523CC7B2-596-00000163DFBA9CF9_zpsde0fc86b.jpg

C7629E09-E44F-4BF5-A4FA-222EBA29270C-596-00000163E1ABCF0E_zps416581b1.jpg

Hope you like them!

I used Milliepie's directions for making my own name fills in Microsoft Word, using WordArt, that was so easy and really fun to play with! I also personalized a lot of blank templates that she had on photobucket. But, my all time favorites are the tickets Milliepie made for us, one each for our day at WDW, the cruise, and our names with the Fantasy cutout!

erinsmom03 said:
Love the door DarthTod! We were on the same cruise, didn't see your door, we're you forward? We were in 10654, pretty far aft. Next cruise I'll try what you did, a different door each day!
Still having trouble figuring out how to post pics...thinking I need to switch from the iPad to the computer to be able to do it...

We were port side, more amidship.

It's a bit of a trial to post from the iPad. I push to Flickr using the app, then open Flickr in safari to get the bbcode, and paste that into messages.

On your average Disney Cruise, what percentage of doors are decorated? Less than 10%? Between 10% and 25%? or more than 25%?

Thanks.

I just was on the Disney Dream March 3rd thru March 7th and saw no decorated doors at all...but I did not go looking for them either. I did get a cute magnet put on my door from DVC people showing we were DVC members.

We were port side, more amidship.

It's a bit of a trial to post from the iPad. I push to Flickr using the app, then open Flickr in safari to get the bbcode, and paste that into messages.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that next time.

Hmmm, we were starboard aft...I think there were more doors decorated in the forward, did you think so too?

erinsmom03 said:
I used Milliepie's directions for making my own name fills in Microsoft Word, using WordArt, that was so easy and really fun to play with! I also personalized a lot of blank templates that she had on photobucket. But, my all time favorites are the tickets Milliepie made for us, one each for our day at WDW, the cruise, and our names with the Fantasy cutout!

Where did you find the directions?

THANKS! For the metallic, my husband spent countless HOURS cutting them out. He found the bow designs for the ships, put them into Photoshop, and tinkered with them. He then printed them out, cut them out, then began the painful process of cutting out of the gold/silver. The gold is actually iron-on paper found at JoAnn's. I did the actual assembly/sewing. It took weeks. :flower3:

love your fish extender. Love the design.

I had someone print the Mickey Ears for me but they are 11 1/2 by 12. I have 3. Will they fit on the door?

How is everyone cutting some of these intricate shapes out and laminating them? Are you cutting by hand, or using a Cricut or other machine?

I used magnetic paper from Office Depot on my home laser printer. Worked great, no lamination.

The artwork is gorgeous, have printed them out at home but am finding they do scratch easy (used photo paper) and then magnet paper to give them substance, the actual magnet paper won't fit through my printer. Any good tips on getting them to the ship and home again for the next cruise with the least wear? Wax paper between or any other suggestions? We do have to fly so I know they have to go in the checked luggage which will be tossed around. Thanks for any tips or suggestions- anything that has worked well for anyone! I'd be devestated if they arrived dinged and scratched as they are so pretty right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter