• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shipping package to port - packing slip - how detailed?

jabrony76

Earning My Ears
Hi All,
Preparing a package to be sent to Port Canaveral and wondered for those that have sent, how detailed does the packing slip need to be? I'm shipping Fish Extender gifts so it's quite a mix of magnets, towels, bead necklaces, and all kinds of other stuff.

Should I itemize everything or summarize the contents as misc non-food gifts?

I've never sent anything, but I will bump this for you in case someone who has did not see your post! Good Luck and Happy Cruising!

I literally write down the inventory of the box. Everything packed inside. No mysteries. I write a quantity number then the item description:

4 - handmade journal books
4 - pens
6 - highlighters, assorted colors
2 - Tervis tumbler cups w/lids

You get the picture. Just make a quick list. I place the folded list into a ziplock and tape that securely to the exterior of the box. Easy peasy.

I wrote a list as well with everything that was in the box. I didn't write how many of each though. The list was in an envelope taped to the box and it was never removed or opened. I would just simply list everything like suggested above.
Also if you are mailing for your trip in 3 months that is in your signature I believe DCL has a specific amount of time before the cruise you can mail the box and not before that point. It has been a while since I mailed a box for our last cruise so you will want to call and double check, but I believe the time frame was so the box arrives no more than 2 weeks before sailing.

When we sent a box our list was not as detailed. Just the types of items, not a specific list of each item. So like: "Crafting supplies" or "Kids clothing." they want to know if there is food. They MIGHT want to know about scissors and things. Other than that, I don't think they care TOO much. We had no problem with our package arriving and being given to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter