Sheraton Vistana Resort vs. Vacation Villages at Parkway

Lisa_M

DIS Veteran
Between the above two, which would you pick and why? Currently, I have exchanged with RCI into Vistana, but after reading another thread I'm wondering if I made the wrong choice. It said on my reservation page that room requests couldn't be made more than 4 weeks out, but on another thread it said that RCI guests couldn't make requests. Anyone know?

mods could you move this to the main hotel forum please? I didn't mean to post this here.

I have a timeshare with RCI and have stayed at both resorts.

I vastly preferred Vacation Villages at Parkway. After reading some reviews on TripAdvisor I was really worried about staying there, but the worries were totally unfounded. I LOVE Vacation Villages! We stayed in one of the "older" buildings (#5) and the rooms were gorgeous. The only downside that I saw was that they were pushy about us attending one of the selling sessions, even though we already own. When we checked in we had to listen to a 5 or so minute lecture from a sales guy in order to get our parking pass. Every night after that for 3 nights they left a note under our door to come get our "free gift" but we ignored them and had no problems!

The resort has two types of rooms, A and B. We stayed in an A side room, which had a kitchen living room/dining area, big bedroom with jacuzzi (and lots of closets), and a pretty big bathroom. We also had laundry in the room. A "2 bedroom" unit is really just the A side and B sides booked together so beware of that. If you have kids staying in a second bedroom they will actually be a pass-key protected door away. The pools were ridiculously warm and they had towels there to be checked out. Hmm... what else. The only night we had a problem with parking was when we came home around 3AM from the shuttle launch. Even then, we only parked a building over from ours. Internet in the rooms is wireless for a fee (I did the $10 for 24hrs package), but they also have a free internet cafe upstairs from the check-in building. The resort is right on 192 so there are a TON of places to eat in the area and a grocery store and Walgreens in walking distance.

I stayed at Vistana 5 or so years ago so I don't remember as much, but I do know that I wasn't nearly as impressed with Vistana as I was with Vacation Villages. Things very well could have changed over the last five years, though! If you have any more questions about VV feel free to let me know! I can answer while all the info is still fresh in my mind (we just got back a little over a week ago :sad2:)!

I've also stayed at both. I loved both for different reasons.

The VV@P rooms/unit are gorgeous with the newest and best appliances. I had a week in a 1BR- B unit because it was only my 9yr old DD and me. Like staying at high-end hotel. We had spent the week previous at Silver Lake (not impressed with SL). The only thing which I didn't like about VV@P was it was a high rise "apartment" vs. the lower rise like other timeshares which meant up & down the elevators 15 floors to go to the pool, out to the car etc.

Vistana was really great too, Lakes unit 2Bdroom (we had 4 adults & 1 kid) older in style than the VV@P but with the balcony's that overlooked the pool and parking outside the unit (down 1 flight of stairs) was good. The grounds at Vistana are luscious and are great for walking around. It definately has a better "resort" feel and the units feel more like home. There are more pools at Vistana so it doesn't feel like your share it with tons of people. You will want to stay in the newer or refurbished units there. I think it the older (Spas) sections are the one that were getting the worst reviews on TripAdvisor. I called ahead to the resort directly to request the Lakes section.

My DD liked VV@P the best out of all the different Orlando timeshares we stayed at. For me it, it really would depend who is going with me. I'd easily stay at either one again. If I wanted purely on the decor of the units- VV@P wins hand down. Both are in great locations to WDW.

Hope this helps!

I just booked a villa at Vistana Villages because it is closer to Seaworld and I got a slightly better rate.

I was leaning toward the Vistana Resort because it seems to have more amenities/activities for the kids. Then I realized that we probably wouldn't use them anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter