Sharing table service credits

GretchenMcVan

Earning My Ears
Hi! Question. Can we share a table service credit? For instance use one table service credit, pay for an appetizer out of pocket and split the entree and dessert? I've seen both yes and no.

It honestly depends a bit on the restaurant. Obviously, not any buffet or AYCTE, or a dining package. Some restaurants like Via Napoli would not allow you to split an individual pizza with a DDP credit.

It honestly depends a bit on the restaurant. Obviously, not any buffet or AYCTE, or a dining package. Some restaurants like Via Napoli would not allow you to split an individual pizza with a DDP credit.
So, if we go to say the wave, we could just order one dinner, use one credit, and pay out of pocket for an appetizer?

You can share (use 1 TS credit to feed 2 or more people) at most TS restaurants where you order from a menu. We have done it at many restaurants. The only TS restaurant that has consistently enforced strict rules when using dining credits is Via Napoli. At VN, you cannot use one credit to feed 2 people. With a credit you can order the individual sized pizza, but you cannot combine credits to order a larger pizza or you can use a credit to order a non-pizza entree.

You cannot share and everyone will be charged a credit or pay out of pocket at buffets (e.g. Biergarten, Boma, Crystal Palace), family style all you care to eat meals (e.g. Garden Grill, 'Ohana), the dinner shows (Hoop De Doo, Spirit of Aloha Luau, Mickey's Backyard Barbecue), fixed price venues (e.g. CRT, Akershus), dinner packages (e.g. Candlelight, Jungle Book, Fantasmic), special events (e.g. dessert parties, F&W special dinners and events), and the Family Platter at Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Can I ask a question on here instead of starting a new thread.... would it be ok at VN to use 1TS and then order an entree salad? DH and I are going for lunch and wanted to share a pizza and salad but only want 1 dessert since we are also going to a TS for dinner too! I know VN doesn't let you share individual pizzas, but if we buy another entree out of pocket will they care if we split both??

I have read that buffets are eAch a table service credit.
Except for vn. Same with signature?
Thanks so much for the response. The travel agent we booked through wasn't sure.
She also said I would be able to book Adr faster than her?

Can I ask a question on here instead of starting a new thread.... would it be ok at VN to use 1TS and then order an entree salad? DH and I are going for lunch and wanted to share a pizza and salad but only want 1 dessert since we are also going to a TS for dinner too! I know VN doesn't let you share individual pizzas, but if we buy another entree out of pocket will they care if we split both??

If both of you order entrees you will be fine. VN will let you share anything if you pay OOP, which you might want to consider, depending on how you have your credits planned.

If both of you order entrees you will be fine. VN will let you share anything if you pay OOP, which you might want to consider, depending on how you have your credits planned.

Thanks so much. Right now, our plan is to pay completely OOP for VN; however, depending on how we eat at other places, we may have a credit to use there. So, I wanted to make sure that if we did, I would be able to share a pizza if we bought another entree. I didn't think they would care as long as we bought another entree, but people on here talk about how strict they are about people sharing with the DDP.

Thanks so much. Right now, our plan is to pay completely OOP for VN; however, depending on how we eat at other places, we may have a credit to use there. So, I wanted to make sure that if we did, I would be able to share a pizza if we bought another entree. I didn't think they would care as long as we bought another entree, but people on here talk about how strict they are about people sharing with the DDP.

For clarification, what people mean about VN being strict is that VN doesn't allow one TS credit to feed two or more people. They will allow SHARING (two people share their meals with each other) of meals, they do not allow SPLITTING (two people split one meal) of meals for those on the DDP. If everyone orders an entree, they have no problem with the table sharing back and forth.

For clarification, what people mean about VN being strict is that VN doesn't allow one TS credit to feed two or more people. They will allow SHARING (two people share their meals with each other) of meals, they do not allow SPLITTING (two people split one meal) of meals for those on the DDP. If everyone orders an entree, they have no problem with the table sharing back and forth.

That makes perfect sense... Thanks for clarifying.

A is so much for the answers.
I can make reservations on Thursday!
But am wondering if it would be faster for the travel person to do it.
When we have gone before the travel person always does the adrs, I just tell her about the time and place.

A is so much for the answers.
I can make reservations on Thursday!
But am wondering if it would be faster for the travel person to do it.
When we have gone before the travel person always does the adrs, I just tell her about the time and place.

I think that is up to you. It sounds like your TA doesn't want to do it, so I would be making my own. It is time consuming, so I understand why she doesn't want to do it.

Anyone who accepts being told by a restaurant that says an oop payor may split a meal but a dining plan customer cannot is sad..No restaurant can tell me that I cannot just order a drink while members of my party order entrees etc... And, no restaurant will ever tell me I cannot have a piece of my husband's pizza that we paid for..dining plan or not. Let them tell me one time that dining plan customers " are different than paying customers" wow.I would love to address that with anyone...We've done this for a few years at VN. I've never been confronted or have we ever been told anything when I shared my husbands pizza and I have never been forced to use a credit at VN..not sure who is serving the ones who have.. If they are paying for our meal..different story, but they are not so as long as I'm paying..regardless FD, dining plan, cash or credit card..I will be treated equally...(Buffets excluded of course).

Last edited:
Hi 3Smithboys. My husband and I are going to Disney in December for our first trip without kids! We are so excited!!!

Have fun!!!! We can't wait! It's out first time too.... so excited - not sure what we are going to do with ourselves... lol... Our trips have always been centered around making sure the kids were happy; not having to worry about them will be a new experience!

That makes perfect sense... Thanks for clarifying.
Yes they do..I've done it many times while on DxDP. I order a drink and eat 2 pieces of hubby's pizza..I dont share anything that comes served all you can eat such as rolls or salad..im.not being cheap..I cannot eat but 2 slices and I will not walk around epcot with pizza nor will I waste it.. I tell the server right up front..and I will not be treated differently because I purchasedon't Disney dining plan..in 8 instances never an issue

Yes they do..I've done it many times while on DxDP. I order a drink and eat 2 pieces of hubby's pizza..I dont share anything that comes served all you can eat such as rolls or salad..im.not being cheap..I cannot eat but 2 slices and I will not walk around epcot with pizza nor will I waste it.. I tell the server right up front..and I will not be treated differently because I purchasedon't Disney dining plan..in 8 instances never an issue

Thanks... That's good to know too. I'm hoping to just be paying OOP there anyway, so we don't have to even worry. It's only if we have a left over credit to use that we will be using it there.... but if we do and we're not starving. I'm not going to worry too much over sharing vs. not sharing... I'll just see what happens, I guess!

Sharing at B&C has also been reported in the past as not allowing sharing on the DP

I'm not a tough guy, im not cheap, I'm not a rule breaker by any means ..I tip, I am not a needy guest, i order my own beverages paying oop .i
keep my table neat...I've been sharing meals for years on FD and DxDP including VN...but for all those saying they weren't permitted to share... who literally tells you to "not take a piece of your family's pizza" and who actually would oblige by such a ridiculous command.. Who monitors you? Why would anyone accept being told they cannot share a meal that you paid for? (Buffets excluded of course). Who would order an entree because they were told they had to knowing you cannot possibly eat but one piece of pizza?..does anyone find this unbelievable?..it's your money... if any CM in the future..manager or not...tries to enforce this...simply ask if you are intentionally being treated differently for purchasing the Disney Dining Plan...in 8 visits to VN on the DxDP, I have never ordered my own entree or used my own credit because hubby's portion is huge...I also always share hubby's app and dessert. I never share anything that's refillable..i.e. rolls/salad/bread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter