Share your fastpass plus experience with the parades and fireworks, please

We did MSEP and Illuminations during March 27th-April 1st. We loved it, so worth it!! The Illumination one was the best! You are front and center, best view I've ever had! It also helps that my mother was using a scooter and they had a small handicapped section that was not crowded for either. We arrived about 15 mins before the start and we're right against the rope for MSEP and right against the fence for Illuminations. Definitely would do again!

It definitely doesn't have room for everyone to get single file along the front. We were at least 30 minutes early and sat down right at the edge of the curb, but by the time the parade started most of the crescent moon area on Robo's map above was full.

So about how many people would you say this area could fit?

We did MSEP and Illuminations during March 27th-April 1st. We loved it, so worth it!! The Illumination one was the best! You are front and center, best view I've ever had! It also helps that my mother was using a scooter and they had a small handicapped section that was not crowded for either. We arrived about 15 mins before the start and we're right against the rope for MSEP and right against the fence for Illuminations. Definitely would do again!

All it takes is for the wind to change, literally, for any fixed viewing location around WS Lagoon to go from great to poor. This is a major reason why I don't recommend FP for Illuminations. That, and the fact that you only need about 15-20 minutes before showtime to get a good viewing location without FP.

So about how many people would you say this area could fit?

Honestly, I'm not sure and I would hate to speculate. I was in the front facing away from everyone else in the area. I did look back a few times and saw that people were in place at least back to the lamp posts around the Partners statue but I didn't get an idea for how many people were there.

Pretty much SRO I believe.

We were actually seated on the concrete going back around 5 people deep. We even stayed seated throughout Wishes with all the people in front of us seated as well. But from what I've read you can't count on that every night.

There are benches in the Hub around the statue and some face the castle but I doubt on most nights you would be able to see from them with people standing in front of you.

We were actually seated on the concrete going back around 5 people deep. We even stayed seated throughout Wishes with all the people in front of us seated as well. But from what I've read you can't count on that every night.

There are benches in the Hub around the statue and some face the castle but I doubt on most nights you would be able to see from them with people standing in front of you.

Poor answer on my part. I meant pretty much no place to sit, excepting the ground.

I liked the Rose Garden for Wishes. I brought a blanket so everyone sat with legs stretched out. Nice not having anyone bump you. As you arrived you are put at the back of everyone that arrived before you as though it were rows of seats. We're going again May 10 and Wishes FPs not available yet. From what I can tell they are available through 4/30. I'm an AP holder so I can only book 30 days out. I have our room reserved but that's less than 4 weeks out.

I liked the Rose Garden for Wishes. I brought a blanket so everyone sat with legs stretched out. Nice not having anyone bump you. As you arrived you are put at the back of everyone that arrived before you as though it were rows of seats. We're going again May 10 and Wishes FPs not available yet. From what I can tell they are available through 4/30. I'm an AP holder so I can only book 30 days out. I have our room reserved but that's less than 4 weeks out.

I like the blanket idea - considering that myself now.
Did you notice if our Glow with the Show ears would work in the Rose Garden or is it only hub and main street?

If I have FP+ for MSEP, can I simply follow the end of the parade, along it's route, to the bump to watch Wishes?

Thanks for starting this thread, OP. :) I've been on the fence about using one of my FP+s for the Festival of Fantasy Parade at MK or not. I'm sure the viewing area is good & it's nice to get a spot for it just 15 minutes before the parade. But unless they open it up on or before May 4th allowing more than 3 FP+s in one day, I'll use my three on attractions & take a chance w/a parade viewing spot.

Yes! -So after 53 of checking, I got the parade FP+
Yes! - Every single day I check the weather, partly cloudy 10% chance rain
No! - Night before, complete forcast change Thunderstorms all day 50% - 80%rain
Yes! - Concierge moved me to POTC at 10Pm that night to 4PM FP+
No! - Very cloudy, no rain all day
No! - 10 AM FP+! for parade now all gone (I was hoping they cancelled parade)
No! - Parade still on schedule
Yes! - Walked through the gates at 3PM not expecting to see the parade, still some seats on the interior of the hub facing Tony's (not great but what the heck?)
Yes! - watched a beautiful parade, definitely worth waiting for AND then went on POTC

So was it worth it? Still no idea, but I can tell you it was beautiful and worth waiting for if you don't want to give you your FP+. Even our less than stellar seat I thought it was gorgeous and worth waiting for. The parade came down Main St. so we could only see what was right in front of us and it was still just lovely.

Robo - where can you get last minute spots even if they aren't perfect? Even the worst seats in the house are still worth it.

I think I would actually enjoy the Wishes one. Mainly because DH proposed to me in the Rose garden back in 2006 during Wishes. So I am going to try to get this for one of our upcoming trips before the rose garden is gone.

- where can you get last minute spots even if they aren't perfect? Even the worst seats in the house are still worth it.

Deep in Frontierland, between Country Bears and where parade exits MK.
In Liberty Square, near Hall of Presidents.
Right where the parade enters MK, near the Barbershop and the Firehouse.

MK_ParadeRoute_092609.jpg

I can talk about the Festival of Fantasy and Wishes.

FF is in the hub facing the castle. No seats but you can lean on a railing. People either sat on the ground by the rope or leaned on the railing. No problem seeing the parade from either vantage point.

Wishes, you sit on the grass at the right side. Tinkerbell flies right over your head. It is not the optimal spot but you dont' have to hold it for 2 hours. You can get there in time for the projection show too. It was very pleasant. No crowding and you can sit if you dont' mind sitting on the grass. Dont' know how this will change with the construction, and it's not the best place for bad weather.

The rose garden is in the hub.

I thought the FP+ location for wishes was on a hill by the rose garden - I wasn't clear in my question. There is a post somewhere with a map showing the location of the wishes FP+ spot and it is not in the hub.
So does anyone know if the glow with the show ears work at the wishes FP+ spot?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter