Share your fastpass plus experience with the parades and fireworks, please

Bete

DIS Veteran
Will you all be kind enough to let us know what areas you get to be in to see the parades and fireworks.

I know one person may not be able to tell us all of it, but please add what you can, here.

I know with the Candlelight Processional dinner package you get special viewing for Illuminations. Is this the same area you get for fastpass plus to see the fireworks?

Thanks to all.

Just bumping as we're booked with fastpass+ for Illuminations and Fantasmic!...Hoping to get Wishes if it's offered.

Has anyone who has been give their experience?

Where do you "check-in," where is the location, did you enjoy it pro's con's.

TIA!

Just bumping as we're booked with fastpass+ for Illuminations and Fantasmic!...Hoping to get Wishes if it's offered.

Has anyone who has been give their experience?

Where do you "check-in," where is the location, did you enjoy it pro's con's.

TIA!

I'm surprised nobody has responded to this yet. I have the same question. Specifically, was the Illuminations FP+ worth it????

I'm interested in where you go to set these up, none of my options were for any of these shows.

I'm interested in where you go to set these up, none of my options were for any of these shows.

When you go to select the park to make Fastpass selections, if the show that you are looking for is available, it will show up in the list with the rest of the attractions. I don't see Wishes available right now but Fantasmic I do see. ;)

Now I do not know too much about the other shows but having participated in Fastpass+ two weeks ago, we selected Wishes as one of our choices. The area was near the Rose Garden and a CM stood there with their scanner to read the MagicBands before allowing you to enter the cleared grass hill that only those who had access were allowed to enter.

IMO, it was a great spot and worth the FP+ selection because everyone was there sitting on the grass or a blanket and the view was pretty close to the castle and it became the highlight for our anniversary trip. It wasn't direct front view of the castle but it was worth it.

Hi, I recently used FP+ for Fantasmic! and the MSEP. Of the two, MSEP was the most beneficial.

For Fantasmic!, you will be seated in the section to the left of the very center section, and the dinner package people have the middle section and the section to the right of it.

For MSEP, you are put into a roped off area that covers about half the central hub and faces the castle, it was very nice to have this as seating around the hub had been taken for over 2 hours in advance by regular guests.

I didn't do the Illuminations FP+, but I know that is behind one of the gift shops on the side of the lagoon as you first enter world showcase from future world.

Hi, I recently used FP+ for Fantasmic! and the MSEP. Of the two, MSEP was the most beneficial.

For Fantasmic!, you will be seated in the section to the left of the very center section, and the dinner package people have the middle section and the section to the right of it.

For MSEP, you are put into a roped off area that covers about half the central hub and faces the castle, it was very nice to have this as seating around the hub had been taken for over 2 hours in advance by regular guests.

I didn't do the Illuminations FP+, but I know that is behind one of the gift shops on the side of the lagoon as you first enter world showcase from future world.

Matt - if we wanted to save a FP+ - think we could stay in our MSEP FP+ spot for Wishes? Or is it worth getting a second FP+?

Matt - if we wanted to save a FP+ - think we could stay in our MSEP FP+ spot for Wishes? Or is it worth getting a second FP+?

I am not of the opinion that this area is good for Wishes viewing. It's a little too close to the castle for me. YMMV.

The Wishes FP+ isn't worth it, I felt bad for an Asian couple who had reserved FP+ for both and actually left the viewing in MSEP to go to the rose garden...

However, I don't think the MSEP area is actually prime viewing either, it's a little too close to the castle for my liking and some fireworks are blocked off behind the castle. I didn't move positions though because I was tired and I was coming back to MK in a few days without a FP+ and would just get a better viewing then.

What I would do is watch the parade from the FP+ area and then walk against the crowd out of the hub towards Casey's to "the hump" for prime viewing location, unless you don't like walking against the crowds. It shouldn't be too hard to do this as EVERYONE seems to be trying to get as close to the castle as possible.

The Wishes FP+ isn't worth it, I felt bad for an Asian couple who had reserved FP+ for both and actually left the viewing in MSEP to go to the rose garden...

However, I don't think the MSEP area is actually prime viewing either, it's a little too close to the castle for my liking and some fireworks are blocked off behind the castle. I didn't move positions though because I was tired and I was coming back to MK in a few days without a FP+ and would just get a better viewing then.

What I would do is watch the parade from the FP+ area and then walk against the crowd out of the hub towards Casey's to "the hump" for prime viewing location, unless you don't like walking against the crowds. It shouldn't be too hard to do this as EVERYONE seems to be trying to get as close to the castle as possible.

IMO, the parade one is definitely worth it and if you can't stand crowds and want something that actually feels special then the Wishes one is worth it.

We really enjoyed both of these FP+ selections and have done them multiple times.

I found the Illuminations one to be the biggest waste of a FP and left a comment at GR about it, not to get anything but to give immediate feedback. We only tried this to see what the area was like so for us it wasn't a big deal but I would have been upset if I gave up a real ride for that.

Thanks to all three of you who responded! Very helpful and much appreciated info!

Hoping someone can help with this. We are 59 days out. I made all of our FP+ selections yesterday but did not see Wishes viewing area as an option. Last few trips, we had a "perk" viewing area from AAA and we really wanted to use a FP+ to avoid the mad stake out process. All along CMs were telling me it would be available to select at 12:00 am, 60 days out. Up at midnight, no option to select :furious:. I called at 7 am and she recommended I try to book Tomorrowland Terrace dessert option. Yeah, right, 60 days away - nothing available.

Does Wishes follow the same 60 days prior or is it a shorter window?

Question 2: When first planning this, last year and hearing back then that 3 fp+ only would be available, my strategy was to make reservations later in the day and make sure my gang was at rope drop every day to take advantage of early times for high priority attractions. NOW, I hear that the limit of 3 may open up to allow more, day of, after the first 3 are used. But there is no timetable to that. Any buzz on this and when it might be in place?

Thanks

I have not heard this happening anytime soon. I was talking to Disney yesterday to ask about using 2 remaining FP at a different park and was that was not possible either and that that could not be done at the park either. She did say they were working on an option to be able to park hop the FP+ though but not that it would be happening soon

Hoping someone can help with this. We are 59 days out. I made all of our FP+ selections yesterday but did not see Wishes viewing area as an option. Last few trips, we had a "perk" viewing area from AAA and we really wanted to use a FP+ to avoid the mad stake out process. All along CMs were telling me it would be available to select at 12:00 am, 60 days out. Up at midnight, no option to select :furious:. I called at 7 am and she recommended I try to book Tomorrowland Terrace dessert option. Yeah, right, 60 days away - nothing available. Does Wishes follow the same 60 days prior or is it a shorter window? Question 2: When first planning this, last year and hearing back then that 3 fp+ only would be available, my strategy was to make reservations later in the day and make sure my gang was at rope drop every day to take advantage of early times for high priority attractions. NOW, I hear that the limit of 3 may open up to allow more, day of, after the first 3 are used. But there is no timetable to that. Any buzz on this and when it might be in place? Thanks

Wishes opens up later, as mentioned in the green link in my signature.

I had to check every day for 53 days for my date to show up for the Parade.

I don't know why a CM would tell anyone it is there at 60 day's. For Months Mesaboy's thread on FP+ has said that is is 30 days or less for those FP+.

You have to pick your three FP+ at 60 days with the idea one is going to be sacrificed when they show up as an option. So every day I would go to the website, elect to "CHANGE" my POTC experience and then scan the list to see if it shows up. With less than a week there it was. I'll let you know how it goes.

I am not of the opinion that this area is good for Wishes viewing. It's a little too close to the castle for me. YMMV.

Here's a map that shows the FastPass+ reserved locations.
The MSEP FP+ area ceases to be "reserved" after the parade passes.
Regardless, it is too close to the castle, which blocks the view of many of the
major fireworks.
If you choose FP+ for MSEP only, I've included red arrows to show where to MOVE
for viewing Wishes (and Celebrate the Magic) right after the parade passes the parade FP+ reserved area.

Hub-ParadeampWishes_112913_zps5a24c014.jpg

Thanks for the info...I can breathe a little easier and will just check back daily until our trip to (hopefully) grab Wishes. Yes, I don't know why the CM I spoke with couldn't provide that info as well. In fact, she actually took the time to go into each day of our visit (after I told her I already did that) and check for herself.

We had FP for MSEP and Wishes; we were in the spot at the tip of the Hub closest to the castle during the parade. As soon as the parade ended all the space around us filled in and we decided it was too hard to move to get to the Rose Garden for Wishes so we stayed put. It was a great location for the parade and the castle projection show (much better than what I saw previously from the Dessert Party) but as other have said some of the fireworks were hidden behind the castle. But I doubt that it's much better from the Rose Garden.

Could you please tell me how early you had to arrive for your reserved spot for MSEP? Does everyone get to stand(or sit)on the curb or do some have to stand behind others?

Could you please tell me how early you had to arrive for your reserved spot for MSEP? Does everyone get to stand(or sit)on the curb or do some have to stand behind others?

It definitely doesn't have room for everyone to get single file along the front. We were at least 30 minutes early and sat down right at the edge of the curb, but by the time the parade started most of the crescent moon area on Robo's map above was full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter