• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shaping up for 2.0

I am starting week five of my one and a half mile walk finished by 7:00 AM. Think it is a habit yet? Think I will be able to keep it up when it is dark and cold? Stay tuned...

I still do another two - three miles walking after work and weights at the gym twice a week. Water aerobics start this week, so that will swap for a couple of the evening walks.

And my Monday morning weigh-in! Down 2.5 pounds from last week! Maybe I have broken the pound a week average I had for thirteen weeks?

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hey gang,

This the first chance I have had to log onto the boards since I updated the thread nearly two weeks ago. :(

Work and school are kicking my behind and to make matters worse, they have decided to pick now to crack down on internet use at work.

I haven't forgotten you guys at all, yet it seems I have forgotten how to exercise. :confused3 :headache:

Hi everyone!

No change in the scales this week. I am still walking 2.5 - 3.0 miles a day.

Congratulations Lyn on your 2.5 lb loss this week.

I've been MIA over for a while, but I'm back to some good eating and working out. Ran 12 miles over the last 4 days and some good workouts too. Hopefully the scale shows up the work even after a week in NYC eating poorly.

I can't wait for the boys to start school so I can get back to the gym!
Next week and I will be back at the gym.:thumbsup2

So my Mom went into hospice 07/28 and passed away 07/31. I did fine with WW while she was IN hospice, but the day after she died, I needed garlic fries. Immediately. :guilty:

I have spent the last month fighting to get back on track.

I was at 14.6# lost so far when this all started.

I gained 2.8# the first week.

I lost 2.4# the next week.

Then a week where I stayed the same.

Then I gained another 1.4# puitting me at a loss of 12.8.

That's when I got mad. Not at myself. Not at the program. Not even at the food I'd been eating.

But at the 15# loss mark.

It was RIGHT THERE - eluding me week after week...

I held on to that anger all week and used it to stop from eating things that would keep me from achieving my goal.

That brings us to today's weigh in.

I lost 3.8# for a total of 16.6 lost!!!!!!

I kicked Weight Watcher's butt! :cool1:

Now, if you'll all excuse me - I'm going to DISNEYWORLD!!!!! :banana:

Jaime, I am sorry about your Mom. She died just a couple weeks after mine did. Makes for some weird, but temporary, lifestyle changes. Takes some effort to stay on track. But you are working on it, and so am I. Keep it up. Our Mom's would be proud of us.
Missing our Moms, Lyn

Wow, Jaime, that's awesome!

For me, it was something similar, but it's the 50 lb mark. It's totally mocking me. I had a similarly stressful month :hug::hug: and had the ups and downs. I had a really good week a couple weeks ago, but had a small .8 gain this past week. If I lose exactly 1 lb, I will get to 50 lbs. lost.

But for some reason, I feel like I'm just not pushing myself to get there, and I think I need a good swift kick in the butt. :laughing:

Well, this week I did it.

What did I do? I lost 1.2 lbs. So what? That means...

I lost 50.2 lbs total!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

It's been such a struggle to get past that barrier. Woohoo!

More dancing bananas!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Lori, that is fabulous. I don't know where or when you started. But it is a milestone to celebrate. (but not with food!)

Your achievement makes me realize that while some people think I am fit because I can walk and hike and bike ride and do water aerobics, I am still carrying around more than I should be. And if I took off my own 50 extra pounds, then I could climb to the top of the mountain at Acadia without having to stop to catch my breath as often.

This group is giving me inspiration. I have great hopes for slowly taking the weight off and keeping it off so I will be in REAL FINE SHAPE by December 2010!

This has been posted elsewhere. And PCCers joining?

Biggest Loser 8 Fall Challenge -- for losers and maintainers starts 9/11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a note to let you know that the Biggest Loser 8 Fall Challenge starts on Friday, 9/11. Here is a link to the sign up thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2275974 It's a sticky at the top of the WISH boards.

This is a 14 week challenge. We have a new component in our challenge this time -- a team for maintainers. The maintainers team will strive to keep within 2 pounds of their goal weight.

If you've ever wanted to be a part of a Disboards BL challenge -- this is your chance!

Hope to see some of you joining us!

Well, I thought I would try "Biggest Loser 8 Fall Challenge" on the W.I.S.H board. But I don't think so. Way too many posts to wade throught.

Still want to hear from people and share encouragement here.:woohoo::yay:

Hi All, I Haven't posted in a while. I been relatively busy and have had limited board time, but I have continued my walking at least 2.5 miles a day - 5x a week.

My weight has been fluctuating up and down, but I have broke a mile stone this week. I lost another 1.8 lb putting me over the 25 lbs lost mark and 1/4 the way to my ultimate goal of 100 lbs.
:woohoo: :banana::banana:YEAH!!!:banana::banana::woohoo:

did 70 minutes in the gym today, 40 minutes of hard yard work and just got in from a 2 mile jog :banana: ....and now I need to go collapse in the shower :rotfl:

Congratulations on the progress. :woohoo:

I took it easy today, maybe a little too easy. Easy workout in pool, easy bike ride. No long walk.

Tomorrow starts another week - aiming for early morning walk every day!

Hi All, I Haven't posted in a while. I been relatively busy and have had limited board time, but I have continued my walking at least 2.5 miles a day - 5x a week.

My weight has been fluctuating up and down, but I have broke a mile stone this week. I lost another 1.8 lb putting me over the 25 lbs lost mark and 1/4 the way to my ultimate goal of 100 lbs.
:woohoo: :banana::banana:YEAH!!!:banana::banana::woohoo:

Very nice! I have to lose over 100 lbs, so I try to think of it as one week at a time. I'll have losses, and I'll have gains. But as long as I'm heading in the lower direction, I'm ok. Keep it up! :hug:

I get up and dress mostly in the dark and in my sleep. It didn't look out the window to check the weather - it was dark!

Got outside this morning and realized it was raining! Grabbed umbrella from car and went for two mile walk.

Hooray for me!

Now, what will I do when it is dark and rainy and cold?!

I get up and dress mostly in the dark and in my sleep. I didn't look out the window to check the weather - it was dark!

Got outside this morning and realized it was raining! Grabbed umbrella from car and went for two mile walk.

Hooray for me!

Now, what will I do when it is dark and rainy and cold?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter