• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shaping up for 2.0

Thanks Lyn. He got home about 3am. Broken elbow, fractured shoulder, and a possible fractured wrist. I'm taking him to the orthopedic dr this afternoon for an eval and cast.

By the way, Cinnaminson is a great town.:thumbsup2 That's where my in-laws live.

Cynthia, Sorry to hear about your husbands fall. Sidewalk cracks are why I don't like walking around my neighborhood, as the sidewalks are in poor shape.
I hope everything heals without any complications.

Happy Wednesday All!
Unable to walk this morning due to Rain. :sad2: I'll go to the YMCA tonight to make up for it.

I walked 4 miles on Monday and 2.5 yesterday.

I ate too much yesterday, our Division had our annual Potluck/Cookout and it was also my Dad's Birthday, so I had a plate full of food at lunch and Pie at Mom and Dad's to celebrate. We had a little to two different Pies leftover, not enough to have a piece of one or the other, so we split the leftover Pies 3 ways and had a little of each. We wanted to use the pies up as my birthday is next week, so we didn't want two cakes back to back, as that is too much sweet.

Tracey - don't sweat the day of not-so-good eating.

The 80/20 rule -- if you make sensible, informed choices most of the time, it'll all balance out.

And goodness, you are so great at the "keep moving" part!

I weigh in at noon - I could use a lot of "think thin" right around then... I'm not expecting the scale to move at all... sounds funny, but I don't think I ate enough this week...

On top of that, my mom was moved to hospice yesterday, so the next few days will be stressful and jumbled. Her kidneys have shut down on top of all her other health problems and we have decided against putting her through dialysis.

I weigh in at noon - I could use a lot of "think thin" right around then... I'm not expecting the scale to move at all... sounds funny, but I don't think I ate enough this week...

On top of that, my mom was moved to hospice yesterday, so the next few days will be stressful and jumbled. Her kidneys have shut down on top of all her other health problems and we have decided against putting her through dialysis.

Jaime - I'm thinking thin for you :worship: I know what you mean about not eating enough. That's when the body goes into "starvation lock down mode".
My leader always said we had to fuel the furnace to get the heat.

I'm sorry to here about your Mom :sad1: I know this will be a very stressful time for you and your family. My thoughts are with you all

So sorry about your mom. Gather friends and family around you for support.
Good thoughts, prayers, :hug: hugs, and pixiedust: pixie dust coming to you and your mother.

As for food and your weight - don't stress about it for a while. You will get back on track.

Wow, we just moved my grandmother to hospice yesterday. She went downhill after breaking a hip. Developed pneumonia and such, and she's basically in the "keep them comfortable" stage now. We're expecting it to be within a day or so. So I'll be thinking of you and hope you're thinking of me, too. :hug:

Congrats on the loss this week. I'm trying to keep from stress eating.

I was worried about being out of my good habits when I was dealing with my mom's funeral was going to show the wrong way on the scale. But I still seem to be maintaining the downward trend. I will confirm on Monday weigh-in day.

For those of you with difficult life situations, do your best and know that you will get on track later.

Hugs :hug: to all in need of them!

Jamie I will be thinking and praying for your mom, you, and your sisters. :hug:
Take care hon and try and eat proper.

Wow, we just moved my grandmother to hospice yesterday. She went downhill after breaking a hip. Developed pneumonia and such, and she's basically in the "keep them comfortable" stage now. We're expecting it to be within a day or so. So I'll be thinking of you and hope you're thinking of me, too. :hug:

Congrats on the loss this week. I'm trying to keep from stress eating.

I will be thinking of you, Lori. Meggie and I stayed with her last night untl after 1:00am. There was no change. I'm not going to work today. Take care of yourself! :hug:

Kat, corky & mainegal - thank you for the thoughts. :hug:

Jamie and Lori, you are in my thoughts with your family health issues.

I walked 2.5 to 3.5 miles everyday this week. I did not walk today, I went car shopping instead. I'll may go to the YMCA tomorrow afternoon to make up for not walking today, if I feel up to it.. We have another rain front moving in overnight tonight and these have been giving me horrible sinus pressure headaches when they pass through the area. :headache:

Tomorrow is weigh in day, so I will let you know the results. Early indications are that there will be little or no change from last weeks numbers.

Good morning! I did something new today. Got up earlier and went out for a twenty minute walk instead of turning on the computer!

And here I am, back on the computer :surfweb: for a few minutes...

July has been four weeks of any kind of regular schedule and good habits gone crazy. This is my first week of doing things right - again!

Yahoo! :yay:

I'm back! After two weeks of little activity I got in a bike/run yesterday. Had my gall bladder taken out on Monday and was traveling the week before. Good news is the scale hasn't moved up. Back at the workouts again starting today.

:hug: and :cheer2: to everyone!

I have been on the boards maybe 3 times in the last week. :sad2:

I was up .6 this week which HAS to be medication related. GRRRR. I am done with it now, so hopefully it was just temporary.

I'll be back more often at some point, I promise.

Have a great week!! :banana:

:rolleyes1 Let's just say "it wasn't a good week" I knew when I got on that scale this morning it was going to be bad.... :eek: and it was...

At least I have no parties or events to go to this week....

Hi Everyone! Yesterday was weigh-in day and I lost another 1 lbs. I have now lost 20.5 lbs. :cheer2:
With today being my birthday, I have had too many sweets already and more to come. A co-worker baked me a Chocolate Cake for my birthday, a customer sent us a Cookie Bouquet as a Thank you for a job we did last week, and my neighbor sent over some Cupcakes. So my sweet tooth is getting a work out.

I walked 2.5 miles this morning.

got in my first workout since surgery and ran 2 miles. It was horrible, I'm hoping to recover and get back to 5K again soon. Gotta run a race on Sat, hopefully it gets better quickly.

got in my first workout since surgery and ran 2 miles. It was horrible, I'm hoping to recover and get back to 5K again soon. Gotta run a race on Sat, hopefully it gets better quickly.

You just had surgery - don't push so hard that you hamper recovery.

Run your race, but don't expect your best time.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter