• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shaping up for 2.0

I expect to gain 5 lbs. this week. I've been stress eating and retaining water. (Yes I know, TMI!) My grandmother's been in and out of the hospital due to issues with her replacement hip, and I'm just pigging out.

Next week I'm going to get back on track, but I will definitely post what I've gained, because I know I have. Gotta stay accountable!

I walked this morning for 3 miles.. It was very hot and sticky outside already at 6:00 a.m. The next couple of mornings (friday & Monday), I won't have my co-worker to walk with, so I have to have extra motivation to go out solo.

I walked this morning for 3 miles.. It was very hot and sticky outside already at 6:00 a.m. The next couple of mornings (friday & Monday), I won't have my co-worker to walk with, so I have to have extra motivation to go out solo.

Consider yourself motivated - RAH :cheer2:

Sounds like several of us are having a rough week. I know I am. All we can do it keep plugging along. :cheer2:

Everyone who is exercising and making good choices...:woohoo::yay:.

I am gonna check out the wogging thread. Once it isn't so hot, I plan to start working on a 5k to prepare for the RFTC in October.

Well.... The "free chocolate Friday" coupons won today.

But I fought back with 3 miles on the treadmill at the gym tonight, usually I only do 2 - 2.5 miles.

I brought a pair of sneakers to work today so I can take short walks during my lunch half hour. This will also held my newly discovered vitamin D deficiency which I am told could account for some of my slight fatigue and desire for late afternoon naps. (Personally, I think short naps are great!)

Good luck to all this weekend!

Hi guy's!
Well I haven't been on the boards in a few days, so I thought I would check in as we are off for a nice long weekend at the cottage.
I gained a pound at my weigh in on Wednesday.
I think it might be the half a cherry pie I ate last weekend.
I know stay away from the pie...:rotfl2:
However I will get back on track.
I have not had much time for the gym this week either..
So I will try to be good over the weekend.
Hope everyone else has a great week, I will check in again when I get back.
Have a great weekend guy's and keep up the awesome work you are doing, and just think how great you are going to look on PCC#2. :)

I manage to walk this morning, though mother nature was against me. We had storms move through this morning, I left out to go for my walk and it was pouring down rain, but the lightning had stopped. I set out thinking this will be a short walk, but just as I got to the walking track the rain began to stop. Good news is I managed to walk 2.4 miles this morning despite the flooding rain we had this morning (3+ inches in less than 3 hours, with the majority of it falling in the first hour)

I went for a jog this morning before work. I forgot how good it feels to get the blood pumping before work. The only hard part is getting up between 4:30 and 5 in the morning. Sometimes the snooze button is too tempting.
The past couple weeks, we've been jogging at night and then swimming. Nice and refreshing just before bed.
We've started eating better too. I can see a little difference. Can't feel it really though. Chugga chugga choo choo! I think I can, I think I can!

I went for a jog this morning before work. I forgot how good it feels to get the blood pumping before work. The only hard part is getting up between 4:30 and 5 in the morning. Sometimes the snooze button is too tempting.
The past couple weeks, we've been jogging at night and then swimming. Nice and refreshing just before bed.
We've started eating better too. I can see a little difference. Can't feel it really though. Chugga chugga choo choo! I think I can, I think I can!

Good for you Todd! Keep up the Good Work.

Set your alarm clock 1/2 hour earlier than you want to get up then you can hit the snooze button a couple of times.

Well.... The "free chocolate Friday" coupons won today.

But I fought back with 3 miles on the treadmill at the gym tonight, usually I only do 2 - 2.5 miles.

I brought a pair of sneakers to work today so I can take short walks during my lunch half hour. This will also held my newly discovered vitamin D deficiency which I am told could account for some of my slight fatigue and desire for late afternoon naps. (Personally, I think short naps are great!)

Good luck to all this weekend!

WTG on the extra exercise to combat the chocolate! :woohoo:

Hi guy's!
Well I haven't been on the boards in a few days, so I thought I would check in as we are off for a nice long weekend at the cottage.
I gained a pound at my weigh in on Wednesday.
I think it might be the half a cherry pie I ate last weekend.
I know stay away from the pie...:rotfl2:
However I will get back on track.
I have not had much time for the gym this week either..
So I will try to be good over the weekend.
Hope everyone else has a great week, I will check in again when I get back.
Have a great weekend guy's and keep up the awesome work you are doing, and just think how great you are going to look on PCC#2. :)

Have a great time at the cottage!

I manage to walk this morning, though mother nature was against me. We had storms move through this morning, I left out to go for my walk and it was pouring down rain, but the lightning had stopped. I set out thinking this will be a short walk, but just as I got to the walking track the rain began to stop. Good news is I managed to walk 2.4 miles this morning despite the flooding rain we had this morning (3+ inches in less than 3 hours, with the majority of it falling in the first hour)

Go Tracey!! :cheer2:

That's awesome, TT!! :worship: I would REALLY like to get up early and exercise. Like you, I would have to be up at 4:30-5 to do it, and it is rough. Maybe you'll inspire me to give it a try a couple days next week.

Think you'll all like this story -

I have a treadmill, a very old treadmill - it is motorized but has no incline adjustment, no cup holder, no iPod dock, no programming - you get the picture - no NOTHING! I've been wanting a new one for awhile now.

Well after dinner last night, I went upstairs to walk and after about ten minutes thought I'd give jogging a try - WELL>>>>>>

the poor thing started shaking and groaning and making a lot noise. DH was downstairs in the living room watching television. The noise was so bad that he came running upstairs to see what had happened.

Needless to say - i stopped trying to jog - walked 3.25 miles though

OK HERE'S THE BEST PART - DH told me to do some research and buy myself a new treadmill ..... :woohoo: :cheer2: :cool1:

I walked again at lunch today, logging an additional 1.3 miles.Total for today is 3.7 miles

Played some tennis today, running a 5K tomorrow so didn't want to do too much. Still feel like I'm eating too much, gotta learn portion control when I do eat and that I don't have to clean my plate. Ugh...

Hi Everyone!!! I haven't posted in a little while, but I'm back "on the wagon" so to speak. I've had 2 of my employees out for illness, and it's been hard to pick up their slack. So I haven't been eating the best at all. I didn't even weigh myself because I didn't want to see the disappointing number that I was sure would show back up. Well, this week I started to get a little better, watching my portions, etc, and even dared to get back on the scale yesterday. Would you believe I actually LOST 2 pounds?!?!:cool1: I couldn't believe it. I was expecting to see a gain, and was pleasantly surprised instead.
So, I've really missed talking to you all, and plan to be back more to help keep myself on track. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter