SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Disney is building a DVC resort across the street and is also expanding the road to many more lanes and as a part of this long-term project permanently closed the walkway.

Neither Disney nor Shades or Green want to pay for a solution to my understanding be it a crosswalk/light, bridge, or other solution. So disappointing.

Steve at Military Disney Tips did a write up about it
https://www.militarydisneytips.com/...big-change-at-shades-of-green-transportation/
Thank you for the information and the link to the Military Disney Tips.

I agree on the nightly car parking costs at the Shades of Green. The price has increased. With Disney Resorts no longer charging for parking, Shades of Green needs to update and change their nightly parking policy.

I another Shades of Green transportation issue I would like to see changed in the bus stop at Disney Springs.
With the Shades of Green being an onsite Disney Resort and to have the bus stop on the far west end of the Disney Springs shopping and entertainment district, the bus stop feel punitive towards military members staying at the Shades of Green. This bus stop is Disney Springs is especially challenging for disabled military members.

Years ago, Shades of Green bus stops where in the same location as all of the other Disney Resorts.

Last edited:
I am looking for alternatives to Tiffany Town Car for a December trip. I really like them, but this is going to be a quick in and out mainly to burn Christmas party tickets. Any ideas?

Does anyone know or have recent experience with refunds for a room canceled?
I had two rooms but canceled one. It's been several days and I'm wondering how long until I should call?

Has anyone had luggage transferred to/from SOG and a Disney resort in the past year? I’m getting mixed messages on if they do this. I actually need to do both (have a 3 way split with SOG in the middle). Thank you.

anyone know how Garden Gallery breakfast is for gluten free?

It says they have GF options but curious what options they may have and how they handle allergies.

So sorry about your emergency. Hope all will be ok.

It took about 2 weeks but I had to call back again and then processed immediately
Following up, again. I had to call. They didn’t have my payment expiration date, so they were sitting on it.

We had a 2-night stay last week. We did 1 day at Epcot and MVMCP the next day.

Overall a great experience with our room. We stayed in Palm on 2nd floor with prob one of the best views we’ve had over the years, along with ease to garage, laundry, and the lobby area. Very quiet hallway in the mornings too (we slept in after Epcot and on checkout day. I’m a light sleeper and usually hear hallway commotion and it was minimal).

The loss of the walking path is still big for my family. We ended up paying to park at Epcot. The next day we used Shades buses to get to TTC for the monorail for our dining reservation at Grand Floridian before the Christmas party. It was ok getting around but took longer than we’re used to.

From observations of arriving to check in around 630 am before going to Epcot, we did see 3 buses lined up, so it appears Shades is currently doubling up TTC buses for Early Entry.

We had a 2-night stay last week. We did 1 day at Epcot and MVMCP the next day.

Overall a great experience with our room. We stayed in Palm on 2nd floor with prob one of the best views we’ve had over the years, along with ease to garage, laundry, and the lobby area. Very quiet hallway in the mornings too (we slept in after Epcot and on checkout day. I’m a light sleeper and usually hear hallway commotion and it was minimal).

The loss of the walking path is still big for my family. We ended up paying to park at Epcot. The next day we used Shades buses to get to TTC for the monorail for our dining reservation at Grand Floridian before the Christmas party. It was ok getting around but took longer than we’re used to.

From observations of arriving to check in around 630 am before going to Epcot, we did see 3 buses lined up, so it appears Shades is currently doubling up TTC buses for Early Entry.
How was the laundry area? Going in February so we will need summer and winter clothes and would rather not pack a ton. That will mean doing laundry a couple of times.

Thank you for the information and the link to the Military Disney Tips.

I agree on the nightly car parking costs at the Shades of Green. The price has increased. With Disney Resorts no longer charging for parking, Shades of Green needs to update and change their nightly parking policy.

I another Shades of Green transportation issue I would like to see changed in the bus stop at Disney Springs.
With the Shades of Green being an onsite Disney Resort and to have the bus stop on the far west end of the Disney Springs shopping and entertainment district, the bus stop feel punitive towards military members staying at the Shades of Green. This bus stop is Disney Springs is especially challenging for disabled military members.

Years ago, Shades of Green bus stops where in the same location as all of the other Disney Resorts.
Isn't the parking fee being used to cover the cost of the garage?

Charter busses load by the West Side. This includes SoG, Swan, Dolphin,Lynx.....

SoG and S/D used to contract with Disney for bus services. The change is why the West Side and the TTC are the load locations for DS and the MK.

How was the laundry area? Going in February so we will need summer and winter clothes and would rather not pack a ton. That will mean doing laundry a couple of times.
DH was the one who did laundry this trip before moving out to Madeira Beach area. He commented it was all redone. It had closed shortly after our June visit for an overhaul.

If you have any specific questions , let me know and I’ll ask DH.

We do laundry every trip. Plenty of washers and dryers in each wing of the hotel and it’s spacious. Usually easy but machines were not always working last couple of trips. Hopefully the refurb addressed that.

If I remember correctly, DH noted washers are 30 minutes and dryers, 60.

The new washers and dryers worked great when we were there in Nov! And they were good sized machines. Want to say I remember it being $3 for a wash cycle, and another $3 for the dryer. You can't use the detergent pods in the washers anymore, but at least when we were there, they had complimentary boxes of detergent in the laundry rooms. I read somewhere that they are working on getting the dispensers reinstalled in the laundry rooms. Not sure if that has been done yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter