SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Recommendations for car service to and from the airport? Also, we get in on Sunday the 6th at 10:15 a.m. I am figuring at least 11:30 before we get to Shades. Chances of our room being ready??[/QUOT

Our flight usually arrives at 11ish. Our experience has been about 50/50.

If you find a car service you'd recommend, please post it. The company we really liked apparently sold out and on our last trip we used the new company and were not impressed. It was fine, just not the vehicle or service we were used to getting.

Hi All!!! DD and I just returned on Monday from our 2nd 10 day stay at Shades of Green this year... I wrote a full Trip Report on our January 2016 stay (link in my siggy), and I am working on our Trip Report for our 10 day SoG stay in October now... I wanted to take a moment to invite all of you to read and follow along - I'd love to have you there!!! Here's the link: http://disboards.com/threads/octobe...ve-run-out-of-titles-update-x2-10-29.3557008/

:lovestruc

D~

Hi All!!! DD and I just returned on Monday from our 2nd 10 day stay at Shades of Green this year... I wrote a full Trip Report on our January 2016 stay (link in my siggy), and I am working on our Trip Report for our 10 day SoG stay in October now... I wanted to take a moment to invite all of you to read and follow along - I'd love to have you there!!! Here's the link: http://disboards.com/threads/octobe...ve-run-out-of-titles-update-x2-10-29.3557008/

D~
THANK YOU! Looking forward to following along and learned so much from your Jan trip report! We are staying at SOG in the spring for the first time! Have stayed at the Disney moderates and Wilderness Lodge but it's time to try SOG!

D~
Ten days!! Wow! I'm jealous. Will be following your TR.

Room question: Does the room you stayed in have a tub or is it a standing shower? We booked a room with a standing shower and I'm not sure what part of the resort it's in.

I'd like to know about the tub/shower situation also. We are traveling next month with our 17 month old and I'm wondering if I should bring a blow up tub to use inside the shower. Does the nozzle/sprayer come down or is it fixed?

HI! I am very familiar with Shades but have never shipped anything to myself there. Does anyone have any experience with Amazon Now while at SOG?

Ten days!! Wow! I'm jealous. Will be following your TR.

Room question: Does the room you stayed in have a tub or is it a standing shower? We booked a room with a standing shower and I'm not sure what part of the resort it's in.

I'd like to know about the tub/shower situation also. We are traveling next month with our 17 month old and I'm wondering if I should bring a blow up tub to use inside the shower. Does the nozzle/sprayer come down or is it fixed?

Our room was a regular Tub with a shower in it, the shower nozzle is fixed and doesn't remove. I know there used to be a list of where the handicap accessible rooms were, however, it's buried in this thread somewhere & this thread has been alive for almost 10 years - so I am not sure where it's buried. If I remember correctly - most of the handicap accessible rooms are in the Palm section... We have only ever stayed in the Magnolia section, and only ever had tubs with a shower. I hope that helps. :)

D~

What is MH? Do you have a number or a web site? What do they charge?

You may need to google this info??? I know that the Dis blocks the names of all transportation that isn't a sponsor here - I know I can't post the name of the service I use here - as it just gets blocked out. :)

D~

Our room was a regular Tub with a shower in it, the shower nozzle is fixed and doesn't remove. I know there used to be a list of where the handicap accessible rooms were, however, it's buried in this thread somewhere & this thread has been alive for almost 10 years - so I am not sure where it's buried. If I remember correctly - most of the handicap accessible rooms are in the Palm section... We have only ever stayed in the Magnolia section, and only ever had tubs with a shower. I hope that helps. :)

D~
Thanks so much!

D~

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure which section we will be in so I might bring an inflatable tub just in case.

Is there a current calendar with daily events available? We will be there the 26th - 28th and was wondering if anything is going on then.

Is there a current calendar with daily events available? We will be there the 26th - 28th and was wondering if anything is going on then.

Shades has a newsletter you can subscribe to via their website. They release a calendar for each month. The November one was out recently.

THANKSGIVING DINNER???

Has anybody done the Thanksgiving Dinner buffet at Shades of Green? Do you know if you have to be staying there that evening to eat there for Thanksgiving?

We have only done the breakfast buffet at SOG and it was years ago...and not that great. Much of the food wasn't as hot as it could be...in fact much was barely warm. Perhaps it was a safety thing??

Anyway the Thanksgiving Dinner is looking like a nice option for our trip...and much cheaper than our current plans...but I'm not sure if we will enjoy it. Really how can you go wrong with carved turkey and ham? They also advertise pot roast.

I've emailed them about a reservation for our party and inquired about if we have to be staying there that day to eat there. I'm just wondering if anybody has first hand experience with their Thanksgiving Day buffet?

Can someone confirm that we can use our military star card throughout shades of green? I have seen some posts that you can use it in the aafes store, can you use it to pay for your room at check in? How about the dining locations throughout the resort?

We are considering booking for a 5 day trip in January through the Veteran's program. Are we able to take advantage of any other specials is my DH is not active or retired (he's retired DOJ, not DOD), or doesn't meet the other criteria? I've always wanted to stay at SOG, but trying to balance out the advantages. We can't book FP's 60 days out, correct?

You can not book fast passes 60 days out. You can book at 30 days out.
Other disadvantages: you will not get a magic band. If you already have one, you can use it for park entrance and fast pass, but not for charging or to open your resort door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter