~~ Sew the crowds in WDW were frightful, but the weather was so delightful ~~Nov 2015 COMPLETE! ~~

Ack...took me forever to get back here but I'm all caught up again. Loving it of course. You are making me want to add The Wave to our next to-do list. We have yet to try Tusker House (though it's been on my ADRs 2 or 3 times before and I've had to cancel EVERY time for one reason or another) and now it sounds like perhaps I can just skip it. We are beyond having to do character meals anyway, with one exception - we always do Chef Mickey's as it's a tradition, despite how crazy expensive it is for us now. We will see if we can squeeze in a trip to the Wave for November. We have done dinner there once a few years ago and it was good...but not a buffet.

Can't wait to read the rest and have a great Thanksgiving!

Good morning Miss D! Trying to keep up with you - whew! You are really doing an amazing job with this TR. Love the pictures. Love AK- you are making me hungry for Yak and Yeti, and their wontons with pineapple, holy moly they are good. And I love EE. Glad you got to scrunch a ride in. Have you seen the new Donald Duck Van's Dorine? I thought of you when I went into a Van's shop recently with Shane. They are so cute. They have some other Disney designs as well. You should go on the Van's web site.

Good luck with your run! I will be checking out Facebook to see how everything went and your wonderful attire. And wishing you and your family a very beautiful and blessed Thanksgiving.

Now I have to say - this is the BEST hidden gem in all of WDW! The food was amazing!!!! The restaurant was quiet, not a lot of people there, the buffet was incredible... After eating here - I had NO desire to do our Tusker House breakfast the next day (bet you never thought you'd hear me say that?) or ever again. Seriously.

YESSS! We stayed at the Contemporary and had heard good things about The Wave. It was sooo good! But don't tell anyone else! ;)

That is great that you got onto Kiliminjaro Safari without much of a wait and also EE! That was a squeaker getting to your breakfast! I am glad you made it.

I have only eaten at the Wave once. My son's friend worked at Disney for a few years and he told us we HAD to eat there. Everyone is right! It is a great place to eat. I am planning on eating there on our upcoming trip.

Have a happy (and safe!) Thanksgiving!

Loved your trip report.
Loved your outfits.
Loved your jewelry.
Love Wave for breakfast. (don't like it for dinner.
Adored the bags. So not fair we can't be told about website or etsy to order. 8(

Good morning my friend! I have lots of replies built up in my mind and I promise to get to them soon

It's been fun reliving our trip (quick like) with you!
Hope you have a great day

No worries... I know that life has been busy for you! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving - give your family our love! :lovestruc

I know - it's been fun... I hope I am doing it justice, even though I am trying to do it fast.

Thanks - you too! :hug:

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH
Just like that there went 2 days! LOL! you ARE flying through this report!!!

Good luck tomorrow at your race!

Love all the pictures! Suzi! You and Bradey are just SO DARN CUTE!

and wanted to say HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Thanksgiving-Mickey.jpg

Hahaha... I am trying to fly through it... The days until Allison's trip are ticking by so quickly!

Thanks - I am a bit nervous this morning, but I will do fine. I just hope I don't come in last this time.

I love all of our pictures - we had a lot of fun taking them!

I miss you so much - and the family... I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving... Please give everyone my love! :lovestruc

WOnder why the single rider line was closed? I think that was my girls favorite part of EE of our August 2014 trip or was it december 2014?

Happy thanksgiving!

Not sure? But it was a little depressing - since it was my plan to use it. LOL Hahaha... Yah the single rider line is great there - we always take advantage of it to get our extra rides in.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Just started reading your trip report and I have to stop and ask where you got your crossbody bags!! You plan outfits like I do....maybe I'll do a trip report next thanksgiving to show ya

Thank you - I make all of them myself on vintage machines... Each one is one of a kind. :thumbsup2

I love planning my outfits and my themes for while I am in WDW - it's just so much fun. I never wear this stuff outside of WDW, so it's great to let loose while I am there. ::yes::

It's a lot of fun - I hope you do decide to do a TR, please let me know if you do.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Ann. :lovestruc

Ack...took me forever to get back here but I'm all caught up again. Loving it of course. You are making me want to add The Wave to our next to-do list. We have yet to try Tusker House (though it's been on my ADRs 2 or 3 times before and I've had to cancel EVERY time for one reason or another) and now it sounds like perhaps I can just skip it. We are beyond having to do character meals anyway, with one exception - we always do Chef Mickey's as it's a tradition, despite how crazy expensive it is for us now. We will see if we can squeeze in a trip to the Wave for November. We have done dinner there once a few years ago and it was good...but not a buffet.

Can't wait to read the rest and have a great Thanksgiving!

Hahaha... Sorry - I am trying to finish this TR up quickly... I hope to be totally done with it in a few weeks. Day 4 is a very long day though - lots of updates to do.

I think you should do TH once - just so you can experience it and decide for yourself. But compare to The Wave, It's definitely not with the $$, IMO... It's so expensive and the food isn't really that great.

Thank you - Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, as well!!! :lovestruc

Good morning Miss D! Trying to keep up with you - whew! You are really doing an amazing job with this TR. Love the pictures. Love AK- you are making me hungry for Yak and Yeti, and their wontons with pineapple, holy moly they are good. And I love EE. Glad you got to scrunch a ride in. Have you seen the new Donald Duck Van's Dorine? I thought of you when I went into a Van's shop recently with Shane. They are so cute. They have some other Disney designs as well. You should go on the Van's web site.

Good luck with your run! I will be checking out Facebook to see how everything went and your wonderful attire. And wishing you and your family a very beautiful and blessed Thanksgiving.

Hi Carol - I know - I am trying to hard to move this one along quickly, and still do the trip justice.

Hahaha... I've never eaten at Y*Y... Is it good? I may have to try for that one, once my girls are sick of TH. LOL

I have seen the new Vans, and I'd love to get them, but I am trying hard to "not buy anything" until I have Allison's trip paid off and a good start on V's. ::yes::

Thank you - I'll be updating on FB, for sure.

I hope you have a very blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving too Carol! :lovestruc

YESSS! We stayed at the Contemporary and had heard good things about The Wave. It was sooo good! But don't tell anyone else!

Hahahha... I am done telling people now... It will be our secret. ;)

I am thoroughly enjoying your trip report! Thx!!

Thank you!!! I am so glad you are enjoying it! :lovestruc

That is great that you got onto Kiliminjaro Safari without much of a wait and also EE! That was a squeaker getting to your breakfast! I am glad you made it.

I have only eaten at the Wave once. My son's friend worked at Disney for a few years and he told us we HAD to eat there. Everyone is right! It is a great place to eat. I am planning on eating there on our upcoming trip.

Have a happy (and safe!) Thanksgiving!

I agree - I am lucky I made it to breakfast too... I always feel like it's a great day at AK, if I can do KS, EE, TH and FoLK. ::yes::

It is a great place to eat - a hidden gem for sure!

Thank you - the same to you! Happy Thanksgiving! :lovestruc

Loved your trip report.
Loved your outfits.
Loved your jewelry.
Love Wave for breakfast. (don't like it for dinner.
Adored the bags. So not fair we can't be told about website or etsy to order. 8(

Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!
Yes - breakfast there is great, I've never eaten dinner, it sounds like I could just skp it?
Thank you!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Thank you! Same to you! Happy Thanksgiving! :lovestruc

Just wanted to spread my Thanksgiving love on this thread too! Enjoy!

Hehehe Alison... Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, as well. :lovestruc

****************************************************************************************************

I also wanted to say it here too... I am so thankful for the many friendships I have found here on The Dis... I have been writing TRs/PTRs here now for almost 5 years... It's been an amazing experience for me and I've thoroughly enjoyed every moment.

I wish each and every one of you a blessed Thanksgiving, and I hope you are surrounded by family and friends today! :lovestruc

Thanksgiving%20with%20Donald.jpg

D~

Day 4 Part 3

Off the train we went, in search of another must-do... I bet you all can guess where we are headed?

Festival of the Lion King! I just love this show! I missed doing it last year - and I didn't want to miss it again.

Just a couple of pictures though - as we have all seen it several times, and as we all know - pictures don't even begin to do it justice.

We were seated in the giraffe section... We were in the last row, before the little "sidewalk" for the upper deck. I was a little disappointed - I've never been in the new theater, but I always used to request the back row, because then you could lean on the wall and it's quite comfortable. But - nothing to lean on in this section, so my back was getting sore. Nothing I couldn't live with, but a bummer just the same.

20151114_122427.jpg

20151114_122430.jpg

As usual - the show was fantastic!

From FoLK, we walked past Starbucks - and since this was our only "scheduled" day in AK - I had to get my Starbucks ornament while we were here. I showed my AP for my discount - but they guy never gave it to me. :( I didn't realize it until we were pretty far away and I didn't feel like going back and waiting in line again.

We decided to do another "must-do" at this point... The trail that goes under the Tree of Life... The last time I'd done it - they had the big nets up all over the place, blocking much of the fantastic views of the tree.... Much to my delight, I was so happy to see that most of the nets were now gone and the views were back.

20151114_124925.jpg

20151114_130316.jpg

20151114_125643.jpg

20151114_130514.jpg

After this, we shopped in the AK shops for a while... It was here that I first saw the black fleece jacket that I fell in love with. As usual - I didn't buy it here... I just couldn't choke down the $60 price tag... I decided to leave it behind here, but keep it in my mind for later, if I didn't find anything else I liked better. However - I did find an AK tee shirt here, that I couldn't live without... I wanted an AK one last year - but I couldn't find the one I wanted in my size... The one I purchased isn't the same one I wanted last year - but I do like this one better. ::yes::

Once we were done shopping - we exited the park via a great Photopass photographer... She was really taking a long time with each family... Sometimes this is annoying when you are waiting in line - but the end result is so worth it... We were able to get a lot of great photos from her!

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Animal_Kingdom_Park_7519186564.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Animal_Kingdom_Park_7519186570.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Animal_Kingdom_Park_7519186572.jpg

We were on a bus and back to AKL by 1:45pm.

Of course - I took a short rest... I don't think I napped this day? But I did take a picture of the view from my bed... LOL I sometimes do this at the lake too - just so I remember my favorite things.

20151114_143737.jpg

Rested up and rejuvenated - we were on a bus to DHS at 3:30pm. (As a side note... I despise my shirt on this night... These thick stripes are not very flattering on me...)

We had an ADR at Via Napoli this evening, but since it was Food and Wine - we decided it might be easier to ride a bus to DHS, then a boat to IG and enter Epcot from that direction, rather than trying to walk all the way through Future World.

We stopped at a Photopass photographer in front of the tree at DHS again...

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Hollywood_Studios_7519355121.jpg

We also did a couple of photos in DHS...

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Hollywood_Studios_7519361732.jpg

Since we were here, I decided I should grab my DHS Starbucks "you are here" ornament... 2 in one day! :woohoo:

We took the VERY CROWDED boat to Beach Club, and exited there - then we walked to Epcot and entered through the International Gateway, as planned.

This worked out well for us - and as expected, WS was incredibly crowded.

We managed to stick together - Suzi and Bradey leading the way, and we made our way to Italy. We checked in a bit early for our ADR - hoping to be seated a little early too...

20151114_171137.jpg

To our surprise - we didn't have to wait long... We were seated at a table near the ovens... The food here is EXCELLENT! We all agreed - the cheese pizza is the best, we ordered 3 different pizzas... Cheese, Pepperoni and an artichoke... The cheese was by far - the best. We also had the pistachio gillato for dessert - YUM! Excellent meal!

20151114_173024.jpg

20151114_173140.jpg

d155cb7b-e586-48f5-9614-dd3d44dff53b.jpg

20151114_174601.jpg

20151114_180035.jpg

20151114_181152.jpg

Bellies full - we exited Via Napoli into a very crowded and crazy World Showcase... Again - I followed Suzi and Bradey through the mess...

Did we make it out alive? :scratchin

Link to Day 4 Part 4

D~​

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving!!! Ever thought of selling your bags, I searched on Etsy and couldn't find anyone who makes them as cute as you do!!! I have a sewing machine but I'm a very basic beginner!!

Festival of the Lion King!

I think this was my favourite thing at AK. What a fun show. Seats not that comfortable though, agreed!! Your dinner of pizza looked awesome. Another place on my list to try next time!

Happy Thanksgiving!
I think it's a great idea to get to World Shoecase by going to DHD first. Great choice. Your dinner looks incredible.

Once again a great update with a lot of great photos. I love seeing the photos from your trip.

Just a super quick update from my run this morning, for those of you who are interested in my races...

2015-11-26_10.59.01_1.jpg

It was 37 deg when I left the house this morning... When Allison and I got to the starting line, it started to drizzle/rain... We took cover under an awning, in an effrt to stay warm and dry.

I did the first mile with a malfunctioning Garmin... Finally at the end of the first mile, I was able to get it working...

The first half of the run was done in the rain, the last half, i was being pelted with ice pellets. I know the last 1.5 miles was at a 12:5 pace... But according to my Garmin, i finished with an average pace of 15:2. :/ Not great for me, I was hoping for better... In all fairness, the first half of the race was mostly up hill...

Overall, a great race, and I didn't finish last... Even if I did most of the race among a sea of walkers.

Anyways... Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

D~

I'll say it again :) Your outfit looks great. I love the Gobble til you wobble on your back. How great that Alli came with you to watch.

Great job on your race! :worship: I get that you were hoping for better, but I would still be very proud of that time - remember too that not only was the first half uphill, but you were in the rain and being pelted with ice pellets! Congrats on a job well done!

The first half of the run was done in the rain, the last half, i was being pelted with ice pellets. I know the last 1.5 miles was at a 12:5 pace... But according to my Garmin, i finished with an average pace of 15:2. :/ Not great for me, I was hoping for better... In all fairness, the first half of the race was mostly up hill...

Last weekend I finished my first 10K. The weekend before my sister thought it would be a good idea for us to run a test 10K in my parents neighborhood.in.Connecticut. I am from Indiana where it is flat flat flat. The hills killed me!! Between the hills and the rain/ice I'm totally impressed that you finished! That's awesome!

And you looked so cute! I can't stand it. How will those of us mere mortals ever live up to this greatness???

:yay:Way to Go on doing the Race! That is quite an accomplishment & I love your outfit!
FOLK is my favorite thing at AK :). The photo pass pictures turned out great, the one of Bradey with the lion is so cute. And so is the one of you & Suzi, your outfits & purses are so cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter