~~ Sew the crowds in WDW were frightful, but the weather was so delightful ~~Nov 2015 COMPLETE! ~~

Don't apologize for the quick trip report. I thought it was great. :) You covered the topics that I wanted to hear about, which were how you felt when you discovered that you were staying at AKL and all of your DisMeets. :) And then, because I had told Mo that it wasn't going to rain on her Epcot day, I had to see if I was right. ;)

Your girls will be stepping away to have their own lives soon. It is a healthy part of growing up. And the parent has to be able to separate in a healthy way, too, for their children's sake as well as their own. And that is exactly what this trip did. The guilt works both ways and this way your girls no longer feel guilty for having their own lives.

I hope you can get together with Mo and Suzi soon. :)

What a bummer that you went on the wrong tram to your gate. I'm glad to hear you had enough time so this mistake didn't make you miss your flight.
The trip report has been great to follow and I don't feel you rushed it. It was fun to have updates often.

Great trip report.
I'm sure you will not only sneak in a 4th trip on your ap, but get together with mo and Suzuki.

Great trip report D! You covered everything well; and I got to see AKL and Christmas decorations through your eyes! Love the friendships you have made through Disney, and I am so honored to have "met" you as well through the Dis. Love the pics of you and your girls through the Disney years. I absolutely know the feeling of your girls getting ready to spread their wings and move on. It is such a mix of pride and sadness and many more emotions all thrown in. I am the absolute worse at crying at the kid's graduations (you should have seen me at Tyler's college graduation), and many more big events. I feel for you and know you have such a beautiful relationship with your daughters you will have more adventures ahead of you with them. Just because they get older or move away doesn't mean they won't want to go to Disney with you, it will just take more time and planning. And now you know you can go with friends and have an awesome, amazing time!

Will be following along on your PTR and the Allison trip will be here before you know it!

What a wonderful trip! And such a beautiful summary. What a blessing to have great friends like that. :-) I feel you on the life changes...my older DD is now 21 and back at college and my younger DD is 16 and a junior in high school. Before long she'll be gone, too.....and it makes me cry just thinking about it!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip. It's nice to be able to put faces to names.
Liz

I can't comment.. you made me cry.

Love you

I am sorry - I didn't mean to make you cry. Love you too - bunches!!! :lovestruc

Don't apologize for the quick trip report. I thought it was great. You covered the topics that I wanted to hear about, which were how you felt when you discovered that you were staying at AKL and all of your DisMeets. :) And then, because I had told Mo that it wasn't going to rain on her Epcot day, I had to see if I was right.

Your girls will be stepping away to have their own lives soon. It is a healthy part of growing up. And the parent has to be able to separate in a healthy way, too, for their children's sake as well as their own. And that is exactly what this trip did. The guilt works both ways and this way your girls no longer feel guilty for having their own lives.

I hope you can get together with Mo and Suzi soon.

Good - I am glad you enjoyed my TR Sue! I always enjoy writing them and sharing them here!

I know - I know... I just don't feel like I am ready yet... I am still grasping on to any bit of anything I can hold on to. I am also a little sad - knowing this is our last holiday season living under one roof... It's hard. But I will get through it - I know I will. :hug:

I hope so too - I miss them, and hope we can do another WDW trip some day too.

What a bummer that you went on the wrong tram to your gate. I'm glad to hear you had enough time so this mistake didn't make you miss your flight.
The trip report has been great to follow and I don't feel you rushed it. It was fun to have updates often.

I know - that was a bummer, I will be much more careful in the future... I've learned from my mistakes. LOL

I am glad you enjoyed it - I had fun writing it and sharing it with you all. :lovestruc

Great trip report.
I'm sure you will not only sneak in a 4th trip on your ap, but get together with mo and Suzuki.

Thank you - I am glad you enjoyed it!

I sure hope so. LOL

Great trip report D! You covered everything well; and I got to see AKL and Christmas decorations through your eyes! Love the friendships you have made through Disney, and I am so honored to have "met" you as well through the Dis. Love the pics of you and your girls through the Disney years. I absolutely know the feeling of your girls getting ready to spread their wings and move on. It is such a mix of pride and sadness and many more emotions all thrown in. I am the absolute worse at crying at the kid's graduations (you should have seen me at Tyler's college graduation), and many more big events. I feel for you and know you have such a beautiful relationship with your daughters you will have more adventures ahead of you with them. Just because they get older or move away doesn't mean they won't want to go to Disney with you, it will just take more time and planning. And now you know you can go with friends and have an awesome, amazing time!

Will be following along on your PTR and the Allison trip will be here before you know it!

Thank you Carol - I am glad you enjoyed it... and I am so happy to have you as a friend as well. I hope that one day we can meet. :lovestruc

I know they will still want to go to WDW with me, but it will just be different.

I know, Allison's trip is coming so quickly... I really need to reorganize my "Disney pile" again and figure out what is coming with on this trip and what is staying behind. :scratchin I literally have most of my items (head gear and bling) still packed.. Along with all of my toiletries... I don't have a lot of actual packing to do - besides my clothes. I can't wait though... This upcoming trip will be a good relaxing trip for us - with 2.5 no park days - I am so excited for those. :woohoo:

What a wonderful trip! And such a beautiful summary. What a blessing to have great friends like that. :-) I feel you on the life changes...my older DD is now 21 and back at college and my younger DD is 16 and a junior in high school. Before long she'll be gone, too.....and it makes me cry just thinking about it!

Thank you!! I loved sharing this trip here with everyone!

Yes - it's going to be a hard year for me, for sure... I will get through it, but I fear it won't be easy. :lovestruc

Wonderful trip, amazing writing and fantastic pictures. Thank you so much for sharing!!!

Thank you!!! I am so glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip. It's nice to be able to put faces to names.
Liz

Thanks - I am so glad you enjoyed it Liz!!! I can't wait to share my January trip with Allison with you all too! ::yes::

D~

Wonderful TR D. You were making me tear up at the end.
Thanks for sharing this wonderful experience. I look forward to reading about the two great trips with your girls!

Great TR D! I loved the fast pass. I hope you enjoy your trips with your girls. I think it is really special that you are doing one for both girls. I really wish I could have done something like that with my mom. It sure looks like had a great time.

Great TR...a tear jerker for sure lol but awesome!

Thank you! I am glad you enjoyed it!

Wonderful TR D. You were making me tear up at the end.
Thanks for sharing this wonderful experience. I look forward to reading about the two great trips with your girls!

Awww... I am glad you enjoyed it... I love sharing my trips here!

This trip can't be over yet!!! I feel like it was too short! Maybe I need to go back and reread it :rolleyes1

Hahaha.... Yes - go back and reread, that will make it seem longer. :thumbsup2

Great TR D! I loved the fast pass. I hope you enjoy your trips with your girls. I think it is really special that you are doing one for both girls. I really wish I could have done something like that with my mom. It sure looks like had a great time.

Thanks! I am glad you enjoyed it! I am very excited for my trips with both of the girls - they will be a lot of fun and great memories for all of us. And - of course, I will have full TRs when I get back form each trip. :lovestruc

D~

Determining that I wasn’t a threat

Hmmmmm...... :rotfl:

Took a few selfies…

A few? That's an understatement. ::yes::

We were herded OUT of the secure area (I asked if we could avoid going through security again – nope)…

That must be something new. I've ridden the other tram on several occasions to make sure my Mom got off OK on her flights. I've always been able to just walk to the other tram and get on without going back through security. I'll have to remember that in the future.

must be all the bling on my capris (?)

Yep, bling is very bad when going through airport security. I wore a Pluto shirt onetime that had lots of bling right around my chest area. That was a very uncomfortable pat down for sure!

LOL I guess I drank too much? Not sure – because I try NOT to drink too much before a flight

I'm the same way to the point were I sometimes end up feeling dehydrated. I hate having to go to the bathroom on the plane.

since I have an AP – somehow I will be able to sneak in a 4th trip on it…

Well if you do, let me know. I'm trying to figure out if I can sneak another trip next year after the January one. We are planning to do Disneyland in January 2017 but I'm not sure I can wait that long.

Ariana… I have truly enjoyed this opportunity to get to know you better and to see you again. I thoroughly enjoyed the process of this trip planning, and I had so much fun with all the time we spent together. I hope that one day we are able to do it again!

I feel exactly the same. I had so much fun planning with you guys and getting to spend time with you in the parks was a dream come true. I very much hope we can do it again sometime. Oh and if you want to see Atlanta anytime, I do have an extra bedroom plus comfy couches and air mattresses.

(Bernadette... Where are you in this pic??? I thought you were there? did you take this one?)

I'm pretty sure it was Tom that took that picture. Bernadette was on the way to meet us but hadn't made it there yet. Monica left and then Bernadette joined us right after. I think they may have even run into each other on the way.

I could have sworn I commented on this TR already but I can't find it. I looks like you all had a fantastic trip. I loved all the pictures and all of your outfits, even the striped shirt you hated. I especially like the picture of all of 4 of you with your custom designed bags. Adorable!

Your ending even had me tearing up! Friendships like that are truly special :grouphug:

Catching up after being gone a few days, I have tears in my eyes, what an Awesome TR, it was so fun to be a part of one :daisy:, thank you so much for sharing your friends with me also party:.

I didn't realize that could happen with the trams at the airport, I am glad you didn't miss your flight!
As a survivor of empty nest syndrome I can tell you: you will get through it!!!

Great TR. I can tell you that you will survive the girls leaving the nest. My trip was the first one without my oldest son. We definitely missed him, especially because we thought he might be able to come for a long weekend, so we had ADR's with an extra seat for 3 days since we planned for him to be there. It was different, but still fun, and he was doing what is important to him (he's in medical school) so we knew he was where he needed to be.

Enjoy your upcoming trips with the girls!

Hmmmmm......

A few? That's an understatement.

That must be something new. I've ridden the other tram on several occasions to make sure my Mom got off OK on her flights. I've always been able to just walk to the other tram and get on without going back through security. I'll have to remember that in the future.

Yep, bling is very bad when going through airport security. I wore a Pluto shirt onetime that had lots of bling right around my chest area. That was a very uncomfortable pat down for sure!

I'm the same way to the point were I sometimes end up feeling dehydrated. I hate having to go to the bathroom on the plane.

Well if you do, let me know. I'm trying to figure out if I can sneak another trip next year after the January one. We are planning to do Disneyland in January 2017 but I'm not sure I can wait that long.

I feel exactly the same. I had so much fun planning with you guys and getting to spend time with you in the parks was a dream come true. I very much hope we can do it again sometime. Oh and if you want to see Atlanta anytime, I do have an extra bedroom plus comfy couches and air mattresses.

I'm pretty sure it was Tom that took that picture. Bernadette was on the way to meet us but hadn't made it there yet. Monica left and then Bernadette joined us right after. I think they may have even run into each other on the way.

I will definitely let you know if there happens to be a 4th trip in the works... If so - it will have to be a QUICK one.

Oh you are right - it was Tom... I am a bit disappointed that we don't have one single photo of all of us together... Hopefully we will get one some day. :lovestruc

I could have sworn I commented on this TR already but I can't find it. I looks like you all had a fantastic trip. I loved all the pictures and all of your outfits, even the striped shirt you hated. I especially like the picture of all of 4 of you with your custom designed bags. Adorable!

Your ending even had me tearing up! Friendships like that are truly special :grouphug:

We did - we had so much fun! Hahaha... Yes - that striped shirt goes GREAT under my new black fleece jacket - zipped all the way to the neck. ::yes:: Thanks - that was fun that we all had bags that day. I have one or two in my Aug 2014 trip where there were maybe 6 of us with bags? There were a lot. I happened to bump into a friend of mine on that trip, and with all of us - I think there were 6 or 7 that had bags? it was cool. I'll have to see if I can find it for you...

Awww... I love my Dis friendships - I have found some of my favorite friends here! :lovestruc

Catching up after being gone a few days, I have tears in my eyes, what an Awesome TR, it was so fun to be a part of one :daisy:, thank you so much for sharing your friends with me also party:.

I didn't realize that could happen with the trams at the airport, I am glad you didn't miss your flight!
As a survivor of empty nest syndrome I can tell you: you will get through it!!!

Awww... I was so happy to have you there to share it with us! I hope that one day we can do it again. It's crazy - throwing a bunch of people together - who some have met and some have not... There are a lot of dynamics that play into that - we were lucky that we all got along well and had a great time together. :lovestruc then - to be able to do it in Disney - even more impressive. LOL

Me neither... LOL So, everyone must learn from my mistake - board the right tram. Kind of like my TA - one time she went to the airport for a Disney trip - she forgot her ID at home, they wouldn't let her get through security... She had to forfeit the entire trip, because there was no way she could get home and get back in time to make her flight. Thankfully it was only a 3 or 4 day trip - but still... So, now I always triple check and check again in the car that I have my ID with me. ::yes::

I am sure I will... And I am sure some of it will be difficult and some of it won't be as bad as I fear.... It' s probably my anxiety of the unknown that scares me the most. And hoping that we were successful parents. :lovestruc

Great TR. I can tell you that you will survive the girls leaving the nest. My trip was the first one without my oldest son. We definitely missed him, especially because we thought he might be able to come for a long weekend, so we had ADR's with an extra seat for 3 days since we planned for him to be there. It was different, but still fun, and he was doing what is important to him (he's in medical school) so we knew he was where he needed to be.

Enjoy your upcoming trips with the girls!

Thank you! I am sure I will... It's a little scary now, because I don't know what to expect... But I am sure it will be OK - it's just getting to that point, ya know?

Awww... Congratulations to your son though - what a wonderful accomplishment, just to get to that point in the first place. :lovestruc

Thanks - I am excited for them, for sure!

D~

Last edited:
What a great TR and you had to make me cry with your ending. So glad you had an amazing time with such amazing ladies and their families.
Can't believe you got on the wrong tram, too funny! Well it beats having monorail issues.
I have to head over to your other TR to check out what I have missed.
the end of the year is a killer for me.
Have a wonderful day!

Wonderful TR! Such a great experience, traveling with Dis'ers. I will do that someday, I will. BUT, at this point, I will have to drag hubby along too, he has become QUITE the Disney lover, for sure...like all things Disney. Could have something to do with Disney owning Star Wars now... :-)

Oh, I do hope you get a quick fourth trip in there, you MUST get your money's worth out of the AP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter