Sew much to do, sew little time - but it was worth it! New PTR link posted! ~~~~~~~~~

That is very wierd because I can see the picture on my computer. :confused3

Does anyone else see it or is it just me?

Thanks for asking Josh for me.:goodvibes

I just checked and I can even see it on the DIS app on my phone.:confused3 Very weird.

Well, I am not sure what happened, because your picture kept showing up as a red x, but once I posted the url into another page to look at it, it's showed up for me every time... :confused3 Maybe it's just my pc?

I talked to Josh yesterday morning... He told me something about hooking the phone up to your pc with the usb cord, and going to the official Samsung website. Then he just said he'd come in here and type it up for me... Then he got busy planting hostas - so I don't think he remembered? Sorry about that Corri. I will try to tackle him today after work. :rolleyes: Otherwise, if you are really anxious - you could probably Google it. I do know, when we were updating his - we could have NOTHING else plugged into any of our ports the entire time, and we had to be very careful not to download/upload anything. We did it overnight, because it was 9+ hour update.

Another BRILLIANT work of art, D~!!! :artist: Your work never ceases to amaze me...The partner statue silhouette? A-MA-ZING!!!!! pixiedust:

Thank you Oopsi! I was a bit nervous about the Partners statue silhouette, since I have seen it as an embroidery design before - I really try to stay away from anything that's been done before. But there really is only so much out there, and at some point I will have to do somethings again - but I really do try to stay as original and unique as possible.

LOVE it...almost as fantastic as my Minnie bag!

Nini

Awww... Thanks Nini - you are too kind! :flower3:

Once again a great bag. I just love the colors on this bag. The partner statue silhouette looks great.

Thanks Lillian!

I love love love your Disney messenger bags, where did you get them?

Welcome! And thank you! :flower3:

so cute D~ :goodvibes well we were close with the guessing...it is Cinderella's castle :thumbsup2 love the walt & mickey too

Yes, you were close with your guessing... I guess I am going to have to start giving out hints to keep this TR interesting, since I don't have anything else to give you all. :crazy2: Thanks again Lisa - for everything!

I love the Castle bag and Walt and Mickey on the back! This might be my favorite bag yet! The interior fabric definitely reminds me of fireworks-how fun!

Awww.... Thanks!!! I am so glad you like it! Yah - that fabric really hit me too. I try so hard to stay away from white (I'd never do it on the exterior, unless someone requested it and insisted), so I even hesitated to do white on the interior pocket - but I think it turned out pretty well. I just loved all the hidden Mickeys all over - I couldn't have planned that any better.

*speechless* ...... its beautiful D~ :love:

Thank you Suzi!

Love the castle bag it is absolutely fabulous.

Thanks Chiara!

Amazing job on the castle bag. Love the castle and the Mickey Balloons on the wallet.

Josh and the girls must be busy with all those hostas and waterfall work. Can you send them to my house when they are done? ;) I hope you are feeling better and can get back to your sewing room when you get all your running around done.

Thanks Liz! Yah - the got all the remaining hostas planted yesterday, it looks very nice. I'd really like to get about 100 more, they are so low maintenance. I did not get back up to my sewing room... The castle bag set took about 2 hours longer than I wanted it to, so I had to rush out the door to make it to the DMV before they closed. But I made it. I didn't get home until it was time to make dinner, it was just a crazy day all around.

I am super excited that you are planning to come to Charlotte - I am really looking forward to meeting you!

OMG! I think that is my favorite so far! The Mickey & Walt on the back brought tears to my eyes. :worship:

Awww... Thanks! I don't think that my bags have ever brought anyone to tears. :flower3:

LOVE it!!!!!!!

Thanks Ruth!!! I am so glad!!!

I have a new offical favorite bag!!! Good for you that I don't live close, because I would be over in a heartbeat to steal it.:rotfl2:

ROFL - thanks Corri!

I would have never guessed the castle!

It's amazing -- I like the silhouette applique on the back :)

And I LOVE the interior fabric!!! That my dear is my kind of fabric -- is it from a quilt shop (not that I can afford any new fabric right now :sad1:)?

THank you! Actually, I bumped into it at Hobby Lobby when we were on the way back from the AG sale a few weeks ago. Sometimes I just wonder around the fabric and something jumps out at me - couldn't have been better timing IMO.

I was going to guess castle after the second clue. LOVE it! As always, amazing bag, love all the details, Walt and Mickey, Mickey balloons, and fireworks fabric. Very happy bag!

You should have guessed that! LOL But - I never could have told you that you were right until I posted the bag. LOL I agree, it is a very happy bag.

BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the new bag and just love Walt and Mickey on the bag!! So can't wait for mine!!!!

Thanks Sandra! Yours will be here before you know it!

:love: WOW... just love this one too! Just amazing.:cool1:

Thanks Michelle!

Anyways - such a crazy day yesterday... Finishing up the wallet and everything else took my so much longer than I thought it would. Josh tells me that I need to double (at least) all of my time estimates, because I am never done when I say I want to be. :crazy2:

Got the registration done for the Edge - now I can legally drive it for another year. :thumbsup2

Got a few groceries... Spent way to much for the few things I got. So annoying.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! :)

D~

Last edited:
can't wait to see what you come up with for your AG outfit....when I told Megan about the swap, she was scared she would have to swap one of the outfits or the one Andrea made her...told her no she could choose a store bought one...Megan said oh good I could NEVER part with my custom's :)

I love your castle bag!!! The silhouette on the back...A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! :worship: It's my favorite appliqué ever!!

The Castle is the main attraction - but some how this also turned into an "essence of Disney" UPB too...

IMG_6705.jpg

IMG_6706.jpg

Back:

IMG_6707.jpg

The interior pics are really bad... I forgot to take them before I assembled the bag (I had to turn the bag inside out to get a good pic), and I took them with my phone (no flash)... But I love the interior fabric because it reminded me of fireworks and there's hidden Mickeys all over.

20120729_155153.jpg

20120729_155237.jpg

D~

Oooooooooooooooooo. I :love::love::love: the new bag. When I first joined dis my user name was castledreams, but there was someone on disboutique whose name was castlecreations so I changed. My favorite "ride" at WDW is sitting on the benches and just staring at the castle. I know that when I can see it I'm really at the Magic Kindom and not home.

G*R*E*A*T job. The fabric choices, the careful applique, the design. Magnifique.

Have you thought about printing your PTR as a "souvenir" of the trip. I don't know if there's a way to do that or not, but seems like it would be a good keepsake. (And I'm not just saying that because you'll think of me every ocne in a while. :scratchin )

Have you thought about printing your PTR as a "souvenir" of the trip. I don't know if there's a way to do that or not, but seems like it would be a good keepsake. (And I'm not just saying that because you'll think of me every one in a while. :scratchin )

:rotfl2:

I love the castle on the new bag!! I knew you could do a castle :)

Now picture this ..... a night time castle with fireworks in the background :idea: I think I have a few months until it's my turn, so just keep that in mind!

Wow, another amazing bag!

Thanks Tink!

can't wait to see what you come up with for your AG outfit....when I told Megan about the swap, she was scared she would have to swap one of the outfits or the one Andrea made her...told her no she could choose a store bought one...Megan said oh good I could NEVER part with my custom's :)

Awww... Megan is so sweet - I am so glad that she still enjoys the outfits I made for her!

I didn't even get close to starting my AG outfit yesterday... This "little" side project is taking way longer than my brain ever thought it would. :rolleyes: Maybe today I will get to it?

Thanks, D ! We are definitely going to give it a try, let's see what happens ;)

Oh good, please let me know how it goes. :thumbsup2

I love your castle bag!!! The silhouette on the back...A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! :worship: It's my favorite appliqué ever!!

Awww... thanks!

Oooooooooooooooooo. I :love::love::love: the new bag. When I first joined dis my user name was castledreams, but there was someone on disboutique whose name was castlecreations so I changed. My favorite "ride" at WDW is sitting on the benches and just staring at the castle. I know that when I can see it I'm really at the Magic Kindom and not home.

G*R*E*A*T job. The fabric choices, the careful applique, the design. Magnifique.

Have you thought about printing your PTR as a "souvenir" of the trip. I don't know if there's a way to do that or not, but seems like it would be a good keepsake. (And I'm not just saying that because you'll think of me every one in a while. :scratchin )

LOL and Thanks Cheryl (super glad to see you - I've missed you!)... I am not sure I could ever print my TR... I think I will just leave it on The Dis for posterity. :cool2:

I love the castle on the new bag!! I knew you could do a castle :)

Now picture this ..... a night time castle with fireworks in the background :idea: I think I have a few months until it's my turn, so just keep that in mind!

Have a great day everyone!

D~

Last edited:
you'll get your stuff done D! we can't wait to finally meet you :goodvibes

will be checking in when I can so be good, I'll be watching :magnify: :rotfl:

LOL and Thanks Cheryl (super glad to see you - I've missed you!)... I am not sure I could ever print my TR... I think I will just leave it on The Dis for posterity. :cool2:

D~

Thank you for thinking of my posterior. :blush: Not many people do. :sad1:

The Castle is the main attraction - but some how this also turned into an "essence of Disney" UPB too...

IMG_6705.jpg

IMG_6706.jpg

Back:

IMG_6707.jpg

The interior pics are really bad... I forgot to take them before I assembled the bag (I had to turn the bag inside out to get a good pic), and I took them with my phone (no flash)... But I love the interior fabric because it reminded me of fireworks and there's hidden Mickeys all over.

20120729_155153.jpg

20120729_155237.jpg

D~

OMG This is beautiful!! I was just thinking before I saw this that an EPCOT spaceship earth bag might be awesome. I may have to order another. :0)

Just read your trip report and loved it!! Will admit I didn't have time to read the comments however!

Your puppy is SO adorable and I bet that is what made your daughter feel better!!;)

What a wonderful trip you had! I love POFQ!! Pretty, calm and peaceful!

You had some great meals it looked like! I was sorry you didn't like the lunch offerings at TH, but I am glad that breakfast was still available!!

Your bags are beautiful!! Truly works of art! I will look forward to more of your trip reports and I am so happy DD was better after you got home!!

D~ I have been hearing about this magnificent bag with the Castle and Mickey and I have to agree it is iconic and beautiful! Well done as always. How about a Splash Mountain bag have you thought of doing that yet, or has it been ordered? Lisa loves that ride and it was one of my favorite AG outfits you made. I remember you said it took too many hours though...

you'll get your stuff done D! we can't wait to finally meet you :goodvibes

will be checking in when I can so be good, I'll be watching :magnify: :rotfl:

Hey now... Have I ever really been bad? :confused3

Thank you for thinking of my posterior. :blush: Not many people do. :sad1:

There's a reason for that. :rotfl2:

OMG This is beautiful!! I was just thinking before I saw this that an EPCOT spaceship earth bag might be awesome. I may have to order another. :0)

:thumbsup2

Just read your trip report and loved it!! Will admit I didn't have time to read the comments however!

Your puppy is SO adorable and I bet that is what made your daughter feel better!!;)

What a wonderful trip you had! I love POFQ!! Pretty, calm and peaceful!

You had some great meals it looked like! I was sorry you didn't like the lunch offerings at TH, but I am glad that breakfast was still available!!

Your bags are beautiful!! Truly works of art! I will look forward to more of your trip reports and I am so happy DD was better after you got home!!

Thanks - MM is getting so big... He is just getting into his teenager years, so he doesn't listen very well. Sigh.

Yah - we got lucky at TH, a definate must for breakfast though!

And thank you for your compliments. :) I really do have fun making my bags. :thumbsup2

D~ I have been hearing about this magnificent bag with the Castle and Mickey and I have to agree it is iconic and beautiful! Well done as always. How about a Splash Mountain bag have you thought of doing that yet, or has it been ordered? Lisa loves that ride and it was one of my favorite AG outfits you made. I remember you said it took too many hours though...

Awww... Thanks Judy. So very glad to see you up and out visiting again. :grouphug: I know your last several days have been so stressful, and I just wanted to apologize for anything I may have added to your plate. :grouphug:

I have thought about doing a SM bag, for myself, LOL... But yes - that SM AG outfit was INSANE! Part of the reason that it was so hard was that it was soooo tiny, unfortunately, the piece I applique on the bag isn't much bigger than the piece I did on the AG outfit. But I would still love to do done for myself one day - it's such a great ride... If only I could find an easy way to do the Briar Patch - that's the most difficult part.

Still working on that darn little project in my sewing room. Sigh. Not only has it taken longer than I anticiapated, but it has taken MUCH longer. And it's still not done - almost, but not quite. :confused3

Today, well - it was my bff's bday yesterday, and she sat in meetings all day. I tried to make her feel better about it, and offered to take her out to lunch at her place of choice today. She chose our favorite Mexican restaurant, which is about a 45 minute drive one way for me... While I am over that direction, I am going to stop in at Joann's and grab a few supplies, and I have to stop and gather some groceries. So, there goes my morning & a portion of my afternoon.

I was paying bills the other morning, and I realized that we only have 2 payments left on V's braces! :cool1: I am still doing the happy dance. :cool1: I am still hoping that she gets them off soon - she was wearing her rubberbands really well for about 2 weeks, now she hasn't had them on all week. :confused3 We've been lecturing her non-stop that if she doesn't wear her rubberbands, she will have to wear her braces for the rest of her life. :crazy2: I think I need to lecture her again this morning.

Sorry my TR is so boring... I feel so bad. I am about ready to start a PTR, so I can at least dream about going on another trip. :beach:

Have a fantastic day everyone! :)

D~

Last edited:
Your TR is NOT boring!!! I haven't commented lately because I just don't have anything to contribute when the convos are about sewing. :lmao: Yours is one of the first TR's I pull up in the mornings to check updates on. I heart your daily ramblings! :goodvibes

Hi, you have got me curious about your latest side project but I am sure you will share when the time comes.

I loved your Splash outfit too. Maybe you could make a really cool shirt for your next trip to show off all the details. I remember thinking that it was so detailed and could tell that it took a really long time. I would suggest a messenger bag but I think you like to travel light with your UPB plus I love your toy story bag.

What are the details on the AG outfit swap for the meet? I'm still trying to figure out my plans for the trip. My kids go back to school next week and we have open house, etc. Plus I decided to clean their rooms/closets and I have not been on the computer. My DD (10 1/2) decided she wanted a room where she could play with her American Girl doll and Bitty Baby. We decided to clean up the closet in our guest bedroom (it is pretty big and only used to store linens) so we spent the better part of a day cleaning it out and setting up all her doll stuff (she doesn't have too much). She hasn't spent too much time in there but I think she is happy to have her own place to play. I was thinking of you and your girls when we were setting up the room. :)

Do you know of a good source to buy hangers for the AG doll clothes? They don't have to be AG brand but we have room to hang up all the clothes (mostly bitty baby's) and we don't have enough hangers. Thanks

I would love to do one like that Stephanie... You'll have to let me think on it though - the fireworks might be the sticking point and may add some cost to the applique? :scratchin But I will think seriously about it. :thumbsup2

I went to Joanne's today and found this ....

P1020818.jpg

So I bought a yard, which I could send you if it might help you to come up with an idea :goodvibes Just something to keep in mind while you're thinking :scratchin

I also wanted to share my favorite night time fireworks photo. My DD took it and it's now my background photo on my laptop. I love it!

P1020160.jpg

Here's another one she took. She was so mad that that light post is in all the pictures!

P1020144.jpg

Sorry they're so big, I didn't mean to take over your trip report :rolleyes: Just giving you some ideas :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter