Sew much to do, sew little time - but it was worth it! New PTR link posted! ~~~~~~~~~

Please send me a pm or a heads up on facebook when you start your new PTR!

I will Tink! :thumbsup2

Your TR is NOT boring!!! I haven't commented lately because I just don't have anything to contribute when the convos are about sewing. :lmao: Yours is one of the first TR's I pull up in the mornings to check updates on. I heart your daily ramblings! :goodvibes

LOL Oopsi... We can talk about other things too. :thumbsup2 I just wish I had a real trip to plan.

Hi, you have got me curious about your latest side project but I am sure you will share when the time comes.

Yes, I plan to share when the time comes... It might be a few weeks though. The timing must be right. :rolleyes:

I loved your Splash outfit too. Maybe you could make a really cool shirt for your next trip to show off all the details. I remember thinking that it was so detailed and could tell that it took a really long time. I would suggest a messenger bag but I think you like to travel light with your UPB plus I love your toy story bag.

Thanks Liz! I hope to make a splash bag one day, I really do. Honestly - if I did, I think I would have to modify the UPB

Oh, and for those of you that haven't seen, or want a reminder - here's the outfit we are discussing...

IMG_17851-1.jpg
aIMG_1823.jpg
aIMG_1824.jpg

What are the details on the AG outfit swap for the meet? I'm still trying to figure out my plans for the trip. My kids go back to school next week and we have open house, etc. Plus I decided to clean their rooms/closets and I have not been on the computer. My DD (10 1/2) decided she wanted a room where she could play with her American Girl doll and Bitty Baby. We decided to clean up the closet in our guest bedroom (it is pretty big and only used to store linens) so we spent the better part of a day cleaning it out and setting up all her doll stuff (she doesn't have too much). She hasn't spent too much time in there but I think she is happy to have her own place to play. I was thinking of you and your girls when we were setting up the room. :)

There really aren't any specific rules for the swap... It's make an outfit (or purchase one), and bring it with on Saturday, and then we do a swap... Basically bring and outfit - take an outfit home with you. No pressure, if you don't have time - it's no big deal. :thumbsup2 We just wanted to do something fun. :)

I also have to say - I think it is super awesome that your dd now has her own AG area. I know I've said it a thousand times, but the years I spent on the floor playing AG with my girls are some of the most precious memories we have together. As an adult, I never really "played", but I sat there for hours with them, dressing and doing their hair. It was a lot of fun -- and something I totally cherish. I think that is why we haven't packed away the dolls yet - I like to look at them and remember my girls being little.

Do you know of a good source to buy hangers for the AG doll clothes? They don't have to be AG brand but we have room to hang up all the clothes (mostly bitty baby's) and we don't have enough hangers. Thanks

I hate to say this, but I don't have a good source. I am quite anal about all of our AG outfits hanging (I don't dare show pictures again...) - Once upon a time, all AG outfits came with hangers, in an effort to reduce costs, they stopped doing that. To be honest, I purchase my hangers directly from AG... I think you get 12 for $8. Which is expensive, but - IMO - it's less than $1 per hanger, and those outfits are soooo expenive, I think of it as an investment, if it keeps them off the floor and well taken care of.

I went to Joanne's today and found this ....

th_P1020818.jpg

So I bought a yard, which I could send you if it might help you to come up with an idea :goodvibes Just something to keep in mind while you're thinking :scratchin

LOL Stephanie...

I also wanted to share my favorite night time fireworks photo. My DD took it and it's now my background photo on my laptop. I love it!

th_P1020160.jpg

Here's another one she took. She was so mad that that light post is in all the pictures!

th_P1020144.jpg

Sorry they're so big, I didn't mean to take over your trip report :rolleyes: Just giving you some ideas :)

I love those photos!!! I can see why they are your favorite!

Since we have been doing some AG discussion as of late... and I've been posting very few photos...

For all of the people who follow my TR that are AG fans (I know there are several of you)... I thought I would post this info for people who haven't heard yet. AG is planning to release a new historial - Caroline Abbott - from the year 1812. She debuts on Sept 4th. :)

From AG: You know her name. You know her year. Now discover more about our newest historical character as we reveal the Caroline doll and where her story takes place — Sackets Harbor, New York, on the shores of Lake Ontario as the War of 1812 begins. Stayed tuned for more about Caroline as we count down to her debut…

558248_433297310046768_871349251_n.jpg

Personally - I think she is gorgeous, and one of the first dolls in a very long time that I really like. I will have to see what the rest of her collection looks like, because I have been very disappointed in the amount of plastic items they have been releasing lately. But I am a sucker for blond curly hair... When V was younger, she had the cutest blond hair. princess:

I had a great lunch out with my bff yesterday. It was a lot of fun to go to our favorite restaurant - we haven't been there in so long! However, I have to be so careful with Mexican food... It always brings on the most awful of stomach pain/rib pain for me... So I was fighting it all day yesterday, and even still this morning. I hate that I love Mexican food so much - but I really should't eat it. The strange part, is that it only happens when I eat out - if I make it at home, I am usually fine.

The girls and I didn't get home until late. I am determined to finish up my little project today, and hopefully get it in the mail one day this week. I have an idea for my AG outfit for the swap.. So, I want to get it cut out, so I can work on it a bit here and there. Then I need to get my next bag cut out and start on quilting it. I have 2 bags that I must finish and get in the mail before I leave for Charlotte! :crazy2:

Have a wonderful weekend all!

D~

Last edited:
Wow! Slow day yesterday. :badpc:

Crazy day for me... It started out with V and I taking MM to the vet get his food (he didn't have enough for dinner even). So, I put a blanket in the Edge, and lifted a damp MM in... Drive the 7 miles to the vet, and they were closed. :faint: Seriously... "Closed this Saturday - sorry for the inconvenience"... MM was not a happy boy. I had promised him treats... Sigh. And I was hoping to get him weighed - he is officialy too heavy and too big/awkward to carry.

So, we brought MM home, and ran to the meat market before they closed.

Then, I came back home to do a search to find out the closest Vet that's open on a Saturday who carries his food. I had an hour to drive 35 miles... ACK... So, Alli and I ran out the door. We made it just in time - and MM now happily has a full belly for the next month. :woohoo: That could have been VERY bad...

So, then I came home and I finally finished my little sewing project. I have a couple of little things to add to it before I can mail it out though. Thankfully, I don't have to make any of them. :wizard:

Also, I made my first AG dress in months... Can't believe I used to make them all the time. It turned out cute, but I definately think I've lost my touch on those. Unfortunately, I can't show you pictures, because it's my swap outfit for Charlotte... but I will give you a teaser photo. :stir:

20120804_192636a.jpg

And that's it.

I'll start my next bag this morning. Ideally, I'd like to have it finished by Wed, so I can start my next bag on Saturday and easily finish it up and get it in the mail before I leave. :thumbsup2

I hope you all have an amazing day today! :)

D~

:goodvibes Love the teaser photo. I so wish I would be able to see it in person when you all go to NC :sad:

But I did get to see Marianne today. :cool1: Although just for a few minutes. :lmao:

And sorry Marianne my DH said I need to warn him next time someone comes over.... he didn't have a shirt on and my poor kids all played shy and hid behind the couch :confused3

Wow, almost 20 pages, I think. :lmao:

I know I'm late ... but some comments before I head over to your new PTR!!!

V's bag is amazing! She did such a wonderful job with it!!!!!!!

Totally loved the Pluto and Castle bags! How creative!!!!

And as always, I love your PP pictures! :hug:

Anyway, heading to your new thread, where I'm sure I'll have 20 more pages to read. :lmao:

Wow, almost 20 pages, I think. :lmao:

I know I'm late ... but some comments before I head over to your new PTR!!!

V's bag is amazing! She did such a wonderful job with it!!!!!!!

Totally loved the Pluto and Castle bags! How creative!!!!

And as always, I love your PP pictures! :hug:

Anyway, heading to your new thread, where I'm sure I'll have 20 more pages to read. :lmao:

LOL Oopsi - actually, my new thread is going much slower than usual... I think there are only 5 pages there. :confused3

I will be sure to tell V that you love her bag. She is so proud of it!

And thanks for the comments on my bags. :)

Missin' you, and glad to see you here. :hug:

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter