Seven isn't too far away-y-y-y-y-y; in fact it's here now! AKL Lite Thread presents:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brandi, too funny about the cookies. Why would they even think to do that? :confused3 I know it's hot but why bring cookie dough in your car...

Afternoon J's & K's - hope everyone is good today!!! It's storming here AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :furious: --- seriously, it's been every day for over a week now.......... I'm OVER it!!!! AND if that wasn't bad enough, had to cancel our Feb. trip!!! DH will be in an outage - they just found out. I'm NOT a happy camper right now. :sad:

Sorry to hear about the trip being cancelled!! But if you need an alternative date - I have heard that late April is good. You might find some interesting people at WDW then... ;):goodvibes

We've had single night stays at AKL twice, prior to DCL cruises. On our Disney bucket list is a longer than 1 night stay here. Considering AKL this fall, versus Swan/Dolphin. It would be nice to relax at AKL, and take in some of the experiences available there, plus try Sanaa, and return to Jiko (and hope to erase the memory of a lackluster steak dinner).
A couple of questions:
To do Sunrise Safari, you must be CL. Are there still DVC rooms in Jambo House, or are all of 5 and 6 CL? FAQ page 1 says safari is only Sunday and Thursday: is that still the case? If we decide to stay here, we might just have to plan arrival and departure around this, so we have a chance to hit it. Can you find out if it is available by checking with IPO first, and then booking a CL room?

Thank you.

We've had single night stays at AKL twice, prior to DCL cruises. On our Disney bucket list is a longer than 1 night stay here. Considering AKL this fall, versus Swan/Dolphin. It would be nice to relax at AKL, and take in some of the experiences available there, plus try Sanaa, and return to Jiko (and hope to erase the memory of a lackluster steak dinner).
A couple of questions:
To do Sunrise Safari, you must be CL. Are there still DVC rooms in Jambo House, or are all of 5 and 6 CL? FAQ page 1 says safari is only Sunday and Thursday: is that still the case? If we decide to stay here, we might just have to plan arrival and departure around this, so we have a chance to hit it. Can you find out if it is available by checking with IPO first, and then booking a CL room?

Thank you.

You aren't supposed to contact IPO without a confirmed reservation. If you book far enough in advance, you won't have any problem booking the Sunrise Safari. It is on Thursday and Sunday mornings only, but since ONLY CL guests can book it, it's normally not that hard to get. ;)

There are regular (non-DVC) resort rooms (on floor 4) for CL guests. Floor 5 is DVC, but not CL. All of 6 (Lounge level) is DVC CL (but as you know, there are very few of those rooms).

I'm not sure if I really answered your question -- please let us know if you still need clarification. :)

Wendy, so sorry about February. :sad1:

Magdalene -- so nice to see you back here where you belong! :hug:

:goodvibes

Didn't see the original post, but sorry to hear that you had to cancel, Wendy! I hope you will be able to reschedule soon!

You aren't supposed to contact IPO without a confirmed reservation. If you book far enough in advance, you won't have any problem booking the Sunrise Safari. It is on Thursday and Sunday mornings only, but since ONLY CL guests can book it, it's normally not that hard to get. ;)

There are regular (non-DVC) resort rooms (on floor 4) for CL guests. Floor 5 is DVC, but not CL. All of 6 (Lounge level) is DVC CL (but as you know, there are very few of those rooms).

I'm not sure if I really answered your question -- please let us know if you still need clarification. :)

Thanks! I think that answers it. We weren't sure how popular the safari was, and figured it sold out quickly. We don't have firm fall travel dates yet.

Thanks also for the clarification on rooms, as we were confused about what rooms were where, with DVC rooms in Jambo house, etc. We stayed CL at BC a couple of years ago, and enjoyed it. Used the CL evening offerings to replace appetizers, cocktails, and desert at our dinner ADR locations. It also had enough stuff to keep us happy for breakfast.

Thanks! I think that answers it. We weren't sure how popular the safari was, and figured it sold out quickly. We don't have firm fall travel dates yet.

Thanks also for the clarification on rooms, as we were confused about what rooms were where, with DVC rooms in Jambo house, etc. We stayed CL at BC a couple of years ago, and enjoyed it. Used the CL evening offerings to replace appetizers, cocktails, and desert at our dinner ADR locations. It also had enough stuff to keep us happy for breakfast.

Glad we were able to help! :thumbsup2

I just wanted to add, if you enjoyed BC CL, I'm fairly certain you would love AKL-CL!! :cloud9: Their breakfast selection is AMAZING! We also make it a point to get back in time for the 5-7pm hors d'oeuvres, wine and beer! 8-10pm is desserts and cordials! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: (great, now I'm hungry.......... and thirsty!! :rotfl:)

Afternoon J's & K's - hope everyone is good today!!! It's storming here AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :furious: --- seriously, it's been every day for over a week now.......... I'm OVER it!!!! AND if that wasn't bad enough, had to cancel our Feb. trip!!! DH will be in an outage - they just found out. I'm NOT a happy camper right now. :sad:

Oh no Wendy that's terrible, I think this was the trip that we were planning on meeting up, but I think we're going to end up canceling too. This was our reschedule of the trip with our friend Arline.

She was determined to live on her own and we outfitted her an apartment with everything HA she needed including ramp and a Life Alert type alarm, but on her 4th night living alone (after two months staying with us), she had a fall or something because I found her on the floor around noon today after she didn't answer the phone. The paramedics took her and she needed emergency brain surgery because she had fallen and hit her head sometime in the last two weeks to a month and had a brain hemmorhage that must have come to a culmination last night.

She now has a long road of recovery ahead of her. We have been trying to take her to AKL since 2009 and something has always interrupted our plans. I won't cancel our February trip just yet, but I don't think she will be ready for travel that soon. I won't book the airfare just yet.

Prayers will be appreciated. With what Fran has going on it seems almost minimal to what is happening with Arline.

Wendy, I am sorry you had to cancel your February trip. :(

Oh no Wendy that's terrible, I think this was the trip that we were planning on meeting up, but I think we're going to end up canceling too. This was our reschedule of the trip with our friend Arline.

She was determined to live on her own and we outfitted her an apartment with everything HA she needed including ramp and a Life Alert type alarm, but on her 4th night living alone (after two months staying with us), she had a fall or something because I found her on the floor around noon today after she didn't answer the phone. The paramedics took her and she needed emergency brain surgery because she had fallen and hit her head sometime in the last two weeks to a month and had a brain hemmorhage that must have come to a culmination last night.

She now has a long road of recovery ahead of her. We have been trying to take her to AKL since 2009 and something has always interrupted our plans. I won't cancel our February trip just yet, but I don't think she will be ready for travel that soon. I won't book the airfare just yet.

Prayers will be appreciated. With what Fran has going on it seems almost minimal to what is happening with Arline.

Prayers for all of you!

Alison, I am so sorry to read of your continuing issues. You poor thing! I am thankful that Arline has you in her life. She is a very lucky lady. Good thoughts are headed your way.

Good Afternoon to all my J's & K's :cool1:

It is beautiful here today.....at least right this minute. We have been having a lot of severe thunder strorms the past three or for days. We need the water so that is great, but flash floods and hail are not my idea of fun during rush hour traffic. :scared:

Ann

No Ann, that is no fun... Hope you made it home ok..

Prayers and PixieDust coming y'alls way... :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter