Seven isn't too far away-y-y-y-y-y; in fact it's here now! AKL Lite Thread presents:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Js and Ks!

Wendy - So sorry you had to cancel your trip. :hug:

Alison - Prayers for Arline. It seems in your situation, when it rains, it pours. :hug:

Thanks everyone for your prayers and kind words. Everything is so surreal right now contacting all her friends and remaining family.

Now that we hit page 250 can we start seeing all those beautiful pictures of the lodge to make me homesick for my next journey?

Afternoon J's & K's - hope everyone is well today!!! It's FINALLY not raining........ I'm gonna try to go lay out for the rest of the afternoon!! Hope you all have a great Tues!!! :goodvibes

Wendy, I'm sorry you had to cancel your trip. :hug:

Thanks Pam

Sorry to hear about the trip being cancelled!! But if you need an alternative date - I have heard that late April is good. You might find some interesting people at WDW then... ;):goodvibes

Mags......... Thanks sweetie!!! I think we are looking at the middle/end of May again........ DS just can't miss a whole week of school anymore - he's in 7th now and I'm worried he'd miss too much, not to mention they really frown upon it when they get to higher grade levels. I DO wish we could meet up again........... I'd love to see you!!! HUGS!!

Wendy, so sorry about February. :sad1:

Magdalene -- so nice to see you back here where you belong! :hug:

:goodvibes

Thanks Laura!!! ~~ I agree - good to see Mags back!!!

Didn't see the original post, but sorry to hear that you had to cancel, Wendy! I hope you will be able to reschedule soon!

Thanks!!

Oh no Wendy that's terrible, I think this was the trip that we were planning on meeting up, but I think we're going to end up canceling too. This was our reschedule of the trip with our friend Arline.

She was determined to live on her own and we outfitted her an apartment with everything HA she needed including ramp and a Life Alert type alarm, but on her 4th night living alone (after two months staying with us), she had a fall or something because I found her on the floor around noon today after she didn't answer the phone. The paramedics took her and she needed emergency brain surgery because she had fallen and hit her head sometime in the last two weeks to a month and had a brain hemmorhage that must have come to a culmination last night.

She now has a long road of recovery ahead of her. We have been trying to take her to AKL since 2009 and something has always interrupted our plans. I won't cancel our February trip just yet, but I don't think she will be ready for travel that soon. I won't book the airfare just yet.

Prayers will be appreciated. With what Fran has going on it seems almost minimal to what is happening with Arline.

OMG Alison......... how awful!!! Lord knows I've been praying for you guys - you've had it so rough - hugs my friend, know we are all here for you guys!!!

Wendy, I am sorry you had to cancel your February trip. :(

Thanks Elin - as stated above, we are looking at May - just gotta get DS's school schedule, it's not posted yet............ and school starts in less than a month - post the darn thing already!!!! LOL :) How are you and Bob - hope you are getting a little break with all the work you have lately!!! :)

Page number 250!

Oh, Kimmar - time for Lite VIII?
:worship:

:cool1:

So Sorry to hear this... :hug:

Thanks Sweetie!!!

Good Morning Js and Ks!

Wendy - So sorry you had to cancel your trip. :hug:

Thanks Kathy!! No matter what - next time we ARE meeting up!!! I really am sorry we missed you guys that day - I didn't get your text soon enough - then by the time I called, you didn't answer........ but next time FOR SURE!!!! :)

Thanks everyone for your prayers and kind words. Everything is so surreal right now contacting all her friends and remaining family.

Now that we hit page 250 can we start seeing all those beautiful pictures of the lodge to make me homesick for my next journey?

:hug:

Thanks Kathy!! No matter what - next time we ARE meeting up!!! I really am sorry we missed you guys that day - I didn't get your text soon enough - then by the time I called, you didn't answer........ but next time FOR SURE!!!! :)
:hug:

Wendy, I'm sure we will meet up soon.:goodvibes Missed your call because of the noise in the MK, but I did leave three or four messages on your phone that day. :confused3

Wendy, I'm sure we will meet up soon.:goodvibes Missed your call because of the noise in the MK, but I did leave three or four messages on your phone that day. :confused3

Hey, YES, I know, I finally got them when I got back to the room!!! It was a crazy day for both of us............ we had SO many people with us........ it was hard to keep up with just them!!!! Anyway - I'm sure we'll see you next time!! :goodvibes

Wendy, I am sorry that you had to cancel your trip and hope that the rescheduled trip will be all the more magical.

Oh no Wendy that's terrible, I think this was the trip that we were planning on meeting up, but I think we're going to end up canceling too. This was our reschedule of the trip with our friend Arline.

She was determined to live on her own and we outfitted her an apartment with everything HA she needed including ramp and a Life Alert type alarm, but on her 4th night living alone (after two months staying with us), she had a fall or something because I found her on the floor around noon today after she didn't answer the phone. The paramedics took her and she needed emergency brain surgery because she had fallen and hit her head sometime in the last two weeks to a month and had a brain hemmorhage that must have come to a culmination last night.

She now has a long road of recovery ahead of her. We have been trying to take her to AKL since 2009 and something has always interrupted our plans. I won't cancel our February trip just yet, but I don't think she will be ready for travel that soon. I won't book the airfare just yet.

Prayers will be appreciated. With what Fran has going on it seems almost minimal to what is happening with Arline.

Prayers and positive thoughts heading your way.

Corinna

Quick question for all you AKL pros. When making a reso for conc. at AKL what's the best way to get savanna view instead of pool view? Just request it and hope for the best or is something else more effective? Thanks for your help.

Let's get started with some of our favorite AKL pictures. :yay::yay::yay:

This picture is hanging on the wall of Zawadi Marketplace. I would love to buy it, but the price tag is rather high ($3,500).

2011wdwtrip073.jpg

Quick question for all you AKL pros. When making a reso for conc. at AKL what's the best way to get savanna view instead of pool view? Just request it and hope for the best or is something else more effective? Thanks for your help.

I'm a little confused (to know me is to know that happens easily!! :laughing:). Are you asking about AKL Club Level? If it's a resort room, you will have a Savannah view. :thumbsup2

If it's a DVC villa (very few Club Level villas exist), you may get Savannah or you may get Pool. In that case, yes - request "Savannah" and hope for the best! :)

Kathy, I don't have any fresh pictures of AKL -- mine have all been posted before. Tells me I'm overdue to get back there and get some "new" shots! ;)

I'm a little confused (to know me is to know that happens easily!! :laughing:). Are you asking about AKL Club Level? If it's a resort room, you will have a Savannah view. :thumbsup2

If it's a DVC villa (very few Club Level villas exist), you may get Savannah or you may get Pool. In that case, yes - request "Savannah" and hope for the best! :)

Yes, I'm asking about club level at the resort. I thought I read somewhere that some of the club level rooms are pool view. So if I book club level at the resort I will get a savanna view. Thanks

Wendy I am so sorry you have to cancel your February trip. :hug:

Glad to hear that you will be going in May. :)

Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter