September or October?

We've been both times. We prefer October BUT we don't book the promotions Disney releases as we stay on DVC points. October is typically blacked out for promotions like free dining. The crowd levels are also higher in October, but we just make sure we plan and take into account the best parks to visit each day. We were there the last week of October in 2015 and it was in the upper 80s/low 90s so still very warm for us Northerners, but we experienced very little rain and found it more comfortable than the extreme heat/humidity of September.

Food & Wine starts mid-September and the Halloween parties begin early September, so the park will be decorated for Fall/Halloween.

IF you are there ON Halloween - the resorts to special events - each resort has special characters that will come out and meet - we stayed at POP last yer and it was Sailor Mickey and Minnie - The CM will take pictures for you since there is no photopass photographer
Cool! Thank you!

Yes.... this! Believe me, we were there for the holidays and Columbus Day one year (and President's Day.... you would think we would learn) and the parks were PACKED with out of school folks and an entire Cheerleading competition (February). Sometimes, it's worth it to pull your kids out of school.
Check those holidays - especially the Jewish ones. Have fun!
Thanks for the heads up :)

We've been both times. We prefer October BUT we don't book the promotions Disney releases as we stay on DVC points. October is typically blacked out for promotions like free dining. The crowd levels are also higher in October, but we just make sure we plan and take into account the best parks to visit each day. We were there the last week of October in 2015 and it was in the upper 80s/low 90s so still very warm for us Northerners, but we experienced very little rain and found it more comfortable than the extreme heat/humidity of September.
Food & Wine starts mid-September and the Halloween parties begin early September, so the park will be decorated for Fall/Halloween.
Thank you! I was there in October two years ago and we got free dining. I was hoping for it again this year but alas... I guess a lot of people have figured out that October is a good month to go. The package prices were lower as well.
Now I have to figure out if November is any better...

Now I have to figure out if November is any better...

We've been in November too. Free dining is blacked out over Veteran's Day/Jersey Week but we have been able to get it the week before Thanksgiving. Crowds are lesser than October and if you time it right, you can catch the Christmas decor. Only thing with November for us is that the weather has been dicey each time. One year was 50s and 60s, which made it especially cold in the mornings and evenings. We had jackets on. Pool time can also be questionable that time of year.

How does late September fare versus early to mid-October, both weather and crowd wise? We will be there the last week of September, so curious what that will be like since it's the 'transition' over to October? :confused3

We've been in November too. Free dining is blacked out over Veteran's Day/Jersey Week but we have been able to get it the week before Thanksgiving. Crowds are lesser than October and if you time it right, you can catch the Christmas decor. Only thing with November for us is that the weather has been dicey each time. One year was 50s and 60s, which made it especially cold in the mornings and evenings. We had jackets on. Pool time can also be questionable that time of year.
I'm thinking maybe the end of October-beginning of November. Hopefully the weather will still be warm enough :)

How does late September fare versus early to mid-October, both weather and crowd wise? We will be there the last week of September, so curious what that will be like since it's the 'transition' over to October? :confused3
I got some answers here on the thread but I can't tell you from my own experience.. :confused3

I am choosing between the last week in September and sometime in October --- I can't see the responses you got to this? Is the last week in September any better (drier) than the rest of the month generally??

I'm thinking maybe the end of October-beginning of November. Hopefully the weather will still be warm enough

Should be! We were there last week of October last year and it was unseasonably warm - high 80s and low 90s. It's my understanding its usually low 80s that time of year.

I am choosing between the last week in September and sometime in October --- I can't see the responses you got to this? Is the last week in September any better (drier) than the rest of the month generally??

Last week of September is no different than early September, IMO. It's still humid which causes thunderstorms and it's still in the high point of hurricane season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter