• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September/October 2013 check in

So great to hear what you guys are up to over there, reading your posts make me even more excited about ours, even though we still have 11 months to wait. Keep enjoying and sharing, cant wait to start reading TRs

This thread is so quiet with everyone away on their trips! Just 12 days to go for us. Hope everyone is having a great time!!

yup, only 10 days for us between now and when we leave on the 18th :) time seems to be going by sooo quickly now that we are almost at the single digit dance.

really nervous, and applying for a new job this week, still spring cleaning the house and just have 90 thousand things on my mind :)

hope everyone has some amazing trips and comes back to discuss their wonderful experiences :)

loving the reports from those away right now. :thumbsup2
we loved HRH as well although that was many years ago now.

We arrived at Disneyland yesterday (5/10) and OMG it is packed!!! GayDays plus Halloween celebrations has packed the place out.

We spent the first two nights at the new(ish) Legoland Hotel in Carlsbad. The kids love Legoland so were happy going there first. Hotel was ok - rooms are tiny and already looking slightly worn. I suppose being filled day in day out by young children doesn't help. We don't eat at buffet restaurants as a rule however had breakfast included - cute part was the lower height kids buffet so they could serve themselves.

Other down side is that during the Autumn months weekdays the park closes at 5pm so if can be a bit boring.

The park was good and we got to experience the Water park on our last day. It was packed due to the 30' weather.

Onto Disney and this year we are stopping at The Grand Californian. Can't say it is amazingly better then Disneyland Hotel but it is nice. Couldn't swing a two bedroom villa so had to make do with two adjoining rooms.

Will add more as the days pass.

Hello Everyone!
We are coming from Melbourne (me and my sister (both 32-identical twins!) and our babies (Lachlan 2.5, and Eloise almost 2) on oct 20th-oct27th . We are stating at paradise pier hotel:)

eloiserose said:
Hello Everyone!
We are coming from Melbourne (me and my sister (both 32-identical twins!) and our babies (Lachlan 2.5, and Eloise almost 2) on oct 20th-oct27th . We are stating at paradise pier hotel:)

Welcome! Glad you found your way over here!!! We will be there some of the same time as you, but we are stating at BWPPI.

ok I have been back home for three days and I am already trying to convince wife that we should go again in January 2015 for the marathon and a cruise (cruise is the sweetener). apart from wanting to do the marathon is there something wrong with me?

ok I have been back home for three days and I am already trying to convince wife that we should go again in January 2015 for the marathon and a cruise (cruise is the sweetener). apart from wanting to do the marathon is there something wrong with me?

Nothing wrong with planning another trip - its what keeps us going in the daily grind! I'm planning Disneyland for their 60th anniversary 2015/2016, we went on their 50th and the extra celebrations make it even more special.

At the 2 week mark tomorrow, hopefully I can contain myself at work before I leave!

I haven't even gone on my first trip and have started planning a 2015 almost 40 day both coast trip so nothing wrong with you at all :)

Since I'm on a bit randomly lately rather than miss the goodbyes, have a great holiday Alicia and everyone else who is winging their way across the oceans in any direction in the next few weeks. We will be here waiting to read all about your adventures!!

Parks were back to more manageable crowds today thank goodness. RSR had a 105min wait at 12.15 whilst Soarin' was around 40mins. This year we are pram-less so it is taking me a little while to get used to people walking so s l o w! And that is not my 3yo! I just about lose it when people stop dead in the centre of the paths / roads! Pull over to the side people.

Weather is still really warm - 30' during day but night times the temp drops quite significantly. Think tomorrow night we will pull out either long sleeves or light jackets.

Staff at Grand Calif are nice - not as outgoing happy as Aulani but very nice and helpful.

Nothing wrong with planning another trip - its what keeps us going in the daily grind! I'm planning Disneyland for their 60th anniversary 2015/2016, we went on their 50th and the extra celebrations make it even more special.

Sounds like a plan pixiedust:

I have started reading your TR, PIO. Looking for inspiration for our planned trip to WDW in 2015. It seems very daunting, upon initial looks into it. All the Disney resort accom (with so many abbreviations and talk about pin codes and other discount codes which you apparently hope for but don't know when and if they will arrive!), dining plans, fast pass+ talk has me totally bamboozled!

We arrived home last week. Everything was great! Cars Land is simply amazing, so true to every detail of Radiator Springs. The Grand Californian was worth every penny, just for the proximity...so nice just to walk out of the lobby door and straight into the park. And nice and close to Downtown Disney (Sephora!) too. Also, I highly recommend the photo pass+ - so good to get photos of all 3 of us, plus ride photos and character breakfast photos (which I hear are about $35, alone).

We lucked out with our trip to Denver, as due to me tweeting a reply to the Denver Broncos media manager, we were given on-field passes to watch the team warm-up prior to their game against the Eagles. Amazing! I was so close to my not-so-secret crush Peyton Manning, I was in heaven! And DH was on cloud 9 for about a week - it was his trip highlight (he has been a Broncos fan since the early 90s when he lived there).

Definitely feeling the post holiday blues though, which is why I am planning our next Disney trip (but we may do some sort of cruise in between time - never been on a cruise though, so don't know where to start with that one either!)

Do any of you lovely people know how to address a disneystore.com order for delivery at the resorts? I asked in the AoA thread and was ignored..I don't fancy on paying the stupidly over priced shipping charges to aust ($120 or something they want with what I'm getting :faint: ) and was hoping to get some stuff before we arrived but have NO clue how to do it? I managed to do it just fine on Amazon but the disney site doesn't have enough room and boxes to do the address properly. It's doing my head in :(

yup, so you just address it to the resort but with your name, guest and the date of arrival

eg:
alicia schultz - guest arr 10/26/2013 (don't forget to use american date format)
1850 animation way
bay lake, FL, 32830

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter