September 2015 - Checkin Thread

Woo-hoo! I was able to add a day and switch to DLH for our trip! I am so excited to spend my birthday at DLH. Now we just need the dates for the MHP!

We'll be in Cali the 23rd-29th, 1 night in LA, 3 at BWPPI and 2 at DLH! It's myself (26), 2 cousins (27 and 25), and a friend (23?). Just waiting on MHP dates and Entertainment Schedule... it's going to be a long wait =P

I'll be there with my SIL and friend from 9/5 - 9/8 for my first DL trip and for the DLH. Cannot wait!

We will be going Sept 23-30, it will be myself, DH, DD8, DD5, DS3 and DS1. Hopefully my parents will be joining us and we will be meeting my BFF and her 3 kids, step daughter, grandson, mother in law and her parents. We are staying at desert inn and suites and cant wait! We live 24 hrs away from each other and only see each other once a year at most so to be in my favourite place with my favourite people is a dream come true for me.

We'll be in Cali the 23rd-29th, 1 night in LA, 3 at BWPPI and 2 at DLH! It's myself (26), 2 cousins (27 and 25), and a friend (23?). Just waiting on MHP dates and Entertainment Schedule... it's going to be a long wait =P

You and me both! I'm also wondering what they're doing with HM. I may have to add a day to our ticket and go on our arrival day (Sunday 8/30) so we can see it before it closes for NMBT decorating!

You and me both! I'm also wondering what they're doing with HM. I may have to add a day to our ticket and go on our arrival day (Sunday 8/30) so we can see it before it closes for NMBT decorating!

Last year I arrived on the 26th and it was already down. You may have to go a week earlier if it's really important to you.

If I remember right......they close HM right after Labor Day for decorating

We were supposed to go in February, but our baby couldn't be measles-vaccinated in time. But, he can be in September, so we're booked! Grand Californian (our first stay there), September 18 - 24.

If I remember right......they close HM right after Labor Day for decorating

We were there for Labor Day weekend last year (I arrived the Tuesday prior). It was definitely already closed.

It will probably depend on when they're scheduling Halloween Time to begin this year, but I wouldn't count on being able to ride it over Labor Day.

HM usually closes in late August -- before Labor Day -- to get the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay. However, Haunted Mansion Holiday actually stayed open a bit later into January than usual this past holiday season... which makes me wonder if it will open later than usual this year. The whole Halloween Time season is a big question mark because of the 60th anniversary events, which will be going strong all year long. It's hard to predict how things will go. Stay tuned to the Halloween Time at DLR Superthread for breaking news, rumors, speculation, etc.!!

Thank you Sherry! I had been wondering about the dates. No matter what though we're going on this trip. Im excited for Dapper Day!

HM usually closes in late August -- before Labor Day -- to get the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay. However, Haunted Mansion Holiday actually stayed open a bit later into January than usual this past holiday season... which makes me wonder if it will open later than usual this year. The whole Halloween Time season is a big question mark because of the 60th anniversary events, which will be going strong all year long. It's hard to predict how things will go. Stay tuned to the Halloween Time at DLR Superthread for breaking news, rumors, speculation, etc.!!

And given how late Labor Day is this year, will they close HM earlier than the week before? So many questions! :rotfl:

Sorry this is late - I somehow seem to binge disboards and then forget to go on and actually "earn my ears". I will be there Sept 2-7th for the Dumbo Double Dare! Coast to Coast race! Yay! So pumped! DBf isn't quite as excited as me to go back to Disney again this year, but he will learn to love it! Ha!

My son and I will be there Sept 9-13. We'll be doing 1 day at DCA and 2 days at DL and we'll be staying at Tropicana. We went to WDW in March and I couldn't resist taking a trip to DLR while my husband goes elk hunting. This will be my 4th trip as an adult(lost count on childhood trips) and my son's 2nd trip.

My BFF and I will be there September 29-October 3! This will be our third trip in three years. We are staying off property and are only doing three days this time around (usually 4 or 5) as it is part of a larger road trip to celebrate her birthday! :bday:
Neither of us have ever been during Halloween time and plus all the 60th Anniversary stuff happening = we are VERY excited for this trip! :yay:

Updating to say we are just now barely squeaking in to September. We adjusted our park dates to September 30-October 2 (hoping for a MHP on Tuesday the 29th to attend as well), so that we could participate in Gay Days weekend. We also rebooked so we are now staying in the Disneyland Hotel the entire week! Can't wait!

Last edited:
We'll be there at BWPPI, Sept 7-12.We'll be celebrating DH's bday on the and DD's 4th bday. DD's ffavorite movie has always been Nightmare Before Christmas, so we were hoping to maybe catch a soft opening of HMH. Of course if we don't get that it's just an excuse to come back during holiday time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter