September 2015 Car Rental Watch

We rent Dollar a few times each year. We have used Lock Low & Go a number of times. I think we always got a compact, though

I don't mind if i end up a compact...just don't want one of those gas guzzlers cars...it only the 2 of us...Also, were you able to bypass the counter utilizing the Dollar Express or the Rapid Rental?

I can not seem to get the visa code to work. I am also a member of Costco. AUghh my rates for Sept 12th to 19th through Dollar is 193.00 midsize
I have never paid that much. Any help with that Alamo code? I do have an entertainment book so I'll try the codes tomorrow. TY

Last edited:
I can not seem to get the visa code to work. I am also a member of Costco. AUghh my rates for Sept 12th to 19th through Dollar is 193.00 midsize
I have ever paid that much. Any help with that Alamo code? I do have an entertainment book so I'll try the codes tomorrow. TY

I used Alamo Visa code AD2338FDF and it worked fine for me. I also used my annual pass code of 860292. I have a standard for 9/17-9/22 for $112.46. Without the annual pass code it is just $5-$6 more I think. The Visa code goes in the first of the 3 discount boxes. I also am an Alamo insider, so they added that discount.

Alamo rates went back up over the weekend, so if you're just now looking to book the prices may be a little higher

I have ever paid that much. Any help with that Alamo code? I do have an entertainment book so I'll try the codes tomorrow. TY
You need to put the AD2338FDF code in the coupon section, not in the Corporate ID or product code :goodvibes
I just tried and it worked fine for your dates. I'm getting a midsize SUV at 156$ with it for your dates, seems like it's the cheapest one :angel:

It just worked! TY. I can't even imagine why it wouldn't work last night. Still 5.00 more expensive than my dollar ressie.

Question, I have never rented from Alamo and did join insider. If I do a standard, what size car is available? Since reading back I see there is not standard and you get a bigger car?

I just tried the midsize suv and its coming up 283.00 aughh user error? Maybe I should try a different computer?

I just tried the midsize suv and its coming up 283.00 aughh user error? Maybe I should try a different computer?
Sorry, forgot to mention this is with the Costco code (7014627) in the corporate id :) I'm still seeing it at 155$ now.

IM STILL GETTING 283.00 OMG WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? LOL ARE YOU SIGNED IN AS AN INSIDER MEMBER?

Sorry about the caps. heehee

$30 OFF
COSTCO WEB OFFERS 09

Midsize SUVEdit

Toyota RAV4 or similar

1 Week(s) @243.71 $243.71
Customer Facility Charge 2.50/day $12.50
Priv Fee Recov Chg 10 Pct (10.0%) $21.77
Tire/battery Fee .02/day $0.14
Florida Surcharge 2.00/day $14.00
Vehicle License Fee .57/day $3.99
Sales Tax (6.5%) $17.30
Unlimited mileage Included
Total Savings - $30.00

$283.41Estimated Total

IM STILL GETTING 283.00 OMG WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? LOL ARE YOU SIGNED IN AS AN INSIDER MEMBER?

Yes, I'm signed in as an Insider but it shouldn't make THAT much of a difference :confused3
Are you looking from MCO? If it's TPA or SFB it could explain the difference... Here's what I'm getting :

Car Selection
  • Midsize SUV
    Toyota RAV4 or similar
    5 People
    3 Bags
    • Automatic Transmission
    • Air Conditioning
    • Power Door Locks
Rates, Taxes and Fees

Rental Rate
  • 1 Week(s) @ $150.00
  • $150.00
Extras
  • 1 Additional Driver
  • Included
Mileage
  • Unlimited mileage
  • Included
Fees
  • Customer Facility Charge 2.50/day
  • $12.50
  • Priv Fee Recov Chg 10 Pct (10.0%)
  • $10.90
  • Tire/battery Fee .02/day
  • $0.14
  • Florida Surcharge 2.00/day
  • $14.00
  • Vehicle License Fee .57/day
  • $3.99
  • Sales Tax (6.5%)
  • $9.52

Savings Your Total Savings -$45.00

Estimated Total$156.05

Could not use coupon code.. says not found but still getting cheaper
best of all.. i have a Alamo gift card i got for free... who hoo
used pass holder code and insider but would not recognize coupon code

Yup, MCO.. very frustrating. :scared: I can't figure out why your says 45.00 off and mine says costco code and 30.00 off? And.. Alamo, right?haha
Sept 12-19th, 9:00 am pickup and drop off. MCO.

Im using AD2338FDF and 7014627. Correct?

BTW, I really really appreciate all the help.

Yup, MCO.. very frustrating. :scared: I can't figure out why your says 45.00 off and mine says costco code and 30.00 off? And.. Alamo, right?haha
Sept 12-19th, 9:00 am pickup and drop off. MCO.

Im using AD2338FDF and 7014627. Correct?

BTW, I really really appreciate all the help.
OMG it was the times! :eek:
If you drop it off just a half-hour earlier, you'll get the same prices that I got :faint:
Works as well when picking up at 9:30am and dropping off at 9:00am. You just need to shave a half-hour :hyper:

I have seen plenty of Costco code responses, but are there any codes for BJ's? Thanks

I grabbed the paper at BJ's this weekend. I ran most of them and they are not good. I can take a picture if you want to see them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter