Sept/Oct Planners Check in here

Yes being a registered nurse I understand that the ride its self can not kill anyone, thats silly. Its just something to be aware of if you have an exsiting condition. I read on here I think it is you aussietravellers that has some medical considerations just thought you should know what I read about MS. Didn't mean it would kill those that ride it!

I'm :confused3 (It doesn't take much to confuse me though :lmao: ) My reply wasn't actually directed at you, it was for whomever may be interested and I didn't say anything in my post about a ride itself killing anyone or impling that you were silly :confused3 Sorry I may have misinterpreted your reply above, maybe the top part and bottom part of your reply was not directed at me, but I didn't say or imply anywhere that you meant that a ride would kill those who ride it :confused3

I wrote below, which was to everybody, I didn't quote or reply specifically to you, just letting people in general know about high blood pressure and no symptoms :goodvibes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incidents_at_Disney_parks
Most people do have a pre existing condition which riding the ride can bring on their reaction but some would not know they had that condition. Just make sure you have your blood pressure checked as the scary thing is you don't realise you have high blood pressure very often, then you ride a scary ride and have a serious problem

So I'm sorry that you think I was implying that you were silly, I honestly didn't think that, it didn't even enter my mind :goodvibes

AussieTravellers - with your condition, I would hope that you do not get on MS, Dinosaur, EE, RnRC, TOT, Space, Splash or BTRR Mountains. Take care of yourself!

I was planning on going on Splash Mountain, I didn't think that was that bad, just a drop at the end. But no, the rest of them I do have to give a miss :sad1: and I do love them. I was hoping that Dinosaur wasn't jerky, that is was just scary, but from reading the reports now, I won't risk it :sad1:

But as some of those rides have been known to cause torn arteries, I really have to just sit and watch as my friends and family get to enjoy them :sad1:

I'm :confused3 (It doesn't take much to confuse me though :lmao: ) My reply wasn't actually directed at you, it was for whomever may be interested and I didn't say anything in my post about a ride itself killing anyone or impling that you were silly :confused3 Sorry I may have misinterpreted your reply above, maybe the top part and bottom part of your reply was not directed at me, but I didn't say or imply anywhere that you meant that a ride would kill those who ride it :confused3

I wrote below, which was to everybody, I didn't quote or reply specifically to you, just letting people in general know about high blood pressure and no symptoms :goodvibes

So I'm sorry that you think I was implying that you were silly, I honestly didn't think that, it didn't even enter my mind :goodvibes

Oh aussietravellers I was not directing that at you at all. I re-read my statement and thought it sounded like I was saying that if you ride it you might die:scared1: I just thought I should warn you because I know you have health concerns:hug: but at the same time I didn't mean to scare you guys its only what I read in my book "the unoffical guide to WDW" which by the way is GREAT. You all should get one if you don't have one already. I love you guys you have been such a great help and I appreciate it a lot:grouphug:

I really need to reread my UOG book before I go too.

Not sure if you guys are all planning on a water park or not. We have decided on Blizzard Beach and I just read this blog post about it and the photos are sensational. It gives you a complete rundown of the different slides and options, who should ride what etc. And did I mention tons of photos. I am in heaven since I am such a visual person.

Check it out here:- http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/walt_disney_world/water_parks/

I'd love to go but I don't think it would be worth it, as Mr 3yrs and Miss 7 can't swim so mucking about in the resort pool will have to do. But if I had older children I think it would be such a great day out, I love waterslides!

I haven't had my big butt on a waterslide for about 20 years but you better believe I'll be sliding my way down as many as I can. I feel like WDW is a place to just "go for it" so I will. :lmao:

Plus I don't need to worry about running into anyone I know in my bathing suit :rotfl2:

Its great isn't it while over there you drop a couple of dress sizes without even lossing a kg. I love getting clothes for myself it feels great when I am a size 16 over here and a 14 to 12 over there. Gotta love it! All the more reason to go down a waterslide if you haven't been on one for 20yrs, oh you will love it. Plus you will get to use the slide at Wilderness Lodge as well. I am planning on using the one at CSR it is 123meters long and I can't wait.

Oh aussietravellers I was not directing that at you at all. I re-read my statement and thought it sounded like I was saying that if you ride it you might die:scared1: I just thought I should warn you because I know you have health concerns:hug: but at the same time I didn't mean to scare you guys its only what I read in my book "the unoffical guide to WDW" which by the way is GREAT. You all should get one if you don't have one already. I love you guys you have been such a great help and I appreciate it a lot:grouphug:

You're sweet :hug: I was worried thinking that I had offended you :flower3:.

I have a vertebral artery dissection, which has luckily been healing well. Even though my right artery is now about 1/4 of the size of the left, it's an even flow now which is good. It's scary that some rides can actually cause an artery dissection (although mine was from a chiropractic adjustment), but still it's scary and if somebody has undiagnosed high blood pressure (even mild high blood pressure with no symptoms) then riding one of those scary rides it can happen in a flash. So I will be avoiding ALL scary rides :sad1:

I really need to reread my UOG book before I go too.

Not sure if you guys are all planning on a water park or not. We have decided on Blizzard Beach and I just read this blog post about it and the photos are sensational. It gives you a complete rundown of the different slides and options, who should ride what etc. And did I mention tons of photos. I am in heaven since I am such a visual person.

Check it out here:- http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/walt_disney_world/water_parks/

Another great blog post!

Blizzard Beach is our favourite. I love the lazy river, just sitting there in the tyre floating around the river. They have photopass photographers at the waterparks too. It gave me a bit of a :scared1: last time as I was thinking I didn't want to be photographed looked like Seaworld was about to come and take me (the beached whale) back out to sea :lmao:

But it's great, in the lazy river you just flag them down (they were in the river) and they would grab your tyres and take a family shot or single shots. The used to have tiny little photopass cards on a cord, so you could wear it dangling around your wrist. But I think I read that they stopped those (which is sad). But we got a cool thing that we hung around our necks that had our room key (for lunch and snacks) and our photopass card in it and it's watertight.

I went to both BB and TL last year and loved them both - it's going to be a tough decision this year as they both have their own best bits.

One thing I did do at BB (did that one first) was to wear long (womens) boardshorts and a tankini top. Thinking it would hide all my cuddly bits. Must say - didn't care for the boardies. They were hard to walk in while went and very uncomfortable.

A few days later at TL I just wore my regular pants that matched the tankini top and it was so much better. Felt a bit strange walking about all exposed as I am so not used to that - even at the beach I love my towel as long as possible to the waters edge - but after awhile I didn't care. The Americans were way bigger than me!

Also - if you want to cover up on the slides, don't wear a regular t-shirt - when wet it will get heavy and wrap around you, and is in danger of catching on things. A rash vest is better.

If you have too many buckles, press studs or zips or metal accessories on your cossie, on the really high fast stuff the CM's sometimes won't let you ride.

Before leaving Australia we bought some aqua shoes, that were made of wetsuit material with rubber soles - GREAT for walking around the water parks on a hot day as the cement will fry your feet. Lots of people were wearing them. You're allowed to wear them on the rides.

At BB take the ski-lift to the top! Great view.

We got to both parks early in the day when the lines were non-existent and got to ride just about everything - by mid morning the lines were pretty long. But when we were there the weather was HOT.

Take your bath towels from your room - if you rent a towel at the park it costs $$. Then when you get back to the hotel call housekeeping to take your wet towels and bring fresh dry ones - or what we did on the day we went to TL was to leave housekeeping a note to leave lots of extra towels when they made up our room and they did, so when we came back we had dry towels ready to go. We put the wet ones in the collection bins downstairs by the pool on our way out to dinner.

Have fun - the water parks are GREAT!! You can also play mini golf at the course right beside BB.

Just when I thought the holiday was pretty well organised (except a few prepurchases for NY).

Received a phone call from my TA (Aussie one) about our travel insurance. My Dr had made an error on the preexisting medical form and had answered the question "is this person fit to travel without medical assistance" with a NO :scared1: Actually it was a tick the box question, he had ticked yes, crossed it out and ticked no! So even though I had provided a letter from my neurologist stating I was fit for travel, because the GP had filled in the form at a later date, they would not accept the statement from the Neurologist.

So off i toddled to the Dr again today, form in hand, so that he could fill in and make a declaration that he had ticked the wrong box. That has now been faxed off so hopefully I will be covered by travel insurance for this trip :rolleyes1

.....you better believe I'll be sliding my way down as many as I can. I feel like WDW is a place to just "go for it" so I will. :lmao:

Plus I don't need to worry about running into anyone I know in my bathing suit :rotfl2:

Shuttergirl - There are a LOT of you going in September. You really never know who you might run or slide into ;)

Just when I thought the holiday was pretty well organised (except a few prepurchases for NY).

Received a phone call from my TA (Aussie one) about our travel insurance. My Dr had made an error on the preexisting medical form and had answered the question "is this person fit to travel without medical assistance" with a NO :scared1: Actually it was a tick the box question, he had ticked yes, crossed it out and ticked no! So even though I had provided a letter from my neurologist stating I was fit for travel, because the GP had filled in the form at a later date, they would not accept the statement from the Neurologist.

So off i toddled to the Dr again today, form in hand, so that he could fill in and make a declaration that he had ticked the wrong box. That has now been faxed off so hopefully I will be covered by travel insurance for this trip :rolleyes1

:sick: Not long to go now....hopefully this will be the last of the admin stuff you have to do before PACKING and FLYING! :yay:

Shuttergirl - There are a LOT of you going in September. You really never know who you might run or slide into ;)

I thought we were friends PrincessinOz :rotfl:

It is funny, whenever we have been away overseas, most trips we do actually run into somebody we know from home and once I literally did run into them. We were in Hawaii, walking along one of the main shopping malls there and as we were walking, somebody walked out of a shop and neither of us were looking where we were going and we literally ran into each other, when we gathered ourselves and looked at each other we all yelled "OMG" They were friends that I had known since I was a child, although we don't see each other much any more other than a hello, how are you, in the street. But it was so funny, such a small world. :rotfl2:

Have seem somebody we knew from home too at the baggage claim at Orlando airport too.

Such a small world!

Pretty much the most popular attractions operate, but it depends if it's a morning EMH or an evening EMH, and it sometimes changes depending on crowd levels.

Did you have a specific date in mind?

Guest Services

Here's the list from the brochure from my trip last Oct:

GENERAL EMH ATTRACTIONS:

Buzz Lightyear
Cinderella’s Golden Carrousel
Dumbo
Winnie the Pooh
Peter Pan’s Flight
Space Mountain
Tomorrowland Speedway
It’s a Small World (though this will be under refub when we are there)
Mickey’s Philharmagic
Stitch
Splash Mountain
Thunder Mountain
Haunted Mansion
Jungle Cruise
Priates of the Caribbean
Aladdin's Magic Carpets

I thought we were friends PrincessinOz :rotfl:

OOH! Excuse the tip of the slongue! I hadn't even looked at it that way or from that angle until you posted! So, I have to ask....if there are a lot of you going, which bits of you are you leaving behind???? :rotfl2:

ps. I'm NOT looking to fill Queenie's BIG shoes either and am happy to be friends. :rotfl2:

Oh gosh, I'm really going to miss this thread that has all the chatter when you all go away next month. I do hope though that you all come back with trip reports and heaps of photos for us to drool over :thumbsup2

Just letting anyone know who may be interested in getting some new luggage bags. I just picked up a couple of BIG suitcases for 30%off, at strand-bags Making them only $94. They are good qualitly. The last ones we had I brought at the markets and they are now falling to bits! We only paid $40 for them so I guess I shouldn't complain. I also got a carryone that has wheels and hooks onto the big bag for $48! Worth a look if anyone needs new bags. The only complaint I have is that they didn't have any storage cubes that you all love and talk about. I guess that will be a internet purchase for me. Hope this info helps someone?

I have ordered some really cute new tags for our bags and thought I would share for anybody interested.

I got bright ones to help make our bags stand out or look a bit different (after having my suitcase collected by somebody else once I try to make our bags have things that make them look different so nobody will take our bag in error). We each got different designs and they are great quality and my DS got two extra ones for his school bag and golf bag too.

http://www.bagtagstudio.com.au/

They have some really gorgeous designs :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter