• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept. 2011 code watch, lets see who finds it first!

I booked all my ADRs (except 1 still deciding and might change 1) for the first week of Sept. I have no hotel booked and not sure we can make it work without free dining. So I booked with the hopes of free dining. If not I will cancel.

What's bad is that we are coming up on our 6 month date to make dining reservations :( It's hard to do that when you have no FD...lol. My dh won't book without it. I guess I could make them and then cancel if it happens to fall through. What is everyone else doing?

We are going with a big group and couldn't take the chance that we wouldn't get a discount at all so we already booked under the room discount rate and added DDP. When FD is announced we will change because it would be cheaper for us that way. My SIL is booked under the Kids Free promo with DDP added and it is cheaper for her to stay with that promo instead of FD. We get to make our ADRs on Monday and I am super excited!

Camac,
If you have a deluxe booked with room discount, it might be cheapier then Free Dining. Check. Saving 250 a night for 6 nights is 1500 and that is more then adding dining. Just a thought.

Camac,
If you have a deluxe booked with room discount, it might be cheapier then Free Dining. Check. Saving 250 a night for 6 nights is 1500 and that is more then adding dining. Just a thought.

We are staying at POFQ. I did the math. It will save us over $200 if they offer free DDP at mods. If they offer free QSDP and we upgrade it will save about $140ish. I have figured this from every angle lol!

Question from a noobie, I'm planning our first WDW trip for October either 2nd or 3rd week, I'm out of luck on the discount as they end Oct 1st which would have saved us 35-40% if I'm remembering right. These discounts your all talking of that you think will show up are those going to be public or for returning guests? I'm so overwelmed ugh

Susan - the FD offer that we are discussing is a public discount that has been offered every year since 2005. It is usually for late August through early October. It differs every year though. Some people think it won't be announced this year because they already did a September FD promotion at the end of 2010 but others (myself included) have faith that it will be offered again. I hope that answers your question :)

Ok yes this helps thanks. I haven't even decided on which resort yet, and I'm worrying about a DP talk about cart before the horse eh, lol. I am narrowed down to 3 though so baby steps. Wish I could swing it earlier like end of Sept but can't do it, so Oct it is. I will keep my eyes peeled.

We are booked for Sept 7-13 at POP:banana: ALso hoping for FD pin. When I booked I also asked and was informed that no discounts were available "at this time". Seems like there might be one coming!!:worship::worship: I will be on the lookout!:thumbsup2

Ok yes this helps thanks. I haven't even decided on which resort yet, and I'm worrying about a DP talk about cart before the horse eh, lol. I am narrowed down to 3 though so baby steps. Wish I could swing it earlier like end of Sept but can't do it, so Oct it is. I will keep my eyes peeled.
Did you order the free dvd? Have you gone to the WDW website and researched a resort package and saved it? Have you gone to Disney destinations and logged in to get on their e-mail list? Do these things. You want WDW to know you are alive and interested in them. This MAY help speed up your chances of getting a PIN. Eh, couldn't hurt!:cutie:

WOO-HOO You can add our family to the list of Sept. Disney Guests! Grandpa and Grandma, Mom & Dad, three grandsons and Auntie are booked to stay in a 3-bedroom Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villa as of now for Sept. 17-23. A FD pin sure would be appreciated. Will keep my eyes peeled for now!
:surfweb:

Count us in :cool1:

First family vacation to Disney Sept 16th-24th. Last time we visited Disney was in 2005 and we stayed off property. This time (DS's first visit) we are booked at POP. Keeping our fingers crossed for free dining.

Well I finally just booked for September 17th. We need some kind of discount and I was afraid of waiting and there not being anything else. We did 2 rooms at pop one with the kids free and one with the room discoun. I hope free dining comes available though!

Well I finally just booked for September 17th. We need some kind of discount and I was afraid of waiting and there not being anything else. We did 2 rooms at pop one with the kids free and one with the room discoun. I hope free dining comes available though!
Well it sounds like you've got it under control even if you don't get FD!

Just booked our Disney adventure. 9/9/11 - 9/16/11
We will be spending 7 nights at Coronado Springs and our last day at Boardwalk Inn. We did get dining but it was not free. :banana:

6 years in a row FD same week 9-2-11 thru 9-12-11 @ the Poly . :cheer2:
we have family of 5, 4 ad and 1ch on dinning plan so FD better savings than the 40% room offer. Dinning ressies were a snap! Here is to great weather and the no wait in lines wooohooo:cool1:

Hi guys!!! I had Poly CL booked for Sept. 22 to Oct 1st but Dh want to get some work done on the house this summer and we had a few other unexpected expenses. We thought we were going to have to cancel but just for the heck of it I looked online and it was going to be about a little less thanhalf the price to downgrade to a moderate and have reg dining instead of deluxe with the fall % off deal. Well DH said to call and see and when I called the price was $1000 less than the Disney site told me (I had checked for the 30% off mod) if I kept reg dining and for the same price Disney site said I got deluxe (which I took and told DH they upgraded us- I know I'm bad but I really love my 2 credit meals :) SO MY TRIP IS ON AGAIN!!! But anyway, I'm pretty good at knowing the deals out and all I can figure by the price is that I got either a GREAT pin or they combined a pin and the % off. But, I know the pin wasn't there a few weeks ago so you guys might want to check. Also I hadn't cancelled yet so it had nothing to do with that which I also find odd.

I'm watching too! We'll be at CBR Sept 17-24. We booked with the last PIN which gave us 35% off so slightly better than the GP offer. It's much better than nothing! We are still hoping for FD though because it will save us more. Even if it's only QSD, we'll pay to upgrade to the DP and it will still save us a little more. My parents and grandparents are going to and the FD saves them a bundle more so here's to hoping!! I'm so excited to make our ADRs on Monday.

So for the second time in two months, we got a PIN we can't use. :sad2:

We're booked at POP for Sept 20-28 with the 25% GP discount and the regular DP.

First we got the 35% room PIN, but it could only be used on preferred rooms, so it actually would have cost us $10 more to use it. Then, last week we got the Free Dining PIN which of course ends in August. Sigh.

We're still hoping for a free dining offer for September. I could kick myself for not booking in December. By my calculations, getting the free quick-service plan and upgrading to the regular would save us over $300 more than the 25% room discount.

So we'll just keep our fingers crossed.

I would really love to see the stay 4/3 free again! I am sure it won't happen though. We are currently booked at the Swan ($129 a night). I would love to stay the Boardwalk but can't afford it unless we were to get that deal lol. We got that 2 years ago when we stayed at the Yacht Club :-)

I will be watching the new codes though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter