Sept. 2011 code watch, lets see who finds it first!

It looks like its shaping up to be a dry summer, I watch the signs of drought and I fear another one this summer. Hopefully, if it does come, it will be over by September!

subbing here. I'm hoping to plan for a trip the last week of September, but right now DH isn't too thrilled with the discount offers available. I'm hoping an AP offer shows up soon.

Add me to the watch :goodvibes We just returned last week & I'm trying to eeek out a late sept F&W trip...but need free dining......

Everyone who has been waiting for a pin, call wdw and ask if there is a pin associated with your name. A lot of people have, and been getting wonderful news!

Dumb question...........what is the number to call?? I usually do everything online, I want to pay off May trip & make a payment on Sept but the number I called today was automated & then said system was down to try back later. Would love to ask about a pin. TIA

We are going Sept 24- Oct 1st at POP. I received a pin yesterday but it was only good till Aug 13 for free dining and that just doesn't work for us. I am praying for one for FD for Sept. We will buy into dining even if we don't get it..but Shhhh don't tell Disney that!

We are going Sept 24- Oct 1st at POP. I received a pin yesterday but it was only good till Aug 13 for free dining and that just doesn't work for us. I am praying for one for FD for Sept. We will buy into dining even if we don't get it..but Shhhh don't tell Disney that!

Waiting for a FD announcement too. We already have the ddp added to our trip but we also got a PIN yesterday for the FD up to 8/13. When DH spoke to the CM he was told that a broad offer is coming soon. Several other people on the FD thread were told the same thing. Since they have had free dining in September every year since 2005 (almost always announced in April) I would honestly be shocked if they did announce it again this year.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the rate of discounts being offered this year, I suspect everyone will get their wish granted!;)

Joining the group. I am praying for free dining in September because that is the only way we can go. We are going on vacation for Thanksgiving with the inlaws and my husband said the only way we can swing Disney is if we get free dining. The kids are dying to go so I keep checking. I really hope there is a public offer announced in April!

I just booked my trip for September 10-17th!! :banana::banana::banana:

'Rumor' has it, they will offer the free dining, but my TA wouldn't actually confirm it. Either way, I'm still going!!! :cloud9:

FD (and any discount) is always calculated on room availability and the need to fill empty rooms. They already did a free dining for this time period, and while its impossible to tell what it did to reservations during the sept time period. i made my reservations about a month ago on the stay/play promo. I wanted pop, but there were no rooms available (discounted) for the time frame. I had them check several moderates with a room only and a pin discount and there was availability at all of them.

Just for random curiosity, I emailed my TA and had her recheck POP. Now this time there was no problem at all getting my reservation.

My point Sept is a loser for Disney, they need to do whatever they can to put people in the parks. Anything less than 100% occupancy in their hotels hurts them and that is what they shoot for. Not for the income from the hotel, but for the number of people in the parks. It costs them almost as much to run a park on a slow day as it does on a busy day.

I think as long as we are seeing reasonable availability in the hotels, the odds of FD in September are pretty good. Of course predicting such a thing only proves that the person making the prediction is a fool... so I guess I'm a fool.

I just booked my trip for September 10-17th!! :banana::banana::banana:

'Rumor' has it, they will offer the free dining, but my TA wouldn't actually confirm it. Either way, I'm still going!!! :cloud9:
AWESOME! Where are you staying, so I can put it on the post board.

Me too, me too!!!!!:goodvibes

just a little bump, so no one forgets to keep watch and keep each other informed. Still hoping for a FD code for Sept!!!

Got the FD pin code that ends in the middle of August. Bummer. I'm dying with curiosity wondering why it does not include September. Any thoughts? I'm hoping for an offer at least as good.

Got the FD pin code that ends in the middle of August. Bummer. I'm dying with curiosity wondering why it does not include September. Any thoughts? I'm hoping for an offer at least as good.

If I had to venture a guess, I would say that bookings are down for July and August and by offering a PIN for this time frame they hope to encourage people to travel during those times. I, however, will not go before September so we did not use the PIN and are anxiously awaiting the announcement of free dining in September. I have complete faith that it will come ;)

Got the FD pin in snail mail today that covers up to August. Hopefully, Disney will announce at the end of the month a new promotion. Come on Disney you know you want to.

What's bad is that we are coming up on our 6 month date to make dining reservations :( It's hard to do that when you have no FD...lol. My dh won't book without it. I guess I could make them and then cancel if it happens to fall through. What is everyone else doing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter