Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew there was a multi-quote that got missed...

I can only express my prayers and hopes that everything works out for her and for you.

Thank you Melodie :hug:

And we'll do our best to help, Mandy... :flower3:

Just keep the cocktails flowing and the laughter bubbling.....:thumbsup2

Hey you all!

Still don't find the time to read thru properly here...

Been skimming and skimming...

Just wanted to wish EVERYBODY A SAFE TRIP!

We'll see each other on Saturday!

I am sooo looking forward to meeting you all!

TAKE CARE.

See you Saturday Steffi!:cheer2:

:littleangel:

Well, lets just say that we are adding a case... Still puts us in under allowable, and it eases the stress quite a bit.

I am a bit proud of myself - having never packed for this kind of an adventure, and always having tons of last minute stuff we always end up with, I think I am doing well... Here is the breakdown...
  • Becca - bag for cruise packed, clothing for school - check. Still need a couple outfits for our "barcelona Bag"
  • Sue - bag for cruise PACKED!!! Clothing for work - check. Still need a couple things for the "Barcelona bag".
  • Glenn - bag for cruise PACKED!!! Clothing for work - check. Still need a couple things for the "Barcelona bag".
  • Stephen - bag for cruise at about 80% packed. Clothes for school - check. Still needs everything for the "Barcelona bag.
We have 4 bags being checked - max allowable. We HAD 2 rollaboards which was 2 shy of the allowable, and 4 personal bags (camera bag, laptop bag full of electronics, my laptop bag with my laptop and my purse (Beccas personal bag).

I was good until I realozed that Glenn and Stephen would have the shoes they were wearing on the plane and shoes for their tuxedos and that was it... Oh, and that there were no toiletries in the bag! So, we have added a third rollaboard. I am actually moving all of the cruise shirts from beccas bag to the third rollaboard, and will put shoes in her bag.

Stress for packing is starting to subside... Excitement level growing again... Just need to survive work for 2 days and somehow manage to get the house clean... OK - back to work!!

Sound like you have had quite a task there!!! Glad you are getting there now!

We are just about packed. Booked our car rental, and flights for our Jan Panama Canal trip. They were two jobs stressing me so I feel much more relaxed now. Haven't quite got to that excited part yet though. Enjoy the feeling!!!

Well, lets just say that we are adding a case... Still puts us in under allowable, and it eases the stress quite a bit.

I am a bit proud of myself - having never packed for this kind of an adventure, and always having tons of last minute stuff we always end up with, I think I am doing well... Here is the breakdown...
  • Becca - bag for cruise packed, clothing for school - check. Still need a couple outfits for our "barcelona Bag"
  • Sue - bag for cruise PACKED!!! Clothing for work - check. Still need a couple things for the "Barcelona bag".
  • Glenn - bag for cruise PACKED!!! Clothing for work - check. Still need a couple things for the "Barcelona bag".
  • Stephen - bag for cruise at about 80% packed. Clothes for school - check. Still needs everything for the "Barcelona bag.
We have 4 bags being checked - max allowable. We HAD 2 rollaboards which was 2 shy of the allowable, and 4 personal bags (camera bag, laptop bag full of electronics, my laptop bag with my laptop and my purse (Beccas personal bag).

I was good until I realozed that Glenn and Stephen would have the shoes they were wearing on the plane and shoes for their tuxedos and that was it... Oh, and that there were no toiletries in the bag! So, we have added a third rollaboard. I am actually moving all of the cruise shirts from beccas bag to the third rollaboard, and will put shoes in her bag.

Stress for packing is starting to subside... Excitement level growing again... Just need to survive work for 2 days and somehow manage to get the house clean... OK - back to work!!

yay! well done on the packing!:cool1:

Sound like you have had quite a task there!!! Glad you are getting there now!

We are just about packed. Booked our car rental, and flights for our Jan Panama Canal trip. They were two jobs stressing me so I feel much more relaxed now. Haven't quite got to that excited part yet though. Enjoy the feeling!!!

Glad you managed to get your other trip sorted Marilyn :yay: Hope you can start to relax now ...... :thumbsup2:cool1:

It is girl scout cookie time! My twin neices that are Beccas age are selling cookies if anyone wants a box or 12... LOL

If there is interest I will post a link to the web site for ordering!

Sorry to anyone outside of the US - but I don't think that cookies can go international! But, if anyone is interested, let me know and I will ask my SIL!

Girl scout cookie time is in the winter for us. I've never quite figured that out. Poor girls trying to sell cookies in the cold weather. I buy enough to last the year, so I'm good.

If anyone wants to buy Cub Scout popcorn, PM me. Scout popcorn sales start when we are on the cruise, so we are going to miss out on some of the prime selling time. At least I gave my popcorn kernel (leader who organizes the popcorn sales for the pack) plenty of notice that I would be in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean when the sale starts. I was the popcorn kernel a few years ago and trained her for the job last year, with the knowledge that I wouldn't be doing it this year. I am the pack committee chair and DH is the cubmaster, so scouts keeps us busy.

Also, if you want to donate popcorn to the military, PM me.

OK.. in this story did a large teddy bear approach you with a box of cookies perhaps??

Or maybe you relaxed beside a woodland stream and fluffy rabbits came out and scampered round your feet singing songs????

i'm hoping i'm pretty close

;)

SW

If you swap the teddy bear for a crazed chainsaw wielding murderer and the fluffy rabbits for crazed flesh eating zombies you might be a wee bit closer

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Are the kids finished with school?
I can't believe it is only 6 days now till we will be onboard.

Nearly only 5 in 2 hours!
Glad you pc flights are fixed.

If you swap the teddy bear for a crazed chainsaw wielding murderer and the fluffy rabbits for crazed flesh eating zombies you might be a wee bit closer

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

It is the real life statues that touch your shoulder while you walk past them that done it for me, I broke all my nails against a wall I nearly lept over, I thought i was going to have to give Shaunie cpr.:scared1:

Gismo Sarah - hope things settle down from the manic mode, appreciate all you do :thumbsup2
Mandy - hope Becky settles in well with her new meds, :hug::hug: for you both.
Noel - have a great trip and many thanks for all your hard work :goodvibes

Safe journey to all travelling in the next day or two.:cool1:

Forget the clothes ..... just take a few tubs of body paint and paint new ones on each day. No one would notice !!!

Aw man... wish someone had suggested this earlier! Could have saved the hassle of packing! :rotfl2:

BUT , I wish everybody that went on vacation would leave instructions re there pets... I work in emergencys, this happens ALL The time, people wont make a decision re a pet they are looking after until they contact the owner.
This is really frustrating and totaly not fair on the animal in question.

I leave simple intstructions for my pets.. NO HEROICS.
If in doubt take the vets advice, dont waste time trying to get me in my pet is suffering, if it is the wrong decision ot doesnt matter just make one.
Countless times we end up with animals needing pts but carers just wont sign the paper, folks just done talk about it with pet sitters...ie are you happy to make that hoorible decision and am I happy to let you make it, I understand its not something that we want to think about but please do.

That is great advice! My sitter is due here in less than an hour so I'll say this to her - I have my Dad to be notified in all "animal emergency" situations including paying the bill :lmao:

Either that or I need to become filthy rich so the excess baggages fees will not bother me so much!!

I wonder which would be easier? ;)

I'm a little late to the thread - found the original question about the Navigator, but not what it is. Isn't the Navigator the ship's daily newsletter and schedule? Is it available in electronic format now?

Welcome - others have answered your question but check out the first couple of pages on the thread as its not too late for some activities.

HELP I hope somebody will be able to give suggestions on what the women are wearing for the evening meals and also for formal nights. Thank You Susan

Welcome! I'm wearing tidy trousers and a nice top - definitely not formal wear but they will do.

Anyone have any idea what kind of weather to expect while we're crossing the
Atlantic? I don't know if I should throw a few pairs of jeans and a sweatshirt in or not... My wife says weather.com is saying low 70's during the days.

I understand it could be a little cool so maybe a light jacket or sweatshirt would be good. I also find it cool in the air-conditioning inside the ship so wouldn't travel without these anyway.

Finally - a huge thank you to everyone for the last 2 years of fun, conversation and planning! You are a truly awesome group and I can't wait to meet you all in Barcelona or on the ship!

So without further ado... wishing all of you still to travel a safe trip... I'm off to the airport shortly... see you in Barcelona! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Well I for one am shattered and am off to bed real soon ... busy day ahead tomorrow.

Today I have printed out 55 scavenger hunt sheets which took ages on my antiquated printer. I have written master copies of lists in case I need them, finished my FE gifts for the girls, put my magnet pics onto a memory card for printing at DD's workplace tomorrow, sorted out my jewellery, charged my
re-chargeables and my camcorder

Jobs for tomorrow:

Ring DCL for water package and rainforest passes
Ring WDW for Magic Express
Ring 3 credit card companies
take memory card to print shop
buy a few more bits and pieces I need in shops
Iron clothes ready to pack on Tuesday.
Make pirate skirt ( I keep putting this one at the end of the list :rotfl: )

Just want to wish everyone who is setting off tomorrow Bon Voyage and Safe Travels.

Everyone else I am sure I will see same place tomorrow.

For those who are stressed or worried about things .... sleep well and hope things are better tomorrow. Once we are on the Magic our troubles will melt away :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

and Lynne ...... GET EXCITED :yay::yay::yay:

I can't believe it is only 6 days now till we will be onboard.

Great to be counting down in days not weeks.

Hope you all have safe trip to BCN & all your flights are on time

Taking DD back to uni tomorrow with her third car load of stuff and then its time to sort ourselves out

I can't remember who it was that was talking about buying luggage at Kohl's but dh just told me that they are on sale on Wednesday, the 15th. Not sure if that's too late for you, but I thought I'd mention it.

We are finally packed. 1 large suitcase, 1 rollaboard and 1 personal item for each. Whew!

Three days of work and we're off on Thursday.

Safe travels to everyone this week.

Thanks to everyone for all the selfless hours put into making this a vacation to remember for all of us. :love:

Gismo Sarah - hope things settle down from the manic mode, appreciate all you do :thumbsup2
Mandy - hope Becky settles in well with her new meds, :hug::hug: for you both.
Noel - have a great trip and many thanks for all your hard work :goodvibes

Safe journey to all travelling in the next day or two.:cool1:

Thanks Julie x

Finally - a huge thank you to everyone for the last 2 years of fun, conversation and planning! You are a truly awesome group and I can't wait to meet you all in Barcelona or on the ship!

So without further ado... wishing all of you still to travel a safe trip... I'm off to the airport shortly... see you in Barcelona! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Byeeeeee Paula! See you on Saturday, hope you have a great trip over :dance3::dance3:

Well I for one am shattered and am off to bed real soon ... busy day ahead tomorrow.

Today I have printed out 55 scavenger hunt sheets which took ages on my antiquated printer. I have written master copies of lists in case I need them, finished my FE gifts for the girls, put my magnet pics onto a memory card for printing at DD's workplace tomorrow, sorted out my jewellery, charged my
re-chargeables and my camcorder

Jobs for tomorrow:

Ring DCL for water package and rainforest passes
Ring WDW for Magic Express
Ring 3 credit card companies
take memory card to print shop
buy a few more bits and pieces I need in shops
Iron clothes ready to pack on Tuesday.
Make pirate skirt ( I keep putting this one at the end of the list :rotfl: )

Just want to wish everyone who is setting off tomorrow Bon Voyage and Safe Travels.

Everyone else I am sure I will see same place tomorrow.

For those who are stressed or worried about things .... sleep well and hope things are better tomorrow. Once we are on the Magic our troubles will melt away :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

and Lynne ...... GET EXCITED :yay::yay::yay:

Wow! you've been busy! Sleep well and see you on here tomorrow!:cool1:

That was good of your hubby... very sensible.

BUT , I wish everybody that went on vacation would leave instructions re there pets... I work in emergencys, this happens ALL The time, people wont make a decision re a pet they are looking after until they contact the owner.
This is really frustrating and totaly not fair on the animal in question.

I leave simple intstructions for my pets.. NO HEROICS.
If in doubt take the vets advice, dont waste time trying to get me in my pet is suffering, if it is the wrong decision ot doesnt matter just make one.
Countless times we end up with animals needing pts but carers just wont sign the paper, folks just done talk about it with pet sitters...ie are you happy to make that hoorible decision and am I happy to let you make it, I understand its not something that we want to think about but please do.

Lynne, DH's famil pet sits for our three rescue cats. I always leave a signed letter stating that the bearer has the right to make all vet decisions and that I will pay all vet bills. They know that I want extraordinary measures for the cats should anything go wrong. Heck, I'd give one of them a kidney if they needed it.

Are the kids finished with school?
QUOTE]

School lets out on Friday for our fall break (1 week). We are pulling them on Wednesday and the will also miss the week after break. None of the teachers had issues - all wanted to go with!

Safe travels Paula! See you in a few days!!

OK - so I get the Darwin Packing Award... (Thanks heavens I have Glenn to set me straight...) I had the scale on the wrong setting!!! So, my case that I thought was at 48.8 lbs was at about 38.8 lbs... So, we are looding the thrid roll aboard and going with 2 small gabin bags instead. If I think about (which may be difficult) I may dump Stephens school backpack out and load the 2 smaller bags in it!

Anyway, we will be done packing, except for last minute bathroom stuff tonight! WOHOO!!!

OK - so I get the Darwin Packing Award... (Thanks heavens I have Glenn to set me straight...) I had the scale on the wrong setting!!! So, my case that I thought was at 48.8 lbs was at about 38.8 lbs... So, we are looding the thrid roll aboard and going with 2 small gabin bags instead. If I think about (which may be difficult) I may dump Stephens school backpack out and load the 2 smaller bags in it!

Anyway, we will be done packing, except for last minute bathroom stuff tonight! WOHOO!!!

Way to go, Sue. And I'm just really starting to roll with the packing. Can't believe we're leaving the day after tomorrow. Still have work to do that I pray to finish up while the boys are at youth group tonight.

Safe journey! See you in a few days!

Theresa 8-0

Hurray, you're off! No more earthquakes for you for awhile. Have a safe trip. Looking forward to seeing you and yours again at the meet.

Theresa 8-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter