Selling of the fastpass....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if you're not planning to go back to WDW for 10+ years, why on earth are you on these boards?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I had an unused FP that was set to expire in 5 minutes. Standby at the ride was 5 minutes. Anyone that wanted to get on the ride in the rain was more than welcome and many did.

And as I said they were the only FPs that werent used the entire trip.

I bet it made you wish Disney still allowed you to use your FP's after your return window, you could have gone somewhere to grab something to eat until the rain stopped then returned to Primeval whirl and used your FP's.

I bet it made you wish Disney still allowed you to return after your return window, you could have gone somewhere to grab something to eat until the rain stopped then returned to Primeval whirl and and used your FP's.

Not at all. We went and ate and then the rain let up some and we waited to see Nemo. What I wished more is that they would have put in a covered queue area for Nemo. After Nemo, we returned to the hotel where the rain intensified and we went to MK for the evening after the rain.

So, if you're not planning to go back to WDW for 10+ years, why on earth are you on these boards?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Because I was relaying my experience about my trip last week to other guests to try and offer some kind of help. Because people like t_catt11 give people outdated info on such matters of how opening at DHS actually happens these days.

And also, to convey that FP enforcement isnt the end of the world as many like to make it out to be.

no, i wouldnt pass it along to anyone else. Non-transferable. That has a meaning. last week when I was in the parks, we had this only happen one time. We all pulled FPs for Primeval Whirl and when we returned to ride there was 5 minutes left in our window and it was pouring down rain. We threw the FPs away.

And I wouldnt do it for another reason. I am not doing someone else's planning and legwork for them when it comes to giving them FPs. If they were too lazy, uninformed, stupid, or whatever to plan enough to get FPs for the attractions then I am not going to reward them with anything.

oh-he-mad.jpg

Okay...we want to talk about correct info on sites??? You want to continue to bash another poster because there are some incorrect things on his site???
How about this one...

Complimentary Resort Transportation

Complimentary transportation throughout Walt Disney World Resort—including transportation to and from Disney Theme Parks and Disney Water Parks—is available to Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels.

Avoid the hassle of driving and parking, and save time and money with complimentary transportation throughout Walt Disney World Resort.

Take in the sights from an air-conditioned bus, soar high in the sky aboard our world-famous Monorail, or embark on a relaxing boat ride—and take advantage of door-to-door service that delivers you from your Resort hotel to all Theme Park gates and throughout Walt Disney World Resort.

Complimentary transportation is available one hour prior to Disney Theme Park opening time up to one hour after Disney Theme Park closing time. Additionally, buses operate until 2:00 a.m. from the Downtown Disney Area. Certain areas of Walt Disney World Resort are also connected by well-lit, paved, low-grade walking paths.

This was taken directly from the official WDW site. We all know that buses start running much, much earlier than one hour prior to park opening. And we are always correcting people over on the Transportation board because they have found that incorrect info on THE official WDW site. So...I figure that if Disney can hand out inaccurate info, we should probably stop bashing unofficial site owners.

Something tells me he is deliberately ignoring this post. :rolleyes:

Ok, UNC, so Disney did NOT change their POLICY (public) on fast passes, what they changed was their ENFORCEMENT of said public policy. Can you agree that they had an INTERNAL POLICY to NOT enforce the public policy?

And prior to the change to their ENFORCEMENT policy, no one could HOARD fast passes, as hoarding would require unlimited, or greatly increased, numbers of fast passes, whereas even those who used the policy of non-enforcement could only get the number of passes equal to the people in their group every 2 hours (or so, if the fast pass time was before the 2 hour window, something that ONLY happened with rides like TSMM if you were there before 9am from my experience). Most if not all those people are STILL taking fast passes at EXACTLY the same rate now as they did before, so this obviously did not change the qty of fastpasses available to any measurable standard. It was NEVER hard to get a fast pass for ANY ride, as long as you were at the park at opening or within 30 minutes of opening. And by the way, we were at the parks in March, you STILL had to get to HS before 11am if you wanted a time before say 5pm, and Epcot is STILL running out of fastpasses for rides like Soarin' and Test Track (was there before TT closed and after). It sounds like your point of pain with the previous ENFORCEMENT policy was that your touring style was not to get to the parks at or near opening, causing you to miss out on fast passes in the times you felt were appropriate.

And by the way, I was the poster that corrected (on that other thread) about the lack of a rope at HS these days, but I still didn't get that Tcatt was lacking in credibility in regards to Disney, what he stated WAS the way it happened for a fairly long period of time, so his information was more out of date than inaccurate. Also, while it is true that for awhile the Pooh fast pass was over near Philharmagic, all reports are that it is back to being at/near the ride again (and really, Philharmagic is what, 30 steps away? still counts as near the ride).

You seem to want to take a very rigid opinion on any number of subjects and then attack any who disagree with your opinion. And I didn't see a reply to my previous post that I was INSTRUCTED by CM to give my fastpasses to other guests as recently as 2 weeks ago. Are you saying that the cast members are creating/encouraging a blatent abuse of Disney rules? I guess if a/many Disney folks say it, it STILL isn't accurate?

Hey...remember the fun days when you use to ACTUALLY have to stand in line for the full amount of time?

The only way to fast pass was to have one family member stand in line and wait and then when they get close to the front the whole dang family would cut through the line and "catch up".

I actually saw that in the soarin line just recently. Some people.:headache:

Ok, UNC, so Disney did NOT change their POLICY (public) on fast passes, what they changed was their ENFORCEMENT of said public policy. Can you agree that they had an INTERNAL POLICY to NOT enforce the public policy?

I would agree in principle but I dont agree with the terms you are using. They had a service recovery procedure that stated that if someone presented a CM an expired FP, they were to allow them into the FP line. That procedure didnt mean their policy changed as the general intent of Disney was to have their guest use FPs within their return windows. And some of the CMs apparently didnt understand that because they would refuse entry to late FP users in the past. I would say they had a procedure to deal with late FP use but never changed their policy.

And prior to the change to their ENFORCEMENT policy, no one could HOARD fast passes, as hoarding would require unlimited, or greatly increased, numbers of fast passes, whereas even those who used the policy of non-enforcement could only get the number of passes equal to the people in their group every 2 hours (or so, if the fast pass time was before the 2 hour window, something that ONLY happened with rides like TSMM if you were there before 9am from my experience). Most if not all those people are STILL taking fast passes at EXACTLY the same rate now as they did before, so this obviously did not change the qty of fastpasses available to any measurable standard. It was NEVER hard to get a fast pass for ANY ride, as long as you were at the park at opening or within 30 minutes of opening. And by the way, we were at the parks in March, you STILL had to get to HS before 11am if you wanted a time before say 5pm, and Epcot is STILL running out of fastpasses for rides like Soarin' and Test Track (was there before TT closed and after). It sounds like your point of pain with the previous ENFORCEMENT policy was that your touring style was not to get to the parks at or near opening, causing you to miss out on fast passes in the times you felt were appropriate.

My touring style is to get there at rope drop because in my planning I know that FPs do run out for certain attractions. And one could hoard FPs if they were in the parks early enough to accumulate FPs that they admittedly planned on using later in the evening. My point is not because of my touring style but it is to illustrate how late FP use did affect highly popular rides such as Soarin and TSMM. People would have zero intent to use the FP within the printed window but to use it later in the evening at their convenience. This would affect the availability of FPs for guests arriving later that actually would have used the FP within that same return window. Now, it is hard to determine what people are doing now. But one could logically conclude that some percentage of previous late FP users are not pulling FPs for TSMM or Soarin because the return window does not work for them whereas before they would have pulled the FP. If so, this would make FPs for these attractions be available later in the day because you dont have people pulling FPs that would have before. Now, its hard to determine whether this theory is truly happening because even though we are hearing reports that FPs are available later in the day, we are also hearing reports that Disney may have increased the amount of FPs that are being distributed. All that to say, that FP late users did have some level of affect of the availability of FPs at Soarin and TSMM later in the day. The argument and theorizing is centered around how much of an affect was it/

And by the way, I was the poster that corrected (on that other thread) about the lack of a rope at HS these days, but I still didn't get that Tcatt was lacking in credibility in regards to Disney, what he stated WAS the way it happened for a fairly long period of time, so his information was more out of date than inaccurate. Also, while it is true that for awhile the Pooh fast pass was over near Philharmagic, all reports are that it is back to being at/near the ride again (and really, Philharmagic is what, 30 steps away? still counts as near the ride).

Yes, it did happen that way at DHS at one time but that has changed. T_catt11 didnt even allow for a second possibility to be offered but stated it as fact that a rope drop is still done at DHS. I havent been to Disney in about 10 years and I knew before I went to DHS that a rope drop was not being done and I dont even run a disney website or profess to have some level of expertise on Disney planning as t_catt11 with his $49 charge professes.

I would disagree with your assessment of Winnie the Pooh. I was there last week and remember thinking to myself. Why are the FP machines for Pooh over here outside of Phiharmagic? and its more than 30 steps away from the two:

http://www.moviedisney.com/images/maps/mk-map.jpg

You seem to want to take a very rigid opinion on any number of subjects and then attack any who disagree with your opinion. And I didn't see a reply to my previous post that I was INSTRUCTED by CM to give my fastpasses to other guests as recently as 2 weeks ago. Are you saying that the cast members are creating/encouraging a blatent abuse of Disney rules? I guess if a/many Disney folks say it, it STILL isn't accurate?

I just find it ironic and hypocritical of those FP late users to hang their hat on doing nothing wrong and saying it was Disney policy but they seem to selectively follow Disney policy it seems when pressed on it. Sure, it seems rigid but it is done to illustrate the point where people do violate Disney policy though they claim to never do so.

Hey...remember the fun days when you use to ACTUALLY have to stand in line for the full amount of time?

The only way to fast pass was to have one family member stand in line and wait and then when they get close to the front the whole dang family would cut through the line and "catch up".

I actually saw that in the soarin line just recently. Some people.:headache:

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: If nothing else you sure do have a knack for bringing up hot button topics don't you. What happened did we kind of use up the Fastpass argument so now it's time to get the line jumpers (pro & con) all fired up?

No thanks...I'll pass! See ya!

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: If nothing else you sure do have a knack for bringing up hot button topics don't you. What happened did we kind of use up the Fastpass argument so now it's time to get the line jumpers (pro & con) all fired up?

No thanks...I'll pass! See ya!
:thumbsup2 exactly what I was thinking .

Yes, it did happen that way at DHS at one time but that has changed. T_catt11 didnt even allow for a second possibility to be offered but stated it as fact that a rope drop is still done at DHS. I havent been to Disney in about 10 years and I knew before I went to DHS that a rope drop was not being done and I dont even run a disney website or profess to have some level of expertise on Disney planning as t_catt11 with his $49 charge professes.

Seriously, with the continued attacks?

Things change at Disney all the time. There may have been no rope drop ten years ago, there may be none now. Next month... who knows?

In October, we stood behind the rope for better than a half hour. In 2010, we stood behind a rope for about fifteen minutes. In 2006 we stood behind a rope. In 2003, we did not. What does this have to do with anything?

I do not claim to have exclusive knowledge. The pic I posted - the one that you claimed did not exist, or was from a time that didn't apply, or contained information not related to the questions at hand - is of an internal policy document that has been shared many times by multiple CMs. It's been referenced on so very many fastpass threads over the years that regulars to the boards probably only wondered if I was going to post the color or B&W version, as opposed to what the content of said document might be.

Incidentally, back to one of the original issues, fastpass "hoarding". I again ask how the late use impacts you, the non fastpass holding rider, anymore than someone who gathers as many passes as possible through the day, but uses them withing the window. The machines are built with an inherent limitation as to the number of passes one can hold.

If I spend twelve hours in the park, and am there at rope drop - ahem, sorry... PARK OPENING - I'm looking at something like this:

9:00 AM - FP return of 9:30
9:35 - FP return of 10:45
10:50 - FP return of 12:50
12:55 - FP return of 3:15
3:00 - FP return of 5:50
5:15 - FP return of 8:20
7:20 - Fastpasses gone.

Of course, this will vary based on the crowds, the park, and the number of headliner attractions I want to ride, but in most cases, I'm seeing around a half dozen passes collected *if* I grab a new one the instant I am allowed to do so.

I still fail to see how whether or not I used them late constituted some sort of hoarding that kept you from riding. Under the new policy, I pull the same number of passes, I just use them during their window. All reports pretty much agree that fastpasses are available for about the same amount of time during the day. What did this change, except to make a few one-tracked people ("somebody somewhere is getting a benefit that I don't they they should get!") happy? :confused3

Seriously, with the continued attacks?

Things change at Disney all the time. There may have been no rope drop ten years ago, there may be none now. Next month... who knows?

In October, we stood behind the rope for better than a half hour. In 2010, we stood behind a rope for about fifteen minutes. In 2006 we stood behind a rope. In 2003, we did not. What does this have to do with anything?

It has to do with giving someone incorrect information while you claim credibility. How did I know as an infrequent Disney guest without a website asking people for money that going to DHS last week that there would be no rope drop? And how did you not know? I thought people came to you all the time for advice. Do you give them the wrong info like this often?

it has to do with if people cant even get the little mundane things correct about Disney then why should I listen to you on matters of Disney policy as you have no insight and are hanging your hat on one chart you have produced but ignored other evidence

I do not claim to have exclusive knowledge. The pic I posted - the one that you claimed did not exist, or was from a time that didn't apply, or contained information not related to the questions at hand - is of an internal policy document that has been shared many times by multiple CMs. It's been referenced on so very many fastpass threads over the years that regulars to the boards probably only wondered if I was going to post the color or B&W version, as opposed to what the content of said document might be.

I asked you to provide the pic and you did. Kudos for you even though it did nothing to back up your claim of proving Disney policy which later you switched your position on.

Incidentally, back to one of the original issues, fastpass "hoarding". I again ask how the late use impacts you, the non fastpass holding rider, anymore than someone who gathers as many passes as possible through the day, but uses them withing the window. The machines are built with an inherent limitation as to the number of passes one can hold.

If I spend twelve hours in the park, and am there at rope drop - ahem, sorry... PARK OPENING - I'm looking at something like this:

9:00 AM - FP return of 9:30
9:35 - FP return of 10:45
10:50 - FP return of 12:50
12:55 - FP return of 3:15
3:00 - FP return of 5:50
5:15 - FP return of 8:20
7:20 - Fastpasses gone.

Of course, this will vary based on the crowds, the park, and the number of headliner attractions I want to ride, but in most cases, I'm seeing around a half dozen passes collected *if* I grab a new one the instant I am allowed to do so.

I still fail to see how whether or not I used them late constituted some sort of hoarding that kept you from riding. Under the new policy, I pull the same number of passes, I just use them during their window. All reports pretty much agree that fastpasses are available for about the same amount of time during the day. What did this change, except to make a few one-tracked people ("somebody somewhere is getting a benefit that I don't they they should get!") happy? :confused3

wow..we have all these posts and your reading comprehension is still so low that you can not properly identify what I have said.

I have said REPEATEDLY that late FP usage affected FP availability and caused FPs to run out faster at TSMM and Soarin.

AND you just assume that people will continue to pull FPs as they did before. I dont think that rings true because late FP users previously would pull tickets just to use at their convenience but NOW they may not pull that FP because it may interfere with plans later. AGAIN, you cant make generalized statements like

This doesnt hold true across the board now because late FP users have to adjust their plans for the new rules now.

The machines are built with an inherent limitation as to the number of passes one can hold.

The above is another one of your baseless claims because you have no idea how the machines are built and how many FPs that they hold. Also, we have heard reports that the amount of FPs being distributed has increased at many attractions.

All reports pretty much agree that fastpasses are available for about the same amount of time during the day.

Wrong again. There have been a variety of reports. There has been reports of TSMM and Soaring FPs are now available later in the day. But here again, it is hard to say if this is a result of late FP enforcement or increased FP distribution.

AND you continue to make crazy baseless claims with ZERO support like late FP enforcement has caused merchandise sales to decrease. Can you supply us with some sales figures to back up this claim to show how Buzz T-Chirts sales have declined.

I have said REPEATEDLY that late FP usage affected FP availability and caused FPs to run out faster at TSMM and Soarin.

How do you know that this happened at TSMM? You stated that it had been 10 yrs between the trip you just took and the one before that. TSMM was not even open 10 yrs ago so you have no first hand experience on this.

"I have said REPEATEDLY that late FP usage affected FP availability and caused FPs to run out faster at TSMM and Soarin. "

How do you know that this happened at TSMM? You stated that it had been 10 yrs between the trip you just took and the one before that. TSMM was not even open 10 yrs ago so you have no first hand experience on this.

Yep. More to the point, does UNCFanatik actually have some data to back this up?

I made a prediction that Disney would miss out on some sales from families who rush to hit hard fastpass windows. I did not claim to have sales receipts, despite what is posted above by UNCFanatik. Perhaps my prediction will be wrong. As stated in the article, time will tell.

Our friend here makes repeated claims that late fastpasses use hurt the FP availability of TSM and Soarin... where is the evidence to back this up?

Have no fear, no such evidence is forthcoming - I doubt that WDW has this data themselves; I guarantee that UNCFanatik does not. It won't stop him from leveling yet another personal attack on me in a sad attempt to divert attention from the fact that he's the one making wild, baseless assertions.

Funny that when I walk through the process of how fastpasses are consumed, when I break it down into numbers, I get slammed for lacking the ability to comprehend the question at hand. Yet our pal ignores that I am in fact directly addressing the question, and never provides any evidence to back up his claims of how shortages were supposedly created.

Wow, this is just getting really nasty.

Yup. I'm still holding out hope that our friend will decide to help fill the gaps in my spelling, editing, and reading comprehension, and take up my offer to help me produce better content for my site. Guess I shouldn't hold my breath, though. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter